A 2

By palominolane

The story of Avalon continues.... Cover by the awesome MayTijssen More

Summary
Chapter 1 - Hair now, don't dream it's over
Chapter 2 - You're hot and you're cold
Chapter 3 - Just go with it
Chapter 4 - Squaw
Chapter 5 - Personal hot water bottle
Chapter 6 - I'm not the nightmare
Chapter 7 - Unfair fight
Chapter 8 - Overflow
Chapter 9 - broken
Chapter 10 - wrapped up
Target practise
Chapter 13 - On and off
My Brother knows me too well...
Karma..
BAcK tO NormAl
The Hat
GRIM REAPER: Take 1
The bad ballerina and co.
Uh oh
STAY!
BIG V.
Hey hey
Flatline
Pregnant gas
Skeletons in the wrong place
penii
Repopulating the country areas, one click at a time
Friend Material
two bulls
Steep descent
Insanity Truce
Insanity Truce part 2
Sparkly Cupcake
One, two... miss a few
BIG TROUBLE
Voldemort's Chaos Part 38
FATE
CHILLS
No COMPARISION
OVER THINKING

I think we're alone now

12K 688 128
By palominolane

Sorry guys for the wait, had a lot of stuff going on lately. I've been getting a sore back after riding and after the first test I was told I needed spinal surgery eeekkk but the next few tests showed that I'm able to go on without one but have to not ride anymore :( so have been contemplating agility training or something.... anyway without any further ado.

Av's POV

My adrenaline levels would scare even the most hardcore adrenaline junkie or ... make them jump of a cliff in a fit of jealousy. I'm that excited my hands are shaking.

I love this feeling that comes after the main act has been carried out but we still have a bit to go. Usually the escape bit. I feel invincible like I can do anything.

So I do. Ribs and kidneys can't stop me jumping on him right now. Especially with blood smeared over his cheek and flecked over his bare sculpted chest. I have no idea what's come over me or who let my octopus out of its cage but it's squeezing it's tentacles and letting its poison go rife in my body.

I can't stop kissing him. A very booky thought passes through my mind, I just fit with him.

The loud speaker hums to life.

"Rest in peace tonight, citizens, I'm going to leave you alone due to the unforeseen negative outcomes of my plan, the over abundance of flabby butts. So... enjoy your lives to the maximum every time you can." Nathan's grim reaper, scuttling swarm of rats voice filters through the speakers making me smile against Noah's lips. "And please remember squats are your friends. The two souls in the elevator - I can see you and I'm coming for you now!"

I giggle and tear myself away from Noah's luscious lips to see if he finds it as funny as I do. My breath hitches as I get a load of the coolness settling in his eyes.

"By the looks of it either Nat's voice scares you to death or I should be handcuffed and buried alive for being a terrible... and over-enthusiastic kisser," I raise my eyebrow as the trembles through his body hit mine.

He doesn't speak instead he morphs into something downright feral. Oops. I was so happy to see him and that he mucked around with Nat and I that I forgot his issues with being mauled by girls. I'm unsure what to do or how to fix it. Probably the best first action would be to untangle my legs from around his waist.

I slide down fully expecting him to push me away but his hands don't let go of my waist. One point to Avalon.

I smile at him. "Or maybe... maybe you look like that because your mind is just getting around the overwhelming image of me competing over you in a singing duel with a grim reaper... pretty much naked to finally remembering all those other people in the nudie! I'm guessing you're totally appreciating me now right? Did you see that old guy? We totally need to go back to get you another tattoo of that moment!"

I can't help but crack up, thinking of how cool Noah's back will look by the time I'm finished. That moment in stick figures would look epic. Noah's chest doesn't look too unepic either. I should grab a photo for my memory wall.

"Hey Chilly Billy, do you have my phone by any chance?" he hasn't moved a millimeter. He seems to be concentrating hard on breathing deeply, so I take my chance and slide my hands to his back pockets. Slipping them in to pull out 2 phones, one his, and yay my one. 

