Try me, Bones. (Gaster!Sans X...

By Silverhaunter

The only way to the top in this world, this world born of war, born of death, the only way of ascension? ...i... More

Prologue
~*~1~*~
~*~2~*~
~*~3~*~
~*~4~*~
~*~5~*~
~*~6~*~
~*~7~*~
~*~8~*~
~*~9~*~
~*~10~*~
~*~11~*~
~*~12~*~
~*~13~*~
~*~14~*~
~*~15~*~
~*~16~*~
~*~17~*~
~*~18~*~
~*~19~*~
~*~20~*~
~*~21~*~
*~*22*~*
*~*23*~*
~*~25~*~
~*~26~*~
~*~27~*~
~*~28~*~
~*~29*~*
Epilogue
Bonus

~*~24~*~

928 49 50
By Silverhaunter

So, I know the story is confusing right now (As a ton of people had pointed out and I KNOW THAT it's INTENTIONAL. You get to play 20 questions until the VERY ENDING in which you'll be like, OH MY GOD WOW REALLY??) , and really sad (Which I'm totally cool with because  I don't care if it's happy or sad I just want to write a good story that I'd enjoy reading, and you enjoy reading.)...

Also, I spelled Kaine's name differently from 'Caine' because there was some confusion with Cain from the bible or Cocaine, and so I just said to heck with it, and spelled it a different way.

It looks cool, you have to admit (well you don't have to, but I like it.)

>>>>PLEASE READ THIS THING FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES! IT'S ACTUALLY IMPORTANT!<<<<<<

Also, the book... might end soon. If all goes to plan... I think we've got... maybe till chapter 30?

And, yes, I was being a liar, I have most of it planned WAY ahead of time.

EXCEPT- SOME of the dialogue.

I usually think of a bunch of dialogue when I'm in bed or in the shower or something, when I'm NOT writing, and then I branch off of that.

Mostly for the speeches and emotional bits, really.

ALSO

It's not a continuous page-by-page story, I take time between parts so it's not FULLY smoothed-out, transition-wise.

Think of the chapters, not like a continual story, but like episodes of a show, piece by piece they make up a bigger picture.

A lot of you are thinking it's inconsistent, that there's plot holes or too many twists when... name... 10 major twists to the plot. In EACH part.

So, at each reset/continue part.

go on, do it.

THIS BE IMPORTANT, KEEP READING!!

And, What's wrong with twists?

Isn't it more fun that way?

To see how it turns out?

I mean, personally, I don't like an ending I see coming, that makes it boring.

So, what? Do you want me to give you a cliche?

A, love-at-first-sight, black-and-white, cut-and-dry, good-and-bad, fact-and-fiction, story?

You want me to give you something that MAKES SENSE 100% of the time, I suppose.

You want me to give you something happy.

and, you want me to give you a black-and-white, no fine-print story, right?

So what, huh?

Do you want a happy ending?

Do you?

Please, answer me.

Do you want me to give you a cut-and-dry ending, 

or do you want the satisfying, yet nail-biting swan song I've been planning.

Do you want

Evil to fail and good to triumph? All the time, every day.

Please tell me!

I need to know,

Do you want this to be black-and-white no grey areas, no close-calls.

Or, do you want to be on the edge of your seat, suspicious as heck of EVERYONE, until the grande finale?

Comment and let me know.

because, I'm confused at what you guys want from me.

Anyways, skip ahead, unless you want to hear the rest of it, that was the main crap I needed from you.

but...

This chapter...  I've had it planned for a REALLY long while now... And, although it seems... almost... out of place...

That's the way life is.

It's one... sucker-punch after another.

And, trust me, it's consistent, it'll make sense why I put this is now, and not later.

Also, song: 

Carry on my wayward son (Kansas)

Because it's a BEAUTIFUL song.

and really catchy

and IT'S ROCK N ROLL BABY!!

"Once I rose above the NOISE and CONFUSION, just to get a glimpse beyond this ILLUSION."

"Though my EYES could SEE, I still was a BLIND man. Though my MIND could THINK  I still was a MAD MAN."

"Masquerading as a man with a REASON, my CHARADE is the event of the season."

"If I claim to be a WISE MAN, it surely means that I DON'T KNOW."

"On a stormy SEA of MOVING EMOTION, tossed about I'm like a SHIP on the OCEAN."

