Hard To Love

By xoxolazygirl

"No need to be a d*ck. You know that's supposed to be a part of your body and not your personality, right?" ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2. New/Old Friends
Chapter 3. Karma is a B*tch
Chapter 4. Confrontation
Chapter 5. Disappointment
Chapter 6. Shall we make amends?
Chapter 7. We are friends
Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams?
Chapter 9. Friendzone's a b*tch
Chapter 10. Start of something new
Chapter 12. Happy Birthday Emma
Chapter 13. It's over
Chapter 14. Friends in need
Chapter 15. Feelings
Chapter 16. Parties and Tequila shots
Chapter 17. A Different Birthday Celebration
Chapter 18. Make a move
Chapter 18. Part 2. The aftermath
Chapter 19. He's okay-ish
Chapter 20. Close
Chapter 21. Part 1. The Ugly Truth
Chapter 21. The Ugly Truth. Part 2
Chapter 22. This Is It
Love Me Harder.
Hurricane

Chapter 11. Kisses, fights and more kisses

86 4 9
By xoxolazygirl

Nathan's POV. (The same night as Emma's date with Lucas)

"What the fuck is wrong with you man?" James said placing his cue stick down on the pool table "It's like I'm playing fucking pool by myself. I can call Stella in here and she'll have my ass in a few minutes and you can't even hit one ball correctly."

I rolled my eyes "You're overreacting, as always. I'm just not in the mood for fucking table pool. Relax."

"Does it say moron on my forehead?" He asked crossing his hands over his chest

"No, but it should." I answered matter-of- factly.

James rolled his eyes "I'm being serious"

"So am I." I protested "I must be coming down with something."

"So, you're fine with Emma going out with that guy right?" He asked smirking

No. Abso-fucking-lutely no.

"Yes" I said grabbing my jacket "If he's a good guy I don't see why she shouldn't go out with him."

Yeah dude, try convincing yourself first.

Emma is my friend, she can date who ever she wants.

Wait, how many times do I have to repeat this in order to believe it?

"And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going home. See you tomorrow." I said closing the door of the play room at James' place as I exited.

"You're a terrible liar" James yelled but my attention was already on something else.

Not my proudest moment but yes, I stopped and eavsdropped.

"He kissed you?" Stella's squeal of excitement coming from the kitchen stopped me before I opened the door to help myself out.

Is she talking to Emma?

"Go to bed Emma, we'll talk tomorrow" Stella said chuckling while walking out of the kitchen and I made my way out of their house as quickly as possible.

I made my way over to my bike, getting on it and turning on the engine.

Emma is my friend, she can date who ever she wants

Crap.

I need a drink.

Emma's POV (Two months later)

You know what's worse than a two hour lecture on Marketing? Being in McGrumpy's class with only twenty people after that two hour lecture and not being able to talk because well... he's a pain in the ass.

Stella's sick so she's not here today and me and Demi were talking about me and Lucas well uhm... taking the next step in our relationship.

"I don't know, I've been kind of thinking about it for the past month. It gets harder and harder to stop each time." I whispered to Demi.

Our make up sessions get more and more intense each time. It's not my fault he's a great kisser and totally hot in general.

Yes, we've been together for two months now, and he's a really great guy.

"I don't see why you hesitate" She whispered back "It's not like you haven't done it before. I say go for it."

"I probably will." I chuckled silently. "I'll just see how it goes t-"

"Is there anything you'd like to share with us ladies?" McGrumpy asked loudly from the other side of the class.

Kill me now, please.

"Not really" I answered startled at first, but I recovered instantly and then smirked "I mean it's pretty personal what we were talking about."

"Your sarcasm isn't appreciated miss Greene."

Demi elbowed me and glared and me whispered "Shut up." She then turned to McGrumpy "We're sorry Mr. Anderson. It won't happen again."

McGrumpy nodded and went back to what he was saying.

