Embered Coal ° BUCKY BARNES |...

By bokuroos

don't worry about the darkness in my soul. it ignites me like an embered coal. [bucky barnes x lara roth] [ca... More

prologue; file corrupted
one; are these cookies?
two; the sokovia accords
three; no, you move
four; the mattress
five; the adventures of catman
six; worth saving
seven; the winter soldier
nine; i've never had a suit
ten; forgive me
eleven; guilt
twelve; the darkness took
epilogue; this mind of mine

eight; a long ride

4.7K 218 45
By bokuroos

She was leaning up against the wall, arms crossed as she watching Steve close the tool on Bucky's metallic arm. Bucky was unconscious, Sam helping hold him up so Steve could keep his arm in the tool. Lara was nursing her head, knowing that she wouldn't be getting any other breaks then at this moment.

She ended up sitting down after a while, her eyes never straying far from the man in the middle of the room. Bucky looked semi-peaceful in his spot, though she was pretty sure he would be sore when he woke up. He had fallen off of a balcony thanks to T'Challa.

When a groan resonated from the Soldier, Lara looked at Sam, who was standing not too far away from her. Bucky looked around the room, before his eyes landed on his arm. His fingers made a fist, though he knew he wouldn't be getting out of it.

Sam had called Cap into the room, the blonde man running to get to him. Steve entered the room a second later, both males standing on either side as Bucky focused his eyes on Lara. The girl looked away, her fingers suddenly on her neck, feeling where his hand had once been. But that was another lifetime, and Bucky had changed. That wasn't Bucky, not the one she knew.

Lara still couldn't help but be a little scared of Bucky. Only for what Hydra had done to him.

"Steve," the hoarseness of his voice brought Lara out of her thoughts, and she turned to look at him again.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked, his voice serious and demanding. Lara got up, walking until she was hidden behind Steve slightly. Curiosity was getting the better of her.

"Your mom's name was Sarah," Bucky said. There was a long pause, before he chuckled, saying, "You used to wear newspapers in you shoes."

Lara's heart melted. It was her Bucky.

"You can't read that in a museum," Steve said, a small smile on his face.

"Just like that we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked, looking at Steve. He noticed the delicate smile on Lara's face, and he sighed a little bit.

"What did I do?" Bucky suddenly asked. Lara looked at him for a little bit longer, before her eyes focused on Steve. He was the one that should tell him, because they knew each other for longer.

"Enough," Steve said, making Lara blink. That was all he seemed to need to say as Bucky sighed, knowing he was disappointed with himself.

"Oh God, I knew this would happen," Bucky said, looking down on the dirty cement floor. "Everything Hydra put inside me is still there. All he had to say was the goddamned words."

"Who was he?"

"I don't know."

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup, the doctor, all that just to get ten minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know'."

Lara gulped as she stared at Bucky. She just wanted to hold him, tell him everything was going to be okay. Because hopefully it was. She just wanted to feel his warm arms wrap around her like they used to, to feel his lips press against her head. But, the memories of the Winter Soldier clouded those with thoughts of getting hurt, the bruising on her neck. Her fingers we to her neck, prodding it to see if there was a bruise. There was no pain.

"He wanted to know about Siberia," Bucky said, as if he was remembering what had happened to him. "Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked, and Lara sighed. She was all for listening, it's just her head was hurting and she couldn't get anything for it without getting arrested again (probably). She was a wanted person.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

Bucky went on to telling them about everything, Lara leaning her head back against the wall. She had specific orders from Steve not to fall asleep, so her eyes were open, but everything hurt. She wasn't going to blame Bucky for the fault was pointed at the fake psychiatrist that came to interview Bucky.

Lara wasn't really into the conversation much after that, as she had started to try and keep herself awake. Bucky's arm was now under his control instead of trapped, and Lara couldn't help it. When Steve and Sam stopped talking to him, she felt herself get up, and walk over to him.

"Bucky?" Her voice was soft as she placed a hand his shoulder. His blue eyes flashed up to look at her, a ghost of a smile appearing on his face.