"I can HEAR THE VOICE(s) SAY, 

Carry on my WAYWARD SON,

There'll be PEACE when YOU are DONE.

Lay your WEARY head to REST,

Don't you CRY NO MORE."

"Carry on, you will ALWAYS REMEMBER."

"Carry on, NOTHING equals the SPLENDOR."

"Now your LIFE'S no longer EMPTY."

"surely, heaven WAITS FOR YOU."

...Wow.. that sounds a lot like the story...HUH?!

...Don't think I don't know what I'm doing.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I might just answer all complaints with that from now on, because it's a bit hard not to spoil.

Also, just so you know, G has this special thing called HEALING magic now, so... let's think about what that means before we cry about him dying. 

Or you, in that case, it's poison, not magic.

~*~Research~*~
~*~3G~*~

I opened my eyes, to the scent of smoke, the sky outside was dark, and slightly lit at the edges with the warm greeting of a bonfire, and, before  I know it, I'm overwhelmed by the airy sound of people laughing, the sweet aroma of food and drink wafted over to me.

I searched in the darkness for anybody nearby, and found the tent empty. I swung my legs to the side of the cot, and reached to prop myself up with my arm.

Remembering that I was now stuck sans my left arm, I braced myself to hit the ground, closing my eyes and turning my head so I'd sustain minimal injuries.

I froze, not feeling the impact of my body and the ground, a light weight had fallen onto my sternum, and was holding me up, I blinked open my eyes to see the glowing blue hand working to keep me from falling.

I shifted my legs to stand, and walked forward, stumbling, and nearly falling to my knees, the six hands lifting me from the ground before I even had the chance to make contact with it.

I staggered out of the tent, two of the glowing hands clutched something in their nearly translucent digits. 

An old lab coat.

I paused, glancing around in search for my jacket, but didn't see it.

They must've taken it to sterilize it.

I slipped my arm through the lab-coat, and the blue hand rolled up the left sleeve, and I got a strange... yet... familiar feeling from wearing the old thing.

I shook my head.

I couldn't control these things, much less get them to work like real hands, and yet there they were, fanned out around me like peacock feathers.

All but the blue one vanished, which hung by my side like it was still attached to my left arm.

I breathed in heavily, trying to remember why I was covered in bandages.

But, I couldn't seem to remember anything after my arm disintegrating. 

I didn't recognize the area I was in, looking around, in the shadows, there was nothing familiar I could see about this encampment.

I froze, and spun around, looking, for anything that might tell me this isn't some sort of prison. Something to tell me I'm not back...

...there.

I sink my heels into the dirt, and start walking quickly, wrapping the lab coat tighter around myself.

I glanced around, taking in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, to reassure my mind that I wasn't back... in the lab.

I walked along a concrete wall, and then saw the light of the bonfire I'd seen from a distance, lighting up the ground.

I walked into the gap between the two walls, and heard a voice cry out, "He's awake!"

I didn't know why, but just those two words sent fear spiraling into my system, and sent me running for the woods nearby, my feet hitting the ground in waves of shocking impacts, my eyes both spiraling with flames as the hands struck back branches before I made my way through them, and sending them whipping to a close behind me.

"Stop running!"

"C'mon, kid. Stop running. You won't get away from me."

"We won't hurt you!"

"I ain't gonna hurtcha. If you're good."

I ran faster, turning my head against the bite of the wind, and hearing the coat whip behind me.

I hear another voice, "Stop chasing him! If you scare him bad enough he'll teleport and we won't ever find him!"

And the female, who'd been yelling first, "But doesn't he trust-"

"He doesn't trust anyone right now! He's like a wounded animal, lashing out in fear! He probably can't even remember what-or-who he is, but if he can, then he's probably scared out of his mind because he won't remember anything after he got injured!"

"He won't remember?"

"No!" their voices grow too soft and too distant for me to hear anymore, as I skid into the makings of a clearing in the trees.

I lean against a large oak, and catch my breath, I glance around, and shut my eyes for a moment, hearing a voice ring in my head.

...Calm down.

"I am calm."

Breathe.

"I am breathing!"

I said calm down!

"I am perfectly calm!"

The blue hand rests on my shoulder, and it's familiar.

I let out a sigh.

..What was that?

"What was wh-"

I feel a light stinging sensation in my side, and my eyes shut tightly.

I lunge forward, but I'm pulled back by restraints, handcuffs locked onto my right hand, legs, and thin spine.

I look around, pulling at them.