"You get us in trouble one more time and I swear you're dead." Demi said when we were out of class.

"I'm not afraid of you Demetria." I scoffed

"Call me Demetria again and I'll give you a reason to be."

"It was just McGrumpy, relax."

She sighed "Emma, the fact that we're friends with his sister doesn't mean we can do whatever we want. He's still our professor."

"Oh god. Enough with the lecture already. I need to get going, I'm grabbing lunch with Nate."

She rolled her eyes "Lucky bitch. I need to get to Math."

I hugged her "I had Markting earlier and my brain is fried. I deserve it... I'm sorry for getting you in trouble."

"It's fine." She said giving me a smile.

"I'll call you later. Have fun at Math." I said with a smirk.

"Rub it in, would ya?"

"Bye" I said before walking the other direction of her.

"Oh God, Pizza." I said once the waiter walked away from the booth me and Nate were sitting.

Nate chuckled "God, are you on your period or something?"

I glared at him and punched him on his shoulder "One, you're rude and two, no I'm not."

Thank God I'm not on my period, it would ruin the plans I had for tonight.

"You still love me." Nate said while grabbing a slice of the pizza "Eat up now."

I took a bite from my pizza and swallowed "So how's Zoe?"

He shrugged before stuffing his mouth with pizza and replying with his mouth full "She's good I guess."

"You don't know how your girlfriend is doing?" I asked with a raised eyebrow "And God, don't talk with your mouth full."

He swallowed "Sorry mom."

I glared at him

"Really though, the fact that I sleep with her doesn't mean it's anything serious. I'm single and I'm just occupying myself. I don't do girlfriends."

I scoffed at him. "I don't get you. You're a great guy, why can't you just find a girl and settle down with her?"

"Emma" He said in a warning tone.

Relationships were a topic Nate didn't like discussing, something I never understood.

"You have commitment issues."

"Cut it out Emma. I don't wanna be in a relationship. I'm not going to be in a relationship. End of story." He said, his tone sharp.

If it was any other girl and not me, they'd be startled by his tone.
Me? I'm just mad.

Fine, be like that. I'm sorry that I care about you being happy asshole.

"Fine."

"How are you and Lucas anyway?" He asked in a much calmer tone now.

"Good."

"You can't seriously be mad at me right now." He scoffed at me.

"I can and I am" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't make me tickle you." He warned

"Don't you dare."

And, yup he started tickling me.

Ass.

I giggled "Nate enough. I'll punch you."

He stopped "Are you mad at me?"

"No. You're just a dick who doesn't want to be in a relationship. Not my problem." I said

He started tickling me again "How many times have I told you not to call me a dick?"

I giggled "Not many enough."

My phone went off and Nate stopped tickling me. I grabbed it from my purse.

"Hey" I said brethless when I picked up.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Asked Lucas

I chuckled "Yeah. Don't worry. I was just laughing. I'm having lunch with Nate."

"Oh, you didn't mention that you'd have lunch with him today."

"Yeah well he called me this morning and I can't really say no to food." I said taking a bite "Did you want something?"

"No. Just checking up on you. We're still on for tonight, right?" he asked

"Yeah. I'll see you at 8."

"Alright. See you then. Bye."

"Bye." I said before hanging up.

"Lucas?" Nate asked when he swallowed his food.

"Yeah, just checking on me."

"Okay." Nate said "So any plans for your birthday next week?"

"Not really, it's not that big of a deal anyway." I said before taking a sip from my water "It's not even my real birthday."

Nate stared at me "Em, don't think like that."

I smiled to show him that he didn't need to worry. I quickly changed the subject. "So when is your next fight?"

He sighed "This Sunday."

~~

"Are you ready to go?" Lucas asked sitting on my bed.

I stuck my head out of the bathroom "Impatient aren't we?" I asked chuckling "I'm ready, I'm ready."

