Mine

By zo1515

So this was supposed to be a short Dave X Dirk but some people wanted more so now there's some more plot. Pr... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Whats next?
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
What's next 2?
What's next 3?
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
What's Next 4?
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
What's Next 5?
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
What's Next 6?
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
What's next 7?

Chapter Thirty Three

93 4 2
By zo1515

"Yeah, he was smokin." I decide to humor Terezi. I mean maybe she's right and talking about it will help.

"Was he stupid?"

"No, not at all. He was really smart. Brilliant really."

"Then what happened?"

"It just didn't work out."

"Yeah but why?" I shrug and Terezi pokes my cheek. "Come on Dave. Spill it."

"I was kind of a rebound and he didn't see a future for us, so I broke it off."

"Yikes. Why'd you agree to be a rebound?"

"Because I really like him."

"Well it's over now and you can join the independent club with me."

"Ok Terezi, ok." She gets up and goes through the movies. She must find the one she wants because she smiles and heads over to the TV. Before I know it she has it started and is back on the couch resting her head in my shoulder again.

"So your gay?"

"Uh, I had a girlfriend before. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. What about you?"

"As far as I can tell I'm straight. But you never know until it happens. Now shush and watch the movie."

"Well you started talking first."

"Yeah, yeah." She waves her hand dismissively and then we both get involved in watching the movie. I catch her sneaking glances at me, but I ignore it. When the movie is over she changes it for a different one, but this time when she sits down she faces me. "Hey Dave?"

"Hmm?"

"I get it if you don't want to tell me, I had problems with my eyes. I mean I was blind. But why do you always wear shades?" Huh, I had completely forgot about my shades. I got so use to wearing them all the time after Dirk left that I didn't even notice.

"My eyes are red." I have no idea why I just told her that. I never want to tell anyone.

"Like albinism?" She tilts her head to the side.

"Not really, it's just my eye color."

"Can I see?" She smiles at me and I shrug.

"I guess so." I reach up and pull my shades off. Very slowly I open my eyes and she smiles. Then she turns her back to me for a few seconds. At first I'm a little hurt because I don't understand why, but when she turns back toward me I understand. She was wearing contacts, and her actual eye color is red too. "Wow, I never would have guessed."

"Mine are from my surgery. But I don't really mind them, because now I can see. But your eyes are so beautiful." She leans closer with a big soft smile. I feel my cheeks flame up and I glance at the TV.

"Uh thanks. What movies is this?"

"What?" Terezi glances at the TV and shrugs. "One of my exes movies. Like I said crappy movies are suppose to make you laugh."

"Mhmm." Terezi rest her head on my shoulder and gets comfortable.

"Hey Dave?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you'll move out here?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"Because I like hanging out with you. Your so sweet, and your just so different. I'd imagine you'd have to move out here if you want to keep directing."

"That's the plan."

"Do you need a place to stay?"

"Why?"

"Because I have an extra room at my house."

"That's really nice of you, but I don't think I can accept that."

"Why not?"

"I don't know." I honestly don't know. I mean I would absolutely love to, but it doesn't feel right. Living with Terezi? That doesn't even sound right. She'd be my roommate and I don't know if I'd even be able to afford living with her.

"Well think about it, and let me know before you leave for Texas. I'd love to have you staying with me."

"I'll uh, think about it then."

"Good." Terezi turns her body more towards me so it's like she's cuddling up to my arm. It's kind of weird. I feel like she's hitting on me a little bit. But I don't know, that could just be her personality. The movie turns out to be a crappy romantic film. Which I would totally not have brought with me if my friend just went through a break up. When this movie is over I yawn and rub my eyes. It's a struggle pulling my arm from Terezi's grip, but eventually she lets me go to change the movie again. When she sits down she sits down at the other end of the couch. "Lay down."

"But-" She grabs my arm and pulls me down so my head is in her lap. "Uh Terezi-"

"Shush. Trust me, you need this."

"I don't know."

"You say that a lot."

"I know." Terezi snorts. She turns my head toward the TV and starts running her fingers through my hair. She gently combs through knots and once she has all the knots out she starts massaging my head. It actually makes me chuckle. It sort of feels like I'm getting my hair done or something. Maybe like a head massage. She gently starts using her nails and it feels so good, but so different from when Dirk would do this. His nails were always trimmed short, because he worked all the time. Terezi's nails are sharp and long, and they kind of feel fake. I don't know if they are or not, a lot of girls just get fake ones anymore. But that doesn't mean she does too.

"Feels good huh?"

"Yeah." I sound like I'm about to fall asleep, and then I realize I really feel like I'm about to fall asleep. I hear Terezi's giggle, and that's the last thing I remember. When I wake up a few hours later a different movie is playing and Terezi just has her hands resting in my hair. I sit up and she reluctantly lets me go.

"Did you have a nice nap?"

"Yeah actually. How long was I asleep?"

"About two hours." I run a hand through my hair and stand up. I grab my wallet off the end table and head for the door. "What are you doing?"

"I need a drink, and there's a soda machine down the hall."

"Oh."

"Do you want something? I'll buy."

"Sprite." I nod and head out leaving the door open a crack. When I get to the soda machine I get two Sprites and head back. I hand Terezi her Sprite and she gives me a little thanks. I sit back down and crack open my Sprite. I finally get to wash the dryness out of my mouth and then I'm left sitting there with Terezi feeling awkward. She crosses her legs and stares intently at the TV.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep like that."

