skinny || h.s. au [Rewrite No...

By LovelyLena7

"All I ever wanted was to be skinny." August 2020 Update: The rewrite "Apricity" is coming soon!! Now availab... More

extended description
prologue
prestory a/n (2022 Update!)
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
thirty
thirtyone
thirtytwo
thirtythree
thirtyfour
thirtyfive
thirtysix
turdyseven
thirtyeight
thirtynine
forty
fortyone
fortytwo
fortythree
fortyfour
fortyfive
fortysix
fortyseven
fortyeight
fortynine
fifty
fiftyone
fiftytwo
fiftythree
fiftyfour
fiftyfive
fiftysix
fiftyseven
fiftynine
sixty
sixtyone
sixtytwo
sixtythree
sixtyfour
sixtyfive
sixtysix
sixtyseven
Hello
REWRITE: "APRICITY"
Rewrite "Apricity" is up!

fiftyeight

4.4K 250 102
By LovelyLena7

"You have to get out of the car now, dear." Barbara says. They've been sitting in the parking lot for at least five minutes. And Marley still hasn't calmed her nerves.

"I don't want to go in yet." She says. Tugging and twisting on her fingers nervously. Wishes she had Harry here to reassure her.

But we all know how that's going right now.

"Do you remember anything about your father?" Barbara asks.

Marley shakes her head. "The only things I know are what my brother has told me. I wasn't old enough to remember him when he left." She looks at the lady beside her. Tries not to let tears well in her eyes. "Why does he want me now?"

"I don't know, dear." She says truthfully. "But you can ask him."

Marley just shakes her head again. And looks at the dashboard as it blurs in her vision.

If he's an asshole you can always run away.

But that's not really the part Marley is afraid of. She's terrified he won't be. Because if he's an asshole, it gives him a reason to leave her. He's selfish. If not, that must mean there was something wrong with her, right?

She takes a deep breath. Because she can't stay in this parking lot forever. "Okay, let's go."

Barbara smiles and pats her shoulder. "It will be alright, dear."

As soon as Marley opens the passenger car door, the frigid wind surrounds her. The sky is grey and fitting to the way she feels inside. The clouds loom as if promising the downfall of snow.

But Marley is so entirely tired of winter.

A salt-and-pepper-haired man sits in one of the chairs by the wall as soon as Marley enters. She stops. It can't be him, can it?

The room is small. Like a therapist's office you see on television. And he's the only other person there.

His blue eyes settle on her standing there by the door. And they're far too similar to her crystal blue shade to be a coincidence. He stands. Sets aside the magazine he was previously holding and most likely reading as he waited for her.

"Marley?" He asks.

"Umm... yeah." She readjusts the strap of her bag on her shoulder. Which she refused to leave in Barbara's car. And notices the crispness of his outfit; A pair of navy suit pants, loafers, and a crisp white shirt complete with a blue satin tie.

God, she hopes he's an asshole.

"It's nice to... finally meet you." He says. And he seems almost nervous. But it can't possibly compare to the way Marley feels. Her stomach is nearly in her throat. And Maria keeps telling her to run which isn't helping.

"Here." Barbara interrupts. "Sit down, dear. I'll take your bag."

If she calls you 'dear' one more time, please slap her.

Marley lets go of it hesitantly as Barbara gently takes her bag from her shoulder.

The man moves back to the chair he previously sat in. And motions to the one next to him for her to do the same.

She, instead, sits on the couch on the other side of the coffee table from him. And clasps her hands in her lap. Expecting the worst and staying silent.

"Marley, my name is Don." He says. "And I'm your father."

She knew this but didn't want to admit it to herself until he said it. And now she thinks she may vomit because this is all just a bit too real for her.

So she does what she always does when life is just too real. She closes up. Leans back in her chair.

And laughs.

"Well that's sort of obvious, isn't it? I don't see some other middle aged asshole meeting his teenage daughter for the first time anywhere else around here."

"Marley." Barbara scolds.

"No, it's alright." He says. "She has a right to be angry."

"Damn right I do." Marley snaps. "I've never even met you in my life. God dammit I know Barbara over here better than you. You left me and Jax and now you think you can just claim me? Like some kind of animal?" She leans forward and nearly spits her words. "No. Fuck you."