"Maybe if I tear our other hand off, I can-"

Don't be stupid.

"That's not stupid!"

There's one on our spine.

"I'll pick the lock!"

Since when can you pick locks!

"I used to be a decent criminal, mind you!"

And to think, you were the prodigy child-

"Uh-huh, sure. Dad liked  Papyrus more and we know it."

Do you really think that?

"...What?"

You think I liked your brother more?

"W... What..?"

...You don't recognize my voice, do you?

"..W-wait... I think-"

You were always were a wayward child.

"...It's you."

Yes.

"....Dad-"

"A-are you.. okay?" She asks, brushing back a lock of her hair.

"...huh?" I look toward her, and lean my head against the cot, "...oh..hmmmn."

"...T-they had to put you on more sedatives cause you tried to run-"

"Who?"

"The... doctors..."

"...Which one?"

"I don't know." She mumbled.

I sighed, and she glanced at the labcoat I was wearing, briefly, a fleeting gaze.

"Asgore... wanted to see you whenever you were feeling-"

"How... are you so strong... all the time?"

She paused, "What?"

"You're just so... strong. All the time."

She didn't answer, sitting down on the stool nearby, a smile lightly touching her face.

My vision hurled and swam toward the ceiling, blurring, and I inhaled through my mouth, feeling like my nose was blocked off.

"I mean. You hardly ever cry... and you... you smile, and you laugh.. and I-" my voice got softer without me telling it to, "I love your laugh... and you don't talk to anyone about your problems... and You don't have a family, and with me you- you might never have another chance at a new family...  I mean, why do you like me? You're a pretty girl, a smart, pretty, clever girl, and you were like, 'hey, this guy seems great, he's a murderer, a convict, and for all you know I could've been a drug addict, but you said to yourself, 'oh wow I like this guy'. I mean, I don't understand it.  I kidnapped you, practically imprisoned you, threatened your life, harassed you, indirectly got you tortured, and left for dead. Left you alone to suffer through PTSD, anxiety, depression, and paranoia. Tried to push you away, I've hit you," she touched the bandage on her face, "I've hurt you, yelled at you, dumped every single problem I had onto you... and you still... you came back to me. I don't... I don't understand."

She was quiet, startled, I suppose.

"I don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know why I chose you. But... I'm not sure if that means  I was too weak to leave you when you did hurt me, or if I just didn't see a need to stand up for myself... I was separated from my family when the war started. My father had taken me and my mother to a safe-shelter. Somebody came a few days after we first arrived and took three boys and three girls and handed them off to different people... Turns out, one of them ended up being handed to you."

"...Kaine?"

She nodded, slowly, "And, I ended up with some people, who handed me off to a... really nice family. But... they were killed... and... I ran. Until... I ended up being captured by some...thugs.. and trained to try and kill you. I didn't... I don't want to hurt anyone. I haven't intentionally hurt anyone!"

She clutched the miniature gaster-blaster pendant I'd given her so long ago.

"...And, You came, sorta, re-kidnapped me. And, I thought, 'Maybe... if I do what he says, I'll live'. Because, believe me, I don't want to die. I'm not scared of... dying itself. I'm scared of.. how painful.. it can be."

I looked down at my hands, "So... I liked you, but... You were so... Okay, I know this isn't exactly... X-Files, Supernatural, or anything? But... when I touch people, sometimes... I can feel their soul, hear it, like it's whispering it's one purpose for me, it's first and fore-most trait, and usually I'll hear 'love' or 'justice', or some other thing, determination, whatever. I've been told that a couple of the other pure-souls could do it too, but- it's pretty rare.. and.. it's sorta an anomaly, but... Kaine, he can do it too. Usually, for monsters it's this quiet whisper, I touched Papyrus and I heard, 'hope' with Undyne, I heard 'justice', and, it's usually nearly inaudible, and their fondest memory, their greatest triumph, I guess, is the feeling I get, with Papyrus I saw snow, and felt a chill, but then it was like a warm blanket enveloped me, and his fondest memory, I realized, was hugging you, Undyne, and Frisk, all as friends. With Undyne, I felt this overwhelming strength and power, something she triumphed at. But, you touched me, and it was like this wave of... utter... chaos, like a thousand voices were screaming, it felt like I was being torn apart, shredded from the inside out, skinned alive. And, my instinct, other than, to run was, to try and help- to SAVE you."