"You look beautiful." He said looking up at me. He stood up from my bed and walked up to me placing his hands on my waist and his lips on mine.

I pulled away smiling "Thank you."

I walked over to my purse and put my phone in, checking if the extra pair of underwear and the make up removing wipes were in there.

I'll probably need those.

What? I like to be prepared for everything

"Okay I'm ready."

~~

My back was leaning on Lucas' car. His lips were on mine but the last thing I could think about was PDA.

He pulled away "So, I should probably get you to your dorm now."

I placed my palm on his chest and played a bit with his buttons "Hm, I don't know. I was kind of thinking that we could go back to your place. But if you insist on driving me home..." I said with a small smirk on my face.

Lucas seemed surprised "You want to come back to my place?"

"If you don't mind."

He smiled and pecked my lips "I don't"

After driving around for a while we found ourselves in his building and outside his appartment.

"Wait is Aiden home?" I asked placing my hand on his, preventing him from unlocking his door.

That detail had totally skipped my mind.

"Probably."

"Uhm... Maybe...Uh...we should.." I rambled on nervously.

He turned to me "Baby, relax." he then placed his lips on mine.

I breathed in and out "Fine."

Lucas chuckled unlocking the door. We let ourselves in.

It wasn't the first time that I had been in Lucas' place but this time I wasn't just visiting.

The plan was to stay the night.

"Hey guys." Aiden greeted us sitting on the couch.

"Hi." I said with a smile "How are you Aiden?" I asked leaning on the arm of their couch.

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm good too."

"So" Lucas said "Me and Emma will chill at my room for a while."

"Alright. I was about to take a walk anyway." Aiden said getting up from the couch.

I raised an eyebrow at him "At 11pm?"

He put on his jacket "Yeah. I do this all the time. Why do you find it so weird?"

Because you're wearing PJs?

God, he's a terrible liar.

I chuckled "Alright, alright. I believe you."

Aiden walked to the door after grabbing his keys "Have fun" He said before closing the door behind him.

I chuckled "He's a terrible liar. He just wanted us to be alone."

"Don't you want us to be alone?" Lucas asked helping me off the couch that I was leaning against. His hands left mine and were placed on my waist.

"I think I made what I wanted clear when I asked you to come back to your place."

He smiled and helped my jacket off of my shoulders. "You did."

And his lips found mine.

~~

"Oh my God. Stop smiling like that." Demi asked me a couple of days later.

I chuckled

"We get it. You had sex and it was good, no need to rub it in."

"Oh my Gosh Dem, there are people around. Keep it down." I turned to Stella after looking around "Stel, back me up a little over here."

Stella chuckled taking a sip from her coffee. "I'm with Demi on this one. Your smile irritates me too. You're the only one of us having sex. It's annoying."

"Shut up. The both of you." I said glaring at them playfully while I took a seat in McGrumpy's class.

"Do you work today or can we drop by the mall?" Demi asked quietly

"As much as it pains me to deny such an offer yes I'm working. Charlotte's away for a few days visiting her parents and I'm taking some of her hours."

Demi frowned "Fine."

~Sunday~

Lucas' arms found their way around me and brought my body closer to his. I had spend the night over again and I was just enjoying the feeling of being all snuggled up.

Lucas' quiet breath on my neck was so relaxing that it almost made me wanna go back to sleep but I had only woken up a few minutes ago. Plus I knew that soon I would have to leave the bed.

"Have I mentioned how much I love Sundays?" I asked in a sleepy voice.

"Not as much as I love waking up next to you." He murmured in a husky voice in my ear.

A smile made its way on my face "Quit being cheesy." I chuckled turning around to face him

"Don't act like you don't like me being cheesy." He said pinching my nose and earning a chuckle from me.

"I wish I could stay here the whole day."

Lucas rolled on top of me and placed his lips on my neck. I could feel how much he'd like that too. "No one's asking you to leave." He murmured against my neck.

