Shy, Scared, and Weak. I'm th...

Por D_Nichole

When you live your life in fear how will you turn out? Jillian Sadem might be an Alpha's daughter, but socia... Más

First Snow
Meeting the pack
Going "Home"
Odd
SheWolf
Dinner Sparks
Sleep
Anxious
Depression
Authors Note
The Alphas Sister
Rejected
Marked
Agreement
Invitation
Preparing for Dinner
Banquet
Meetings, Meetings, and Markings
New Luna
Welcoming The Luna
Training Day
Wolves
Crescent Moon Pack Dinner
Night Talks
Disobedient
Alone
Sorrow
Taken Luna
Stone
Snivelling Pup
The Investigation Continues
Reunited
Through the Pain
Same Womb

Lost and Found

16.6K 474 81
Por D_Nichole

Damien's POV

Midnight Destines
Red Moon
Midnight Shadow

Those were the "rouges". They all came from those packs. Pete said that they had been banished from their packs according to the documents. What did those packs have in common for them all to attack together? Why weren't other packs involved and just those three?

It was 3 am and it was all I could think about. Jillian was being hurt and I couldn't do anything until I knew where she was. We couldn't be together until I found her.

I threw the blankets off my body, I wasn't tired. I tried to sleep, but it wouldn't come.

I got out of my bedroom and went to the office, I wanted to talk to some Alphas. Why would three packs send out werewolves only to kill themselves as a distraction? It had to be a distraction that would keep me from Jillian, that's how they got her.

Sinking into my chair I pulled out the directory of all the Alphas in the world. Every couple of moons I would be sent another one to confirm which Alphas stepped down and who took over from then on. First I called Alpha Hayden Cross, he was the Alpha of Red Moon pack and was close to me, we had made many alliances on the past. His Pack resides in Canada. Jillian and I went up there for the banquet that he hosts yearly.

Um, its three in the morning, most people are asleep right now... Stone interjected when the phone had been ringing for a while. With a deep sigh I realized that I could only get a limited amount of work done at this time of day, I left him a voicemail to call me back later in the morning.

I pulled out my maps and laid them on the table in front of me.

Crescent Moon was located on the boarders of Oregon, Washington and Idaho (not including the capital Boise) We are distant neighbors with Midnight Shadow, Jillian's original pack.

Then it hit me like a sack of refried beans.

Jillian's father is Midnight Shadow. His pack members were found on my territory and he was abusive to his daughter.

I rocked back on my heels and fell into the seat. Was the answer right there all along? Had I been dancing around it all this time?

Then what did Easton and Cross have to do with all of it? I had never seen Alpha Sadem with them for anything other than when necessary. Had they banded together to take her from me? Cross wasn't my enemy, the two others had reason to be mad at me. I had a fight with Sadem and Easton and I weren't on good terms.

Had my father done something to Red Moon to make Cross want revenge?

I picked up my phone, I wasn't here to ask questions, I was here to find my mate. Jillian's life was like a taunt thread in the hands of someone strong. One more tug and she would be broken, never to be fixed again.

This time I called Betas, I don't want to talk to the Alphas anymore, if they were suspects why would they tell me the truth?

I got sent to voicemail by Beta Franklin of Midnight Destines, but to my surprise Beta Winston of Midnight Shadow answered after the second ring.

"Hello?"I must have woken him up, his voice was tired and I could tell he was just getting up. Winston was rather young to be the Beta of someone as old as Alpha Sadem. But he made his position work.

"Hi, this is Alpha Kingsley of Crescent Moon Pack" I rubbed my eyes and looked into the black night beyond the windows.

"Oh! Alpha, why are you calling?"

"I wanted to know where Alpha Sadem was, I need to speak with him." I lied, I didn't want to talk to that monster. He could have killed Jillian.

"I'm sorry, but he's out of town and left me in charge, can I help in any way?"

My interest piqued, "Where is the Alpha then?"

"Well he is on private territory with the Luna. That's all I know" Winston admitted. It surprised me that he gave up the information so willingly, was he lying to me?

My head cocked to the side in thought, "Why do you ask, Alpha? Do you want me to leave a message?"

