~The Maiden in Red~{Black But...

By HippieWolfQueen

After ridding of Angela/Ashe, the Angel of Massacre, London starts with a new beginning. Ciel returns and se... More

Ch. 1 ~His Maiden, Returns~
Ch. 2 ~His Maiden, in Search of the White Deer~
Ch. 3 ~His Maiden, and the Photograph Burning Case~
Ch. 4 ~His Maiden, Suspicious~
Ch. 5 ~His Maiden, on the Terrorized Express~
Ch. 7 ~His Maiden, Saves the Ball~
Ch. 8 ~His Maiden, Desired~
Ch. 9 ~His Maiden, Came to Be~
Ch. 10 ~His Maiden, Different~
Ch. 11 ~His Maiden, Remembered~
Ch. 12 ~His Maiden, Overwhelmed~
Ch. 13 ~His Maiden, Despairing~
Ch. 14 ~His Maiden, Trapped in a Spider's Web~
Ch. 15 ~His Maiden, Caged~
Ch. 16 ~His Maiden, Vanishes~
Ch. 17 ~His Maiden, in the Labyrinth~
Ch. 18 ~His Maiden, Not Alone~
Ch. 19 ~His Maiden, Leaves~
~Author's Interview~
~The Story Thus Far: Narration from Tanaka~

Ch. 6 ~His Maiden, at the Trancy Ball~

6.6K 163 42
By HippieWolfQueen

The gray kitten meowed in Mystery's arms as she carried him. She was in the mansion and near Sebastian's room. She knew Sebastian was out doing errands and entered his room. The room was like any other room, but the curtains were always shut. The sunset's light was seen between the little spaces of the curtains. Mystery carried the kitten and opened Sebastian's closet. Inside, a few cats and kittens were meowing, purring, or just sitting there looking up at Mystery. Sebastian had recently told her his secret of having a closet full of cats, however Mystery had a feeling he would do something like this. Mystery placed the kitten down with the others as they played with their yarn ball. 

 "Now, don't go running off again. You would worry a certain someone," Mystery said to them smiling while mentioning Sebastian. Mystery stood up and lightly closed Sebastian's closet and looked through the curtains. It was sunset, and Mystery was going to meet up with Sebastian soon. She then quietly left his room and headed towards hers waiting for Sebastian.

 The night went quickly and Sebastian had just finished putting Ciel to bed. Tomorrow was the day of visiting the Lord Trancy and Ciel and Sebastian were serious about this. Sebastian walked down the dark hallways while holding a lit candle. He made it to Mystery's room and entered without knocking. He saw the moon lit a little of the room and he placed the candle down the dresser as he saw her. She was half laying down and sitting up, with her head resting in her arms and she gazed out into the night. Not only that, but she wore a white silky nightgown that reached her knees and the straps were skinny. Mystery then looked and saw Sebastian had came.

 "Sebastian.." Mystery almost whispered. Sebastian smiled and walked to her. As he walked, he pulled his gloves off with his teeth and caressed the side of her cheek. Mystery closed her eyes in content. "Good evening, my lovely maiden." Sebastian cooed as he leaned over her and kissed her other cheek. "Sebastian, he still doesn't know does he?" Mystery asked and Sebastian stared into her eyes as their faces were close. "No, he doesn't. It would be difficult if you told him though," Sebastian says. "I know, but Ciel is my brother. Part of me believes he'll forgive me for what I've done, but then the other part believes he'll be disgusted and punish you. Or maybe..." Mystery trailed off. "I'm certain he won't banish me, Mystery. Even if he did, I would still secretly visit, just to be with you" Sebastian said and Mystery lightly blushed and smiled small. 