I supressed a moan "I have to."

He pulled away to look at me "Why?"

"I promised Nate I'd go to his fight with him. We still have a few hours but I need to get home and shower at some point."

Lucas got off of me, his jaw clenched "Fight?"

"Uhm yeah, he boxes." I said sitting up and leaning against the head post of the bed. "He hasn't had a fight the past two months because of a small injury on his arm and today it's his first fight after that. Both me and James are going."

Lucas sat up at the end of his bed. "So you're saying that you'll just leave me and go to some fight?" He asked with a mad tone.

What's the big deal about this?

"I would leave at some point of the day anyway."

"Yeah, but now you're leaving to go to some stupid fight with a bunch of shirtless dudes including your so called friend." He said putting air quotes around the word friend. He was now looking at me but his body was facing away.

He can't seriously be jealous right now, can he?

"Why are you making a big deal out of this Lucas?" I asked getting irritated "You have no reason to worry about Nate, he's my friend.You knew I had guy friends before we started dating."

"Well maybe you just enjoy seeing your friend shirtless and the fights are just an excuse." he scoffed rolling his eyes.

Okay, now he took it a bit too far.

I got off the bed and started looking for my clothes without saying a word to him.

"What are you doing?" Lucas asked

"Getting dressed, I'm going home. You've already made up your mind about this... it's not like I can defend myself or something."

"Emma."

I turned to look at him "If you're gonna make a big deal out of things like that, I don't see a reason to stay." I said slipping on my shirt.

"What do you want me to think huh? My girlfriend chooses to spend her Sunday watching boxing matches instead of spending time with me. What am I supposed to think?" He asked in a voice too raised for my liking.

How can he doubt me like that?

"Uhm, I don't know? Maybe that I'm a good and supportive friend?" I scoffed at him slipping on my jeans and then my shoes. "You know what? I'm not even in the mood to fight with you." I said grabbing my bag "Whenever you realize that you're making a big deal out of nothing, you can call me." I made my way to the door of his room but he caught up to me before I could open it, grabbing my hand and turning me around to face him.

I sighed "What?"

"Baby I'm sorry. I'm stupid I really am."

I didn't look at him, my eyes were glued to the floor.

"Emma, look at me please." He insisted

I looked up him. The look on his face showing regret. He knows he overreacted.

"I'm sorry." He repeated looking at me straight in the eyes.

It's not like I can stay mad at him when he's got that sad puppy look on his face.

I sighed "Fine."

He pecked my lips "I don't know what got into me, I'm sorry. I promise to not get jealous over nothing never again."

I gave him a serious look "You better not. I don't like having people doubt me. I'm always honest. And when I'm with a person I am with that person only."

"I know. I'm sorry." He repeated before kissing me.

I kissed him back letting him wrap his hands around my waist while mine went around his neck.

A few seconds later he picked me up leading me to the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked raising an eyebrow when he laid me down on his bed once again.

"I'm making it up to you. Unfortunatelly you got dressed but I can help with that." He said smirking while his hands unzipped my jeans.

*****

So, how do you think Nate is taking Emma's relationship with Lucas?
Lovebirds took a big step in their relationship and had an equally big fight. But what's a relationship without a little fighting, right?
Thoughts on Lucas and Emma?

Leave a comment and vote.

Chapter 12 Preview: "I did what?" I asked Lucas with wide eyes.

Oh my god, I shouldn't be allowed around alcohol anymore.

"Yeah." He said rubbing the back of his head. "Not your best moment. Oh also when I told you I should get you home you threw your hand up started giggling and said 'Yay, birthday sex.' It was funny actually."

I put my head in my hands "Oh my god. I'm so stupid. God, I need to apologise to Charlotte."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
219K 5.7K 76
"Why didn't you tell me you like it rough?" Nathan says excitedly as he pulls me on top of him, moving against me without actually entering me. "I ca...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
4.4K 363 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...