Don't Speak (OHSHC)

By woof_boi

Jamie is a transfer from Canada. He's quiet and full of secrets. The Host Club is determined to make him talk. More

Rules
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
FAQs
Update 2
Final Update
A/N

Chapter 1

23.2K 631 1.2K
By woof_boi

"Haven't you heard? There's a new student in school?"

"Yeah, I heard he came from North America."

"Which part? America?"

"No. Canada."

"Canada? Isn't that the maple loving country?"

"Yeah. I also heard that it snows there constantly."

"I wonder what he's like."

"No one knows. He doesn't talk."

"He doesn't?"

"Yeah. He even ignores people too."

"What a jerk."

"I know, right?"

I looked down at my notes as the class slowly emptied. School was out and everyone was heading home, to hang out, or to one of the clubs. I just wanted to make sure that my notes made sense before I headed home.

I looked a little odd for my family. My eyes were a bit doe-ish and hazel. My skin was pale from the lack of sunlight. I spent my time inside during the day. My hair was fluffy and black, my bangs cut to my eyebrows. I was told I had a more petite figure, which wasn't what I really liked, but you learn to live with it.

I suddenly felt my thigh vibrate and fished my phone out of my pocket. It was a simple android I got a couple of years ago.

I looked at the text that my aunt sent.

:May:
Hey, Bubbles~ I'm going out to the store. Text Kayla if you want a ride. If she complains, tell her she has no choice! >:[

I started to text her back saying I got it. I put my phone back and started to gather up my stuff. I wanted to explore a bit before I went home. I've been in this school for two weeks and I didn't know this place aside from my classes and the cafeteria.

I grabbed my bag and left the classroom. I passed many students as they chatted with each other. I had no idea what any of them were saying. I didn't really pay much attention either.

I looked down at the map I had in my hands. There was so many rooms and not enough time. I decided to start out with the top floor today.

I suddenly slammed into something and fell back. I rubbed my head and looked up to see a very angry guy. He was taller than me.of course, I was only 4' 9" (144.78 cm). I was a short person.

"Watch where you're going!" He shouted.

I quickly stood up and bowed in apology. I turned and left before he could say anything more. I'm such a klutz.

***********

I looked up at the large door. This would be my seventh room exploring. It was Music Room #3. I wonder why they had three music rooms.

I pushed the door open slowly and looked in. I could see a bunch of people all talking. Girls were sitting around certain guys and freaked out as they did something. This did not look like a music room.

I suddenly saw somebody in front of me and jumped. I didn't see him coming. He was tall and had blonde hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I nodded.

"You must be the new student." He continued. "You're from Canada, right?"

I nodded again. More people walked up. I think it's all of the guys. There were seven total. One of the red head twins started talking before I saw him.

"-doesn't talk." One said.

The other started again. "-ignores a lot of people too."

I saw hand movement and looked to see the blonde with his hand up and speaking proudly.

"-be a shy boy!" He said. "Too shy to come out and draw attention to himself!" He turned to me. "Tell me, what gave you the courage to come out to us?"

I looked at him really confused.

"Or have you always been an open gay?" He asked.

My eyes widened slightly. He looked at me, waiting for an answer. I slowly closed the door as I left. I turned and started to walk away. No way was I getting involved with them.

I suddenly felt something grab my arm and I jerked to a stop. I looked back. It was the tall blonde. He was talking.

"-running away?" He asked. "Did we intimidate you?"

I shook my head as he held onto my arm.

"Then why run?" He asked.

I took my arm back and held up my arm as if I was holding something. I then made a circular motion on my chest with that hand as I mouthed my words. I then made more motions with my hands.

'Sorry. I'm not looking for a relationship.'

The guy looked at me really confused.

"What?" He said. "What was all that?"

Another person walked up while talking and I looked at him. He was tall, had glasses, and had black hair.

"-language." He said. "He's deaf."

"What?" The blonde looked back at me. "He's deaf?"

He suddenly hugged me while still talking. I didn't see what he was saying. His mouth was out of my view.

The guy with glasses started talking again.

"He doesn't know what you're saying." He said. "He can't read your lips if he can't see them."

The blonde pulled away.

"Right!" He said. "Come! You must meet the rest!"

He suddenly wrapped his arm around mine and pulled me back to the room. He pulled me in and waved his hand to the guys who gathered around us.

I looked up at him incase he would start talking.

"This is the Host Club!" He said. "Where young men with too much time on their hands entertain young women who have too much time on their hands. I am the king, Tamaki. This is Mori," He motioned to a very tall guy with black hair. "Hunni," The small blonde with a rabbit. "Haruhi," The pretty boy with brown hair. "Kyoya," The guy with glasses. "And Hikaru and Kaoru." The red head twins. "And what's your name?"

I pulled my arm free and made motions with my hands while mouthing the words.

'Does anyone know what I'm saying?'

Mori made motions with his hands.

'I do.'

I smiled and continued.

'Good. Can you tell them my name? I'm mute.'

Mori nodded. I spelt out my name while mouthing the letters.

'J-A-M-I-E'

"Jamie." Mori said. "His name is Jamie."

"Jamie?" Tamaki asked. "Defiantly sounds North American."

Tamaki turned and started talking the others. I could still make out what he was saying.

"Everyone!" He said. "We must make Jamie feel welcomed and comfortable. Being a deaf person in a normal person school must be tough. He's so strong to have made it this far!"

The girls started clapping while smiling and nodding.

"Now!" Tamaki continued. "We must-"

I felt something pull on my sleeve and looked up to see Hunni. Why is everyone taller than me? He looked really excited.

"Jamie-kun!" He shouted. "Would you like to eat cake with me and Usa-chan?"

I looked up at Tamaki. He was still talking and everyone had their attention on him. I didn't completely understand what was going on.

I turned back to Hunni and nodded. He cheered and pulled me away from the group. We sat down at a table with cake and he started talking.

"What kind do you want?" He asked.

I looked at the many different types of cake. There was so many to choose from.

I pointed to a velvet cake with chocolate frosting and shavings. Hunni happily handed me a piece and sat down as he started eating his piece.

I looked back down at the cake. It looked so fancy and different. I was used to home made cakes that Aunt May makes.

I picked up my fork and took a piece. I bit into it and closed my eyes as my throat vibrated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
220K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
409K 14.3K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
634K 9.9K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...