She sighed, "...But... I guess it's sorta pathetic, huh? I came crawling back to you, even though you didn't seem to want me. I had bottled everything up, and I had kicked down my hopes of ever being happy until I hated everyone and everything, and then I just- forgot it all, because I saw you. And, I don't know why. I just- I wanted someone to cling to, someone- maybe,  I wanted someone more messed up than I was, so that I wouldn't feel so bad about myself."

She blinked, "And I mean, I'd like a family, but that's fine, I don't- it's not that important to me."

She shrugged, as if trying to erase what she'd just said, and then looked at me with a smile on her face, "But the past is the past, right?"

I sighed, "I guess so....?" 

She was quiet for a second, and then, as if forgetting the conversation we'd just had:

"...But, yea, Asgore wants to see you-"

"I've been drugged-"

"You'll be fine! I just- don't want to annoy him, okay? So, c'mon."

There was something about how she fidgeted. Like she hadn't slept in a couple days.

She unlocked the cuffs, and guided me out of the camp, her hand trembled with energy- or perhaps, caffeine.

We entered the castle, my vision leapt with blind spots, and I blinked to try and clear them away.

Asgore was facing us, as was a room filled with people.

We didn't say anything.

"..._______. G. Welcome." 

"Why'd you bring us here?" I asked.

"...Straight to the point, then?" He smiled, and clasped his hands together, "....We found one of ...Doctor ...Gaster's labs, yesterday, while clearing out the underground."

She looked at me, for some reason, like I was going to explode when Asgore said his name.

I returned the strange look.

"....And found something... rather.. odd."

"Odd how? Like, Magic odd? Or... science odd."

"Both."

A few men carried in a strange case, like a large tube. There was something inside.

"....We can't open it... but perhaps you-"

"Its for the left hand and I-"

The glowing blue hand secured itself to the pannel, a dark spot in the scanner perfect for the size of the  hole in it's palm.

I walked toward it as the case's door opened.

A figure fell from it, a lab coat hanging limp on it's shoulders, it took deep, long gulps of air.

Cold, dark eyes stared up at me, and then both lit with fire, it was frail, weak, but the fire in it's eyes was profound.

The flames were an icy blue, nearly grey in color, and it lowered it's head, fire rising onto the top of it's skull.

The flames blazed and hung in a ponytail, ending with a bright blaze of blue fire.

It had created hair.

I extended my right hand to it, and it gazed up at my face, likely expecting someone slightly different.

"...G." It muttered, but it's voice sounded more... female.

"How did you-"

"W...D....G..." she whispered, and couldn't have been more then seven or eight.

And... she thought I was him.

"What did you do?"

I wanted to see if it was possible- after creating Papyrus and finding you I had to assume that creating a perfect balance between offensive and defensive power was possible. I also wanted to test if a female-base was possible. Seems it was.

"Why? Were we not good enough-"

I loved you both. I had to do what I was hired to do, Sans.

"...oh."

Watch her, she might go into shock-

Her body froze, and her magic faded from her eyes, she clenched her teeth together, like she was in great pain.

"Ngh-" she wrapped herself in her arms, and gradually fell to the ground.

I picked her up, carefully, using my right arm, and with the blue hand's cooperation, holding her close to me, I looked toward Asgore, who seemed surprised and intrigued.

A few of the doctors hurried toward us, including Alphys.

"...Incredible."

"...Artificial life..."

"...How is it sustaining itself?"

"What's her name?"

Segoe. Like the type-faces.

"Let me see-" one of them reached out to touch the frail figure, who felt weightless in my arms, and...

cold.

I could feel how cold she was.

I have no skin, so how-

"Stop." I hissed, backing away, the girl skidded toward us, and growled.

"Her name is Segoe. She's not a thing. She's alive. So stop." I hissed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 119 16
Disclaimer: This story is based on the Handplates comic so make sure you are somewhat familiar with the story line. (I really recommend reading it an...
242K 10.8K 37
Underswap!Papyrus x Reader And some Fresh!Sans x Reader -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- It isn't hard to slip into a dream. You're happy with what...
127K 5.7K 18
• Art is by kane__i on Twitter • [Fem!Reader] 『 The group of skeletons were taken aback by the unexpected appearance of who exactly? You, of course. ...
7.6K 536 33
"What's that look for? Are you perhaps unhappy to see me?" "Oh no. Oh no, quite the contrary, my love. I've craved to be with you for the longest tim...