AMARANTHINE| The Eternal Love...

By misslullaby_

COMPLETED (Turning Into A Webtoon) Highest in Vampire #33 I died yesterday. Maybe around 11:47 PM? And it was... More

AMARANTHINE WEBTOON Published
Ch.1) The death of 11:47
Ch. 2) Reborn
Ch.3) Getting Used To It
Ch. 4) Forbidden
Ch.5) Sad Melodies
Ch. 6) Bed Time
Ch.7) Eternal Love
Ch.8) Inevitables |Part 1|
Ch.10) The Other Choice
Ch.11) Move On
Ch. 12) In my heart Patience
Author's Note
Ch. 13) One Week
Ch.14) Three days
Ch. 15) It's Okay |Part 1|
A/N **IMPORTANT!!**
Ch. 15) My Amaranthine |Part 2|
Ch. 16) The Blessing
**!!!!I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!!***
Ch. 17) Our Belongings
Ch. 18) Markys
Ch. 19) Dresses and Messes
Ch.20) Sorrow Like a Sad Song
*Urgent**!!!
Ch. 21) Nothing but Afraid
Ch. 22) Semi Silent Secrets
Ch 23.) The August Ball
Ch. 24) Lies and Truths Amidst Mirrors
Ch. 25) This Time
Ch. 26) The Colors Amidst the Black
Ch. 27) In One Moment
Ch. 28) The Trials of Love
Ch. 29) The Poetry and Tortures of Love
Ch. 30) Holding Me
****A/N Deadline is Feb 12!!!***
Ch. 31) Don't Leave
Ch. 32) Healing, Forgiveness & Love in the New Year
Ch. 33) Precious Moments
!!Sneak Peek!!
Ch. 34) Blood
Ch. 35) Falling Into Place
Ch.36) Epilouge| Even in the Ever After
DOLENT
Amaranthine BOOK 2 IS UP!
Message for my Webtoon Readers!!

Ch.9) Inevitables |Part 2|

8.2K 476 147
By misslullaby_

A loud and excessive knock at the door causes me to groan angrily. It was early in the bitter morning, and I had a headache that thumped with the banging at the door. Jesus. Did one of the maids not have a good nights rest?

The knocking continues, "Oh my gosh... I'm coming!" I yell although I don't mean it, and I guess the maid realizes after a moment cause the knocking just continues on again.

What time is it? I bet it's not even eight o'clock yet...
What could a maid possibly want with me now.

This had better not be Sulana, I'm already starting not to like her.

I prowl my way to the door in groggy stomps and yank it open, it takes a moment for me to realize I'm staring at a women dressed only in a mans t shirt.

Once I do realize I find myself completely awake and standing in a straighter stance now, "Um...hi?" I don't hesitate to ask.

The woman merely beams a smile back at me.

I peak out the door and down the hall way a but, "I don't know who you are but this my room. Think you've got the wrong one?"

"This isn't your room," She says blinking.

Oh shit. I forgot I came to Jerias's room last night.
Wait so this is Jerias's room? Why the hell did she come here? To Jerias's room. Surely she must be lost.

"Oh," I squint my eyes at her, "Right. Are you lost then? Because this is Jerias's room."

"I know," she smiles seeming like she wanted to laugh. She's so pretty. With clear glowing light caramel skin, and straight white teeth. Her curly hair a light blonde. A cute little button nose and a slim-thick kind of body, eyes as light as the setting sun.

Jesus this girl gave me all types of insecurities. I was so slim-thick because of my hips but she had the perfect slender hourglass figure. Does she know Jerias? I mean she must know him because she came to his room. And she came here only in a shirt, which indicates suggestive actions were meant to be taking place here.

I look behind me at the empty bed and back at her shrugging, "Sorry. He's not here." I raise a cocky eyebrow and cross my arms.

She nods, "I know. Oh! He told me to tell you he'll be back at around five."

I look at her not even trying to hide my disgusted look which I know was rude, but I was never a nice person to begin with, "Okay. Um seriously, who the hell are you?"

