Imagination BK1: The Forbidde...

By Pennator

What would happen if someone's imagination was so strong that they were able to create a whole new world from... More

Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1: A Different World
Chapter 2: Meeting With Dragons
Chapter 3: The Resistance
Chapter 4 part 1: My own swords
Chapter 4 part 2: My own dragon
Chapter 5: Back to the real world
Chapter 6: More then thoughts
Chapter 7: Confusion and understanding
Chapter 8: Training begins
Chapter 9: Weapons
Chapter 10: Magic
Chapter 12: Lessons with Leviete
Chapter 13: Derrick returns
Chapter 14: Derrick
Chapter 15: The Never Ending Fight
Chapter 16: Mid Morning Attack
Chapter 17: Questions and Answers
Chapter 18: The power of thought
Chapter 19: A Useful, but Troublesome Imagination
Chapter 20: Lightning Troubles
Chapter 21: Hide 'n' Fight
Chapter 22: Rider's Day
Chapter 23: First Flight
Chapter 24: Shadowrang
Chapter 25: The Power of Shadow
Chapter 26: Everything Falls Apart
Chapter 27: Preparing for War
Chapter 28: Intensive Training, The Easy Way
Chapter 29: Sparing Against Dragons
Chapter 30: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 31: Strange Happenings in the Real World
Chapter 32: Fighting With the Mind
Chapter 33: The Resistance Pushes Forward
Chapter 34: Ready to Fight
Chapter 35: Reflamen's New Powers
Chapter 36: The King Rises
Chapter 37: Fire, Shadow and Darkness
Chapter 38: The Two Forked Trident
Chapter 39: The Forbidden Blade
Chapter 40: An Unwelcome Surprise
Chapter 41: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 42: Planning
Chapter 43: Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 44: Worst Nightmare
Chapter 45: Wrath of the Flame Blades
Chapter 46: The Fall of Oreman
Chapter 47: The Power of Imagination
Imagination: Epilogue

Chapter 11: Dragon Riding

554 51 4
By Pennator

I couldn't wait to get on the back of a dragon. Me first ride on Sophire was fun and all, but I was riding behind someone, and I was asleep most of the time. Now I will be able to ride a dragon at it's full speed, which is faster then one of those huge planes people travel around in, over nine hundred kilometres an hour. I wouldn't actually go that fast. It takes the most skilled riders to even attempt to stay on at that speed, most of the time the wind takes them of their dragon.

Rogan had hardly said anything since the 'magic'  I had done at the field. All he had said was 'follow me', and he started walking in the direction of a cliff where dragons and their riders take of and land.

We walked into the field and I noticed about ten riders there with their dragons. I recognised the two of them right away, one was the sword master, Leon, and the other was his daughter, Charole. I caught my breath as I remebered something, the newer dragon riders had been practicing on Charole's dragon, Lilly. Lilly was the smallest rideable dragon in the village, she only hatched a couple of months ago. She was also small for her age, so she was the perfect dragon to learn on, and don't mistake Lilly for a gentle dragon, she is one of the toughest dragons in existance. She easily topples larger dragons easliy and uses her size to get under another dragon's defences and take them out. In other words, she is a small dragon with a big bite.

Anyway, getting back to the point. This ment that I had a chance to meet, I mean actually officially meet, Charole. I gulped down my nervousness.

'Come on,' I thought, 'I talk to girls all the time.'

In truth I had always been nervous talking to girls, except when I actually knew them. 

I felt Reflamen reading my thoughts.

'Oooh, someone's in love,' said Reflamen tauntingly.

'Shut up,' I said back.

He didn't, 'Derrick and Charole sitting in a tree...'

I blocked the annoying dragon from my mind and took a deep breath, calming my nerves.

"Nervous are we," said Rogan with a smile, "Don't worry, it's easier then it sounds."

If only he knew.

We walked up to Charole and Lilly. She was leaning against Lillies side, fiddling with a throwing knife. When she saw us she pushed herself off her dragon and walked over to us.

"Hey," she said with a smile.