 They didn't exchange words for a minute, but the love and heat they had grew little by little. Sebastian kneeled down stroked Mystery's bare, soft, legs. His hand had further up to her thigh then going back down. As he caressed her legs, he leaned and lightly kissed around her knee area and a little more upwards on her thigh. Sebastian had waited to do this for quite a while. Mystery kept getting tingles as Sebastian touched her. Sebastian wanted to show her that he would protect her, love her, even die for her. He was showing his actions because he remembered on the train... that other butler was there, staring at Mystery. The butler, Claude, even spoke about her and that caused Sebastian to worry. 

 Soon his love then mixed with want and possession and he carried Mystery and placed her on her bed. She laid there with her spread out and one of her straps lowered down from her shoulder. Sebastian had his jacket and vest off, and his tie was undone along with the first few of his buttons. He was on top of her and Mystery still blushed. Sebastian's eyes glowed and he began to kiss and suck on her neck. Mystery lightly moaned when he found her weak spot. As he did that, his hand trailed over her body and lightly rubbed her breast, making Mystery lightly gasp. Sebastian continued his actions but then Mystery had hesitation through her. 

 She placed her hands on each side of his shoulders and gripped them. "Wait, Sebastian." she said and Sebastian obeyed and gazed down at her. "What is it?" he asked. Mystery looked down. "I'm just... Now is not the time. With Ciel losing part of his memories and not knowing our secret... There's just so much going on..." she said softly. Sebastian smiled and grabbed her hand from his shoulder and pecked her palm then placed it against his cheek. "I understand, Mystery. And I also know you're not ready since it is your first time." Sebastian said making Mystery looked away embaressed. "Besides," Sebastian continued as he moved more of Mystery's hair and revealed a bite mark on her neck. A mating mark. "We have enough time for it to happen" Sebastian smiled down at her and then rubbed his nose against hers. Mystery smiled and snuck in a kiss from him and he kissed back. The rest of the night they snuggled while Sebastian laid his head against Mystery's neck and she ran her fingers through his soft hair.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The next day came quickly and the three servants drove the carriage to the Trancy estate. "Ball! We're going to a ball!" Finny said happily as he swayed from side to side. "I'm looking forward to it!" Mey-Rin said also excited. "Yeah, he's even letting us servants come as long as we wear costumes! Now that's a nice fellow for you. Hmm... what's his name again?" Bard said. "Trumpet?" "It's Lord Trancy, yes!" Mey-Rin corrected him. 

 Ciel, Mystery, and Sebastian were in the carriage and they were all serious and ready to face the Lord Trancy. "You say the previous Earl Trancy died three years ago?" Ciel asked. "Yes" Sebastian replied. Ciel then remembered back to when his mansion burned, his parents died, and the cult torturing him. All of that happened around the same time the last Earl Trancy died. "Alois went missing after he was kidnapped when he was very young. But he came back just before his father passed away. Along with a mysterious butler... Isn't that right?" Ciel says. "Yes. The story seems familiar somehow." Sebastian says. "It's a common one." Ciel only says and Sebastian stared at him. "And Mystery, you know what to do" Ciel said looking at his sister. She nodded. All she needed to do was to call her brother Master and act as if she wasn't his sister.

 They arrived at the Trancy manor and Sebastian opened the door for Ciel and Mystery. Mystery only wore her white dress and left her red cloak in the carriage so no one would know exactly who she was. "Right, then. We'll meet you later on," Bard said. "Look forward to seeing our costumes!" Finny said as Bard drove the carriage away to the back. Sebastian, Mystery, and Ciel looked up at the big manor and approached the front doors. Sebastian was about to knock but the door opened. They then faced the Trancy butler, Claude. Claude had a emotionless expression. "The Right Honorable Ciel Earl Phantomhive, I presume? We've been expecting you" Claude said as he bowed. 