"I'm a friend of his friend. Sort of... In a way. Anyways we'll be staying here for awhile," she extends her hand out to me, "Arie. Your name?"

I look at her hand but don't shake it. She shrugs and walks past me into the room.

The nerves of this girl. Seriously?! Who is she?!

She walks around the room and spins suddenly facing me, "I'm just like you." She smiles.

"Just like me how?" I stare at her wide eyed.

Is she crazy?

"Amaranthine," she nods and her short curls bounce.

"Jerias already has an Amaranthine. I'm his Amaranthine." I bring my hands to my chest as I speak as if it would justify my statement furthermore.

"No no," she shakes her head, "I'm Ronan's Amaranthine. Ronan is Jerias's friend, I'm the friend of Jerias's friend."

I blink. And she smiles. And I don't understand the whole friend thing but I do know one thing.

"So..." I shut the door behind me, "You're human then?"

"Ah yes."

"And there's someone else here?"

"Ronan yes."

"Nosferatu?"

She nods and smiles again and I breath looking down at the ground taking in this new information. And before I know it I'm taking the girl into my arms and hugging her with my life. Which says very, very much cause I usually don't like people. And I very much don't like touching them.

But she was human. And I am human. And oh boy do I miss humans.

"I'm so happy to meet you." I murmur gleefully. I pull away and take her hand into both of mine, "I'm Ines. I'm sorry for all that early, I thought you were... ah never mind. Arie right? Arie you are heaven. You are human! I love humans. Honestly I just need some humanity in my life. Something normal. Cause nothing has been normal these past few weeks, and things just somehow continue to become even more bizarre than the last. And you are normal, which is good. It's great! Cause I need normal! God I think I love you already. I mean you just look so normal. But your only normal to an extent almost at least. I mean your Amaranthine. But so am I and I'm normal, mostly... so you must be normal I'm tired of crazy, I really don't like crazy! And Jerias? Jerias is very, very crazy." I take a deep breath in and look at her smiling, "It's very nice to meet you."

Arie just nods and laughs at my ranting, cause I am ranting after all. But I don't really care cause I have been brought grace and healing. A human. A human person. Just. Like. Me. I mean she comes with another nosferatu. But he can be ignored right?

"Arie!" I hear a male voice call, clearly not honey deep tone Jerias carries, no indication of a serious tone. This one was deep and sexy nonetheless but it was flirtatious and playful.

"Arie come here darling. I wasn't aware drinking water would take more than ten minutes."

"I'm in here!" Arie yells back.

I look at her wide eyed, "No you're not!" I whisper yell, "I don't know who that man is, and I'm barely wearing clothes. He can't come in-"

The door opens before I can get to my point.

"Arie," says the naked man. His green eyes meet mine and he flashes me a friendly smile, "New girl."

"He's not wearing clothes." I manage to squeak out, turning away from him and shutting my eyes I say again more clearly, "He is NOT wearing any clothes."

"Okay I'll handle it," Arie pats my shoulder in a caring gesture and I wait until I hear the door close and the voices start to fade away from me until I open my eyes again.

Is that supposed to be Jerias's friend? Jesus. Opposites much, and when the hell did this happen? Jerias just lets people enter his home and tells me nothing? I mean it's not exactly my home, but still, warn me a little first at least. And then he leaves! He let's new people in and then leaves! No introduction! No "Hey guys this is Ines. Ines this is so and so." Nothing. Nada!

I cannot. Believe. I like him.

"Not like I have a choice anyways," I scuff aloud.

I stagger slowly back to the bed and flop down face first on it, laying on the side Jerias slept on. I breath in deeply and his scent fills my nostrils like candy filling my mouth on a Halloween night. Or any night I may crave candy for that matter.

Jerias smells like candy.
He's my candy.
That candy you see at the store and really, really want so you beg your mom for it. But she doesn't buy it. You never got to have the candy. As a kid you eventually forget all about that piece of candy.

But I'm not a kid and Jerias really isn't actually candy. I'm a woman and Jerias is a man. A person. I'm a girl who wants a man. In a way I shouldn't, in a way that shouldn't exist between us two. In a way that is impossible, so... I can't have him.