"Hey," replied Rogan, "Got a new rider. Want to give him some lessons on how to ride."

She looked over me with a studieing gaze, "Isn't he the new guy you had with you on Sophire on your return from Taknor city?" 

"Yep," replied Rogan with a smile, "and he's turning out to be quite an interesting individual."

"Is he now?" said Charole with a smile.

I was getting slightly annoyed with the fact that they were ingnoring me.

"Hi," I said, holding out my hand, "I'm Derrick."

Charole took my hand, she had a surprisingly furm grip, "Charole, pleased to meet you."

"Likewise," I said smiling.

"This is Lilly," she said pointing up at her dragon, "She'll be the dragon your riding today. She's ready and prepped, all you need to do is get on."

"Hi Lilly," I said raching up to touch her scales.

She snorted, but I didn't flinch. I knew she was just ammused at something, probably at what something Charole said. Her scales were smaller then Sophire's, and softer as well. 

I was about to climb onto her back when I remembered something that everyone had to do before mounting a dragon, even there own. I had to open my mind to her, but I couldn't, I couldn't let her no who I really was. It may sound strange but if I did show her then it would change the story, and I was afraid, that if that happened then everything would fall apart. The king would end up winning the war. Derrick would die, me, I might be sent back to my world and never return.

Lilly waited, she had seen me hesitate.

'What's wrong?' said a calm feminine voice in my head. I immediatly recognised as Lilly. 

A dragon didn't have to have access to someone's mind to talk to them, although it may seem like it. A dragon could talk to someone in there mind but the person's thought's still are shielded. The reason person must have an open mind to the dragon is so they can communicate without delay, which would be extremely important in a battle. A rider had to control the dragon with his mind, show it where to go and how to do it, rather then say where to go how to do it, because that would cause confusion. 

'It's hard to explain,' I replied back to her.

'Then open your mind and let me feel what you feel,'  She said.

Dragons are also extremely trustworthy, well most are. They are either really good or really bad, there is no inbetween. 

'That's the thing, I can't,' I said.

'Why not, you can trust me.'

'I know I can, but... well, it's hard to explain.'

'Then why don't you just get onto my back.'

'Because I know I have to open my mind up to you to be able to ride you propably.'

'Do you have secrets?'

'Of course I do, everyone does, but these are the types of secrets that when you tell them to someone, it might be extremely bad for me, and for the world.'

'No secret can affect the world.'

'Mine can.'

'Are you a bad guy?'

I heard the suspicion in her voice.

'No,' I replied, 'but this is something that no one should no.'

Another unique ability of a dragon is to detect lies, espcailly when talking in someone's mind.

'You can trust me,' she said again.

'I know I can trust you, but I can't trust what will happen if I tell you.'

'Why not?'

"Would it help if I said I know what's going to happen to you and your rider, I know what will happen to the king, I know what will happen to Derrick, I know what will happen to Rogan and Sophire, I know what will happen to this village. I know the name's of every traitor in your midsts and I know the names of all the spys you've sent out to Taknor. I know everything about you, how old you are, your name, your secret love, the way you react to certain things. I know everything. I know everything about Charole, her likes and dislikes, her personality. I know how all this is going to end. The reason I can't tell you is I'm afraid that you, knowing who you are, will change the way it's exsposed to be, it might be for the better, but I don't want to take the chance that it'll be for the worst.'

Lilly was silent for a few minutes. 

'You can tell the future,' she said.

'Sort of, it's more I know the worlds fate.'

'And it might change if I do something I'm not supossed to.'

'Yes.'

'Does everything end up all right.'

'Eventually.'

'Then I know I can trust you. I promise I will do nothing I'm not exposed to, even if it comes down to saving my rider's life. Even if it means the death of someone I'm close to, I promise I will not change it, if I'm not exposed to.'

'Dragon's promise?'

'Dragon's promise.'

A dragon's promise was a promise a dragon could not, under any circumstances, break, by punishment of death, not matter what they break it for. 

'Okay then,' I said.