 "I am Claude Faustus, the butler of this house." The three stayed quiet and stared at the butler. Claude moved to the side holding the door open. He bowed slightly and had his eyes shut, "Please come in." Sebastian stopped and looked above and Ciel and Mystery noticed. "What is it?" Ciel asked. "Ah, yes" Claude said as they all looked at a spider on its web in the corner of the door. "The Trancy coat of arms bears a spider, so it's our tradition not to kill them. This way, please." Claude says. Ciel and Sebastian walked in first and lastly Mystery entered. She passed Claude and soon after she passed him, Claude's nostrils flared as her scent caught his attention. Claude's eyes slightly opened as he looked at Mystery, but then broke away as he closed the door.

 Ciel stopped and his vision was getting blurry. He started to breathe a little heavier and started to sway until Mystery caught him. "Master Ciel, are you alright?" she asked. "Yes, I'm fine" Ciel said seeing his sister's worried expression. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid my master is currently away on business. He'll return in time for the ball" Claude says, "I've laid out tea in the drawing room. Everyone else is already there." "Everyone else?" Ciel questioned.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Claude had led them to the drawing room and then left to take care of other duties. Ciel, Sebastian, and Mystery entered the room as saw Elizabeth and her maid Paula, Lau and Ran Mao, even Prince Soma and Egni. "Ciel!" Elizabeth shouted as she tightly embraced him. "Elizabeth?!" Ciel said surprised. "Honestly, it's Lizzy!" she said and then she smiled more when she saw Mystery. "Mystery!" she said hugging Mystery. Mystery smiled and hugged back. "It's nice to see you again, Lizzy." "You're late, my Lord" Lau said while Ran Mao sat on his lap. "Lau? So you two were invited as well?" Ciel asked. "Which means..." "What is it?" Elizabeth asked. "Nothing. I thought Madame Red might be here too, but I don't see her," Ciel said and everyone had a look in their eyes and Elizabeth looked down sadly. "I'd thought she wouldn't miss this for the world..."

 "Ciel!" Prince Soma cried out as he hugged Ciel tightly with tears coming down his face. Everyone had worried faces as the Indian prince was going to lose his act. "Ciel! Ciel!" Prince Soma cried and Ciel didn't look satisfied. "Who in blazes are you?! Let me go!" "Y-You don't..." Prince Soma stuttered and he hugged Ciel more and continued to cry. "I told you, let me go!" Ciel said. "Is that.." Elizabeth said. "Yes, that is Prince Soma, my Lady" Sebastian whispered to her. "He'll ruin everything!" she whispered back. "Not to worry, my Lady. Prince Soma has him." 

 "You mustn't do that, Your Highness" Agni said prying the prince off of Ciel. "No! Ciel! Ciel!" the prince cried while waving his arms and legs. "Who is that?" Ciel asked. Agni and Sebastian exchanged a look and then nodded. "My apologies, my Lord. This is the 26th child of the king of Bengal, Prince Soma." Agni said. "And why would that prince start weeping the moment he saw me?" Ciel asked. "Ciel!" Prince Soma cried but Agni held him back. "His Highness is deeply moved at meeting the founder of the Funtom Company. Funtom toys are considered very rare and wonderful where we come from." "Our memories will never fade!" Prince Soma cried and then Agni blocked him from everyone's view. "These toys hold precious memories of the prince and his friend." "No matter what happens, the friendship between the two of us--" the prince said. "That friend was very dear to His Highness. But he... he... Oh, it's heartbreaking!" Agni said crying now. "My prince!" "Agni!" the two hugged as they sobbed.

 Everyone looked either amused or surprised. "Boc-chan, Mystery, let's retire to our rooms. We must prepare for the ball." Sebastian said as he led Mystery and Ciel out of the room. Even as they left they could still hear the sobbing and the prince crying Ciel's name.

