Becoming Us

By jenuinex

In which a girl forgot her favorite pen at school and a boy who was dared to do the most outrageous thing end... More

Becoming Us
Chapter One

Chapter Two

35 6 2
By jenuinex

/ A.N. I apologize in advance for the very very late delayed chapter, haha. /

"Alright, so what do I do? Do I go in casually or try to sneak in?" I contemplate for a while trying to think of every possible event that could happen.

"Maybe if I-" I was sitting in the front of our school on the concrete stairs, probably not the best idea.

"Why hello Miss Adeline." One of my mother's friends greets me, I believe her name is Joy?

"Oh um, hi." I smile and scratch the back of my neck. It's some form of habit I've adapted over the course of the years when I get nervous.

Even if she said my name incorrectly, I couldn't actually bother to correct her because I feel like I'd mess up my own name.

Joy was one of my mom's friends who would come often by our house and drink tea or coffee with my mom. They would talk about how they could improve my mother's writing skills for either some magazine or a few books of her own. I enjoyed listening to them talk and talk about interesting twists and turns, or them simply talking about something new on the news papers.

The thing is I would listen to them from behind a wall or behind the door because I didn't want to bother them. And even though they've invited me or told me countless times to join them, I always passed up the offer or made up some excuse.

"What are you doing here, sweetheart?" She gives me a sweet smile, waiting for a response.

"Oh- uh-"

"Are you looking for your mother?" She questions while she takes a seat next to me.

I quickly stand up and cough. "Um no. I was just walking home from my friends house." I try my hardest to smile and ended up giving her one of my awkward weird smiles.

She makes an o shape with her lips and nods, "Oh alrighty then! Would you like me to give you a ride?" She kindly offers.

I shake my head no, "uh no thanks. Thank you for offering but I'm fine walking alone."

She nods and smiles, "Alright Adeline, now you be careful out there! You never know what could happen. And tell your mother I said hello and to call me! Thanks!" She stood up and walked away.

As she enters the building I say "It's Adalyn." I sigh and try to figure out a plan to get it.

It was pretty obvious what I could do, walk through the front door. But that's too easy and obvious. I would get caught instantly.

I decide it's probably best if I walk around the school building and figure out a way in.

"There so many ways to get it! But dammit, what do I do? What do I chose?" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration as I walked towards the back of the building.

"Just do it man! Don't be such a pussy!" I heard a voice in the distant. The voice had caught me a bit off guard and startled me.

I see about three figures in the distant.

"Alright! Hold on Michael. Always pushing my buttons!" Someone else says.

"Maybe I wouldn't need to push your buttons if you'd hurry up! Keep in mind this was your idea." The same voice from earlier spoke, Michael was it?

What were they going on about?

Why do you care? Go back to your mission you little rat.

Sometimes I really dislike my subconscious.

"I know it was my idea, but things take time and if you keep annoying me, I will literally throw all your precious little Pokemon belongings into the trash." One of them says, obviously irritated.

"You wouldn't dare." Michael said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah? Try me." The same voice said.

I shook my head and laughed a bit. From the corner of my eye, I see a window that's open. I look around to see if there's anyone nearby, once I see that the coast is clear, I begin to climb towards the window.

As I climbed, I slipped and fell.

Nice going you noob. The window was literally two feet high!

I get back on my feet, dust my clothing and make another attempt to climb to the window. Fortunately, I actually make it inside.

It didn't take me too long to realize that I was in the boy's bathroom.

Oh man.

I quickly stand up and rush out of the bathroom.

Now, for future references when I get asked what's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me, I'll make sure to not mention this.

"Okay. Where to go now?" I stand outside the boy's bathroom and ponder.

I hear footsteps walking towards my direction. Quickly, I run to a nearby staircase leading to the second floor and go up the stairs as fast as I could. Without getting caught, of course.

As soon as I hit the second floor, I stop to catch my breath.

"Man, I should really start working out. I literally feel as if I just ran a marathon barefooted."

I walk over to a water fountain not too far to drink some water. Afterwards I look around the hall and admire how nice it looked. The walls were a minty color with some blue and purple designs.

"It's really pretty, I wonder how long it took them to do this."

"Probably long enough." A voice said a few feet behind me.

I jump a bit and slowly turn around.

"Oh, uh." It was pretty dark in the hallway, the only light that was available to us was downstairs in the main floor and the light from the moon. Because of that, I couldn't exactly make out who it was.

What if it's some psycho trying to get you alone and kill you?!

"Sorry for startling you, I didn't mean to." He says scratching his head.

"Um- it's alright?" I confusingly say and soon realize how stupid I must have sounded.

"So what are you doing here?" He questions.

"No reason." I say nervously. My eyes hit the floor, avoiding the intense and awkward eye contact.

"You sure about that?" He asked while trying to get my attention.

"Yeah um hey? I got to go, bye." I quickly wave and walk away in the opposite direction quickly.

"Wait! You didn't tell me who you were!" I heard him in the distance while I take a right turn leading to my first period class.

Chemistry.

I hurriedly open the door, afraid that he would maybe have followed me and now is trying to get information out of me.

I shook my head at the idiotic thought and decided to start searching around the room. I first checked by where I usually sit and find nothing. Then, I checked by where the teacher sits and still nothing. Afterwards I check and check and kept checking around the room until I took a seat and sighed. Still nothing. Although, that didn't make me lose hope. I literally had about five more rooms to check.

What I'm thankful about my school is that they leave the doors open at night in case maintains needs to fix something or the janitors have to finish cleaning the room. I never really understood why they couldn't simply just lock the door when they were done, but now I see how useful and a pretty good idea it is.

I mean, it's physically and emotionally helping me, so I'll take what I can get.

Just as I'm about to take a seat on one of the tables, there's a knock on the door and it was the same guy from earlier.

He opens the door and pokes his head in.

"Hey strawberry cake." He smiles.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

"Um what?" I ask bluntly.

"Well I don't know your name so you'll go by my nicknames." He continues to smile.

He then walks through the door and walks over to a seat close by. "So are you going to tell me now what you're doing here?"

I haven't noticed his accent. It's actually pretty vivid and evident. How could I have possibly missed it?

"Are you from America?" Really. "I mean- wait, uh. Where does your accent come from?"

I sounded so stupid, I literally felt my cheeks burning hot from the embarrassment I just encountered.

He chuckles, "You doing alright, hun?"

I nod.

"Well, it's alright, I understood what you meant. But I'm Australian." He smiles. "Actually, there's a lot about me to talk about and I could go on for days and days! But tell me about you."

He really wants to get to know me. I don't whether to be flattered or afraid.

"I'm a girl. I think." I stop for a second and realize that another stupid thing escaped my mouth.

"You think?" He laughs.

"I mean- I am. I- Sorry?"

"Don't apologize." His facial expressions go blank for a quick and return to normal.

"Oh, sor- I mean- I should go." I get off of the table and exit the room.

I don't understand why he keeps insisting on talking to me and getting to know me. There's nothing to know, really. I'm just a boring old clumsy oblivious girl.

I shake my head and walk towards my second period class to find my pen.

Better hope and luck in this room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
199K 19.2K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...