Tattooed Hearts

By acreativeblur

❝ darling, let me trace the lines on your tattooed heart ❞ ● ● ● 〚 highest ranking: #471 in romance 〛 〚 copyr... More

Introduction
Epigraph
Hangovers & Typical Days
Lunch & Tutoring
Spilled Drinks & Phone Numbers
Photography & Lasagna
Phone Calls & Holding Hands
Interviews & Invitations
Pizza & Pianos
Breakfast & Ladybugs
Torment & Pick Up Lines
Dressing Rooms & Misconceptions
Pillow Talk & Soccer Matches
First Performances & Slow Realizations
Halloween and Starry Nights
Cookies and Finger Paints
Aquariums & Breaking Points
New Additions & Big Ideas
Ice Cream Dates & Accepted Feelings
Secrets Revealed & Hallway Brawls
Humiliation & Heartbreaking Confessions
Proposals & Dazzling Performances
Taking Risks & Steps Forward
Mistletoe & Holiday Cheer
Emotional Mornings & Important Opportunities
Ice Skating & New Years Resolutions
Steady Rivalries & Date Nights In
Midnight Explorations & Truthful Stories
Formal Dates & Hidden Kisses
Family Feuds & Keeping Secrets
Soccer Stadiums & Close Encounters
Home Travels & Lake Days
Fatherly Figures & Photoshoot Adventures
Returns From The Past & Trusts Broken
Broken Relationships & Time Apart
Loneliness & Closed Doors
Unexpected Visits & Hospital Beds
Rainy Nights & Moving Forwards
New Beginnings & Graduation Speeches
Settled Disputes & Body Heat
Summer Dreams and Tattooed Hearts
Home Visits & One Word Answers
Epilogue
Thank You

Big News & Low Profile Talks

1.2K 55 6
By acreativeblur

❁ ❁ ❁

Can I just say that Grace looks absolutely, beyond adorable when she sleeps. Her lips natural curl up, forming a soft smile as she dreams, her arms resting next to her head.

I continued to sit next to her after placing a blanket on her to keep her warm, watching the movie as it silently plays out, keeping it on mute so let her sleep.

After I was convinced she was not going to wake up at a small amount of movement, I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. I have two texts waiting for me. One of from my mother.

Mom: Isaac! I know you're with Grace, but come home as soon as you are done. Big surprise waiting for you.

I wonder what she is talking about as I type a reply.

Isaac: Okay, what is it?

Mom: I'd rather you find out for yourself.

I text her back and "Ok" before reading the next message, which is sent from a number I don't have saved as a contact, but I know exactly who it is.

407-617-3377: Did you forget about tonight?

Isaac: Shit, sorry.

407-617-3377: What the hell are you doing right now?

Isaac: I'm with G. She fell asleep though.

407-617-3377: Well get your ass back home and give me a call.

I sigh, slipping my phone away and looking at Grace again. I tuck some strands of hair behind her ear, away from her face, unable to resist smiling at the girl that makes me happiest.

I slowly rise off of the couch, stretching my arms before putting my jacket back on. I take the popcorn
bowl, placing it in the dishwasher in her kitchen before sending Grace a quick message that she would see once she woke up.

I dim the lights for her and make my way out of the house, getting into my car and driving back to my house to see what my mom needs and give the number a ring.

As I pull into my driveway, I see Mia struggling to bring the trash can and the recycle bin up from the curb. I quickly park and hop out, grabbing the can to lighten her load.

"How was your day back?" I ask my little sister as we roll them up the driveway to the garage.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Normal, I guess. Fifth grade is hard stuff, man."

I let out a small laugh. "You're right. Hate to break it to you, but it's only gonna get harder. You and I missed out on the genius gene."

"Great."

"You can thank dad for that."

We reach the house and she pauses, placing the can in its place. "I miss him." She admits softly, sadness flooding her voice.

"Mimi," She turns, smiling just a little at the nickname I gave her when I was little. "I know things are hard right now, but we're better off without him."

"All the kids in class are talking about the father-daughter dance, though. Mom told me she would take me, but it's not the same." Mia's eyes start to gloss up.

I had a dad during my childhood to look up to. Of course, I tried my best to not turn out like him; I made sure to listen and respect my mom and how she raised me to be a gentleman. But Mia is having to grow up without one at all. I know it breaks her heart, after all daughters and dads are supposed to have that special connection.

