Little Doors • Joshler

By shipitwithmysoul

In a strange world, two boys find eachother through little doors. (This fic is a little different, you'll see... More

1• Paper
3• 1000 squares

2• Knock

1.3K 99 149
By shipitwithmysoul

Tyler's pov

I sat on my bed staring at the little painted white door in the middle of my wall. I slipped the bit of paper out of my pocket and examined the knock code written on it.

To knock..or not to knock..

I brought my kness up and hugged them to my chest as i rested my head on top of them, watching the little door as if it was going to do something.

I've never used my little door much, I guess that's because I never really had much use for it or even a desire to use it. I got it installed when I was thirteen.

Here in the land of blurryface, there are no phones and no computers, all electronics are attracted to buildings to help you with everyday tasks rather than for your own personal entertainment, so that is where the little doors come in.
The doors are what connects people from all around the world, and the key to them is a knock. Every door owner has a different type of knock, and if you tap out that rhythm on your own door, you will be able to connect with many other people through their doors. It's as simple as that.

Sometimes when I'm bored and in my room I'll glance at the door and consider just tapping out a random knock and just seeing who could be on the other side. Prank knocking just for some form of amusement.

But I never do..

I slipped off of my bed and into the floor, shuffling across the carpet on my knees until I reached the little door.

I traced my fingers over it's shiny painted surface, over it's grooves and cracks until I brought my hand down to the brassy coloured circular knob.
I twisted the knob and heard the door click, and squeak slightly as I pulled the door open.

I came face to face with the black void.
It was a deep black space of nothing, no floor no walls, just emptiness. Sometimes I'd just sit there and find myself getting lost as I stared into the black abyss.

As I got used to the feeling of sitting in front of the door I imagined if there were someone on the other side. It surely isn't that bad to at least try to talk to someone, they could be nice, we might even turn out to be good friends for all I know.

I poked the door with my finger until it closed.
I sat there looking at the little door for a moment, my brain deciding whether or not what I was about to do was a good idea or not. I knew it most likely wouldn't be a good idea but I pushed my thought away.

I sighed and quickly got up off the floor and went over to the device on the wall and set it to 'do not disturb', this blocks of my tube so that no one can use it to get into my room.

I then crept back over to the door.

"There is no harm in trying tyler." I whispered to myself trying to build up my motivation and confidence.
"Everyone else is probably meeting their knock buddy, you should do it too."

I took in a deep breath as I knelt in front of the door.
I looked down in my palm at the crumpled piece of paper.
I brought my fist up to the doors hard surface, my knuckles against it as I slowly began to tap out the knock code for 'josh dun'.

I felt a nauseas sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as I came closer to the end of the knock. I don't know who's going to be on the other side, what if they don't want to talk to me, why am I even doing this?

I gently tapped the final knock on the door.

Oh god what have I done, why did I do this, no I'm not ready to talk to anyone just yet!

Regardless, I forced myself to open up my little door again and cautiously peek into it. No one had answered the knock yet, the doors were probably still connecting.

I peered into the black void and feeling my head spin with dizziness as every inch of me drowned in nervousness and anticipation.

Sometimes the black void wasn't always black, sometimes it would change colours and on few occasions you'd see random objects floating past. One time when I was on a knock call with my grandma and we saw a pretty little flower float past, I remember asking her how it got there.

She said to me that no one should ever reach in through the door or put any of their body part through it, because you're entering into an incredibly condensed space of the world.

See to connect to someone's door and see them on the other side, your door is connecting thousands of miles depending on who you're trying to reach, so all that space is condensed into a short space between yours and their door, creating this black abyss of nothing.

If you where to reach your arm out in it your body wouldn't be able to handle it so your whole arm could be erased. It's kind of a scary thought but it's also kind of intriguing.

So you see sometimes people try to pass things through the door, or they'll accidentally drop something, often times it'll just disintegrate or it will float off into the space.

I wonder what it would be like to float aimlessly through never ending space...

My deep thoughts were interrupted when I saw a light in the shape of a square in the middle of the void.
The light of someone opening up their door.

My heart rapidly pounded in my chest, I could hear it in my ears loudly now.
Then I thought I caught sight of a glimpse of them..

No.

I slammed shut my door with both of my hands, breathing out deeply with my head down and palms still pressed against the door as if it was going to open back up of it's own accord.

What the hell am I doing?

I heard a beep and then my moms voice came in through the electronic pad.

"Kids dinner is ready." Her voice said.

With my self still slightly shaken I took a shallow breath standing up and went over to the black tube in the corner of my room, I stood in it and was soon whooshing off to the dinning room.