Reluctantly I lowered my barriers to the dragon. She entered my mind, somewhat nervous. I smiled at her, then climbed onto her lower leg, and swung myself onto her back. We walked over to the edge of the cliff. I new what I wanted her to do.

'Are you sure?' she said.

'Oh yeah,' I said.

She spread her wings before jumping of the cliff, headfirst. She closed her wings by her side and we dove straight down.

"YAHOO!" I yelled as the wind rushed past my face.

I leaned forward in the saddle, keeping y body as close to her as I could, creating less drag. This also allowed a little more control. I gripped the saddle feicely with both hands. The wind made my hair fly all over the place, so it looked like my hair was a flag, swirling in the wind. 

We fell for over a hundred metres before she opened her wings slightly and started a shallow curve up from the dive. Just as we were about to hit the ground she leveled out and opened her wings and gave an almighty flap. We shot back into the air, climbing up at incredible speed, almost as fast as we were when we were going down. 

This time I lent back in the saddle, allowing more balance so that I wasn't pulled of by the jerking movement of the dragon beneath me. 

We shot passed the cliff flace, to the stunning sight of Charole and Rogan, both of them gaping in surprise. 

"Yahoo!" I yelled again and through one of my hands in the air. 

I then hurridly grabbed the saddle again as Lilly sharply banked. I lent the same way as she did, feeling her movement and flowing with it. The wind rushed past my face.

'This is grate,' I said to Lilly.

'That it is,' She said.

Although dragons flew often, they loved to fly, more then anything. 'A dragon without wings is like a human without legs', I liked to say. 

'You got that right,' said Lilly.

She flipped in the air and I stayed on easily. I laughed, I don't think I had ever had as much fun as right now. Lilly started to fly in large circles, climbing higher in the air as she did.

'Ready,' She said.

We were far above the platue, so far that it looked like a dot from where we were. I gazed into the distance and at the edge of the horizon I saw Taknor. I turned back to Lilly.

'Ready,' I replied.

I felt the enjoment coming from Lilly, she hadn't been able to fly like this for a long time. She closed her wings tightly to her side, then dropped head first towards the village. I wooped in enjoyment, Lilly let out a feroucious roar in response. Some of the villages looked up from what they were doing, one of the younger ones screamed. Just as we were about to crash into the building Lilly opened her wings slowing their fall dramatically, and she glided back to the landing area. We landed with a thud next to a bewilded Rogan and a smiling Charole.

I jumped of Lilly and onto the ground.

"That was AMAZING!" I said with a smile, "We went so fast, and the way she flew, WOW!"

"Thank you for the complement," said Charole, "You were amazing out there, a natural born rider, if I must say."

I blushed.

"Yes," said Rogan for the first time, "I don't think any newby could stay on a dragon long if they were going that fast, wow. You just continue to amaze."

"Thank you, sir," I said to Rogan with a smile.

'I want to fly with you,' wined Reflamen.

'Sorry buddy, you have to wait about a month before you're big enough to carry me,' I said, 'I can still pick you up myself.'

'Then I need to grow quicker, which means more food!' said Reflamen enthusiasticly.

I just shook my head.

"Well, I guess we're finished here, aah, you can have the rest of the day off, so whatever you wish. The training went far quicker then expected. Tomorrow, after you finish with magic, we'll get into the real stuff," said Rogan, "So go and have fun!"

I smiled at Rogan.

"Thanks!" I said and ran of into the village.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. Hoped you liked it, I probably dragged on a bit, but it helped explain some important infomation. Anyway, vote and comment. I would love to here your thoughts and Ideas. I start school again tomorrow (Noooo, not more homework :() See ya!

Pennator^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.6K 70
Imagine awakening with amnesia. Most would lose their mind and our Main Character is no different. Though he handles it better than most, his curiosi...
3.7K 237 14
Caleb has lived an ordinary life, for the most part. He has gone to school, made friends and travelled, yet Caleb has a secret, a big secret that cou...
204K 4.8K 74
Disclaimer: Mature themes, smut (marked by a black heart in the chapter titles) #1 frost giant 03/07/20 #3 lokixreader 12/23/19 #1 joutunheim 11...
625 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...