 Ciel, Sebastian, and Mystery were being led by the butler triplets to their rooms. The triplets were silent as they walked their guests to their rooms. Ciel looked around and his vision got blurry again. Ciel then glared ahead of him and Sebastian and Mystery noticed Ciel's reaction. "Sebastian, search this mansion from top to bottom, understood?" Ciel ordered quietly. "Very well" Sebastian said as they all walked down more hallways. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Costumes were laid out on the bed in Alois's room. He looked through each one and looked disgusted with all of them. "Shit. And this is shit. This one is shit too!" Alois said angrily as he tossed them to the floor. Alois picked up a crown and examined it but then glared at it while Hannah stood there silently. "And this is the worst shit of all!" Alois shouted as he threw the crown at Hannah. She whimpered as it hit against her head and blood dripped down her head. Claude then came in.

 "Where is he?" Alois asked. "He has arrived" Claude said. Alois then picked a costume for Claude to wear but seeing Claude's expression, Alois frowned then glared. He threw the costume to the side, "All of these costumes are useless!" He then ordered Hannah to strip. Hannah frowned and did what she was told. She stripped one clothing at a time and now she stood naked except her undergarments. "I assume you're ready, Claude?" Alois asked looking at him. "Yes. I transform day into night, pleasure into pain, and waltzes into requiems. That's what makes a Trancy butler." Claude says. Alois smirked "I'll show you a good time, Ciel Phantomhive."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The ball had started and lots of guests arrived in their costumes. Some danced, talked, or ate and drank in the Great Hall. Ciel was dressed as a pirate, Elizabeth as an indian girl, Paula as an egyptian servant, Prince Soma as Sherlock Holmes, Agni as Watson- Sherlock Holmes' partner, and the three servants were dressed as the Three Musketeers of Chinese monsters. And Lau was an emperor while Ran Mao was his mistress. While everyone was having a good time the three servants knew someone was missing.

 "Master, where's Mystery? Isn't she dressing up and going to have fun with us?" Finny asked. Ciel shrugged. "Who knows? I don't know what she's doing." 

 Meanwhile, Sebastian was going through desk drawers in a bedroom and the door opened. "This is a marvelous room. Everything is perfect, from the precision of the bedclothes to the cleaning and even the desk drawers" Sebastian said as he turned to the door where Claude stood. "I'm even more impressed with the prompts you to stoop to petty thievery in service to your duty." Claude said and Sebastian smirked. "You flatter me." Sebastian then frowned as he walked forward until he was side by side with Claude. "I won't let you have my young master. I am his butler." Sebastian said. "The master's orders are absolute," Claude said while Sebastian narrowed his eyes at him.

 "The ball started a while ago and I happened to not see that girl you brought along with. Do I need to search for her?" Claude challenged and that only made Sebastian angry. "That girl already belongs to me. Not only will you keep your hands off my young master, you will also stay away from Mystery" Sebastian threatened. "Mystery... that is her name." Claude said to himself but Sebastian heard. "Keep in mind of what I said," Sebastian says as he walks out the door with Claude watching him leave...

 The three servants were causing trouble just like back at home at the mansion. They had tried helping out but only caused a mess. The triplets quickly replaced the rugs, the broken table with food, and caught all the dishes before they broke. The three servants looked at the triplets in awe and thanked them. Ciel only sighed at them at their foolishness. He looked around the room and Mystery was still nowhere to be seen, only causing worry to fill him. Someone bumped into him and wine spilled on his costume. "I'm so sorry" the person wearing Hannah's maid dress and a blonde wig said. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it" Ciel said but then gasped at the person in front of him. "No, it would be horrible if your costume stained. Come, this way" the person said in a girl voice and Ciel followed him.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The maid was fixing Ciel's coat and Ciel looked suspiciously at 'her.' "I'm finished" the person says as they give Ciel back his coat. Ciel saw there was still a stain there. Ciel was about to say something, but Alois grabbed his hand and stared at his blue ring. "A lovely blue. I wonder if your soul turns this color when you die?" "What?" Ciel asks. "That same color as your ring," Alois said while caressing Ciel's cheeks. "What are you on about?" Ciel asked annoyed. "I wonder... if I could become one with you, would I able to have this blue?" Alois asked then licked Ciel's ear and managed to pull off Ciel's eyepatch off. Ciel gasped and covered his eye then glared at the maid. 

