Old Flame Turned New Flame

By FramingTRS1996

Katie Cooper, younger sister of Eli Cooper. Brantley Gilbert, best friend of Eli Cooper. One night of "I miss... More

Back to Miss Becky's
Casa De Cooper
Mornings
Avoiding Me?
Nice To Meet You
Seriously?
NOT AN UPDATE
Birthday Dinner
Why Didn't You Tell Me?
Mine?
No One Lied.. Technically.
Going Home
When You Say Nothing At All
I Still Love Him
Battle Of The Exes
I See You
Like A Date?
Can I Trust You With My Heart?
Is This Really What You Want?

I'm Here Too

1.9K 79 15
By FramingTRS1996

When I woke up this morning I was so uncomfortable. I still had my damn dress on. I got up and changed into a pair of Nike pros and what I'm almost certain is one of Kris's old t-shirts that I accidentally kept. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and made my way to EB's room. To my surprise he wasn't in bed, he shouldn't be awake this early. I made my way downstairs and I heard Paw Patrol coming from the tv. I quietly snuck over to the couch and saw EB cuddled up Kolby. I smiled and quietly made my way into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. I turned the coffee pot on and looked at my phone. 2 texts and an Instagram notification from some magazine. Weird. I went on Instagram to check out what this was all about.

"We finally found a source to tell us who this little guy is that Brantley Gilbert has been parading around with. He is 3 year old Elijah Cooper and his mother is 25 year old Katie Cooper. We've done some digging and it looks like Brantley and Katie are long time friends. So the rumors of Brantley Gilbert having a secret love child are officially closed."

"What in the hell!?" I said a lot louder than I meant to, "That is bullshit and for them to tag MY Instagram so all these fangirls can follow me. That's just great."

"What're you going on about in here?" Kolby asked walking into the kitchen.

"This freakin magazine. I guess a lot of people saw EB with Brantley and rumors started flying and "a source", probably Jana, told them who EB is and who I am. They also gave my Instagram to millions of people." I said handing my phone to Kolby.

He was looking at my phone and then handed it back to me, "You really don't like her, do you?" Kolby asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe if she wasn't a bitch every time I talked to her things would be different."

Kolby nodded, "She is a bitch. Why do you think I'm here? After me and Brantley dropped you guys off and Brantley got you both to bed, we went home and Jana was so pissed at him. She was yelling and going on, I just left. I came back here and slept on the couch." Kolby said.

I shook my head, "Why was she so mad? You needed two people." I said.

"Because she doesn't like that Brantley has female friends. Besides mama, Ashley, and family she doesn't think Brantley should have any other females in his life." Kolby said.

"I'm basically family! Eli and Brantley have been friends since elementary school and I've known Brantley pretty much my whole life." I said getting frustrated.

"I know that and so does everyone else. Jana just doesn't see it that way because Brantley watches EB for you." He said.

"It's not my fault my son likes Brantley and Brantley likes my son. She's a piece of work. I don't see Brantley keeping her around very long." I said.

Kolby rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't know. The way he talks he really loves her."

I rolled my eyes, "Well that's just great."

"What do you mean?" Kolby asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing."

"I'm here too, Kat. Believe it or not if there is something you aren't saying I'm probably the best one to tell it to. I keep my mouth shut and I'm not even around here that much. I'm moving to Alabama next month to help dad on Brantley's deer farm." Kolby said looking me right in the eye.

"There's a lot everyone doesn't know and I'm not ready to tell it." I said.

Kolby nodded, "Wanna go for a ride? Mama is gonna be cooking all day and we don't wanna get in her way."

I smiled, "Where we goin?" I asked.

"Alabama." Kolby said.

"How are we gonna go to Alabama and be back by dinner?" I asked.

"Three hours there and three hours back. If we leave now we'll get there right around ten and we can leave at three to make it back here by 6:30." Kolby said.

I smiled, "Let's do it."

We scrambled around to get ready. Kolby got EB dressed and I packed some snacks and drinks. I went upstairs and just changed into a different shirt. We didn't even tell anyone where we were going we just up and left for Alabama.

-

We got to the deer farm a little after ten and Keith came outside. I guess he heard us pull up.

"Hey dad." Kolby said getting out.

"Who you got with ya?" Keith asked.

I looked up at him and acted offended, "Mister Keith! You don't remember me? I'm hurt."

Keith chuckled, "I'd know that voice anywhere. How ya doin Miss Katie Cooper?" He asked walking down the steps.

"I'm doin alright. I live in Georgia again. I'm actually living with Miss Becky for the time being." I said getting EB out of the back seat.

"I know this ain't that baby boy of yours." Keith said.

I smiled and EB just looked at Keith, "It is. He's not so much a baby anymore. EB say hi to your poppop Keith."

"Hi poppop Keith." EB said waving a little.

"Hey there Bubba. You wanna go see some deer?" Keith asked.

EB smiled from ear to ear, "You got deers!?" He asked excitedly.

"Whole farm full." Keith said smiling.

EB reached for Keith and Keith took him out of my arms, "I like deers." EB said.

"Well tell your mama and Kolby to come on so we can see them." Keith said.

"Mommy! KG! We go now." EB said sternly.

