Embers

Από SamanthaHeart9

In a land where the different are persecuted and the feeling of safety under a corrupt government is felt by... Περισσότερα

Prologue

98 9 7
Από SamanthaHeart9

The sky that was normally a bright blue was a dark grey as water fell from the clouds that blocked the sun, assaulting the rolling hills covered with an assortment of flowers of different colours. On the highest hill laid a cabin, made from three different types of wood, with a gray roof that towered into the normally bright sky that could bring a smile to anyone's face. Yet just like the outside the inside wasn't entirely grand but warm and inviting to those who visited and lived in it. And in this remote location in this tiny house, a man and woman lived poorly but happy. The man, though small and plain, was humble, kind, and strong. A man that loved his family more than what money could buy. 

However, when compared to looks, the woman was different. The woman resembled that of a white lily that shined like the moon and bathed in star dust. But in her sapphire eyes was the reflection of a beautiful heart. The reflection of never ending patience, strength, kindness, and love. Though different they were the same and they loved each other dearly. No matter the lack of food, money, or beautiful clothes. Even if their home was gone, destroyed beyond compare, they would not care. 

For their home was in each other's arms. 

And so, as the years went by, they scrapped by. But the man who knew how average and plain he was knew that she would never betray him, even though he had doubts that such a beauty could still remain his. For many a man that had caught a glimpse of a woman throughout the years had promised jewellery made of the finest gold, clothing made with the finest silk, and gems of the highest quality in order for her hand. yet every time the woman was promised things beyond her reach she had always turned them down. 

After another man that had promised these things to her left their humble abode one day he had asked her something that had been bothering him. 

"You do not want jewellery made of gold or clothes and gems of the finest quality. And neither do I. But even though we are poor I cannot help but think myself guilty for not getting you something or making something that shows that I love you. I cannot even get us cheap rings," 

The man looked down at her ring finger sadly. 

"I love you and I wish to get you something that you want with all your heart. Be it beautiful jewellery or cloth that shimmers with every movement and shines in the sun. My love, you have never asked for anything I cannot provide and I am grateful. But It is okay to want things you do not. So I beseech you, my love, what do you want?" 

The man took in his wife that wore rags that had not been cleaned for weeks and too big for her small frame. However, the woman that had heard the sadness and guiltiness in his voice for these silly things made her laugh. Smiling she had turned around to face the love of her life. 

"Darling, I do not want things of beauty made by human hands. And neither do I want gems that the earth had grown and held in her bosom for so long. For there is something more priceless than those things and I have already found it," The woman stated. 

At his confused look, the woman only laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, peering up at him with happiness and love that would never run out. 

"It is love. For love is the most precious thing of all. And I have found it in you. Your smile is like a sunshine and your laugh like a warm embrace. Loving you, living with you is the only thing I could ever ask for," 

The man's eyes twinkled like a gem in the sun as he peered down at her, love filling his heart. Breaking into a smile the man lifted up his wife and spun her around their small living room and into their bedroom. Beautiful laughter lit up the room as they peered at each other with smiles that came from their child-like hearts. 

"Oh, how I love you, my beautiful wife! May you please grace your beauty upon this humble soul!" He boomed with a smile. 

Falling onto the bed in a fit of giggles the woman stroked the side of the man's face that towered over her. It reminded her of a shield that would protect her from the most violent storms. Giving the man a peck on the lips once again her heart fluttered with happiness and love. But there was indeed something she wanted. Something that she had wanted for the last 2 years and something only he could give her. Placing both of her hands on both sides of his face she peered up at him with a nervous smile. 

Noticing this immediately the man became worried and tried to soothe his wife. However, that only made her laugh but did not erase the nervousness that graced her face and eyes. Confused at the sudden change he peered down at her worried. For what would cause this beautiful creature such nervousness? 

"What troubles you, my love?" 

Sighing with a smile, she peered into his eyes. 

"There is indeed something I want but I'm not too sure that you want the same," She stated. 

Seeing her emotions conflict in her eyes he gently grasped her hand and kissed the back of it while peering into her lovely sapphire eyes. 

"My love, whatever you wish for I will get you without fail. If you want the finest silk I will travel with nothing but the clothes on my back and walk across the burning sand of the desert to get what you seek. If you want a star than by god I will go beyond the clouds and walk across the heavens to get you that star. My love, whatever you want I will get you," He spoke gently but reassuringly. 

Her eyes twinkled with merriment as she laughed at the absurdness of his words but did not doubt them nonetheless. 

"I'm afraid it's nothing too extreme," She laughed. 

Happy that her nervousness was gone he placed his lips upon her forehead in a loving gesture. 

"Then what is it you want?" 

Taking a deep breath she built up her confidence. 

"I want a child," 

A silence stretched the two before the man's shocked face transformed into happiness. At this, the woman smiled, for right then she knew that what she wanted was something the love of her life wanted as well. Kissing her roughly on the lips with happiness the man laughed in joy. 

"Now that is something I will be glad to give you," He laughed, winking. 

Her laugh echoed throughout their bedroom as their once childish happy atmosphere turned heated. And so for years they had tried only to come up every time. But not matter how many failed attempts they had it did nothing to deter them of a having a bundle of joy that would be their son or daughter. However, unexpected news had come their way. News that held the heavy feelings of sadness. 

The woman could not give birth to a child. 