 The person giggled while they ran off with Ciel's eyepatch. Ciel ran after them into the hallway but didn't see anyone. Ciel's surroundings twisted and blurred. Ciel winced as he held his head painfully. He then heard the maid giggle and saw them run around a corner and Ciel quickly followed. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "You think curry bread will bring Ciel's memories back?" Elizabeth asked as she looked at the nice refreshing bread. "Yes, that was my thought so I had Agni cook them in the kitchen" Prince Soma said. "We'll help!" Finny said confidently. "We want to show him lots of fun and get him to remember old times, yes!" Mey-Rin agreed. "Yup!" Bard said and everyone nodded. "It seems everyone feels the same" Agni said to his prince. Prince Soma smiled and then Lau chuckled a bit. But then Lau seemed clueless.

 "Wait, the earl has amnesia? Since when?" Lau asked and everyone did an anime fall. Everyone was aware that Ciel lost some of his memories and Lau was told also but he had forgotten. "Didn't Mystery lose her memory some time ago?" Lau asked. "Yes, but she regained them not too long ago. And now Ciel had lost some memories..." Elizabeth said sadly. "Hmm. Hey, do you think memory loss runs in the Phantomhive family?" Bard asked and the two servants thought about it.

 "I wonder where Ciel went..." Elizabeth muttered to herself.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Ciel opened the door to the kitchen and his surroundings were blurry then cleared up. Ciel had a feeling he recognized this mansion but shook his head at the thought. He walked and opened the door leading down to the basement. Ciel saw a faint image of Sebastian going down the steps and into the basement. "Sebastian?"

 "New Moon Drop..." Sebastian's voice echoed making Ciel hold his head in pain. "People say that tea leaves plucked on the light of the full moon have a clear, sweet smell, but these are the opposite: tea leaves plucked at new moon. They give off an indistinct scent..." 

 Ciel went down the stairs and looked around at the products on the shelves. Ciel stopped when he saw Sebastian's image. "It's otherwise known as the soul's temperature."  "Sebastian!" Ciel called out and ran to him but the image of Sebastian disappeared. Ciel then saw the New Moon Drop box and his vision blurred again. 

 "Not yet," Ciel heard Alois's voice say. "It's all right. I promise to show it to you. But first..." Ciel's vision got worse and he covered his mouth, feeling he was going to throw up. "Give me that trunk, Sebastian Michaelis!" Claude's voice said.

 Ciel swayed from side to side and knocked over some products and kneeled down on the floor as he threw up. Ciel coughed and breathed heavily as he wiped his mouth. He then carefully stood up and ran quickly out of the basement. He ran out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

 "Don't kill him! You mustn't kill him! Catch him, Claude!" Alois's voice shouted as Ciel ran faster and turned at a corner. "Ciel Phantomhive?" Ciel ran faster closer to the doors. "I finally have you, Ciel!" Ciel breathed heavily was now a feet away from the doors. "The Maiden in Red would also hate for him to be touched by the likes of you," Sebastian's voice says. Ciel slammed the doors open and he ran outside into the wooded area where all around him was night.

 Ciel breathed heavily as he leaned against a tree. "What's wrong?" the maid said as they approached. "Does it hurt? If it hurts, I'll lick it all better for you" Alois said as he licked his lips. "Enough of this. Enough of this, Alois Trancy!" Ciel glared. "So, were on to me. What a drag." Alois said as he took the wig off. "I thought if I let you get me alone, you'd make a move." Ciel said. "So you followed me on purpose?" Alois asked. "But.." Claude appeared beside him and then the triplets jumped down also beside him. Ciel smirked. "I can't have you underestimating me" Sebastian then stood beside him. 

