The Sea's Guidance(A Percy Ja...

By DemigodInTraining

Percy Jackson is lost. Not physically. He is lost emotionally. He doesn't know who he is anymore. Every one h... More

The Sea's Guidance

5K 213 285
By DemigodInTraining

SeaTrident does this work for your contest or am I too late?

Percy Jackson sat alone on the shore of the beach at Camp Half-Blood. He stared out towards the horizon, a distant look in his eyes.

"What should I do?"

His voice is distant and sad, his knees are pulled up against his chest and his arms are wrapped tightly around them.

"I don't have anyone to go to."

His mother and step-father have passed on-an untreated virus of the chicken pox-which is deadly to adults. His girlfriend, Annabeth, has broken up with him, apparently seeing something that scares her in him. He understands and does not hold it against her. He is scared of himself.
Chiron has finally taken his leave on this world, the fates finding him to be not of use anymore.
Without Chiron, the camp has fallen into utter Chaos, all blaming the departure on the wars, and the wars on Percy.
The gods have agreed with their children, and have put Percy on isolation-so he may not corrupt or damage the world anymore-they said.

So now, lost and alone, Percy sits on the sand looking out at the one thing that has always loved him. The sea. He isn't supposed to be there, but it is night, and the campers have gone to bed.

"Tell me what to do."

His voice sounds broken as well, and he looks like a kicked puppy. He is sad, tired, and used, and it shows in his eyes and by the bags under them.

"I don't have any friends anymore."

His cousins, Nico and Thalia, have left him as well. The problem is, he has been cursed to live forever-to watch all his loved ones die and to be helpless when it happens. That just so happened to be what happened with Nico and Thalia. Thalia had quit the hunt after finding her Soul-Mate. No hard feelings from Artemis, the goddess was happy for her Lieutenant. Nico found his Soul-Mate as well, and the two spent the rest of their lives together, died together, and made it to Elysium together.

"They have taken away my home..."

The gods have banished him, he must leave in the morning. He will be transferred to a prison in Maine, far enough for him to be away from the gods but close enough for them to be able to check on him. His home will be a place he is no longer welcomed in.

"They hate me, all of them."

They blame him for the deaths, for the wars. They say he should never have been born, that he is a waste of space, just like Gabe used to say. He believes them now. They used to be just words-but now, to him, they are the truth.

"They make me live forever, why don't they just let me die?"

They tied him up, chained him, and took him up to Olympus. The gods tortured him, cut him and beat him, tore down his self-worth and self-preservation. Then they cursed him-cursed him to live forever, to live and never die, but to be forced to watch his former friends and loved ones all slowly die-lose the light in their eyes and move on to a different world.

"Why can I never do anything right?"

He always tripped, e fooled and messed up, he couldn't protect his friends. He couldn't protect his family. He couldn't protect anyone, not even from himself. He couldn't stop the wars, he couldn't do anything. He wasn't worth anything.

"I just need help. Please. Anything. A word, a thought, a gesture, a sign, anything. Just tell me that it'll be okay-even if it won't. I'll believe you. Please. Guide me."

Dear child.

"You hear me?"

Of course we hear you. You are our child, our life and blood. We love you.

"Will you help me?"

But of course. We will help you. We will take you away and protect you, hide you, keep you safe. You just have to trust us.

"I trust you. I always will."

Tomorrow, when they come to take you away, do exactly as I tell you now...

---

Morning arrives, and Percy is back in his cabin, his things packed, and he is ready to go. He will start the Sea's plan.

Knock

He falls out of his bed with a thud, the loud knock startling him from his thoughts.

"Are you ready?"

Hermes appears in the doorway, his eyes glazed over, he looks slightly concerned at the small and frail boy on the floor below him.

"Ugh...yeah...yes, I'm ready."

Percy looks up at the god before him-one of the only ones that still care about him. The other being Apollo-who cannot be fooled by the lies of others.

The god bends down and grabs Percy's thin arm, gently hauling him up.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah...I'm going to miss this place, Hermes."

"I know, buddy, I know."

Hermes pulls Percy into a hug, and holds the boy tightly to his chest.

"You'll be okay. They'll realize what they've done, one day, and you'll be okay."

"Hermes..."