The kind woman that was loved so dearly by her husband and the town wept and grieved. A once happy face that was filled with warmth and happiness was covered in tears and sadness. And the man, so grief-stricken at the sadness of his wife that would not go away, he had tried his best to console her. He gave her gifts that left his with hands sore and bleeding along with silk clothing he had gotten by pushing himself too hard. He even did and said the silliest thing to relieve his love of the grief that plagued her heart. And every time he did it made her forget. 

Yet, years went by but the woman was never able to truly erase the rock weighing down her heart. However, on this rainy day, a precious gift was given to them by the gods. 

A gift that was a precious bundle of joy. 

As the rain assaulted the house and everything around it the man and woman slept heavily but peacefully. But outside a lone figure had placed her precious child wrapped in a bundle of blankets laying in a basket on their doorstep. Underneath the hood of the woman's red cape, the woman's hidden face displayed an expression of anguish and sadness. 

Sadness at not being able to see her precious child ever again. 

Anguish at leaving her child. 

With a conflicted heart any mother would have for her child in these circumstances she unhooked the necklace, a sign of her races heritage, around her neck and gently laid it in the basket. Even though she could not be there for him her treasured necklace would serve as a reminder of her. Looking upon her child one last time she placed a tender loving kiss on the child's forehead before standing and walking away. Behind her the sleeping child roused in the basket, wondering where the warmth of his loving mother had disappeared to. So the child had opened his eyes only to be met with the underside of a roof unfamiliar to him and all alone. 

This was not his home

And his mother was nowhere to be found

So, the child began to cry. He cried for the mother he would never see again and cried for the home that belonged in his mother's arms. The woman saddened at leaving her child heard his cries and began to weep. For her heart, to the woman, felt like it was being wrenched apart. However, the woman did not stop and take another look. 

She ran

Ran like the devil was on her heels because even though the cries of her child crippled her inside she could hear the flapping of wings belonging to those who would kill her and her child. And so, the child's mother disappeared. But the child did not stop crying out. No, the child only cried harder until his throat started to burn. Inside the house, the man and woman were roused from their sleep by the cries. 

The man and woman, both still out if it and vision hazy, wondered what was loud enough to wake them from their sleep. 

That was when they once again heard the cries. 

Recognizing the cries the woman had rushed from the room and to the door. And as the woman opened the door she peered down at the wrapped child in the basket. Shock soon rendered her where she stood before a smile soon graced her face. With gentle hands, she had picked up the child with care and hugged him tenderly to her chest. The child, once again wrapped in warmth so similar to his mothers, stopped crying and gazed up at the woman with otherworldly eyes. 

The man that had still been left half asleep in their bedroom came up behind the woman, wondering why she stood at the door when no one was there. However, before the confused man could ask the question she had turned around with the most sunniest smile he had seen in 7 years after the news. It was the smile that he had missed so dearly. Rushing to his wife in a fit of happiness he wrapped her in a hug from behind in a warming embrace. That was when he had seen the precious bundle of joy that she hugged to her bosom with the tender love of a mother. 

Surprised and shocked at the sight his eyes flickered to the child then to the basket where a beautiful necklace and note lay. Upon seeing the beautiful jewelry he had once again looked at the child. 

Why would someone leave their child? Let alone someone of high importance. 

Though he thought this, with just one look at his wife he pushed it to the back of his mind. Her happiness meant the world to him more than anything. The child that was gazing up at the woman smiled and reached out his short arms for her. Seeing this the woman's heart swelled and she turned to the love of her life. 

"I want to raise this child," she stated. 

And her husband did nothing to refuse her. Her arms wrapped around the child so lovingly that he knew she would never give him up. No matter what anyone said, even him. With a calm heart, he picked up the basket and looked at the child once again. Beautiful otherworldly eyes stared back at him and the child giggled in glee. 

At this, the man could feel the beginnings of love swell in his heart and hugged the woman to his side. Both the man and woman's hearts had already been captured by the child who seemed to glow with light in that thick blue blanket. And so captured by that child they were they had taken the precious child into their home and forever into their life with loving arms. 

However, they did not know that precious child was more important than they ever thought he would be. 

For the child the couple loved was the beginning of a new age. 

A new era 

And the flames of change

Ps: Please tell me if I have any spelling, grammar, etc mistakes throughout this story, the prologue included. It makes me so frustrated to read my own story and go, "what the world?" lol. ^^ The pic at the top is what the couples house looks like. Basically, just imagine that house on a hill covered in a sea of flowers. ^^ I couldn't find a picture that resembled what I imagined. But thanks for reading this and please vote and or comment below. Feedback on this is extremely appreciated. Also, if the way the prologue jumped back and forth confused you please tell me and I will explain to the best of my ability. By the way, don't exactly know If I'll continue this at the moment or not since I'm working on my other story. So this might be put off for a bit but I hope to get back to it soon. ^^

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

166K 4K 57
After your defeat, sonic decided to spare you.You became something of a anti-hero like shadow and help them on their adventures.The mad doctor now ha...
101K 2.2K 27
Jujutsu Kaisen Gojo reader is in the world of FairyTail. Starting at the conclusion of the Phantom Guild Arc what kind of mischief will we see with o...
178K 5.3K 103
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
21.9K 898 27
"You're bleeding and upset. What happened?" "Nothing is wrong. Go away, Jace." She answered. "Bullshit, what's wrong? Did someone do something to yo...