My Prom Date

By RideOneSOS

Aryn doesn't have a date to her prom. Not only that, but her best friend's ex boyfriend, Nathan, asks her. Of... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI

VII

114 4 3
By RideOneSOS

T: are you free from 4-7?

A: I might be able to squeeze you in.

T: Great, do you want me to pick you up or do you want to meet you there?

A: can you pick me up from the cafe we met at?

T: of course

A: wait where exactly are we going?
-----

Fame

The place he's taking me to is called fame.

Supposedly today is the day he is going to try on tuxes.

He texted me in the middle of biology.
My mom is going to take my car after Terrance picks me up from the cafe, so I have to tell her.

The one day I want to go home and sleep, my fake boyfriend needs me.

I look down at my shorts, flannel, T-shirt, and vans.

Oh Kay.
-----
I arrived at my moms cafe,
'The Little Tea Cup'.

I pulled in and realized it looked pretty busy.

I went inside and saw she had four people waiting in line, and bout five waiting for their drinks and her and her employee, Emily, were working their butt off trying to keep up and make the orders.

I quickly dropped my bag inside her office and put on an apron and went to the register.

"Hi, welcome to The Little Tea Cup, my name is Aryn, what can I get for you?"

"Can I get a medium spice latte with a pump of vanilla?"

"Of course. That will be $4.03." I said punching in the order.

I repeated this multiple times, finishing up here and was about to go help my mom and Em with the orders but I had one more.

"Hi, welcome to The Little Tea Cup, my name is Aryn what can I get for you?" I said looking down opening a new roll of quarters.

"Can I get a chocolate milkshake?"

I recognize the voice and instantly snap my head up and see a smiling Terrance.

I smile and laugh.

"No, you can't." I said

"Please." He says

"Fine," I say punching it in.

He extended his hand with a five dollar bill in it.

I shook my head and said, it's on the house.

I smiled and walked over to mom and Em and started on a drink that was next.

"Non-fat cinnamon soy latte for Lauren."

I started on the next.

"I have a large Arnold Palmer with strawberry, for Amanda"

"I have a large Chocolate Shake for the most annoying person in the world." I joked.

He laughed and walked up and rooming saying thanks and he'll wait until I'm ready.

"Wait! Terrance! I want you to meet my mom." I said.

"Now?" He said.

"Yeah, this is her place."

"But I look really bad." he said gesturing to his jeans, white tee and leather jacket.

"You look fine." I insisted.

"Mom! I want you to meet Terrance. My boyfriend." I said winking at her.

"Hi ma'am. It's nice to meet you." He said formally

"Oh don't call me ma'am, call me Delilah." She said.

"Well mom, we're going to go tux shopping for prom." I said.

"Okay dear, you have fun. I'll see you at home." She said smiling.

"Nice to meet you Ma- Delilah." He said nervous.

"You too dear"
*****
We got to the store and were greeted by a friendly face.

"Hello and welcome to Fame, my name is Brandon and I'll help you today." A guy probably on his early twenties approached us.

"Hey we need a tux for prom." Terrance said.

"Oh sure!" Brandon exclaimed as he clapped his hands. "Do you have the dress you're matching?"

"Uh yeah." Terrance said pulling out his phone and showing Brandon a picture.

He has a picture?

"I'm gonna need two tuxes." Terrance said.

"Oh, of course! Do you have another picture of the other one?" Brandon asked.

"Yup" he said looking down at my confused face.

He showed Brandon another picture.

"Oh girl you look fab in those dresses!" He praised me.

"Thanks." I said not knowing what to say.

"Well I have some ideas and I'll let you go sit while I get your room ready." Brandon said leading us to a few couches.

We sat down and he was on his phone

"What pictures did you show Brandon?"

He looked at me and showed me his phone screen.

It was me in the gold and white dress doing the twirl, I was smiling and looked happy.

I swiped and saw me in the blue dress, and I'm looking down at my dress and I have my dress fanned out.

I was about to ask when he took those when Brandon came in and announced he was ready for Terrance to try on some tuxes.
*****
We've been here for about an hour and Terrance was always coming out acting like a male model or dancing like an idiot.

"Honestly they all look the same" Terrance said.

"No they don't." I said laughing at some of the pictures he made me take of him with him doing stupid poses.

Brandon came in and asked how were doing.

"Well we can get you the same coat, and slacks, but just change the vest and tie. It's cheaper but basically the same thing." Brandon suggested.

"Yeah well do that." Terrance said.

He ended up picking a gold and silver set and we walked to the counter to pay.

I wanted to buy his tuxes.

"Hey babe, can you go and get those handkerchiefs that you think match these?" He asked me.

"Yea sure." I said and walked toward the handkerchiefs in the drawer.

I picked two and headed back.

I looked up and saw Terrance put his wallet away.

"Did you just-"

"Yes and no arguments" he said smirking.

I frowned.

"But I will let you buy me some ice cream." He smiled grabbing my hand.

*****

I handed him a rocky road cone and I had a mint chocolate chip cup.

It was like 5:45.

"Hey can we make a stop before I take you home?" He asks

"Yeah sure" I said taking another scoop of this chocolaty minty deliciousness.

We walked to his car which is beautiful by the way.

He had a black Jeep Rubicon with black rims.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, this is my dream car."

He looked down at me and smiled grabbing something from his back pocket.

"You wanna drive?" He asked.

"Really!" I jumped up and down.

"Yeah, you're a good driver right?" He asked jokingly.

I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, I wouldn't drive it unless I knew I was." I said.

I finished my ice cream and threw the cup away.

He tossed me the keys.

I climbed in because the lift was really big.

I also had to adjust the seat because he's a whole foot taller than me.

I put my seatbelt on and turned on the jeep.

I looked at Terrance with a huge grin on my face.

"You have to tell me where I'm going."

*****

"Pull in the driveway with the black gate." He said.

"Ok." I pulled in the driveway.

"Just park it next to the Mercedes."

I parked it and turned off the engine.

"That was awesome." I said.

He laughed "come on" he said.

I hopped off the jeep and we walked up to the door.

The double doors were glass and I saw a blue Doberman run up to the door.

Crap.

"Am I meeting your parents?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 97 36
Why was there a boy in my room? There was a boy in my room! "Shoo, shoo." I whacked him with the umbrella as he backed up next to the window. All...
76.8K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
170 0 11
Personally, I never saw myself as an optimistic person. I never really had any friends, I didn't share feelings for people, I never really had any so...
1M 17K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...