"No, no there is no need, if he is out I will not bother him. Thanks Winston, bye" I set the phone in the cradle before I would have to talk more. Why was Sadem and his Luna away?

It's three....why must you work now? Stone yawned loudly.

Do you want to find the Luna or not?

Stone stopped complaining. I picked up the phone again and dialed Ruby Sadem-Sharpe. Jillian's sister might have answers. According to Jillian they were to halves to a whole and Ruby must know something.

She's gonna hate you when you tell her that Jillian is gone. And she's gonna be upset for disturbing her beauty sleep. Stone laid on his stomach and watched me. He would find it wildly entertaining when Ruby picked up.

The ringing stopped abruptly, "Is this the guy selling the toaster ovens? I've already told you I don't want what your selling and if you call my wife one more time I will find you and-"

"It's Kinglsey" I interrupted. I was perplexed as to why Sharpe picked up and not Ruby herself. I did call her phone number.

His rant stopped, "Oh, whats going on? Why are you calling so late?"

"I couldn't wait"

I heard rustling on the other end, "No sweetie, it's not the guy. It's Jillian's mate....he says it couldn't wait until morning"

It is morning, Stone covered his face with his paw.

"You can put me on speaker" I shifted in my seat to get comfortable, this would be a long conversation.

"Hi, Alpha. Is something up with Jillian, like is she sick? She won't answer my texts"

I wish she was sick. If she was then she would be with me, safe and secure.

"Worse than that" I groaned, dreading the fact that I would have to tell Ruby what happened.

"Oh my goodness is she pregnant or something? You sound distraught." Sharpe spoke this time.

"She was kidnapped" I spoke quickly and held my breath to wait for a response.

"WHAT?!" the pair barked in unison.

"ShewastakenthedayaftershewenttoseeyouandIhavereasontobelivethatyourdaddidit" I spat it out quickly.

The other end was eerily quiet, "You're gonna have to repeat that..." Sharpe requested. "Jillian was taken the day after she went to see Ruby"

"Um, she said that you wouldn't let her go" Jillian's sister observed with a skeptic eye.

"No, I never said that." That whole night was crazy and I don't have time to try to explain it, "I'm not here to talk about what happened then. All I want to talk about is what is going on now"

"Why do you think we would have answers?" Sharpe wondered.

"Apparently, Alpha Sadem is out of his territory and I wanted to know if the Luna knew why"

"My parents haven't gone on vacation since we were pups. I don't know where they would be" Ruby said.

"Does your father have any reason to want Jillian back? If he was abusing her would he want her or would he rather her gone?"

"Dad is possessive. And he saw Jillian as an object, your scuffle with him at the banquet wouldn't help either" Ruby sighed. Stone growled thinking about how most of Jillian's life was spent being tortured.

"Wouldn't it be easier if we spoke in person?" Sharpe suggested, "Like on neutral territory when it's not almost 4 in the morning?"

Thank you, I need my beauty sleep. Stone rolled over and closed his eyes. I closed my hand into a fist, I wanted to find her as soon as possible. I didn't want to wait until a reasonable time. Could Jillian wait for a reasonable time? She is suffering and all I can do is make useless phone calls and make random moves. Her life was on the line and I couldn't do anything!

"Fine, if we could meet today that would be wonderful." I closed my eyes, I had other responsibilities that came with being Alpha, I had to do those too.

"3:30?"

"2 o'clock"

"Perfect"

I put the phone back in its cradle and hung up. Looking at the time I stretched and went back to my bedroom. I would hate to be controlling of Jillian when she gets back, but I might not be able to help it. When I see her again I would want to keep her safe from every single thing.

I groaned and closed the door. Jillian.... Jillian, I tried mind-link until I got a headache. Where was she that she couldn't hear my signal? Why was our connection severed? It was like I was trying to talk to a brick wall. I was blocked from hearing and speaking by something so physiological it was physical.

I took breath and raked my hands through my hair. My knees buckled and I slid down the wall to the floor. My head was beginning to throb and I didn't want to loose the ability to mind-link when I would need it most. I don't know how humans live without it, mind-link was exceedingly important.