"Lara," it came out as a whisper, and Lara nodded, before running a hand through his long hair. She giggled when she was pulled onto his lap, her arms wrapping around his shoulders as her head went into his neck. He smelt gross, like sweat and dirt, but she was just happy to be in his arms again. "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" Lara asked, taking her head away from his neck to look at him. His arms were around her, holding her securely as his face held a sad, apologetic look.

"Everything," he whispered, as she tucked a strand of his hair behind his ear. She smiled at him, her hand cupping his cheeks before she pulled his mouth down to her's. His lips were soft, moving with her's the second they met. His arms pulled her closer, like he needed the body heat she was supplying him with.

Lara's arms snaked around his neck, pulling him even closer as they continued to kiss. It got sloppier, like they were getting out ninety years of sexual frustration. Which they kind of were. Lara's hands found their way to his hair, entailing her fingers in it as she changed position on his lap, smiling as her legs wrapped around his waist.

She pulled away a minute later, smiling as she panted. The kiss took her breath away, like it did all those years okay. A smile was on his face too, and Lars distinctly remembered that boy from Brooklyn all dressed up in his Sergeant's uniform.

"Everything is going to be okay," Lara mumbled, before pulling Bucky into another hug, feeling him inhale a breath of her hair.

Her eyes closed, just wanting to remember how this felt like. She didn't know how much time her and Bucky would get to just enjoy with themselves, but if she remembered what he felt like hugging her, and kissing her, everything would be alright.

"Hey, love birds," Sam called out, making Lara and Bucky pull away from each other. The glint of silver of his arm made Lara reach up to her neck, making sure there wasn't bruises before she got off of Bucky.

She smiled sheepishly at Steve and Sam, knowing if the old Bucky was back he's be smirking. He got off of his chair, the two of them following the two of them. Lara walked out of the room, quickly following after the boys, before she was staring at a small punch buggy, knowing she was going to have to squeeze into that. But, she was going to fight about this.

"Um, what is that?" Lara asked, looking at Steve and Sam. She walked around the car, seeing if perhaps it was gonna be like the Tardis. Bigger on the inside, smaller on the outside, that whole deal. "You realize that there are three huge, muscular dudes and female who doesn't want to be squished."

"It's the fastest thing I could find in a small amount of time," Steve defended, and Lara turned to him with her eyebrows raised.

"You couldn't have picked a bigger ride?" She still complained, hearing Bucky snickering at her. Lara shot him a glare, not in the mood.

"Hey, just think, you and Bucky will be really snug in the back." Sam poked fun at her, making Lara turn and glare at him.

"And you think I want that cold, metal arm pushing against my side? No, thanks!"

"Wow, when did you get so feisty?" Bucky asked, walking forward and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Lara shoved him off her, a smirk on her face.

"I've always been this feisty, I just don't show it till the second date," Lara said, her and Bucky looking at each other. They were lost in a moment of memories, good ones, and they didn't want to leave them.

Steve clearing his throat brought the two back to the real world. "Sorry, Lara, about the tight space. Now, get into the car and suck it up, because we got stuff to do."

Begrudgingly, cursing Steve under her breath, Lara climbing into the back, Bucky following her. A sigh escaped her mouth when she felt the cold metal of his arm brush against her side. She shot him a glare, Bucky giving her a smirk back.

This was going to be a long ride.

__________

n.e.

yay! lucky actually reunited. those cute little innocent flowers! ((:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.5K 36
❝I don't fear monsters anymore. I have been surrounded by them for so long that I have become one myself.❞ ❝ You could never be a monster to me. ❞ ...
61.7K 1.5K 12
S.Rogers x B.Barnes x f!Stark!Reader Y/n, Steve and Bucky are now in Wakanda, 2 months after the events of civil war. All is peaceful - but will it s...
4.5K 123 5
United We Stand. Divided We Fall. Book 5 (No Intended Love Interest) (Captain America: Civil War)
84.4K 3.3K 45
❝ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴀʏ ᴅᴇғᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜʀɴ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴᴊᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ʏᴏᴜ, ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀ...