The Billionaire's Secret Sist...

By _trusted

Lyndsy Callaway, a 17 year old senior who is struggling, financially with her adoptive mother. Jason Arscott... More

Introduction ✷
Chapter 1- Arscott ✓
Chapter 2- Flashback ✓
Chapter 3- Leaving ✓
Chapter 4 - Hotel
Chapter 5- Arscott Industries
Chapter 6 - Billionaire with a Hangover
Chapter 7 - Meeting Her
Chapter 8 - Blood Test
Chapter 9 - Lying
Chapter 10 - Secretive
Chapter 11- Gun
Chapter 12- Answers
Chapter 14- Promise Me
Chapter 15- Trust
Chapter 16- Meredith Harper
Chapter 17- "Stalk"
Chapter 18- Relationships
Chapter 19- Bonding
Chapter 20- VXR
Chapter 21- Lockdown

Chapter 13- ...things

2.7K 88 11
By _trusted

Chapter 13- ...things

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

-Buddha

FIRST PERSON- LYNDSY ARSCOTT

"What's so important in that USB drive?" I ask, he looked up from his shoes and into my eyes.

"It has information about you're whole family and everyone in their league, everyone they arrested." He explained, "If any of that get's out you and your brother will be targeted, probably assassinated, and we'll have nobody on the inside." I nodded, thinking about it for a second.

"Wait, so my brother is your inside man?" I asked, he nodded. "So, my family spies on the rich to weed out the corrupt, which caused them to die. But, my brother and I survived the crash." I bit my lip and tried to comprehend what was just said.

Before this, I was just a teenager who was in the system, now I'm involved in something probably dangerous. Something having to do with spies and secret agents.

"Anything else you wanna ask?" I sighed, glancing at him.

"Nope." He replied shortly after. I sighed again and laid back on the couch while simultaneously exhaling a deep breath. Looking over at Ryder, I noticed how his stance was alert and ready for anything. That lead me to wonder what he's done and seen.

"What happens now?" I asked, breaking the silence that was slowly becoming awkward.

"That, depends on your friend and what she'll do with the USB." He responded, "Do you have any way of contacting her?"

"No, I threw my phone at you, but I don't know if she has her phone on. . . speaking about phones, you owe me a new one." I recalled.

"What? You threw the phone at me." He emphasized certain words, hoping to make a point.

"But if you didn't stop to talk and rationalize, this wouldn't of happened." I defend, "Therefor, you are the one to blame." I pointed at him with a look as if to question his authority.

"It's not entirely my fault, you were acting suspicious and as a battle ready agent, I assessed the situation giving it that outcome." He rebuffed.

"Well your 'assessing skills' are terrible." I glared, crossing my arms.

"I graduated at the top of my division and had several successful missions." He said, more like bragged.

"Sure. . ." I drawled heavily with sarcasm, ending the conversation. We were then set in a suffocating silence, the adrenaline was wearing off and I started to feel tired, and bored. Then came the desire to hit something...as you can see I'm kinda violent.

How long is it gonna take for Emily to come back? I think impatiently.

THIRD PERSON- EMILY VANDERVELT

Adam and Emily exited the cafe as normally as possible to make it as if they didn't notice the people spying on them. Once they were a respectable distance away she broke out into a run, dragging him along by his wrist and dodging anyone on the street. To any bystander it looked as if they were a couple in a hurry.

After a few minutes, the two arrived at the building, both heavily breathing. "Who were those guys?" Adam asked.

Emily shook her head, "I don't know, but I think they have something to do with Ryder." With that, they both walked in, however they were stopped by the new receptionist. She stood up and looked them up and down. The receptionist looked to be early to mid 20's, dressed in a pencil skirt, blouse, paired with a bun, and accessories.

"Excuse me, do you have an appointment with Mr. Arscott?" She asked causing Emily to groan on the inside, her mind immediately started to think of a plausible lie. At this moment, Emily wished Lyndsy was here because at least she was a good liar, and would help unlike Adam who didn't seem to be doing anything at the moment.

"No, but we're with the school that came here." She turned to face her.

"May I ask why you are not with your groups?" The receptionist asked causing Emily to pause for a second.

"Umm, we had to...grab something for the teacher." Emily tried to lie, but it didn't seem to be believable with her speaking slowly and the fact that the bus left already and they didn't have any objects visible on them, making the excuse absurd. Em turned to Adam for help with pleading eyes, but he shrugged and continued to stare at his shoes.

The reception was confused for a moment but came to a realization, after looking at the two for a moment. "Sure, kids, go right on up, just remember to be safe." She winked and nodded implying that the two were doing...things.

Emily was relieved but that left as she recognized what she was implying and started to feel embarrassment causing her cheeks to turn red, "Oh no umm-" She stuttered but was dragged away by Adam, whose cheeks were tinted pink. They went into the elevator and clicked the button for the top floor.

"She thought that we snuck out to do...things." Emily awkwardly said once the were in, "I mean, no, that wouldn't happen." She turned towards him to see what he'd say.

"Yeah, no, we're just friends." He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking down after making brief eye contact.

"Yeah." She exhaled. They were then placed into an awkward silence. The only sounds that were made was the standard elevator music.

