The Guy in the Pajamas(unedit...

By In_Vision

Riley Peters is your average 18 year old girl who is in need of a job. One day flyers started appearing on do... More

Chapter 1: The Flyers (edited)
Chapter 2: Can I Take this Job?(edited)
Chapter 3: It's Complicated(edited)
Chapter 4: Assistants don't do what I do(edited)
Chapter 5: You've got to be Kidding Me(edited)
Chapter 6: I'm an Accomplice(edited)
Chapter 7: The Party(edited)
Chapter 8: After the Party(edited)
Chapter 10: Seventh Sense(edited)
Chapter 11: The Burnt Face(edited)
Chapter 12: I gave in(edited)
Chapter 13: Crash your Party(edited)
Chapter 14: Shambles(edited )
Chapter 15: Lying and Cheating(edited)
Chapter 16: Standing My Ground(edited)
Chapter 17: He's Back(edited)
Chapter 18: Payback(edited)
Chapter 19: The Unexpected(edited)
Chapter 20: Under the Sink(edited)
Chapter 21: The One(edited)
Chapter 22: Joe is Back!(edited)
Chapter 23: Total Confusion(edited)
Chapter 24: Alien Awareness(edited)
Chapter 25: Got It!(edited)
Chapter 26: Dinner, ice cream and vingear(edited)
Chapter 27: Surprise Surprise!(edited)
Chapter 28: The Dance part 1(edited)
Chapter 29: The Dance part 2(edited)
Chapter 30: His Past (edited)
Chapter 31: The Chill
Chapter 32: Red Paint
Chapter 33: A Broken Luc
Chapter 34: Train Wreck
Chapter 35: Fondle
Chapter 36: A Dinner to Remember
Chapter 37 : MIA
Chapter 38: Master
Chapter 39: Sick and Shut In
Chapter 40: Fleeting Friends

Chapter 9: It Was A Bet (edited)

422 16 3
By In_Vision

The next morning I woke up with my throat feeling dry. I guess throwing up took more out of me then I thought. My throat felt so raspy and sounded horribly deep. I had a headache and my back was hurting. I guess I fell harder than I thought too.

I was starving so I made a way to the kitchen. Mom was at the sink looking out the kitchen window at the neighbors—she had a habit of being nosy. Once I walked into the kitchen, I plopped in a seat next to dad.

He looked up from his newspaper then went back to reading. “Are you okay?” he asked as he flipped a page. “You look like shit.” Well I could always count on my parents to tell me the truth, always.

“Yeah honey, you do,” mom said. “Maybe that job is taking too much out of you.”

“No!” I shouted then lowered my voice. “I can handle it and besides this is teaching how to make my own money, right dad?”

“Huh…” he looked up from his newspaper, “uh yeah, what you said.”

I sighed, he was no help. I could always count on dad for no support. Mom was usually my go-to person, but even now she’s against me. What happen to women sticking together?

I had only forty minutes to finished getting dressed. I took a quick shower—monkey free. Then I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a yellow and black floral blouse. I combing my hair and let it lay in curls around shoulders.

By the time I was out of the house. I had three minutes to run to the bus stop. It almost left me, who am I kidding, the driver would have left me. It wasn’t like he’s never did it before. He’s done it a lot and every time was worse than the last. The first time was when it was raining so everywhere we stepped there was a mud puddle. You could probably guess what happened next and no, it doesn’t involve clean clothes, well, not until after school.

After the bus arrived at the school, I walk/ran to my locker, eunning was not allowed in the halls. I had a feeling Lacey was hot on my trail. It was like I had a sixth sense except I don’t see dead people, I see Lacey. I typed in my combination and as soon as my locker clicked open I heard her voice."

“Sooo, are you free today?” Lacey squealed.

“Actually no, I tried asking for the day off but he said it was too soon,” I lied. I rather work then to go dress shopping with Lacey. I am not walking around a store for six hour just so she can say that she couldn’t find anything even though she swore it was the perfect store.

“What!” she shouted. “I told you about this before Ri. You said you’d come.”

“I know but I have a job to do. You want me to have a car, don’t you?”

“Not when it cuts into some serious shopping time. Maybe you could ask your dad to get a car instead? A car is just as good as a truck,” she leaned against my locker and pouted. “Please Ri, I need to get that dress.”