I can't have candy.

Candy.

That's his nickname from now on.

I freshen up in the bathroom before anyone can come in again. I grab some sweatpants and the smallest white t shirt I can find and slip them on me.

It's almost seven o'clock now. Lana will be at my room in an hour, so I hurry back over there and sleep for that extra hour.

..........

Lana has me dressed in another black gown today. And she tells me about the guests who are waiting for me downstairs in the living room, and that they will be staying here for an extended period of time.

"Get to know them," she says, and I don't let her know I've already met one of them.
"And be nice," she's says. "The man is a very important person, Mr. Jacques has been apart of Jerias's life for a very long time. So let's make a good impression for him hmm?"

I look at her now with unamused and unkind eyes.

She hasn't mentioned Arie.

"I thought there were more than one," I say calmly point out.

"Hmm?" She moves to my hair and I hold my hand out to stop her.

"You said guests. Plural. So there's more than one yes?" I move to sit in front of the vanity table.

"Oh yes of course. It's just a girl. A friend of Mr. Jacques, that's all. You don't want me to do your hair?"

"It's fine," I don't bother faking a smile, "You do so much for me already. I've got it."

"Alright, hurry it up then, we don't want to keep him waiting."

I part my hair in the middle and make one small long braid on each side then pulls my hair into a mid ponytail. I fluff up the curls of the already large ponytail just to add some more volume.

"Will she be staying here too?" I pull my shoes closer to me once I'm done.

"The girl? Yes she will."

I sigh and place on my heels before getting up, "Okay let's go then."

Lana dropped me off in front of the door and left, which would have left me shocked if I cared enough. But I don't. I want her gone, it's probably way too many Amaranthines in one room for her to handle.

I push the door open and step in quietly into the living room, the area is very warm and pleasant. I've been in here once with Jerias but only for a few seconds as Jerias was only getting an item he had forgotten. It was dark so I had not seen how lovely the room was, for it was very lovely. The antique furniture grabbing a liking to my taste immediately. Two large brown couches embedded with gold along the crest roll, rails and the frames. Another couch lay opposite one of them, and in the middle of all the seats was a brown elegant table, with a deep blood red carpet underneath all the décor. But I couldn't keep my eyes off the TV. It was only a television and a very nice one at that, but I suppose I never expected Jerias to own one. He hadn't struck me as a TV watching person. Just a few feet away was another large table, with chairs but it looked as if it had been empty for a long time. This whole place seemed that way but I suppose the lit fire place upped it's welcoming atmosphere.
I should read here.
I'd probably end up watching TV though.

I miss television.

I focus my attention on Arie who has her hand looped around a large man's arm as they whispered and watched the fire.

It's clearly the naked man from before, but I hadn't gotten a good look since he was so... well... naked. And I didn't want to see that.

Are all the Nosferatu's so big? Even Lana is exceptionally tall.

From what I can tell so far since he wasn't facing me, was that he had brown hair and looked to be about Jerias's height. Which I wasn't exactly sure of yet.

I should ask Jerias how tall he is one day.

I step forward ready to make my presence known, but stop when I see the mans arm loop around Arie pulling her close. She looks up at him and laughs, her hand moving to cup his cheek. And he looks at her so lovingly I almost feel as though I'm intruding on something personal and intimate.

Then he leans in to kiss her, and I breathe in a little too loudly.

He meets my gaze through the corner of his eyes, and I blush, man I just keep getting caught.

"H-Hi," I step forward extending my hand, "I'm... I'm Ines? Uh I'm sorry for that uh..."

The man stares down at me full height not bothering to hide his amusement.
He's very handsome, and his eyes are beautiful.

"Hello Ines. I've heard a lot about you," he takes my hand and shakes it formally, "I'm Ronan."

I pull away when I think it's over, "Really? I haven't heard a thing about you," I raise my brows, "In fact Jerias told me he had no friends."

"Ah," Ronan laughs and stuffs his hand into his dress pants pockets, "Jerias has a strange sense of humor."

I smile teeth and all, "Oh yes he does," I turn to Arie and smile at her now.