I hoisted myself up, it was 5 o'clock now. The pack runs start at 7:30, today was scheduled for human form, but Stone needed to get out. He was pacing and scraping, ever since he had been revived he had hardly been able to get out and used to his own skin.

I opened the closet and got dressed, I brushed my teeth and somewhat fixed my crazy hair. I shoved my wallet and phone into my pocket along with my keys and headed down the stairs to the garage. I was quiet when walking down the stairs, people lived here and I tended to clop around in my boots.

The sun hadn't risen yet. I opened the garage door and hopped in the Escalade. Sticking the keys into the ignition I began to drive.

Where are you headed? Stone was intrigued when he saw some landmarks that were very recognizable.

Northwestern Sector, I smirked and drove faster.

★★★

I parked the Cadillac at the gate of the Northwestern woods.

I frowned when I saw that the gate was broken. The rouges must have done it when they attacked. I lifted the gate off the ground, it was dangling on its hinges just pressed against the adjacent post.

You don't need to open it too much, I can fit, Stone pressed.

Are you sure? I looked down at the tiny space between the post and gate. You are much bigger, you know.

Just leave it!

I shrugged and went back to the car. I opened the hatch back and undressed, leaving my clothes there I allowed Stone to come forth.

Stone's POV

This is nice. Except for the fact that it isn't!

I'm stuck. I snarled when I tried to wedge my way through the crack between the post and gate.

Stupid lycanthrope.

I knew my human was sitting back with that stupid smug smile on his face, like "I told you so"

I growled and launched myself forward, that'll teach him, the gate loosened around my waist and I was able to get out and into the forest. Damien had come out here the night of the attack and after he found our that mate was gone. He was outraged that his soldiers and guards couldn't keep the pack safe. I'm pretty sure he threatened their lives.

Further west I knew that there was a fallen tree. I trotted that way. Rains had come and washed away all the scents last week and last night the heavens opened once again. The feel of the earth between the pads on my feet felt nice and cool to my own hot temperament.

There was red tape closing off a section of the wood.

There must be something back here that could hurt people, Damien concluded. This was where those rouges from Red Moon, Midnight Destines, and Midnight Shadow came into my territory. My paws dug into the ground and my teeth bared, there was nothing to fight, and I wanted something to kill.

Mate.

My anger softened.

My thoughts went back to when we ran through the woods and her fur was soft against my nose. Her smell was intoxicating.

With a rush of exhilaration I ducked under the tape and sprinted through the forest. I ran as fast as I could in this bigger body, the weight slowed me, with some training I would find my speed again. The sound of blood coursed through my ears and the feel of adrenaline pumping through my veins was so addicting I never wanted my burst of energy to end.

But, like all good things, it ended just as soon as it had started.

I slowed my pace and trotted through the clearing. Squirrels and chipmunks darted up into trees and birds chirped above me as the sun began to rise over the mountains. Clumps of grass were sprouting through the bedding of dried pine needles and pine cones that jabbed underfoot. The urge to kill had long subsided by the time the sun rose into the sky, leaving a red orange hue on the earth below it. Woodland creatures seemed to gather around and appreciate the beauty of the sky, their chirps, scratches, and squeaks thundered in my head and thoughts.

Mate would have liked to see this, Damien recognized the beauty of the sky along with me.

Have more hope, she will see this. When we get her back this will the one of the first things we do. I promised; to myself or him I know not. Maybe I was promising her.

My human moved around and his fidgety spirit was off-putting. What? I asked while he turned around and finally sat cross-legged. He shrugged, We should get back soon. The pack needed to be lead

What route are they going today?

Southeast and up the mountain to the plateau.

I decided not to leave, the Beta could lead the run. After this I would shift back and travel to Nevada to Harvest Moon territory to speak with mates sister and brother-in-law. It would take a while to get there, I knew and Damien understood my need to breathe. Being stuck in his body was like being in a cage; isolated from other wolves and the beautiful nature of the forest.

I trotted back under the tape and back on the trail to the car. My human was pining for the female as I had and he was getting very impatient with the leisurely way I moved. I began to run again, I had his impatience now and I wanted to find her.