Don is quiet. As if he wants to make sure she's done before speaking. "I didn't want to leave you. There's so many things you don't understand, Marley."

No matter what he says, it doesn't matter, Marley. He left you. No excuses.

"Then enlighten me." She says. Crossing her arms and leaning back against the couch again.

He clasps his hands together in front of him as if doing so will help him collect his thoughts.

"I wanted to be an amazing father for you, Marley," he starts off, "but your mother..."

She's about to butt in but he continues.

"She didn't want me around anymore. I fought for you and gained joint custody after we split." He shakes his head. "But she threatened to hurt you if I came to see you or tried to take you from her."

Marley is startled to silence. Her mother really was messed up. Far beyond even what Marley was capable of knowing.

In a way, it makes sense. Her mother both hated her and loved her in the worst ways. She blamed Marley for a lot of things but got angry when she would risk getting hurt by playing outside.

And as if Marley couldn't hate her any more already.

Don seems like he's finished. But she still can't bring herself to respond. She glances down at her hand. Clamped firmly over her elbow with her arms still folded over her chest. And the circular scar she has on the back of her palm from the crazy woman who kept her from her father.

"She never liked to talk about you." Marley says. Tears welling in her eyes as she traces her finger over the slightly paler skin. "When I was younger I always had questions."

She looks up at the man who's eyes resemble hers so closely it nearly scares her. And holds up her scarred hand.

"She was vile and manipulative my entire life. She gave me this--" She raises her arm higher. A tear slides down her cheek. "--with the butt of her cigarette. And you want me to believe that you did right by me because you fought for me--oh, but didn't succeed? She was crazy. You could have gotten her locked up or something!"

"Leaving you behind with her is still the biggest regret of my life." He says. "But that's why I want to try and make it up to you, now."

Marley laughs. A bitter, angry laugh. "I'm in high school. My childhood is gone. There's nothing left you can do for me!"

"You've been living on your own, trying to pay bills." Don says. His voice remaining calm despite Marley's yelling. "You don't have to do that anymore. I can do the things that a parent should do. I can help you with your homework if you need it. You can come live with me."

Marley looks down at her fingers. "Live with you?" She shakes her head. But her voice is softer than before. Not angry. Just sad. "I don't even know you."

"But we can learn to know each other." He says. "And you can meet my wife, Loraine, and our daughter, your half sister."

She looks up at him. "I have a sister?"

"She's fourteen." He nods. "Her name is Friona."

Marley tries not to feel. She tries so hard. But truthfully, she's always wanted to have a little sister.

And maybe this is what she's really needed all along. A real family that cares about her.

She just hopes that they will.

_________
SORRY FOR THE DELAY ON THIS CHAPTER BUT UGH IDK

Not sure how I feel about it but there ya go. What did you guys think?

Also... I haven't asked in a while but how are you guys liking the story? Scale of 1 (carroty) to 10 (must be written by the angels) what are you ranking this story?

I know I asked this but it's good to see if the average goes up or down or whatever idk

Also it makes me feel special when you guys say 10 so...

BUT BE HONEST I LOVE YOU EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. TELL ME HOW I CAN IMPROVE.

Also did you watch the trailer yet? I worked really hard on it and even though I couldn't get HD footage of "Marley" or Harry I think it turned out really good.

I also put some of your amazing comments into the end, so be sure to check it out and see if yours made the final cut... see what I did there?

If you didn't watch it yet and don't want to scroll back up, here you go...

xoxo

-Lena xx

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 243 25
We've all heard of the phrase "And they all lived happily ever after..." right? Right? That's all that everyone wants in this world. Living life to...
37.5K 548 15
Harry and Louis looked like they were meant to be from the moment they met at the X Factor, but unfortunately young boys don't always get to live lik...
496K 18.6K 23
one where louis has an eating disorder and works at a café. he meets the baker with the big heart, and horrible flirting skills who just wants to kno...
Fix You By Shelby

Fanfiction

23.4K 506 11
After getting out of an abusive relationship with her ex boyfriend, Luna Williams is left with horrible anxiety, depression and an eating disorder. W...