She looks sheepish but still glows beautifully. Seriously. How can someone be so pretty, she's not even wearing any make up. At least I think she's not, and she definitely knows how to pull off short hair.

I wondered what I'd look like with short hair?

A little boy.

"How about we sit?" I suggest.

"Yes, yes. Of course." Ronan agrees and we greet the couches.

Arie comes next to be and loops her arm around mine, "Sorry about that," she whispers and we sit down, "We hadn't realized you were here. Usually nosfertus sense when a human is around so I'm sorry for Ronan's stupidity. He tends to be very clueless."

Ronan sits on the one seated couch and smiles at Arie, "We don't sense humans Arie, we smell them, okay? And I couldn't smell her because you were very, very close to me at the moment."

"This is no time for excuses Ronan." Arie narrows her eyes at him.

"Um, seriously, it's fine. I should've said something when I came in to be honest, and anyways," I clear my throat, "Let's talk about you guys," I smile. "Amaranthine huh," I nod, "The whole time I've been here, I've constantly been told how rare the practice was so I wasn't expecting this. To meet- you know- other pairs I guess."

"It is rare," Ronan leans back crossing his legs and arms resting on the armchair, he had an amused look on his face, "But I guess not really, it's less common compared to before. We used to have them just to have them. Now we have them if we need them," he scratches his head and looks up before saying curiously, "it was as if as soon as our need for them died down. The number of Amaranthine humans died down."

I nod not caring about the history so much, I've heard enough about the history of it. History is important, but in this case it only reminds me of what Jerias and I could've gotten away with.

"How long have you two been uh," I look away and back not really sure if I should say the word together since it sounded much too intimate, "Uh you know?"

"Together?" Arie looks at me and I laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah," I nod.

"It has been over ten years," Ronan says.

"12 later this year," Arie smiles broadly and I can't help smiling too.

"Wow," I manage to choke out. I wanted to ask her what it was like but I suppose another time when we were alone would be better.

"How is Jerias by the way?" Ronan ask now suddenly.

"Jerias?" I blink, "Jerias is um he's okay I think. You would have to ask him that yourself to find out."

Ronan laughs lightly, "Jerias is never okay despite what he lets on to others. But I meant with you. How has he been with you?"

I blink again and look over at Arie and she shrugs but smirks.

I narrow my eyes, "He's a very nice person." Is all I say.

"A very nice person?" Arie looks at me with a disbelieving face, "Girl please. Everytime I see him he gives me a reason to want to punch him in the face. The dude never laughs or smiles. It's like his face is frozen or something." She rants off and I begin to laugh only because she spoke honestly, I suppose it she added a light humor to the strangeness of his behavior.

"And then he always has this look on his face that really urks people's nerves. Like this kind of," She pulls her eyebrows together and narrows her almond shaped eyes, pulling her lips into a neutral line.

And then that's when I bursted out completely laughing, "Yes! I know exactly what you're talking about. All the time. All. The. Time."

Arie laughs, "Like, seriously. You can't tell me that doesn't get annoying."

I laugh again and breathe in smiling, and I look down at my hands.

Jerias never gets annoying.
I am mesmerized by every little thing he does. Both flawed and perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

"No," I say low still looking down, "I think when he narrows his eyes like that... it's kinda cute," kind of sexy, "And he doesn't smile often but when he does, it's beautiful. Makes you feel like... like you're winning the lottery... which is an exaggeration I know, but it just feels like it... I guess."

I look up, "Most of the time when he does smile, I have absolutely no idea what it's about. But... it's always perfect..."

I turn to look over at Arie she looks at me unsmiling. The expression on her face is captivated and endearing, and when I look over to Ronan his finger is  tracing over his lips and he looks to be both amused and intrigued.

I blush and look back down, "Sorry," I rush to say, "He is very nice. Difficult sometimes but nice nonetheless."

There's an awkward silence and I start to realize that I might be that girl who just talks to much.

There's a knock at the door luckily and a young maid I see sometimes around the place clasps her hands together and ask politely, "Would you like me to bring any refreshments Ms. Archer."