"Sh, it's alright."

Percy rubs his nose against Hermes' chest, trying to bury himself in the warmth and comfort. Hermes' hand strokes Percy's hair while the other one gently rubs his back.

"Hermes...I...I have a plan..."

"What?"

"I...I can't tell you what it is right now, but when it happens...just...don't freak, okay?"

"Okay"

"I promise I'll stay in contact with you and Apollo."

"Oh, Percy..."

A sob escapes the lips of Percy Jackson as his mind goes back to being forced to leave his home.

"It's okay...you'll be-"

"Hermes?"

"Apollo?"

"Percy?"

"Apollo!"

The door opened again, and the olden haired, sky blue eyed, sun god stepped in and quietly closed the door behind him.

"They're all waiting for you. They think you murdered Hermes or something, Percy."

"Schist."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Apollo...?"

"Yes?"

"I need to tell you something that I told Hermes."

"Okay"

Apollo pulled Percy into a hug, knowing that soon, his lovable and adorable cousin wouldn't be there to hug anymore.

"I...have a plan..."

"A plan?"

"Yes. And when I start it, I need you not to freak out. Just...play along with it...okay?"

"Okay"

The two gods each took one of Percy's arms, and "hauled" him over to where the others were waiting. Once there, Hephaestus coldly looked at Percy, then put shackles on his hands.

"PERSEUS JACKSON"

"Yes, Lord Zeus?"

"BEFORE YOU ARE BANISHED, DO YOU HAVE ANY LAST WORDS?"

"I just want to say...to say that I'm sorry. To all of you. I never should have been born, I-"
He stifles a sob, and a tear slowly makes its way down his face.
"I will miss you, all of you, and I hope that one day, you'll realize that I don't mean to lead people to their deaths. I'm very sorry that you all hate me, that even my dad hates me, that so many people died...I also want to say thank you, to the only two that believe me, Hermes. Apollo. Thank you."

Apollo and Hermes had tears in their eyes.

"IS THAT ALL?"

"Can I...may I go to the beach, one last time?"

"FINE."

The king of the gods gripped Percy's arms and flashed to the beach with everyone else. Once there, Percy elbows  and kicks Zeus. The god, surprised, lets go of Percy. Taking advantage of everyone's shock, Percy sprints to the water, the shackles on his hands jingling.

"I'm here now. What do I do?"

Come to us, child.

Percy, putting all his trust into the sea, ignores the shouts, cries, and hands trying to grab him and pull him back, and walks into the sea, he keeps walking until just his head is sticking up above the water, he turns around and looks at the enraged figures on the beach.

"Goodbye," he whispers, then plunges down into the sea.

Fish swim up to him, Sharks swim next to him, guarding him. A dolphin comes up to him and offers its dorsal fin.

Take hold of the dolphin, child.

Percy does as told, and holds onto the dolphin as it swims away, the other sea creatures following them.

"What's your name?"

My name is Charlie, my Prince.

"I'm not a Prince anymore, Charlie. Lord Poseidon disowned me."

Yet, you are still our Prince.

"How so?"

You are the sea's child. Even without our Lord's blood in your veins, the sea will always course through it. You belong to the sea, and what belongs to the sea, always returns to the sea. The sea always lives and takes care of its own, my Prince.

"I don't know what to say."

No words are necessary.

The dolphin swims up to a large building, three stories high.

This, will be your new home, child.

"But it is so big..."

Your bedroom is on the second floor, along with the game room and lounge room. In the first floor is the kitchen, dining area, welcome hall, and living room. The top floor is a practice arena, so that you may still train. There are weapons in here, if you are wondering. There is a yard behind the house, with seeds and flowers if you would like to start a garden.

"Thank you," he breathes, amazed and warm.

It is our pleasure, for you are the only TRUE child of the sea.

"What do you mean?"

We mean, that while Poseidon may have sired you, you are our child, not his, because his blood never was in your veins, only the sea. You have tremendous powers, more than the god, and you do not know it, all because we will it to be. You are our child, and we are the sea. You have full control over what happens here, not him. You are OUR child, and we love you.

"I love you, too."

We are glad. Good luck, child, and we will always be here for you.

The sea's presence leaves, leaving Percy alone. He slowly walks up to the house and enters it, immediately awed by the sight.