Looking up at him again I see his glowing green eyes staring at mine, he's fighting internally, so I leave him to it knowing that this is one thing he has to get through himself. As my eyes fall to the phone in my hand I see the dark purpling bruising on his side. I hope that pigs are flying outside and Nat believes that makes them even. I doubt it and I don't cherish the torn feeling that bubbles up in my stomach.

"Are you okay?" I nod and touch his side lightly.

His eyes take on an X ray vision glaze as he eyes my side then he kind of sniff laughs out of his nose, like the answer to my question is impossible.One hand slides up over my side, pausing for a moment over my bruised ribs, I like the heat of his hand there. Then it goes up to my cheek and pushes my hair off my face. He holds me there for a moment, he needs to for some reason and then I get the notion that he is going to apologise again so I decide to ignore him and flick my phone on.

 Whoa! I have a lot of messages. I scroll through, Seth has messaged me a ton of times. Interesting but I don't check them because it reminds me of the challenge that was set at the restaurant. I can't believe that I forgot about that!

Noah's hand drops to my side again and I like it. Actually, I like him touching me soooo... I figure he has to get a bit used to me being in girlfriend mode and me in a way other guys don't see me. I don't exactly know how to do that. I'm not sure what even my girlfriend mode is but I realise that I am affectionate.

I'm affectionate with all my family and animals I thrive off touch. I think I'd wither and die without it. 

I go to my gallery and find one of the pictures of me in the roses. I stare at it, thinking. I don't want to send him a full body shot, even though my body bits are totally covered with roses... covering way more than a bikini would (yet) but I think my face looks different to other photos. I look like maybe I'm thinking of him. Aad only him. I crop it from my shoulders up and send it. 

Just as his phone bings the elevator doors whoosh open, and a tall black figure glides in.

"Selfie time," Nat says. "Get your hands off my sister, criminal."

This time Noah ignores Nat, but I catch the fleeting glance in his direction. It's not full of fear, not that I expected to see that, but a weird mixture of maybe gratitude and steel.

"Yes it is," I maneuver into position so that all 3 of us are in the shot and snap it, sending a shot to Nat, Noah and Dell.

Nat pulls everything off like a pro, wraps it in a ball shape and pushes me to stash it up my shirt (apart from the sickle - ouch) he then spends a few seconds fashioning the lump into a 'baby belly'.

He turns to Noah, "I ever see my sister in this condition and I will gut you."

Noah's eyes turn even colder than I thought possible and he mumbles something incomprehensible under his breath. His chest muscles seem to writhe under his skin.

Both Nathan and I turn to look from him as the doors to the elevator slide open on my floor to reveal a nurse waiting. We both look back.

"What did you just say?" we both ask Noah, not moving apart from Nat holding the doors open with one hand.

"Bit late now to get all shy about knocking me up," I cross my arms over my chest looking indignant. "Could have spoken up a eleven months ago about not wanting kids!"

Noah's eyebrows dip slightly before part of his mouth crooks up. "Eleven months? Maybe I'm shy about what type of baby we are having."

Nathan holds up the sickle, "I told you I could have dealt with it. With him."

The nurse backs away. Nathan peers out of the elevator. "Clear!"

I dash forward grabbing Noah's hand in the process but we aren't safe. She's waiting.

Angry and smug.

On my bed.

The doctor sits beside her taps his pen on the folder of notes.

"Oh my," she gasps when she see Noah. "Did he hurt you? I better check you out, stat."

And then everything becomes a blue or slow motion and I realise that Noah's 'cold' look before wasn't cold - like it is now frosting the room up at the little red head nurses extended her hands - but heated, that cold heat that you feel when you put your cold hands under hot water.

I smile at him happily, realising that maybe a big part of his inner wall has come down, before stepping in front of him, in the nurses way.

