The Thompsons.

By yourequestedmyface

My name is Lia Thompson. I am a pretty average girl. My school life is nothing special and my social life is... More

1 The Thompsons
2 Tiffs and FOOD!
3 The Beginning of Pranks
4 Pranks and Their Consequences
5 On the Run, but Not for Long
6 Sucky Parents
7 More Pranks and New Friends
8 Special People
9 Almost Caught and Plans to Meet
10 Pizza and Shower Mishaps
11 Meet and Greets With A Side of Unhappiness
12 Relationships and Brotherly Meetings
13 Blackmailing With A Side Of Ex-boyfriends
14 The Secret Is Out?
16 The Beginning Of The Prank War
17 Drunk Zara Is A Loopy Zara
18 Disastrous dinner party
19 Changing For The Better
20 Meet The Parents.
21 What Just Happened?
22 Avery Benson
23 Truth Spilled
24 Housing Issues
25 Adapting and Dates
26 Miss Thompson, The Prankster
27 A Day To Remember
28 Beach Day
29 Surprises and Holidays
30 Dates and More
31 Ending on the Perfect Beginning
Happy new year!

15 First Day and Full-house Prank War

75 3 2
By yourequestedmyface

"WAKE UP!"

"Fuck off."

"Get out of bed."

"No."

"I'll get all the boys."

"To do what?"

"Anything I tell them to."

"Screw you." I mumbled into my duvet as I pulled myself from the warmth of my bed to my wardrobe which held my school uniform. It was the first day back at school after a week's holiday, and I was not prepared to say the least. Not mentally any way. I picked up my phone as it vibrated on my bedside table. It was Zara.

Kill me.

Sorry, can't, then I'll be alone and I'm not ready for that yet.

Ugh...

See you at school boo x

I also noticed that I had a text from Danny.

Did you ever notice that I was in your school? x

Honestly no, I'm sorry! x

Well, I'm in your school! We can check our timetables later to see if we have lessons together, because honestly, I didn't notice you either... x I laughed at that.

Oh well. I'll meet you round D block then? x

Okay, babe. See you in a bit x

I smiled at the texts and continued getting ready, deciding on my black skirt and tights today with my usual white blouse with black tie and blazer. I pulled on my black wedge converse and tied my hair into a mermaid braid down my back. I grabbed my backpack and trundled down the stairs, picking up a slice of toast that was left by the toaster. I quickly ate that before brushing my teeth and doing my make-up. I swiped the eyeliner pencil across my waterline before making a flick with it coming from my top lid. I then dabbed a dark shade of purple across my lips. I coated my lashes in a thick layer of black mascara, then I was downstairs waiting for my brothers who apparently took longer to get ready than me. I looked at the time on my phone to see it just turning half past eight.

"Guys! Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" I yelled up the stairs as I played on colour switch on the family ipad. Speaking of family, my parents walked into the living room, completely ignoring my existence and turning the T.V on as they sipped from their mugs of steaming coffee. I sighed quietly and shouted for the boys again.

"Shh, we're trying to watch something and your annoying voice is interrupting it." Mel told me, still keeping her eyes glued to the box in front of her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I bothering you right now?" I asked sarcastically, I scoffed and went back to my game.

"Yes, now be quiet." Chris piped up.

"Oh, come the fuck on." They both looked at me in shock. "I've always been a bother to you guys, and I have never, not once, ever done anything wrong to make you hate me the way you do. Tell me, are you that disgusted by your own daughter, that you would rather have me not exist?" I asked in disbelief. Mel looked down into her mug as Chris continued staring at me. I glared at him. "Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?" Mel looked back up at me, her face emotionless.

"I'm not disgusted by your existence, but your attitude towards us." I let out a breath of sardonic laughter.

"Really? Why do you think my attitude is the way it is towards you?"

"Honestly, I don't know, but you need to stop it right this instant."

"Ha, look who's giving me orders! You really think that I'm going to listen to anything you have to say?" Chris was about to jump into the conversation, but I beat him to it. "I have a question for you, who has been there for me all the time I was growing up?" I leaned back in the armchair and waited for a response.

"We have." Chris said confidently.

"Oh, have you now? Who taught me to walk? James did. Who taught me how to talk? James again. Who bought me anything I ever needed from their own hard earned cash? James, once again. Who was my shoulder to cry on when my parents left all the time? All of my brothers were there. Who always told me that my parents still loved me? Well it certainly wasn't my parents, it was my brothers again." I yelled at them in frustration.

"James got all of his money from us."

"IS THAT THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO SAY AFTER WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU? You are unbelievable, you know that? You know what, I'm done believing that one day you'll come up to me and actually tell me you love me yourselves. Fuck you both." I sneered as I picked up my school bag and stormed out of the house, not even bothering to wait for my brothers.