“Sorry,” after years of getting to know Lacey, I became immune to her persuasion. “I can’t. Ask Jasmine. Where is Jasmine, by the way?” I asked.

She shrugged, “probably trying to figure out a way to get more funny-looking clothes. You know she has no taste in fashion.”

“But she won best dress,” I said.

“On a technicality,” Lacey smirked. “Everyone knows I was too sick to enter so they felt pity for Jasmine.”

“You think it’s good to talk about your own friend?”

“I’m not talking about her. I’m just stating a fact,” she circled around me. “I can’t help it if people love me and will do whatever they have to-to make me happy.”

“Uh huh,” I began to tune her out. I hated when she got like this. As far as Lacey is concerned, I’m no competition. Jasmine was everything Lacey wasn’t. She was smart, funny, charismatic, and down-to-earth. People naturally flocked to Jasmine and her look didn’t hurt either. Lacey was the mean girl, talkative, social, night owl who thought school as a government conspiracy.

“I’ll see you later, Ri,” Lacey said before walking off, probably not to class. I took my book and made my way to class.

*

*

During lunchtime, I sat at the back table, as usual. Sometimes I’d sit with Lacey, but mostly it was just me and Jasmine. However, I haven’t seen her all day. She wasn’t in our first three classes.

“Hey Riles,” Jasmine came strolling up.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

“Practicing,” she smirked.

“Practicing for what?”

“Things,” she replied.

“What things?”

“Big things,” she smiled.

“Now you’re starting to sound like Luc,” I said. "Now tell me where you’ve been?” I smiled then she took the seat next to me.

“I got the part as Annie,” she beamed.

“Isn’t Annie supposed to be a red head?”

“Hello, wigs,” she replied. “Mrs. Logan, the drama teacher, said I was born to play her." Okay, I couldn’t help but snort to that. In what way could Jasmine be born to play Annie? She’s a horrible actor, but I do commend her for her efforts.

“So you’re able to miss class like that?” I asked contemplating whether I should join too.

“No, it was because it was the first meeting. We have to practice at 3:30 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

“Oh,” I said.

“So who is this Luc?”

Looked to her and answered, “you don’t want to know.”

*

*

After school I found myself banging on Luc’s door. I was afraid that it was going to rain from the look of the clouds. Doesn’t he usually keep his door open?” I was banging for almost ten minutes when the door swung open and Luc grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. He yanked me inside then shut the door behind.

“Whoa,” I said.

“Sorry, I’m a little busy,” he replied. “Do you need a day off yet?”

“No not really, why?” I answered skeptically. I didn’t like where this was going. Am I going to be fired?

“I’m going to be doing a lot of things today,” he said.

“That why you need an assistant,” I replied. “I’m here to make them less complicated for you, remember?”

He was about to respond when a phone rung. Luc pulled out a cell phone from his pocket and left down the hallway. I followed until he stopped abruptly and caught me of guard. I slammed into him and surprisingly I was the only one that went down. Luc turned around and put his finger to his mouth and shushed me.

He walked over to one of his computers and sat down. Right after, I could hear the steady clicking of his keyboard. I got up and sat at the laptop like I usually do.

“Hey Riley, Quinton is coming over today so we could work on some gamming ideas. Today, I just want you to relax.”

“But I have a job to do,” I frowned and crossed my arms trying to look menacing. I knew what he was doing. He was thinking of me as a child again. I could do my job. Just because I was a little shaken up last night doesn’t mean I don’t know how to prioritize my life. “Give me work.”

“Riley—” I cut him off, stood and walked over to him.

“Luc,” I brought my hands to my hips, “give me work or I will sue you for sexual harassment.”

“Okay-okay. Suing for work, that’s a first,” he chuckled. I turned around quickly so he wouldn’t see me blushing. My cheeks felt so warm not to mention my dry throat acting up again. Bad combination.

“Why don’t you make us a snack, then you can help me sort through these files,” he patted a piled of files in front of him.

“Fine,” I crossed my arms then walked pass him to get to the kitchen. I made him a sandwich then went back to working. I wondered when he was finally going to teach me some technology things. I also been meaning to ask about those diapers I had to buy.

“Luc?” I said his name gently.

“Yes,” he breathed.

“Why did you ask me to buy you diapers?”