★★★

Damien's POV (sorry for all the switches)

I uncurled from my fetal position on the grassy forest floor and began to dress again. I felt bad that Stone only had a limited time out and how he really needed it to get used to his modified body.

I looked up when I put my shirt on. The morning light was magnificent. The way the snowy caps of the mountains reflected the morning sun and the air smelt clean and new. Jillian would have loved it.

I opened the door of the car and slid into the leather seat. My phone sat in the tray under the radio and I checked it. Josie and Christian had called me multiple times. Before starting the car I called Josie back.

"Where are you?" She demanded after the second ring.

"Wow, you're so polite. I was in the Northwestern woods" I began to drive with my sister's voice in my ear, "I'm leaving right now"

"The run is in 20 minutes, you can't be late" My sister warned.

"I'm not going" I turned when I hit paved road toward the interstate.

"What? Why?" In the background I could hear movement and I knew that everyone was gathering in the kitchen before they started stretches.

"I'm going down to Harvest Moon, I have to talk to Jillian's sister. She might know how and why her dad was involved"

"Midnight Shadow wasn't the only pack in the rouges. Midnight Destines and Red Moon are close enough for that group to meet up"

"Where would they get Wolf's Bane if they didn't have pack access?" That stopped her up, "Tell Christian to lead the run for me, I should be home by late tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest"

"Why would Jillian's dad want to kidnap her?" Josie questioned further. She always had issues when it came to fathers, particularly ours. When we were younger she envied girls with dads so much that now she can't imagine a father who was abusive.

It wasn't my place to speak. If Jillian didn't tell Josie, I wouldn't. It was her information to tell and I wouldn't mess with that. "Trust me he has reasons. At the banquet we were acquainted with our fists"

"Yeah, Jillian told me about that. So he doesn't want Jillian with you?"

"I wish that was the case" I sighed and turned onto 84. Nevada was a good ways away and I settled in for a long drive. "What do you mean?" Josie was still curious.

"It's not my place" I explained.

"So it's like that" I could tell Josie nodded her head when she said that just based on her tone. "Be safe. I'll get Christian to lead, Oli just came and we gotta go."

"Bye baby sis- hold on"

"Wassup?"

"Love you"

"Love you too"

With that we hung up and I started my drive to Harvest Moon.

★★★
Seven and a half hours later

On the way I stopped for coffee and for gas twice. 'N Sync blared from the speakers and my boredom level was through the roof. It was 1:30 and I had nothing to do but drive and listen to 90's music.

"I wanna see you out that door, baby bye bye bye...."

Easton was a man of low self esteem. I knew that based on how he spoke. He was appointed Alpha because a Gamma killed the old one. Then he was deemed mateless by the Moon because he was well over 40 and had no mate. Some rumors went around that he didn't even shift into a wolf. I had also heard that he and my mother were a thing until my mom met my dad who was her mate and drama, drama, drama.

It would make sense for Easton to not like my dad. But my dad was dead so it didn't even matter anymore. Then he also had reason to hate me and my pack because he is all upset that a Gamma(not even an Alpha) had the capability to kill his Alpha. It showed that my pack was better trained and stronger than his. So was he trying to cut out my legs by taking the Luna so the pack would not reproduce?

Then there was Cross of Red Moon. Cross has a mate, Lois. He also has a pretty strong pack. Actually his pack was an off shoot of Crescent. My great-great- uncle was the founder of the pack. He was on my mom's side so the name Kinglsey stayed with us. Why would he have beef with me? I never hurt him, and neither did Jillian. Was he desperate to get ahead in the werewolf community? No, that wouldn't make sense, he didn't have a reason to.

You're in neutral territory. Stone hummed and cut my thoughts in half. Off the interstate bordering every territory there was a diner or small restaurant that indicated the neutral setting. Humans worked there and wolves went in to meet in secret.

I turned into 'Little Dee's Diner and American Grill'. I was a bit early so I sat in the car for a while. Harvest Moon Pack was a town-territory. Meaning the bulk of the territory was industrialized and human infested. Yet at the same time the pack house was set nicely in the desert away from everything. Werewolves try to stay out of city and urban areas. Humans resided there and the smell of them made many wolves actually sick to their stomachs. Plus we all were taught that humans did not like wolves at all. Whether or not they were werewolves or our furry friends who did not shift into humans.