"He's fine. He just slipped in a puddle of blood in the ER room. The hygiene in this hospital." I turn to him and point to the little bathroom. "Maybe go wash it off?"

Noah doesn't need to be asked twice.

She rounds on Nathan. "You are the most outrageous, psychotic person that I'm sure has ever walked the earth. How could you do that? You two are out!"

"You'd throw a heavily pregnant girl out on the street? Nice." Nat asks unperturbed on the outside, most likely brewing on the inside.

I wink at the doctor as I climb back into bed, my best innocent look plastered over my face. I would dearly love to go back to Harry's but this IV is doing my insides some real good. Plus I've been to the toilet which felt like heaven. I will remind my family of that when they say I'm high maintenance.

"Do you mind if we deliver that baby with the fastest gestation rate in the world, totally obliterating that Twilight baby and I can check you over?" The doctor returns my wink while Emily continues to try and get Nat to bite back enough in front of the doctor that we will be thrown out.

I pull the sheets over me and then pull the grim reaper from out under Noah's shirt. "I think I'll call her Chaos." I grin. Dad said he wished he called me that.

"Very apt name," the doctor smiles before pressing my side and tummy. There is one point I still can't help but flinch at when he touches it.

"I don't know whether there will be a hospital standing tomorrow morning, but you really need to stay tonight. The IV will aid in getting that last bit of inflammation. But you need to rest. Otherwise, it will be two nights... or three."

No way.

Nat must hear that too because I hear him him and move past the little terrier of a nurse to sit on my bed.

He turns to the doctor. "If she rests she can definitely leave tomorrow morning?"

The doctor nods.

"We'll be good," he lays down next to me.

The nurse scoffs. "Are you serious? Are you going to believe these two?"

"Yes," the doctor replies as he sweeps past her out of our room. "Rewrap her bandages."

The nurse rewraps me alright. The extra pressure actually feels good but I don't tell her. Nathan stares at her until she pulls its off with this huge growl and redoes it a more normal pressure.

"Hey," I nudge Nat. "I forgot to tell you that I got a twenty grand dare!"

"Do tell," he turns to me interested, one eye watches the nurses hands.

"At dinner the other night I was dared to ride a cow up the main st of Sydney wearing a meat bikini and a tomato head band. I'm so happy you bought Frank, we could do it this week!"

"Did they specify real meat, because I don't think Pop will let you wear it," he asks thoughtfully. "YOu know how Daryl goes on about raw meat and stuff. Unless we don't tell Pop but..."

"No..." I hadn't thought of that and we both couldn't not include Pop." Maybe D could make me a fake looking one."

"Pop has to go to the city on Friday so we'll go then. Do they let cows on trains? Because he was going to catch the train and I want to go because I want to climb up those streetlights in the busy time like croc dundee."

"What the hell?" The nurse interrupts us. "Are you guys serious? They don't let cows on trains!"

"Hello?" I turn to her. "We've seen movies where dogs are on trains. Same thing. Don't act like its preposterous!" 

"This is a dream, a very bad dream," she holds her hands on her head like its going to fall off. Nathan is smiling like he's hoping it does.

"Probably," Noah says from the side making my eyes flick to him and smile because he is relaxed again. His green eyes watch me with something that makes my insides warm.

Nat hops up instantly and moves inches from his face. "Touch my sister while I'm gone and I will kill you and hide you so they can't resuscitate you. Hand over the keys. I've got a date with a giant vagina."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 5
The Story Continues...
74 0 12
Ok, I made this as Hopefulstar Of TC, but I logged out and forgot my password, so now I'm remaking it! This is the first book of three for her! The c...
29.7K 1.1K 104
Third in the Marie and Ryan series, and fantastic cover made by VixenLeeViolet!
122 0 10
The Story of Degurechaff Lineage and her bizarre adventures. And the cover you are seeing is not the real cover I apologize in advance.