I look at her and back at the guest, "Would you like anything?"

"White wine," Arie ask.

"Wine would do. Red for me please, thank you." Ronan nods at the maid.

"Uh soda?" I say, "It's okay if you don't have any."
I don't think Jerias has any soda in his home.

The maid nods and rushes out the door. She's very pretty, with her red hair and shy glances of green eyes.

"So how long do you plan on staying?"

Arie shrugs and looks over at Ronan.

"Until we feel it's a good time to leave." He simply says.

"We came for you if you were wondering," Arie says.

"Me?"

"Yeah! We wanted to meet you. Maybe even be friends. I kind of miss humans you know." She then glances at Ronan, "No offense. You're great and all, but you drink blood and I drink wine and juice. Sometimes water. But no blood. And Ines can relate to that."

I hold in a laugh.

"Anyways," she look back at me, "We should go shopping. I'm sure you don't have any pants with the whole dresses only thing. And you probably haven't gone out yet. Because that was definitely me when I started out this whole thing so... you and I are hanging out one of these days when you're free so we can shop."

I nod smiling, "Okay. Great. I was getting tired of these dresses honestly."

"Ugh, girl? I know. It's ridiculous..." she rolls her eyes and shakes her head. Then door opens back up and the maid heads back inside rolling in a cart with a bottle of wine and glasses.

"Thank you," I tell her.

"You're welcome Ms. Archer."

"So?" Ronan gets up moving to the cart pouring both Arie and himself a drink, "How about we get to know each other hmm?"

I smile and tense up, "Okay."

......

Jerias came home a little earlier than five, and I denied how pleasant the surprise was.

By the time he came I had already finished talking to Arie and Ronan, and we decided we'd catch up again over dinner when Jerias came back home. They went off to their rooms and I went to the library, skimming the shelves to look for a new book, humming to myself. Eventually finding a book I thought pleasing to me. I maneuver over to the window. The area similar to a bay window except for the fact that it went on all along the bookshelves.

I pull my knees to my chest getting comfortable. Sighing loudly, I take a peak behind the curtains and look outside at the dimming sun. The sky looked warm and peaceful and I unknowingly smiled slightly. I loved the sky when the sun was setting. My smile widens when I remember how much my mother and I argued stupidly over which was better; a scenery of the sun setting or the night sky with its full moon. My mom always said that there was something so powerful about the presence of the moon.

"Hey." An alarm sets of through my body and I nearly jump out into the air at the sound of Jerias's sudden voice.

"Jesus Jerias!" I bring my hand to my panicking heart, "When did you get home?"

"Recently," he said moving closer to me, hands in pockets. He wasn't wearing his suit jacket and he was with out a tie. But he still wore his white shirt although with the first few buttons undone and with his sleeves rolled up.

He looked, very sexily might I add, like he'd just came back from a long day and he was ready to kick back and relax.

"What were you staring at?" He asks

"The sunset."

"Ah. A pretty sight to see isn't it?" He pauses a moment and shrugs, "I always preferred the night sky myself of course."

My lips quirk up, "Funny..." I tell him, "I was just thinking about how my mom preferred the night sky too. She loved the moon."

"The moon..." he nods, "It is lovely when full I can agree. But it's more so the stars for me."

Smiling quietly more to myself I don't say anything and Jerias speaks up once again.

"How was your day?" He casually ask.

My grin widens, "I met some lovely people. Yours?" I move to a sitting position to face him now. My legs flailing in the air underneath my dress, and my butt seated at the edge.

"Lovely people?" He moves standing next to me leaning against the sitting area.

"Thought you had no friends."

His eyes narrow and I hold back laughter as I remember what Arie said.

"I don't. They're more like family. Family isn't necessarily friends? I don't think at least."

"Mhmm," I raise my brows, "Yeah right Jerias..."

Now he smiles the slightest bit, "My day was..." he sighs heavily, "Busy."

"Isn't it always?" I mumble looking through the book in my hands.

"Agreed." He says distantly

"Bet you I'm your favorite part of the day." I say teasingly.