I saw my family all sat at their chairs as I walked in. I took a seat next to zack who was currently shovelling in his food.

"So how was your day kids?" Mom asked us all.

"Good." He all mumble plainly in unison.

"Oh." Was all mom said as she took a sip of her drink.
"How about you tyler? What happened at school today?" She asked me cheerily.

Oh god I've been singled out.

"It was fine, just an average day." I shrugged.

After all I didn't really have much to say. What was I supposed to say-Hey mom I spend all day in the boys bathroom reading books filled with poems and avoiding classmates because they're all close minded and too overly cheery for my liking?

Madison saved the day by cutting in and chatting about her friends and asking if she could be lent some money to go to the mall.

I took this opportunity to quickly finish my dinner. I stood up with my empty plate and said a little polite 'excuse me' as I left the table and put my plate in the kitchen and went over to the tubes.

Each tube was a different colour so it was easier to remember which one was which. Mine was obviously the black one, mom often complains about the colour being too dark but I think it's an artistic and meaningful colour.
I think of black like this, our pupils are black, apparently a dark and depressing colour, but they take in all the colours of the world in through them. Beautiful isn't it?

I wooshed up to my room and decided I should just take a shower and spend the rest or the night watching movies and eating food instead if feeling rude for ending the call as soon as this person answered.

I had my pyjamas all bundled in my hand, ready to head off to the bathroom when I noticed a little piece of paper hanging out of the slot next to my door.

Curiously I walked over to it and pulled it out. I recognised the knock to be this guy Josh's, typed out on it was the message.

'Dont worry, I don't bite'

I felt my cheeks get warm with embarrassment, I didn't end the call quick enough and now he knows I've chickened out. He probably thinks I'm a wimp or he knows I'm incredibly awkward now. He might just think I'm stupid.

So much for making a good first impression, I slammed my door in his face for christs sake.

Ah I should just throw myself out of the window for being so awkward.

I placed all my fingers against my bottom lip and dragged it down with a sigh. I dropped the piece of paper, letting it float down onto my bed as I turned and went to go have a shower.

Later on as I stood underneath the strawberry scented water, my mind was still stuck on the same thoughts.

What am I going to do with myself ?

I can't call him back now because I'll probably just do the same thing. Maybe I should call back and apologise for slamming my door on him, that would or might erase the awkward tension I'm feeling.

He could be one of those people who are excited about having a knock buddy from another land and now he probably thinks I don't want to speak to him. Oh god I could've made him feel bad..
No that's not it. He definitely thinks I'm a wimp.
Don't worry I don't bite.

I sighed and rubbed soap all over my body and rinsed it off under the warm water.

The teachers are supposed to check up on is with all of this. His teacher is going to be checking up on him too, what's he going to say?
Oh my knock buddy slammed his door on me as soon as I answered and he hasn't bothered to call me back and I'm not going to call because he obviously doesn't want to talk to me.

Oh god maybe I should call him back...

I got out of the shower and dried myself off really well before putting on some soft long cotton pants and a plain white tshirt.
I didn't fancy going up the tube in the nude and to my room to get dressed. I can imagine that would be highly unusual because there are 'certain things' that would move as you whooshed around...

I stood in the aqua coloured tube and keyed into the pad to be sent off to my room.
A few moments later I was in my room and setting it up so I could watch movies comfortable. I set my roof to night time mode which made the ceiling portray a picture of the starry dark purple night sky.

Just as I was pulling on some comfy socks I saw a glowing light shining out from behind my little white door signifying that it was being called.

Oh gosh...what if, what if it's josh?

I hesitantly shuffled my way over to the door with a sock in my hand.
I slowly opened the door and almost immediately the light faded from within.

I was confused as all I saw now was the familiar black space.

Then it clicked with me.

He just did what I did to him.

I knew what my job was to do now. I went and typed into the key pad next to the door. I typed in his knock code and typed 'don't worry I don't bite :P'.
I pressed send knowing that in a few moments he was going to get a little paper message, but I was surprised when I too got a little paper message.

I pulled it out of the slot and read it under the glow of the electronic screen.

'You're a cheeky one'

I typed back a message with a little smile on my face.

'You started it'

Another note was spat back out.

'Let the games begin'

_________________________
Thanks for reading!

My other fic 'choke me' will be updated later on.

I kinda like the cuteness of this fic.

I need to sleep gah. Nighty night don't let the dragons bite x

Q: would you rather marry a member of TØP or have them marry eachother?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
598K 30.2K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
424K 10.7K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
73.1K 2.5K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...