"Dave it's ok. I know, don't worry about it. You aren't having a great day, and I just want to help you how ever I can."

"Thanks. Your a really great friend." Terezi's face falls a little bit and I quickly look away pretending I didn't see. It just confirms my fear that she has a crush on me at least.

"Dave?"

"Yeah?" I'm dreading what ever she is about to say.

"Is a friend all you can ever see me as?" Damn it. Why did I know she was going to say something like that. How am I suppose to respond? She's really pretty, but I can't be with her after Dirk.

"Look I was with someone who just got broken up with and I felt like a rebound and it didn't work out. I wouldn't want to do that to you."

"I'm not asking to be your girlfriend. I'm asking if there is a slim chance maybe I could be in the future." I take a good look at her. Terezi is really sweet, and funny, and nice. Not to mention she's beautiful too.

"I'll have to say maybe for now. I would really love to, but I'm not ready yet."

"That's fine." Terezi smiles and curls back up next to me using my shoulder as a pillow. "As long as there's a small chance I could be with the wonderful Dave Strider, I'm happy."

"Cute."

"Right?" The rest of the night is spent watching the crappy movies she brought. Then she turns it to old cartoons, and before I know it I'm falling asleep again leaning against Terezi. I stop myself from falling all the way asleep when I realize she has fallen asleep. I turn off the TV and then pick her up. I take her to my bedroom and tuck her into bed before stealing a blanket and curling up on the couch. This Saturday was pretty lazy, but it was good. I needed it to be pretty lazy.

Now that Terezi is asleep I can think about Dirk. She's not here to stop me, so I just let my mind wander. I wonder why he kept calling me back. He can't possibly care that much, especially when he has Jake to go back to. I let tears well up in my eyes. I broke up with him, I shouldn't care this much. It just hurts. I don't know why I ever thought it could work out. Dirk is perfect to me. He has the best personality, and he's just so... Dirk. I let out a sigh and wipe my eyes where tears have started to fall.

What am I going to do without him? I can't stand to look at him after this. It's like we can't be brothers anymore. I knew it was going to be like this if we broke up. I know he didn't mean to do anything wrong, it's probably me again. But he couldn't tell me whether or not he saw a future for us, so I'm going to assume he can't. I don't want to waste my time with somebody who doesn't want a future with me. Now I don't blame Dirk. I understand why it was so hard for him. He cared more about morals than me, plus he just gotten broken up with recently. Not to mention I'm moody and take things the wrong way, a lot. But he still should have known better.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the whole reason Jake broke up with him was because they were getting too serious and Dirk didn't want to move with him. Maybe Dirk doesn't want to settle down anywhere else. I'd have to move out here, and Dirk doesn't want to start over like that. He's content where he is, even if it means he's alone. Ugh he's so stupid! I wipe my eyes again. I need to stop thinking about it. It's over and it doesn't matter anymore.

"Dave?" I hide my face in the blanket and hope Terezi thinks I'm sleeping. "I know your not sleeping. Come on, I'm not stealing your bed." I ignore her and she starts to pull on my hand. "You can keep the damn blanket over your face." She's awfully persistent, so I let her drag me back to my bedroom.

"You're too tired to drive home, and I don't want you to sleep on the couch." I pause in the doorway of the bedroom, and Terezi sighs.

"Your bed is big enough for at least four people so don't worry I won't cozy up to you."

"Terezi-"

"Dave shush." She grabs a hold of my shirt with one hand and with the other she pulls the blanket away from my face. I'm sort of forced to look her in the eyes and it makes me feel sort of childish. I end up slouching a little bit but I still have some height on her. "Dave I don't know what's going through your head, but you are too perfect for who ever hurt you."

"It's not that."

"Oh really?" She puts her hand on my face and wipes away a stray tear. I shrug and look away from her. "Why don't you want to tell me?" Probably because Dirk is my brother. Gamzee was high and didn't really understand, but Terezi is in her right mine. I can tell her a lot about Dirk, but if I tell her too much and she ever meets him she's smart enough to figure it out.

"The reason his first boyfriend broke up with him is because he wouldn't move in with him. He doesn't want to move and if I move out here, he won't come with me. That's why he can't see a future for us."

"Did he say that?"

"No but-"

"Don't assume it Dave. Talk to him, it's probably better to in person. Right now get this ending done, then fly out there and talk to him. Let things cool down right now. You'll be back there in about three days. Talk it out then and you never know maybe it'll work out."

"I don't know."

"Just do it you brat." Terezi gives me a little smile and pushes my bangs out of my face. "I think you need a trim."

"Nah." Terezi giggles and then grabs my hands.

"Tomorrow I'm going to trim your hair, now you're going to sleep." She leads me to the bed and tucks me in on one side while she gets under the sheets on the other side. For the first time in a long time I'm actually able to fall asleep. It's probably because I have someone sleeping next to me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 546 17
This is a story I've written on a different website and decided to post it on here if any of you wonder why it's on more than one website. Please tak...
73.1K 2.9K 45
(SOME CHAPTERS ARE BEING EDITED BTW!!) I am cringe. But I am free. Sorry I keep deleting stories, half the times it's cuz loss of motivation, I don'...
1.7K 219 30
**COMPLETED** (NOT TOTALLY EDITED.., SO PLEASE IGNORE MY MISTAKES.) What happens when 2 long lost lovers come across each other after 10 fuckin' year...
655 21 15
Karkat Vantas. A very unpopular, short, and short-tempered troll. He tries desperately to make it through his first year in a human school, but with...