 "My Boc-chan is quite right. I believe I warned you earlier, Claude." Sebastian says. "Oh, we just wanted to chat somewhere quiet" Alois said. "What could you possible want from me enough to hold a costume ball and dress yourself up that way?" Ciel asked. "I want you." Alois says. "What do you mean?" Ciel asked. "That I want you. That's all, Ciel Phantomhive. If you refuse me.... I'll have everyone in there killed." Sebastian looked down at Ciel, who said nothing. "I've arranged for a little performance. And if it begins, everyone dies. Including the people you care about." Alois smirked. Ciel only glared at him. 

 "I was told that you have a sister," Alois mentioned and Sebastian and Ciel narrowed their eyes. "Her life is also in danger if she's in my mansion. What will you do if she got killed?" It was silent between all of them. "Well?" Alois asked. "Do as you like," Ciel says surprising Alois. "Are you sure about that?" Alois asked. "Of course- if you can." Ciel says. "Don't get cocky just because your butler has little talent." Alois said as he held onto Claude. "My Claude here is even more amazing!" Alois challenged and stuck his tongue out with their contracted symbol on it. 

 "Yes, I thought you'd have one" Ciel muttered. "You understand our contract, Sebastian. You'll serve me, you'll protect me, and you will not kill me until my goal is achieved." Ciel says to Sebastian. "Of course. I've been your loyal servant ever since that day. I'll grant you any wish you like... Until the day our contract is fulfilled and I take your soul." Sebastian says as he smirks. 

 "Claude! Get me Ciel!" Alois ordered. "This is an order, Sebastian. Do whatever it takes to protect me. Do not fail." Ciel ordered and a breeze blew in making everything move. 

 "Yes, Your Highness."

 "Yes, my Lord."

 The triplets then ran towards them to attack and each of them had different tools to capture them or fight with. Sebastian quickly picked Ciel up in his arms and flipped over the triplets making them crash into each other. Sebastian sped off with Ciel. "After them!" Alois ordered. The triplets quickly ran to catch up to them and Claude and Alois began to follow. But the two were stopped. 

 Claude stopped running as he stared of who was blocking their path. "Claude! Why did you stop?!" Alois demanded and reached his side. Alois looked at what Claude was looking at. A girl wearing a red cloak with her hood up wearing a white dress underneath blocked their way where Sebastian and Ciel went. The breeze still blew through making the cloak flutter and her long black curls move slightly. She lifted her head a bit so they could see her face. Alois's eyes slightly widened.

 There was a quiet tension between them. Claude and Mystery's eyes locked. Mystery's eyes glared at the golden eyes that held desire in them. "Claude, who is she?" Alois asked still staring at the girl. "She is the Maiden in Red, otherwise known as the sister of Ciel Phantomhive. Her name is Mystery." Claude says. Alois lightly gasped and smiled excitedly and began to walk to her. Claude stopped him by outstretching his arm in front of Alois. Alois looked up at him questionably.

 "I apologize, master, but you must not get anymore near her." Claude said still locking eyes with the quiet girl. Alois glared. "And why not?" "Mystery is not what she appears to be," Claude says making Alois interested. "Technically, she is not human..." Claude continued as Alois looked back at her.

 Mystery's blue eyes still glared at Claude. Her blue eyes then glowed a pinkish color and her pupils were slit like a cat's eye. The two could now see her eyes perfectly in the night... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 96 10
Część dalsza mojego opowiadania ze starego konta @mone___ciarka 15-letnia Amelia przeprowadza się do Taty po śmierci swojej mamy . Jej sytuacja szybk...
339K 11K 50
Emma Swan is one of the most misbehaved students in Storybrook high, having been held back 2 years for not even trying. Due to her behaviour, when sh...
187K 7.9K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
203K 6.1K 27
She doesn't fit in, nobody notices her, and she's an outcast. She's not rich, she's not famous, she's just a normal girl, going to a rich person scho...