“I need them,” he shrugged then went back to typing.

“For what?” I asked.

“You ask a lot of questions,” he paused and looked at me. “What exactly do you want to know about me Riley?”

“Uh…n-nothing,” I stuttered then lowered my head so I wouldn’t have to look at him. He was looking at me like no other guy—in real life—has. I don’t doubt that right now I am blushing again. “I-I just thought it was a weird item to get.”

“Not really,” he replied, “I could have a child.”

I head jerked up so fast that I hurt it, “it’s possible.”

He smiled devilishly at me. “Let’s see, when was the last time my condom broke or I had unprotected sex…?” he started counting on his fingers.

“I don’t want to know, I don’t want to know!” I shouted to stop him.

He smiled then went back to typing on his computer. It wasn’t until about three hours later, that Luc spoke again.

“I don’t have a child Riley, but like I said, it is possible,” he replied. “Does that freak you out?” he cocked his head to the side waiting for my answer.

“N-no,” I snorted. “Why would it? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend or anything,” I said. For some reason when I said that, my heart skipped a beat.

After I said that, we just stared at each other. It was like I couldn’t break his gaze. His electric green eyes were trapping me in a trace.

Then suddenly the door rang, “Could you go get the door?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I quickly got up and went to the front door, grateful for the time apart. I unlocked the door and was immediately hit with the sight of fiery red hair.

“Riley baby,” he picked me up and twirled me around, “nice to see that you’re not pregnant anymore.”

“Ahhh, put me down!” I was terrified the fact that he could pick me up and that he was able to twirl me around.

He sat me down while smiling. If fixed my clothes then led him through the back where Luc was. “He knows,” I said to Luc as I we walked into the room.

“Of course I knew, I’m not an idiot. I did graduate from MIT,” he smile then took a seat on the floor next to Luc.

“Who graduated from what now?” I asked dumbfounded

“MIT,” he repeated.

So Luc isn’t the only weird one. When you look at Quinton he seems like more of a stoner than prestigious school graduate. Anymore surprises?

“Quinton is not a complete idiot. He knew I was bringing you,” Luc smirked.

“So what was up with the pregnancy thing?” I asked.

“I wanted to see if you’d go along with it. I bet Quinton that you wouldn’t. You seemed a bit uptight when I first met you.”

“Now that you mentioned it, you owe me ten bucks,” Quinton said.

“It was just a bet?! So all of that shit that you made me go through was just some freakin’ bet?!” I shouted. “Okay, that is it!”

“Where are you going?” he asked.

I walked out of the room and was halfway down the hall until I shouted back, “home! I quit!”

“What?!” I could hear him stumbling out of the room. “Riley wait! It was just a bet!”

As soon as he reached the living room, I turned to him and smiled.

“Don’t go,” he pleaded.

“I just made a bet with myself. One part of me bet that you would chase after me, the other did too. Guess I won,” I chuckled.

“So you have games,” he walked up and started tickling me, “S-stop that! T-his i-is s-so un-pro-professional,” I started laughing. “S-stop Luc.”

“Apologize,” he said as he pinned me to the floor. When I say pinned, I mean –hands holding mines above my head and sitting on my stomach—pinned. “Or I won’t get off.”

“What are you doing? You’re my boss. This is not appropriate,” said half serious and half trying to stop from laughing. I struggled against him and I almost knocked him off of me, but he was fast.

“Say it,” he teased.

“So this is what you two all day?” Quinton came into the living room and passed us to go into the kitchen.

We both stopped and looked at him. Luc slid off of me and pulled me to my feet. “I told you, she can’t keep her hands off of me.”

“Shut up,” I slapped his arm. Now I know why I was able to hit him. He’s just so infuriating and he works at your nerves.

“You do know that’s it raining don’t you?” Quinton smirked before sticking his head in the refrigerator.

“Gee Riley; it does seems like it’s raining an awful lot,” Luc push the curtains away to look at the downpour. “Maybe you should—I don’t know—stay the night,” he shook his head at the downpour. He looked back at me and smirked. “Maybe you coul—”

“Nope, stop right there,” I cut him off. “I will not be showing you anything. I will not stay because it is raining hard and I sure as hell will not read you a bedtime story. Got it!”

“But you’ll get soak and you’ll get a cold. I’m just looking out for your well-being,” Luc wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“Nice try,” I smirked.