Werewolves also were relatively easy to spot in a crowd of humans. We are usually taller and well built. Packs train daily so it would be strange if your body didn't bulk up. Although without smell many wolves would surprise me for not being human. Like Jillian for example. If I hadn't met her in wolf form and if I didn't have heightened senses I would have guessed her human.On the other hand, my sister held herself like a wolf and you could tell.

It made me happy that humans couldn't tell either way.

While I sat in the car like a stalker I watched all the people coming in and out of the diner during the lunch rush, I noticed the red pick up truck that parked next to me. I smiled when Alpha Sharpe came out. He and his mate went inside, I checked my watch and went in after them. It was 1:50, normally I hated meetings, but this one could not wait a second longer.

Walking into Little Dee's was like walking right into the 1950's. The red bar stools and checkered tile screamed retro. I had been in the restaurant many times when I needed to make secret alliances that would not be recorded or heard. "Welcome to Little Dee's!" the middle aged woman behind the counter waved at me and I nodded my head. Many people looked at me, I wasn't a regular in the small town, but it was more than that. About half the bodies in the restaurant were werewolf.

Nice, Stone showed his teeth in a humanistic effort of a smile.

I ignored them and slid into the booth with Sharpe and his Luna. Ruby looked furious which was understandable, "Good afternoon" Sharpe smiled at me while trying to calm Ruby by rubbing her back. "Hi" I looked at Ruby, "How-"

"Shut up" She snarled, "For your hide I hope this is a joke. I trusted you with my sister and if you can't keep her safe-"

"Ruby, he's looking for her right now." Sharpe looked at me apologetically, "What happened?" He and his mate allowed me a link into their mind. With all these people around we had to watch what we said out loud. And as not to look like crazy loons just staring off into space, we started a conversation about basically nothing while conducting one in our minds.

I explained all while being very wary of Ruby, she looked murderous. But after my explanation she softened just the tiniest bit. I told them about the rouges and the wolf's bane, I told them about the tracks that headed north and how the bodies all came from the same three packs, I explained the chapstick note and the theories.

"Wow, that skiing trip was intense" Ruby took hold of the tray of grilled cheeses and tomato soup we ordered. How do you know she didn't run away?

I had just finished telling them about the night before she was taken and Ruby was getting defensive. She would have died jumping from a third story window, "Yeah, that was the sorest I have ever been in years" I smiled and dipped my sandwich in the soup.

Okay, Easton is a mateless man, it wouldn't be far-fetched if he wanted her. You said she met him at the banquet, right?

She did, he was all touchy-feely and making her uncomfortable

I heard that Easton had private property away from his pack. Could your father and he be working together? Sharpe put his two cents in, "I had to take multiple ice baths just to barely relieve the pain"

Would he work with Easton if there was nothing in it for him? He seems anything but charitable. I speculated. It still baffled me why a man who beat his daughter would work so hard to capture her. I started to wonder if his motives were against me or against her. Why did he hit her? To get his aggression out, right? Did he need her back to beat up on, or to get at me for assaulting his pride?

Ruby took a deep breath, My father wanted Jillian to be the Alpha

I nearly choked on tomato soup. A female Alpha wasn't unheard of, in fact one of the most impressive packs was lead by a female. New Moon pack in the arctic, Alpha Fuller was extremely revered. But Jillian? She didn't even want to be Luna, how would she take this information. Did she know?

And yet she was the victim of his abuse. I snarled sardonically. The man accused her of being weak and made her weaker as if that would help. He made her hate and doubt herself to the point of anxiety and depression! And he wanted her to be Alpha... he never gave her the chance to do so, and yet he expected it of her like it was her duty to appease him.

I never said my dad made sense. Ruby looked outside angrily, seemingly fighting tears. "He made her hate herself and blame herself for everything...." she forgot to talk through the link and Sharpe ran his hand down her arm to calm her.

