Dancing with fire. [A Severus...

By follow_ur_dreams86

A new subject has been added to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Performing arts?! As well as a br... More

disclaimer
The new professor
The man with the black hair
First night at Hogwarts
Rise of the Phoenix
Snapes mistake
Flight of the Phoenix
New dawn
Snapes suspicions
First contact
Secret rendezvous
Dancing in the moonlight
Double trouble
Snapes temper
The sorting
A talk with Dumbledore
The start of something new
"Dance with me"
Thank goodness for weekends
A sad day for us all
A new challenge
A trip down memory lane
Inspiration and deception
Halloween
The very private life of Severus Snape
The truth hurts
Snapes confession
Heavy hearts
Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
An apology
A changed man
Let the show begin
A slight change of plan
An act of tender loving care
Spinners end
A glimpse into the past
Secrets spilled
Christmas at St Mungos
Sparks fly at Spinners End
A private lesson
A huge misunderstanding
Valentines day
"I'm scared..."
Secrets and lies
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire
A proper family
The begining of the end
Phoenix Knight

A birthday surprise for Severus

3K 106 13
By follow_ur_dreams86

Phoenix

I couldn't help feeling throughly miserable at being back at Hogwarts. Severus and I had gone back to seeing each other mostly at mealtimes and weekends. It was hard to adjust to as I had grown so used to being with him all the time. That being said, it was lovely being back with my students. January had arrived with bitter winds and heavy snowfall. The castle had turned into an icebox and I had resorted to conjuring large firepits around the Hall in an effort to keep my students from freezing. Having the fires blazing gave me an idea for my next topic. Dances from around the world. I loved nothing more than a good dance around an open fire! January also brought with it Severus' birthday, which I was most excited about. I wanted to surprise him and after spending Christmas at Spinners end, I knew exactly what to do. January 9th came around quickly. I was sat at the teachers table waiting for him to show up for breakfast. I saw him enter the Hall and smirked to myself. "Happy birthday Professor" I whispered as he sat next to me. "Thank you" he muttered out of the side of his mouth. I watched him serve himself breakfast and felt my heart swell. I gave his arm a gentle nudge, "Meet me at my place at 6pm, don't be late." I whispered.

I was so excited about the plans I had made for Severus' birthday, that I barely noticed anything that was going on around me, which is how I happened to crash headlong into the tall, slightly foreboding form of another Professor. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I stammered as I fumbled to help pick up the rolls of parchment that he had been carrying. As our hands touched I looked up into the most piercing blue eyes. They looked so out of place on his large, square jawed face. "It's fine" he added gruffly, even though his tone of voice clearly indicated that he was far from it. "I'm Phoenix Knight." I added sheepishly. "I know who you are" he replied,
"I teach preforming arts" I added hesitantly.
"Yes, I know. I was there to watch the Christmas performance." He grabbed the last of the rolls of parchment. "Yes, of course, sorry" I added quietly, feeling very embarrassed for some unknown reason. "I'm Professor Earnest Winters. Defense against the dark arts is my subject." He juggled the parchments around until his right hand was free. "It's lovely to meet you." I replied shyly. "Likewise" he answered back. Then he shuffled the parchments about once more and continued on his way down the corridor. I stood there watching his retreating form before carrying on. "By the way" he called, I stopped and looked back over my shoulder. "I thought you dance beautifully." he added in a clear confident voice. I smiled as my face flushed a deep crimson, but I didn't have time to reply because he had already turned his back on me and set off once more.

I hurtled through the doors of the great Hall, I had just got back from putting the finishing touches to my gift and was famished. I looked along the teachers table eager to see Severus. He wasn't there, however, I did spot Earnest. He seemed to have noticed me too because he gave me the smallest of smiles. I hesitated, before setting off to join him. "We meet again" I said as I took my seat. "Aren't I the lucky one" he replied swiftly. I gave him a scowl before I began to help myself to whatever food I could reach. "So how have you settled into Hogwarts?" He asked as I stuffed a fork full of pasta into my mouth. I looked at him with wide eyes and nodded my head vigorously. After I managed to swallow I added, " I love it here. The students are so hard working and enthusiastic." He gave a slow nod. "So how long have you been here?" I asked politely. "I started the same time as you." I raised an eyebrow at him. "So how come I've never met you before?" I asked abruptly. He looked slightly abashed, but he composed himself quickly. "I've seen you around" he replied, "but you always seemed so....distracted." he trailed off, as the looming figure of Severus Snape materialised over me. "Severus" I smiled, " have you met Professor Winters?" I asked innocently even though the look on his face made my stomach plummet. "Please, call me Earnest" he offered unhelpfully. A vein throbbed threateningly in Severus' temple. "I don't believe I have had the pleasure" he replied through gritted teeth.
"Sit down Severus." I said quietly. He sank into the seat next to me. I looked at Earnest and tried to smile. "So what brought you here to teach Defense against the dark arts?" I asked. I tried to keep my voice level.
"I'm almost halfway through auror training with the Ministry of Magic, but I don't have the necessary practical experience to enter the field just yet, so when I heard that Dumbledore was looking for a Defense teacher, I offered up my services as extra credit for my course." I nodded slowly. "That's fair enough" I added. I was starting to get fidgety as Severus had not said a word since he sat down. "Have you always been a dancer? " he asked. I smiled, " Oh yes" I replied, "I adore dancing. "
"I could tell. You were superb at the Christmas performance, I could barely take my eyes off you." I winced at his words, and sure enough, as if on cue, Severus bolted upright and left the table. I watched his black cloak disappear through the mighty doors of the great Hall. Oh here we go, I thought angrily to myself. "I guess he wasn't hungry" remarked Earnest. I shrugged my shoulders before looking down at my own plate. Suddenly, I didn't really feel like eating anymore.