He smiles wider and looks at me now, his eyes softening a bit as he does. Eventually I become shy under the gaze so I look away clearing my throat.

"You are," he says eventually and I look back at him unable to stop my lips stretching bashfully on my face.

"You're mine too." I say, "Don't take that lightly cause I don't have a lot of favorites so that says something."

He laughs a breathy laugh.

"I won't, don't worry," his hands come out of his pocket casually stretching across the board his right arm reaching out behind my back.

"Were they annoying?" He ask suddenly, "Arie and Ronan, because I know they can be annoying. Not Arie so much she's just really friendly and open, but Ronan... he's annoying."

I laugh, "They were great Jerias. Don't worry. Does Sulana not like Arie?"

"Not that I know of... why?"

"Nothing, just I don't think she does. Doesn't matter though. The both of them are lovely. I'm glad they'll be staying here. Especially Arie. She's human. No offense."

Jerias grins, "None taken Ms. Archer. I'll just ignore the hurt."

"Boy if you don't go somewhere with that?" I look at him and he grins boyishly, and my heart looses its steady rhythm for a second.

Jerias seems to be all smiles today.

"Why are you so happy today hmm? Something good happen for you?" I lean forward in his face a bit.

"No, no." He sighs, "Its just, I've been worried about you. I know you haven't been too elated about the past few weeks since you... you know, came back to life. So," his hand reaches behind his head where he plays with his hair nervously for a moment, "I'm just glad you're happy today."

My face get hotter then hell after hearing the words, heart pounding in my ear and all, and I clutch onto the book in my hands to keep them from shaking.

"You're happy... because I'm happy then?" I say lightly.

He looks at me and I almost don't notice the subtle leaning forward from him.

His lips are so close.

"Mostly," he tells me and I smile a bit.

I suppose today was good distraction from everything, I did have a nice time. Almost forgot about all the chaos. Even the book I really only just discovered yesterday night, that may or may not have answers I'm looking for. I had taken out the note before returning the book to Jerias, hoping he hadn't seen it and if he had and he ask of it, then I'll casually shrug and say 'I have no idea what you're talking about'.

But none of that had mattered today. I never forgot about Jerias.

Him... I could never forget.

I lift my hand, tucking a loose strand of dark hair behind his ear. I cup his cheek and run my thumb very close to his lips.

"You're... so weird Jerias." I tell him.

His eyes shut a moment too long, and I just watch.

Here we are in the library. In this secluded area, this dark and quiet place.

I could kiss him right now.

"They wanted to have dinner with you," I say quietly speaking of Arie and Ronan.

"Yeah..." his eyes meet mine once again and I'm reminded all to well how I feel about the man.

Because I feel absolutely everything.

"We should get ready then," he says.

I pull my hand away and hold onto the book again, "Okay."

And as I walk behind the man, gazing at his large, lean back I realize the inevitables. Not once in my life have I felt like this for anyone. And regardless of this being a bond or me being just human. I feel something for him. It doesn't just stop. It doesn't just go away. It's like the ocean with its clear blue water and its depth that no one has yet to discover, no one has yet to know of.

Deeper you go, darker it gets. And the harder it is to breath. But you go nonetheless. There is no choice. There was never a choice. I'm stuck here, being pulled by the heavy weight of the water. I'm being crush by the strong arms of an unwanted lover. And I can't see where I am. I don't know where I am. But it holds me, grabs on to me and I am here. Stuck. Because it will happen.

Its bound to happen. It is inevitable.

But no one comes back alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 13.2K 51
*Mature Content Warning* I rest both my hands against the table. "I'll go on another date with you, if you tell me one thing about yourself that no...
25 9 26
" you will be fine," he says before letting go of my hand and about to leave. I didn't even realize when my body reacted. Jumping to a standing posit...
3K 129 12
There are two species of vampires, ones created by the Lilith Curse, and those created by The First Witch. The Originals were created by The First Wi...
708K 1.8K 5
Let me tell you what it was to be made vampire. It wasn't birth. Birth implies pushing, tearing forth into the light, screaming. Becoming immortal wa...