I nodded. Every time Jillian and I would go at it she apologized even when it wasn't her fault. When I freaked out after she wouldn't let me mark her? She said she was sorry. When I nearly lost it when she wore that dress to the banquet? She still asked for my forgiveness. She had no reason to be apologetic, but she was, all because of this man. I should have killed him then.

Why not your brother? Why wasn't he appointed? Stone interjected. Ruby jumped at the sound of a new voice, then she looked concerned.

You know of Devon? Did Jillian tell you about him? Ruby leaned forward as if to whisper secret information in my ear. Even Sharped looked baffled that I knew of this man.

No, I didn't even know she had a brother until a few days ago

Did he come to you or did you go to him?

He found me, why do you look so nervous? Am I not supposed to know who he is? A frown captivated the lower half of my face. I didn't want to be out of the loop.

No, it not that...Its just that...Jillian and her brother are at odds. Sharpe sat up and folded his hands on the table, He became rouge just before Jillian came to live with us. She called him a coward and that she would never talk or think of him again. Victor Sadem was anything but lenient also. Ever since then he wasn't brought up.

Was Jillian becoming Alpha a response to his departure? Becoming rouge was an extremely shameful way to be excommunicated from a pack.

No, it was why Dev left. He was embarrassed that the pack would go to the runt and not him, so he packed his bags and left for neutral territory. I thought he was dead or that he made a rag-tag-pack for himself. Ruby played with the discarded crusts on her plate, I noticed how she ran her hand over her stomach while she thought. She seemed to be soothing the baby from her own temper. Sharpe watched her lovingly and a creeping loneliness bared down on me.

I ran my hand through my hair. I was done waiting and thinking, Jillian was out there being hurt, she needed to be safe again. Where is that private property that Easton owns? Both Sadem and Easton have reason to take Jillian. And Sadem is out of his territory. They must be working together to get her, plus they both want revenge on me.

What of Cross? One of Sharpe's eyebrows rose with curiosity.

You know why he hosts those banquets in his territory. He must want to be recognized by other packs as strong and prosperous.

So you're just gonna go? Ruby looked at me while I stood.

"I'm not wasting anymore time" I took my wallet from my pocket and pulled out a fifty, "Let the waitress have the rest as a tip." I pulled on my jacket and left.

★★★

Hours Later at Crescent Moon

When I got home Oliver looked frantic with excitement, "We found her! We found her, Alpha!" He pulled me into the pack house. "At Easton's private property?" I stumbled in after him, he continued to pull me along, "Yes! The tracks lead right to it and everything points in that direction" Oliver took me into the Meeting Room, "Kurtis and Christian woke everyone up and we were waiting for you to make the announcement."

Stone nearly peed himself, he howled and bounced around.

"Wait!" I halted, "Devon. What about him?"

Oliver turned, "He's in there, we can't waste a single second, Kinglsey. Come on!" I promised to deal with him later, maybe with Jillian present. She was the main priority for now. I was shoved onto the stage and I looked in the eyes of every single pack member. It was late in the night and domesticated werewolves tended to turn in early. Everyone was in their pajamas with tired, but excited looks on their faces. They were whispering amongst themselves until I entered. They silenced in respect. My smile widened.

"We are gathered today to reclaim our Luna"

Author's Note:

Yes! Finally!!!!

Oh my gosh you guys, they found her!

Who was starting to get impatient?

On all these chapters people were asking me to let them get back together. What kind of horrible person do you thing I am? I would defiantly bring her back! Contrary to popular belief, most writers like relatively happy endings.

Now you can rest easy. Thank you sooooo much for your support and kind, positive help with this book. It is my very first story that I ever even got this close to completing and it makes me so happy to do so. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting.

Thanks again, and much love

-Deanna

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

406K 11.1K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
552K 13.6K 33
After being forced to live her life on the run, living the life of a rouge, Amelia discovers her mate is the Alpha of the second strongest pack in th...
645K 21.4K 37
*** I have published the first part of the rewrite, it is on my profile. Please give it a read unless you want to read this version...which is trash...
1.7K 66 18
"I, Damon Blake, of the Midnight pack hereby reject you, Alyssa Silverson, of the Crescent moon pack as my mate. May we never cross paths in this lif...