Finally, the two reached the top floor where Jason was. Once they were out Emily turned towards Adam with determination in her voice, she spoke, "Okay, we get Jason and tell him his best friend was threatening to murder his little sister, then..." She trailed off.

"Did you really think this through?" Adam interrupted with a raised eyebrow.

"No, not really, but Jason will know what to do." She abruptly pulled his arm in the direction of where Jason was causing him to stumble a little. "I hope." She added as an afterthought. The duo speed walked over to Jason, who was talking to a group of teenagers who didn't seem to be paying attention.

Emily waved her hands around in hopes of getting his attention, but it also got the whole group's attention. "Do you need something?" Jason asked.

"Um, yes!" She exclaimed, "It's about...the girl," She chose her words carefully and slowly hoping not to reveal anything to bystanders.

He was confused for a second, as was the group. "Are you sure about that?" He replied, referring to how uncertain she sounded and looked.

"I just need your help." Em impatiently said rolling her eyes.

Jason excused himself from the group, promising he's be right back, and pulled Adam and Emily aside. "What's going on?" He asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Well. . . your best friend is trying to kill your little sister." Em explained quickly, "I don't know what going on right now, but they're both in his apartment...with a gun." Jason's eyes widened in confusion and shock, but he quickly recovered.

"Who's he?" Jason asked pointing to Adam, finally noticing his presence.

With a small wave and smile, he introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Adam, I helped Emily decode something and now I'm helping her,"

"Nice to meet you." He said halfheartedly, turning his attention back to Emily.

"We'll get Mark and then head to Ryder's apartment." The trio walked towards the elevator, but was stopped by Jason who almost completely forgot that he was in the middle of a tour. He walked back over and excused himself saying that he had to leave because of personal reasons then left them to Maria to handle.

"Okay let's go." Jason said and the trio left.

---

Everyone was in Jason's Mercedes Benz on the way to Mark's apartment, Emily staring out the window in the front, Jason as the driver, and Adam in the back hoping to make conversation.

"So, Lyndsy, your sister..." Adam trailed off, "She's very quiet at school, doesn't socialize with anyone besides Emily or where she sits." Jason was not responding causing the environment to become slightly awkward.

"Yeah, we've been friends for a while."Emily chimed in hoping that it would erase or ease the awkwardness. "How do you remember her?" She asked. He cleared his throat.

"She was happy and bubbly to everyone." He answered, intently staring at the road. The two teenagers shared a look.

"Can you please turn on the radio?" Adam quietly asks politely after realizing this was going nowhere. Em nodded and turned it on.

FIRST PERSON- LYNDSY ARSCOTT

"Come on, let's go." Ryder suddenly got up and announced.

"What? Why?" I asked in confusion. "Where?" I sat up in surprise from my laying down position.

"We're going to a place," He said, "We have to go fast."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, "You're not going to lead me to my death, are you?" I asked suspiciously. He rolled his eyes and put his face near my ear and whispered.

"Don't make any facial expressions," He warned, "I think someone is watching us." I tried to keep my face as calm and emotionless as possible and nodded slowly. He stuck his hand out and helped me up from the couch then led me out the door.

Once we were out, we walked faster. Ryder's hand was on my lower back to, I think, make me walk faster to guide me out. "Where are we going?" I whisper loudly.

"It's a surprise." He answered, cryptically, but still answered. I tried to think of places he'd take me, but none of them were really something to be secretive about.

Ryder used the technique that allowed you go down the elevator without stopping at any other floors to get us down faster.

We were now in the lobby where Ryder got his car from the valet and helped me into the car. "What a gentleman." I sarcastically said as he closed the door for me. I sensed a bit of annoyance as he entered the car and we drove off.

---

"What's your favorite color?" I spoke up from the quiet a minute into the drive.

"Why are asking me this?" He asked with a stony expression.

"Because, I just wanna know. And I need small talk." I simply answered, "What's my brothers?" He sighed, with his eyes still focused on the road.

"His is orange, mine is red." He finally answered.

"Who likes the color orange nowadays?" I ask , pulling a face, "I mean I'm not judging him, at least it's not brown." I shrugged while putting my feet on the compartment, he gave me a side glance but didn't say anything.

Following that was a comfortable silence that was interrupted by me turning on the radio. It was playing a new hit pop song.

SKDFJHKDJFHASDFJK
Oh my gerd guys! I got #585 in Teen Fiction, I'm so happy!

Thank you so, so much for reading, commenting, and voting. I appreciate and love everyone who's supported this book, even the silent readers who don't vote or comment, but it's greatly valued if you do.

So yeah....

Vote, comment, READ

(keep in mind that it is 1am when I'm editing this, and I am kind of sleep deprived)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 18.8K 56
[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an orphan. The girl who worked two jobs so s...
3M 80.5K 50
Sloan. 17 years old. Billionaire. Mafia Queen. At the age of 2 Sloan was kidnapped from her family by her father's second in command and taken to S...
166K 3.3K 49
Bad boy Tyler Romanos is the son of billionaire Fabyan Romanos. He loves to party and thinks that he can get anything he wants with a snap of his fin...
96.6K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...