---

Three-hundred years have passed, and Percy lives on in the sea, never aging, living in peace. He has kept contact with Hermes and Apollo. They visit him, every once in a while, sometimes just to say hi, an sometimes to bring him news. Percy waits, patiently, for the time to come, where he will once again be welcomed in the above world.

"Perce!"

The sound of Apollo's cheery voice can be heard from the kitchen, causing Percy to stop his training, put away his weapons, wipe the sweat off his brow, and head downstairs. The house is water proof, so there is no water inside, just circulating oxygen, so it is just like a normal house, except, well, underwater.

"Apollo! Hermes! How you guys doing today?"

"Percy! Looking as young as ever! We're doing great! What about you?"

"Good, good. So, what's up?"

"Well, we've got some exiting news," Hermes starts.

Apollo decides to take over. "Everyone realized that they were wrong! They want to make it up to you, so they've been searching for your soul in the Underworld, but of course you aren't there! We want you to go with us. Today is your birthday, oh yeah! Happy Birthday! Anyway, today is your birthday so that means they are holding a meeting for you there, right now actually. We want to surprise them by bringing you with us! Can you imagine the looks on their faces?"

"I don't know, guys...what if they haven't really forgiven me?"

"They don't need to forgive you, you need to forgive THEM. They need to apologize to YOU. What they did was wrong, Percy, and they finally realized that. If anything goes wrong, I promise that I will flash you right back here."

Go with them, child. You can always return.

"Okay."

"Yes! Hermes, he said yes! Woohoo!"

"Apollo, shut up."

"Sorry."

"Alright Percy, we are going to flash you to Olympus, right outside the throne room doors, then Apollo and I will leave you and flash onto our thrones. Once you hear your name, it doesn't matter who says it, you make your entrance. Got it?"

"Got it."

"Great! Let's go, Hermes!"

The two gods put a hand on Percy's shoulders and flashed onto Olympus, and started their plan.

---

Inside the throne room, the gods had gathered to pay their respects and talk about Percy Jackson. One by one, each God flashed in, head bowed and sad, but none worse than Poseidon-who felt horrible for betraying his own son.

Zeus starts the meeting.

"We have gathered here today in the matter of Perseus Jackson-"

He was about to continue, when the throne doors swing open, and a figure entered the room, hand on his hip, the other thrown in the air, head bowed.

The figure stopped in the center of the throne room, turned to face the gods, then slowly raised his head, revealing familiar sea-green eyes and a trouble-maker smirk.

"You called?"

"P-P-Perseus?"

"Who else? Though I do prefer to be called Percy."

Percy had put his arms down by now, instead choosing to put both hands on his hips.

"You're alive."

"Uh, duh. I wouldn't be standing here if I wasn't."

"But...but how?"

"Oh you know, just the perks of being immortal."

"W-what?"

"Yup. Anyways, I heard from two little birdies that you have been looking for me?"

"Yes, we wanted to say that we are sorry. We never should have blamed you, it was our fault. We made a horrible mistake to blame you."

"Is that so?"

"Yes," the King of the gods replied.

"I forgive you."

"Just like that?"

"Mhm. Just like that!"

"Percy..."

"Yes, Lord Poseidon?"

The sea god flinches at the formality coming from his child's mouth.

"Where have you been, son?"

"First things first. I am not your son, I am the sea's. Second, I was in the sea."

Poseidon was hurt by the declaration, but knew that it would take time to fix his mistake.

"How did you survive? How did you escape?"

"I took the Sea's Guidance. I always have, I always will. The sea has never lead me down a wrong path before. Everything I have ever done, and everything I will ever do, will all be because of The Sea's Guidance."

__________
Another One-Shot guys! This was not from a request, I was just half-asleep and had inspiration, so I wrote it. It IS a work written when I was half-asleep, so I am truly sorry if it was bad! Thanks guys! Comment your thoughts!
Vote!
Comment!
Enjoy!
~DemigodInTraining

Remember that I take requests! Just PM me or comment if you want to make a request!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
540K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 13.2K 16
Gods blood is the sweetest nectar And I am the foolish mortal Who'll bind you to me For I am addicted to your kiss And I wish to swallow you whole An...