Severus

I was livid. I felt jealousy burning through me like fiendfyre. I had managed to get through the rest of my lessons, admittedly there had been some hefty house point docking, and more then one of them left my class in tears. I tried to calm myself, I tried to clear my mind, but images of her with that other professor kept creeping in. I clenched my teeth together and continued seething. How could I manage to keep it together in front of Lord Voldemort, but twenty seconds in her company sent me spiraling out of control! I had to get a grip for both our sakes. It was almost 6pm. I slammed the ingredients cupboard closed, smashing half a dozen glass jars in the process. I sighed impatiently, "repairo" I uttered before making my way out of my classroom and headed to her cottage.
The grounds were covered with freshly fallen snow which came almost halfway to my knees as I trudged through it. The wind howled ominously. I pulled my cloak tighter around myself and gritted my teeth as I struggled against the elements.
"come in" Phoenix cried as I knocked loudly on her front door. I shook the snow from my hair as I closed the door behind me. "Happy birthday my love! " she murmured as she took hold of my hands and pulled me to her. I smiled automatically, but I could feel my negativity pulsing through me. She gave me a puzzled look. I should have known she would pick up on my mood. She knew me far too well.
"Are you still sulking about earlier? " she asked as she stood glaring at me with her hands on her hips.
"Well what do you expect?!" I snarled back, my nostrils flared as I tried desperately to get a hold of my anger. However, for once, it was not me who lost my temper first.
"Now you listen to me Severus Snape!" she yelled, her cheeks flushing an angry crimson. "I do NOT expect you to govern who u choose to be friends with. It is my choice, not yours. When are you going to learn? I refuse to feel guilty or ashamed to be friends with Earnest, and yes, he is only a friend, nothing else. Do I make myself perfectly clear? !" Her chest was heaving the time she finished shouting. I didn't say a word, I just stared at her. "Now I've put alot of hard work into sorting out your birthday present, so will you do me a favour and stop making me feel so angry with you?" After she paused for a few seconds to see if I would answer her, she rolled her eyes and held out her hand. "Come here" she ordered abruptly. I reluctantly stepped towards her. She picked up a large, old teapot which was giving off a faint blue glow. Without another word she grabbed me tightly by the hand, and I felt my feet leave the safety of Phoenix' cottage. The invisible force of the port key pulled my body through a swirling, nauseating blur of time and space. Then almost as quickly as it started, it was all over. Instead of Hogwarts we were standing in the snow covered meadow beyond Phoenix' grandmothers cottage. "Come on" she muttered, clearly still angry with me. "Phoenix" I whispered, she carried on as if I hadn't spoken. "Listen!" I snapped as I pulled her arm back. She stopped abruptly, inclined her head ever so slightly but still refused to met my gaze. "I'm sorry" I growled, and as the words left my mouth, I knew I meant it. "You're absolutely right, I have no right to dictate who you can be friends with. I'm sorry." She looked at me with a hard stare, but gradually her expression began to soften. "Appology accepted" she grinned as she swooped in for a quick peck on the lips. She led the way a little more cheerful. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had never seen her lose her temper before, and I didn't intend to witness it again anytime soon. I still didn't care for Earnest Winters. He was hiding something, I could feel it. I made a mental note to myself to see what his agenda really was, but until then I followed on, my curiosity mounting as we continued onwards. Before long we arrived at the cottage. It looked so different now. The garden was neat and tidy. Even though it was covered in a snowy blanket at the moment. Phoenix pulled me forward eager to get me closer. But as we walked up to the front door I came to a halt. Across the entrance was a large Green ribbon baring the way forward. I looked at Phoenix. She looked back at me, a nervous expression etched upon her face. "Here" she said as she passed me an envelope. I took it then gingerly began to open it up. I scanned the letter and my jaw dropped.
"Happy birthday Severus" she whispered as she pulled out a pair of golden scissors from behind her back. The letter contained the deeds of this property. She was making me joint owner of her grandmothers cottage. "Phoenix" I managed to splutter.
"Welcone home my love." she smiled as she handed me the scissors. My hand shook as I cut the ribbon in two. "Phoenix you're giving me half this house?"I asked uncertainly.
"I've been thinking about living with each other for quite some time now, and after Christmas, I knew it was what I wanted more than anything in this world. Will you live with me here, in our cottage? " she asked shyly. I couldn't answer her, instead I engulfed her with my arms, held her tightly and brought my hungry lips to hers. I couldn't believe she had done this for me, for us. Never in my life had anyone done anything so loving and thoughtful. "I can't believe it. " I whispered as I stepped over the threshold of our new home. As I gazed around the kitchen, it was like I was looking around it for the very first time. We were home.
"This" I said as I gestured to the cottage, "is the most incredible gift I have ever received. Thank you." She smiled her most beautiful smile. "There is one more surprise" she purred seductively, "but you'll have to unwrap it in our bedroom." she gave me a playful wink as she pulled me through our cottage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 1.5K 39
Reader is a student at Hogwarts, and a super rebel with Snape. She gives him hell in every way she can to break his stern behavior, she teases him un...
15.2K 391 24
Severus is good friends with your father so you've known him almost your whole life. You're 18 and entering your last year at Hogwarts. But what happ...
27.3K 701 44
Combining mating bonds and the magic you'd find at Hogwarts to create a smutty (explicit warning! 18+) love story between y/n and a very soft Severus...
27.1K 938 8
↳ ❝ [ ADAMO ] ❞ ━ yandere severus snape x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, severus snape, a cold and unfeeling individual, finds ...