I will not cry, not even in frustration, they are not worth the tears. I wish I could've seen that before.

---

"Hey, you alright?" Danny asked as he greeted me in D block. I looked up from my shoes and smiled lightly when I saw him, genuinely happy to see him after this morning.

"Just tired. I'll tell you about it later. Timetable?" I said as I hugged him tightly. He grabbed the sheet from his bag and showed it to me so I could compare lessons. "Biology with me, Maths with me and English. Not bad all together." I smiled gently as I passed the sheet back to him and walked off to form with Zara who had just turned up.

---

The morning had dragged, even though I had Biology first with Danny in which we persuaded our teacher to let us sit together, then I had Latin alone which was kind of boring since we were re-capping on what we did before the week off. English we just watched 'The Woman in Black' because our teacher is useless and does nothing with his life except for date the school receptionists. I used that time to tell Danny about this morning and now it was lunch time and I was sitting outside by the wall along one side of the school with Danny and Zara when a shadow loomed over us. I looked up to see the person and groaned loudly, placing my head on Danny's shoulder. The figure chuckled and sat down opposite Danny and I.

"Zara, how's it going babe?"

"Shut up you mess." She chuckled as she threw a crust of sandwich at him.

"Ah, Lia. It's been so long since our last proper conversation."

"It would have been longer if my luck hadn't run out." I muttered into Danny's shoulder. I knew he would be very confused right now at how Zara and I were acting towards this person.

"Now, why would you say that, honey-bear?"

"Because you are an arrogant jerk and I don't like you very much." I said as I threw some grass at him.

"Oh, babes that hurts my feelings!" He exclaimed with mock hurt.

"Oh come here you ratbag!" I laughed as Zara and I hugged him.

"Wait, what just happened?" Danny asked on confusion. Zara, Todd and I laughed loudly at his confusion and explained that we were all friends in primary but since he joined the sports teams he had drifted away from us. Zara and I always made the joke that he would turn out like the rest of the bone-headed boys on the team. It was our special inside joke that only Danny now knew of. We were all laughing by the end as we all re-lived random memories of each other throughout the years, Danny joining in with us considering he was also a good friend of Todd's.

"What's up then, man? You usually only come to us if you need advice on something or something like that." Zara asked after a laughing fit.

"Oh, yeah. You know Amy Jones?" I shivered at the name but nodded nonetheless. "I'm thinking of asking her out."

"No." I said simply.

"What? Why not?" Todd asked surprised.

"Because she is bad news. What do you see in her?"

"She is a really nice girl once you get to know her."

"Invite her over here then. Right now. Don't tell her where your going or who will be there. Just ask her to go with you and bring her here." I said.

"Why?"

"Just do it." I said laughing at the memory of the Shia LaBeouf motivation video. Todd looked at me weirdly but complied.

"What was the purpose of that?" Danny asked once Todd had walked off. I shrugged.

"Just wanted to see how she was, after the fight and all that."

"You know about that?" I looked at him weirdly.

"Well obviously, seeing as I was in it." I said in a duh tone.

"That was you?" I nodded confused. "Wow. My girlfriend has mad skills. Remind me never to piss you off!" Danny laughed. Zara and I laughed with him and soon enough Todd returned with a very confused looking Amy.

"Why am I here?" She asked Todd as she looked around. She hadn't seen us yet. I sat up straighter and plastered on a fake smile for her. Todd pulled her down to sit on his lap and smiled at us.

"Amy, these are my friends; Zara, Danny and Lia." Amy tensed up at my name but played it off my shrugging her hair over her shoulder and looking at us all individually. She didn't look me in the eyes.

"Well, hello there cutey." She purred at Danny. I placed my head on his shoulder and kissed his neck gently as I looked Amy directly in her widening eyes. She cleared her throat and leaned back into Todd who was looking at us strangely.

"Did something happen between you guys that I don't know about?" Amy and I both answered at the same time. I said 'yes' whilst Amy simultaneously said 'no'. Todd looked between the two of us in confusion until he just shrugged and let that conversation go.

Soon enough the bell rang and we all went our separate ways for our next two lessons before the day way finally over and I could go home and begin our annual prank war that would cause pure chaos in the Thompson household. It was probably the best time out of the entire year and I was looking forwards to pulling my epic pranks on my idiotic brothers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 671 27
Claire Dennis Smith is a normal 14 years old girl. After her parent's death she now lives with her older overprotective siblings. One day she acciden...
743K 19.2K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 ℍ𝔸𝕊 𝕊𝔼ℂℝ𝔼𝕋𝕊" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...
Nicole By Minahil

Mystery / Thriller

4.8K 116 26
My mother had kept secrets from me for as long as I could remember. Never answering anything I asked about my father, my siblings or why they weren't...
331K 9.3K 51
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...