Doctor Who Quotes

By JarvisAndTheTardis

Quotes from Doctor Who (in case the title was unclear). All rights to the BBC. More

Doctor Who Quotes
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
demons run
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
50th Quotes
56
Farewell Eleven
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
Author's Note

best of nine

33.9K 1.3K 1.6K
By JarvisAndTheTardis

Doctor:  I bring you air form my lungs!
_________________________________________________________________________
Doctor:  Don't drop the banana!

Jack:  Why?

Doctor:  Good source of potassium!
_________________________________________________________________________
Doctor:  My nose has special powers.

Nancy:  Is that why it's so...

Doctor:  What?

Nancy:  Nothing.

Doctor:  What!

Nancy:  Do your ears have special powers too?
_________________________________________________________________________
Doctor:  I could save the world but loose you.
_________________________________________________________________________
Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?

The Doctor: I do!

Rose: Lights... [looks around]

Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and says "Ooh, this could be a little more sonic!"?

The Doctor: What, you've never been bored?

Rose: There's gotta be a light switch!

The Doctor: Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
 _________________________________________________________________________
Rose:  He [Jack] just dissapeared.  Why is it always the great looking ones that do that?

Doctor:  I'm making an effort not to be insulted.

Rose:  I meant men.

Doctor:  Thanks.  That really helped.
_________________________________________________________________________
Doctor:  Go to your room!  Go to your room!  I mean it!  I'm very very angry, I'm very very cross!  GO...TO...YOUR...ROOM!  (the empty child zombies hang their heads and shuffle away)  I'm really glad that worked.  Those would've been terrible last words!
_________________________________________________________________________
Doctor Hologram:  This is Emergency Program 1.  Rose, now listen, this is important.  If this message is activated then it can only mean one thing:  we must be in danger, and I mean fatal.  I'm dead, or about to die any second with no chance of escape-

Rose:  No! 

Doctor Hologram:  -and that's okay, hope it's a good death.  But I promise to look after you, and that's what I'm doing.  The Tardis is taking you home.

Rose:  I won't let you.  (runs up next to the hologram)

Doctor Hologram:  And I bet you're fussing and moaning now, typical.  But hold on and just listen a bit more.  The Tardis can never return for me.  Emergency Program 1 means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine.  So this is what you should do:  let the Tardis die.  Just let this old box gather dust.  No one can open it, no one will even notice it.  Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner.  And over the years the world will move on, and the box will be buried.  And if you want to remember me, you can do one thing, that's all, one thing.  (the Doctor's hologram turns his head to face Rose)  Have a good life.  Do that for me, Rose.  Have a fantastic life!

__________________________________________________________________

Dalek Emperor:  Are you a coward or a killer?

Doctor:  Coward, any day.

__________________________________________________________________

Rose: Who are you?

The Doctor: [turns around] Do you know like we were sayin'? About the Earth revolving? [walks towards Rose] It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standin' still. [looks at Rose] I can feel it. [takes Rose's hand] The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin' at 1,000 miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're fallin' through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... [lets go of Rose's hand] That's who I am.

___________________________________________________________________

Jackie: I'm in my dressing gown.

The Doctor: Yes, you are.

Jackie: There's a strange man in my bedroom.

The Doctor: Yes, there is.

Jackie: Well, anything could happen.

The Doctor: No. [He walks away]

_____________________________________________________________________

 Rose: Who are you, then? Who's that lot down there? [The Doctor ignores her] I said, who are they?!

The Doctor: They're made of plastic. Living plastic creatures. They're being controlled by a relay device on the roof. Which would be a great big problem if — [he pulls a bleeping bomb out of his coat] — I didn't have this. So I'm gonna go upstairs and blow it up. And I might well die in the process. But don't worry about me, no. You go home, go on! Go and have your lovely beans on toast. [suddenly serious] Don't tell anyone about this, 'cos if you do, you'll get them killed. [closes the door, then opens it again] I'm the Doctor, by the way. What's your name?

Rose: Rose.

The Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. [holds up the bomb, shaking it slightly while grinning.] Run for your life!

_____________________________________________________________________

Rose: If you are an alien, how come you sound like you're from the north?

The Doctor: Lots of planets have a north!

_____________________________________________________________________

Rose: My mum's here.

The Doctor: Oh, that's just what I need! Don't you dare make this place domestic!

Mickey Smith: You ruined my life, Doctor. [the Doctor turns and looks at him, irritated] They thought she was dead, I was a murder suspect because of you!

The Doctor: [looks at Rose] See what I mean? Domestic!

Mickey: I bet you don't even remember my name!

The Doctor: Ricky.

Mickey: It's Mickey!

The Doctor: No, it's Ricky.

Mickey: I think I know my own name!

The Doctor: You think you know your own name? How stupid are you?

______________________________________________________________ 

Mickey Smith: So, what're you doing down there?

The Doctor: [muffled, due to his holding the sonic screwdriver between his teeth] Ricky —

Mickey Smith: Mickey.