"Hey," I nudge her with my elbow and she looks back up at me. "You may think I'm too lame or gross or stupid," I start and she chuckles. "But if you'd like Mia, I'll take you to the party."

Her small eyes light up. "Really?"

"Of course," I say and she wraps her arms around my waist, hugging me. "You know, I'll have to let Grace know she's not the only girl I'm accompanying to dances."

Mia laughs. "I wanna see Grace again. She is a lot cooler than you."

"Not even going to argue with that."

❁ ❁ ❁

"Just open it." My mom says, arms crossed in front of her. She sits across from me at our table, Mia next to her.

I look down at the letter staring back at me, my name and address nearly printed across the center. I gulp, a little embarrassed at how intimidating a piece of paper is.

My mom continues to edge me on until I finally give in and begin to slowly rip the seal, anticipation growing every second. I pull out the thick parchment, rattled by nerves. I unfold it, reading the typed letters out loud.

Isaac Ray Richards,

We are pleased to congratulate you on your acceptance to University of Illinois - Chicago for the study of law.

I can't even continue to read the rest. My mom takes the paper out of my hands, scanning it and speaking the last few words. "If you are interested in joining our program fall of 2017, please contact our acceptance social worker."

And then she screams, causing both Mia and I to cover our ears. I can't help the smile that quickly grow on my face.

"Mom, I got accepted!"

"You got accepted!"

"I got accepted!"

"Oh my god," I take the letter back from her, reading it with my own two eyes. "I made it! I can go to law school!"

"Let's hope you can get out of high school first." Mia chimes in.

I look up at my mom, and she says, "Go call Grace. I know you want to."

I nod head, standing up with excitement in my step. I was so sure I wouldn't get into such a highly ranked law school, but I did, and not only with the tuition be lower for being in-state, I can see my family more often.

I close my bedroom door, getting ready to ring Grace, but I stop before pressing the call button, remembering the texts I got earlier.

I redial, typing in the other number, letting it ring. I pin my letter to my bulletin board and take a seat on my bed, waiting for an answer.

The line picks up. "Isaac."

"Yeah. It's me." I respond, resting my back against the headboard.

She sighs. "It's about time you called. The messages won't stop coming through."

"Are you sure they are from him?" I ask, internally hoping the answer is no.

"I don't know who else they would be, besides Cassidy. But she knows you're gone," She pauses to think. "One message said they were in Chicago, that they're looking for you."

I remember Grace telling me someone was at the pizza place looking for me. I pick at a few loose strings on my pillow. "I hope this is all just a prank."

"Who would even want to prank you, Isaac?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "Robert, maybe. He never liked me anyway."

"You don't have to worry about it. That bridge was burned long ago." She assures me.

"Not if I end up seeing him again."

"So it's official? You're going back?" The voice questions.

"For only a little bit. Just to see how everyone is doing. Might bring Grace along."

"Grace," She says softly. Just her name makes me smile. "She seems lovely. I can't tell you how surprised I was to find out the first person I met here was your girlfriend."

I snicker. "Yeah, I was a little in shock too."

There's a quick moment of silence. "She seems to make you really happy. You deserve that, Isaac. It's been a while since I've seen you happy."

"I know," I agree. "I can truthfully say she is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I hear a light laugh from the other end of the line. "Amazing," She whispers. "Well, it's getting late. I best go."

"Okay."

"Goodnight."

"See you tomorrow, Braeden."

❁ ❁ ❁

Tada! Surprise! Looks like Braeden isn't such a new character after all XD What do you think her relation with Isaac is? Is she a trustworthy character? More to come soon. Xoxo

-Acreativeblur

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 3.2K 12
A 17 year old girl's family was killed and she was kidnapped. she used her whits to escape only to be found by the F.B.I., who requested her join the...
59.9K 2.9K 50
(A Mafia Daughter Spin off) To most people, it would seem that Javiera was just another nobody. At age 24, she had no family, no connections, no tale...
80.4K 1.5K 16
Hope returns home after spending two years in Australia. Although she is no longer the shy and innocent girl that she used to be. She is now 18 years...
1.2M 33.1K 43
~COMPLETED~ WARNING, THIS STORY DOES HAVE REFERENCES TO SEXUAL ABUSE; READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Have you ever wondered what it is like for your life...