“You smell that Riley…it’s the sweet scent of desperation,” Quinton chuckled.

Luc slapped him against the back of the head, “shut up, this is between me and my employee, so leave.”

 “Yeah Riley, Luc just want you to be safe, isn’t that right Luc?” Quinton winked at Luc and walked away smiling..

“What if you get sick? I might not be able to let you come tomorrow,” he crossed his muscular arms and smirked at me. I could read you a bedtime story. And if you want someone to sleep next to you then so be it. I will just have to make that sacrifice.”

“People love when I read them Goldie Locks and the three bears,” Quinton inputted. I wanted smack both of them over the head.

“Shut up Quinton,” Luc said playfully.

“Fine, I’m leaving even though I just got here. I understand if you two want to bone. I’ll just leave and be lonely,” Quinton sighed then left out the house, closing the door behind him.

“Is he okay?” I asked.

“Quinton?” Luc lifted an eyebrow, “he’s probably eavesdropping right now. I bet his ears in planted on the door.”

“No I’m not!” Quinton shouted through the door. “Dammit!”

“Go home Quinton!” Luc and I said in unison.

“Okay,” he said through the door.

“Look, all I’m saying is that tomorrow might be a busy day. I need my assistant. If you get sick, what am I supposed to do? There is no one to fill in for you,” he walked up to me and gave me a hug.

Any girl would have melted after hearing that, but come on people, this is Luc. Of course he was hugging me and his hand making its way to my butt. He had no since of decency.

“Move out of my way, fool!” I pushed him off and opened the door. He was right about the rain but I guess I’ll just have to deal with it. I pulled out my umbrella and opened it. I heard the door close behind me so naturally I thought he went back into the house. He didn’t.

“You know, you’re making this hard for me Riley,” Luc walked beside me soaking wet. I guess he decided to bathe in the rain. I wasn’t planning on sharing my umbrella with him either.

“Making what hard?” I said bemused. “And where is your hoodie?”

“This,” he simply said as he looked at me while drops of racing patted against his face and rolled down his cheeks. “I thought you didn’t like the hoodies and masks.”

“I don’t but I thought that’s what you loved to do,” I admitted.

“I did but since you said I look so sexy without it, I just had to oblige,” he smiled.

“What?! I never said that.”

“But you were thinking it. I know it’s killing you inside not being able to touch me,” he winked at me and I made a barfing face. “It’s okay Riley, you can touch as along as no one finds out.”

“If you do not shut up,” I punched him in the arm playfully.

The entire way home, Luc had been harassing me. At one point he even called me Ripe Riley. I think I know what it means, but I don’t want him to know that I know. Nasty little prick. Once we reached my driveway, I pushed Luc back—literally. I don’t want what happened last time to happen again. Honestly, who gets grounded when they’re eighteen?

“Hey,” he held his chest. “What was that for?”

“My parent might be home and I don’t need the thing that happen last time to spring up again.”

“Okay,” he stepped back. I thought he was about to walk back home but he didn’t. He did something much worse.

“Oh Riley! I love you baby!” he shouted at the top of his lungs and the lights to my parents’ bedroom came on. “Oh baby when we made love I didn’t want to leave the bed!”

Right about now, my jaw was wide open. There was no ever closing it. The embarrassment has frozen me.

“Make love to me again Riley!” he shouted one last time before chuckling and jogging off, leaving me to face the consequences.

I couldn’t move. My mouth was agape, my breathing stopped, and I haven’t blinked for almost a minute. Even when a few of the neighbors and my parents came outside, I was unable to form words.

“Riley, was that the boy from down the street again?” my mother walked up to me in her bath robe.

I didn’t speak.

“Riley, your mother asked you a question,” dad came out with a frown on his face.

I didn’t speak. I didn’t know what to do. I was in a permanent state of shock. I thought I would never move my legs again, well, at least not until tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am going to kill Luc and write jackass on his headstone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608K 21K 60
"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes to various places in my body. "You're m...
116K 4.5K 18
This book is a continuation of 'I married the' series In order to understand this book you need to READ I married the Asshole first because it'll get...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
193K 5.7K 20
A girl named Selena, 15 years old, is basically like your real life Cinderella. Mean step-mother, and mean step-sisters. She does basically everythi...