The Doctor: [takes the sonic screwdriver out of his mouth] Ricky, if I was to tell you what I was doing to the controls of my frankly magnificent timeship, would you even begin to understand?

_______________________________________________________________

The Doctor: Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?

______________________________________________________________

The Doctor: I think you'll find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise, and— [glances at military police leader] That's never gonna work, is it?

Policeman: [shakes his head] Nope.

The Doctor: Fair enough. [He runs away]

______________________________________________________________

 The Doctor: [digging through a bin of alien weapons] Broken... broken... hairdryer... [pulls a big gun out of the bin] Oh, yes! Lock and load!

______________________________________________________________

Mickey: [after the Doctor explains why the TARDIS resembles a Police Public Call Box] But that's what I meant: there's no police boxes anymore, so doesn't it get noticed?

The Doctor: Ricky, let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, what do they do? Walk past it. Now stop your nagging. Let's go and explore.

_____________________________________________________________

The Doctor: Hello, I've come to see the Lord Mayor.

Idris Hopper: Have you got an appointment?

The Doctor: No, just an old friend passing by, bit of a surprise. Can't wait to see her face!

Idris Hopper: Well, she's just having a cup of tea.

The Doctor: Just go in there and tell her "the Doctor" would like to see her.

Idris Hopper: Doctor who?

The Doctor: Just the Doctor. Tell her exactly that, "The Doctor".

Idris Hopper: Hang on a tic. [goes inside. There is the sound of a teacup smashing, and Idris returns.] The Lord Mayor says thank you f-for popping by. She'd love to have a chat, but, um, she's up to her eyes in paperwork. Perhaps you would like to make an appointment for next week...

The Doctor: [happily] She's climbing out the window, isn't she?

Idris Hopper: Yes, she is.

____________________________________________________________

Margaret Blaine: Why can't you leave me alone? What did I ever do to you?

The Doctor: You tried to kill me and destroy this entire planet.

Margaret Blaine: Apart from that.

___________________________________________________________

Dalek: We will speak to the Doctor.

The Doctor: Oh will you? That's nice. Hello!

Dalek: The Dalek stratagem nears completion. The fleet is almost ready. You will not intervene.

The Doctor: Oh, really? And why's that?

Dalek: We have your associate. You will obey or she will be exterminated!

The Doctor: No.

[The Daleks glance at each other in confusion.]

Dalek: Explain yourself.

The Doctor: I said no.

Dalek: What is the meaning of this negative?

The Doctor: It means no.

Dalek: But she will be destroyed!

The Doctor: No! 'Cause this is what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna rescue her! I'm gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I'm gonna save the Earth, and then, just to finish off, I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!

Dalek: But you have no weapons! No defenses! No plan!

The Doctor: Yeah! And doesn't that scare you to death? [speaking to Rose] Rose?

Rose: Yes, Doctor?

The Doctor: I'm coming to get you.

__________________________________________________________

The Doctor steps out of the TARDIS]

Daleks: Exterminate! Exterminate!

[They fire their weapons, none of which so much as touch the Doctor]

The Doctor: Is that it? Useless! Nul points! [to Rose and Jack] It's all right, you can come out; that forcefield can hold back anything!

Jack: Almost anything.

[pause]

The Doctor: Yes, but I wasn't going to tell them that, thanks.

_________________________________

The Doctor: [upon realising he is about to regenerate] Rose Tyler. I was going to take you to so many places. Barcelona! Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it, fantastic place! They've got dogs with no noses! [Laughs] Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke and it's still funny!

Rose: Then... why can't we go?

The Doctor: Maybe you will, and maybe I will. But not like this.

Rose: You're not making sense.

The Doctor: I might never make sense again! I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head, ha! And don't say that's an improvement... [suddenly serious] But it's a bit dodgy, this process. [pause] You never know what you're going to end up with--

[A burst of regenerative energy erupts from the Doctor's torso, making him gasp in pain]

Rose: Doctor!

The Doctor: Stay away!

Rose: Doctor, tell me what's going on—

The Doctor: I absorbed all the energy of the time vortex, and no one's meant to do that! [chuckles, but then looks up at her seriously] Every cell in my body's dying.

Rose: Can't you do something?

The Doctor: Yeah. I'm doing it now! Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death. Except... it means I'm going to change. And I'm not going to see you again... Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go—

Rose: Don't say that!

The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!

[They share one more smile, then the TARDIS lights up with energy as the Doctor regenerates into his tenth incarnation.]

The Tenth Doctor: Hello! Okay— [The Doctor pauses and swallows uncomfortably] New teeth. That's weird. So where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona! [Grins]

________________________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who sent in a quote!  Hope you enjoyed it!

@Pooge_173, @allonsy_aurora, @fanfic_writer9 @moolock @hugs_n_sparkles @SuperWhoLocked

If I missed you're name message me and I'll add it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 12.9K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
152K 15K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
3.5K 193 8
An ongoing work of compiling the music and meaning of the songs featured in The Marauders series.
4.1K 57 16
After the fight against Hippolyte, finally the Avengers get some rest. For Clint and Natasha that means working things out and regaining lost trust...