"We're comin bud." Kolby said grabbing his phone and walking over to us. The four of us went to the garage and Keith set us up with the four wheelers. I let EB ride with Keith since I know Keith won't be crazy with him on it and I was even nice enough to let Kolby drive the four wheeler. We rode out to a barn and got off the four wheelers.

"What's this?" I asked Kolby.

"It's where we keep does that are about to have babies." He said.

"Baby deer!?" I asked excitedly like a little kid.

Kolby laughed at me, "There's two or three in here right now."

I didn't think a deer farm would ever be so much fun. We fed the deer, got to pet them, hold babies, and EB got to sit on ones back. We rode around some of the fields looking at stuff and seeing some of the bugs bucks that were on the farm. By the time we got back to the house we had just enough to clean up and get changed for dinner.

"Mommy I ride with poppop?" EB asked.

"You'll have to ask poppop." I told him.

"Poppop! I ride with you? Please!?" EB asked.

"It's alright with me Bubba." Keith said picking up EB.

I got EB's car seat loaded up in Keith's truck and put some of his snacks in there.

"See ya at Becky's." Keith said giving me a hug.

"See you there." I said hugging him back, "Don't drive crazy with my baby in there." I warned him.

Keith just chuckled, "Kolby you be careful with my girl. You hear me?" Keith warned pointing a finger at Kolby.

Kolby nodded, "Yes sir."

We all loaded up and headed out to Becky's.

"Thank you for this." I said looking over at Kolby.

He glanced over at me, "You're welcome but you don't have to thank me."

"Promise to keep what I say in this truck?" I asked.

"Swear to it." Kolby said.

I sighed, "Kris isn't EB's dad."

"Don't slap me." Kolby said, "But I knew that. The kid looks nothing like him."

I kind of laughed, "He looks like me, well kind of." I said.

"Who is his daddy?" Kolby asked.

I thought about if I should tell Kolby or not, I mean this won't  just effect me. It will effect a lot of people in different ways, "I'm not ready to say yet but I will soon. I haven't even told EB yet." I said.

Kolby glanced over at me again, "You should tell him when you're ready to tell his real dad cause if you tell him before that then he's gonna wanna know and you'll feel rushed to tell his dad."

I looked at Kolby, "Why are you so smart?"

Kolby shrugged, "Not really sure."

-

When we got to Becky's it looked like everyone was about to start a search party, "Why can't anyone answer their damn phones!?" Brantley kind of yelled.

"I turned mine off so that's my excuse and EB doesn't have a phone so that's his excuse." I said.

"I was driving." Kolby said.

"No one called me." Keith said.

"Where did you go?" Becky asked.

"I took them to the deer farm." Kolby said, "Kat was stressin over something so I took her there to get her mind off it."

"What were you stressin over?" Becky asked.

"Brantley's fame. Apparently he's had eyes on him because there's been rumors about EB being his secret love child and this morning I got tagged in a post on Instagram where "a source" who knows me and EB put those rumors to rest. All of these fangirls have been requesting to follow me ever since."

Nobody really said anything after that, we all just kinda drifted away from the subject and went inside. Eli and Ashleigh got there a few minutes late but we hadn't even sat at the table yet.

Jana kept throwing dirty looks in my direction and it was really pissing me off. After thinking she's the source who put everything to rest it's just bothering me.

"Brantley can you say grace?" Becky asked.

Brantley nodded and everyone held hands. Brantley started saying grace and after he was done we all said Amen and dug in. Becky made chicken, dumplings, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and macaroni and cheese.

After dinner everyone found a spot in the living room to sit down. I was sitting next to Kolby and we were playing tic tac toe on his phone and Jana just kept giving me these dirty looks and I know Kolby saw them too.

"I'm gonna do it." I said softly.

"Don't." Kolby said back.

"I can't help it." I said.

"Chill." Kolby said.

Jana rolled her eyes when I glanced over, "That's it." I said standing up, "Do you have a problem with me or do you have a glaring problem? Because all damn night you've been cutting your eyes at me and I'm pretty sick of it." I said right to Jana.

Jana looked taken back and looked at Brantley for help. Brantley just help his hands up signaling he was staying out of it, "I just think it's funny that everyone bends over backwards for you when you aren't part of the family."

"Not part of the family? Oh honey please, I've known all these people in this room pretty much my whole life. Kolby and I are the same age. We graduated together. Eli, Ashley, and Brantley grew up together. Eli is my big brother who included me in everything he did so therefore I grew up with Brantley. I've known Becky and Keith for a long time. If anyone in this room isn't part of the family it's you." I said.

Jana just scuffed and rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Brantley let's go." Jana said standing up but when Brantley didn't move she looked back at him. Brantley looked around the room and stood up.

"We gotta go." He said. He told everyone bye and walked out with Jana.

Becky came to my side, "You did the right thing. Don't apologize for anything." She said.

"You read my mind." I said looking over at her.

Becky smiled, "Like you said, you're a part of this family."

___________________________

Don't normally do this but I want a little feed back on this chapter.

How did y'all like the Kolby/Katie bonding time?

The Jana/Katie confrontation?

Leave me a comment to let me know🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 665 39
˚ · . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." ╰┈➤ ✎ 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨...
618K 17.4K 44
Teenage years are supposed to be the best time of your life. Have fun, break the rules, fall in love, just living your life to the fullest. Your last...
253K 1.4K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
1.2M 57.3K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...