Concrete (OHSHC)

By Dark__Fairy

Kai Sakura never thought stumbling into a random room would affect her life so much. Follow Kai and as she go... More

Character Introduction
Wrong Room
I Get Rich Stalkers
The Stalkers Lair
American's Are Weird
Another Day at the Host Club
She's a...Renge
Beginning of a Tale
Tea and Entertainment
Beach
Host Rangers
Adopted Daughter (not)
Forgot
200 Follow Special
Up in Heaven
The Haruhi Harem (Pt1)
300 Follower Special
Guess that Meaning! Test Run Contest
1st Place!
The Haruhi Harem (Pt 2) The Date (I Told You It's Not a Date!)
Red
Tamaki vs Ritsu May the Biggest Idiot Win
400 Follow Special: How Ayame and Kyoya Got Together
Very Disappointed
The End of a Child's Tale
I'm Free
The End
Thank You!
Christmas Special
Reader Appreciation Week
Survey
Final Update ❤︎

Concrete

4.6K 216 263
By Dark__Fairy

Kaoru frowned as ___ was surrounded by younger kids and Hikaru who had tried to pull her away but ended up arguing with a 5 year old.

"Onee-chan likes me better than you!" The boy stuck his tongue out.

"No she doesn't!" Hikaru yelled, "She likes me better!"

"H-Hikaru calm down." ___ said chuckling nervously.

Hikaru growled as the little boy smirked smugly.

"Can I have a hug Onee-chan?" He asked innocently.

The blue eyed girls heart melted and she beamed and pulled the little boy into a hug.

The girl always had a soft spot for cute things and kids, though she would never admit it. Hikaru already teased her about being girly at times.

Kaoru pouted unconsciously. It wasn't fair. He hadn't seen ___ in a month and now that they were finally hanging out these kids up and stole her away.

"Eh? Kaoru what's wrong?" The girl asked with a frown.

"Nothing." He sulked.

The little girl pondered for a moment.

Dark clouds over head? Check.
Sulky tone? Check.
Pouting? Check.

"Kaoru, are you jealous~?" ___ asked deviously.

"N-no!"

"Aww you're so cute!" the little girl beamed and tackled him in a hug.

The poor boy spluttered and blushed while Hikaru was engaged in a mature disagreement.

"You're so stupid!" He roared.

"I know you are but what am I?" The little boy smirked smugly.

"YOU LITTLE-"

"Hikaru!" ___ cried, standing up and walking his head.

"Ow! What?!?"

"You don't yell at younger kids." She lectured.

"B-But he-"

"Apologize."

"Sorry." Hikaru muttered.

"Good boy!" She chirped and patted his head, before turning her attention back to the annoying brats.

Hikaru and Kaoru pouted together on a bench and glared at the kids.

Extremely aware that annoying brats like them would probably forever outrank them with ___.

How sad...

"Honey-senpai are you alright?" I frowned as a gloomy short boy walked into me. If you're wondering how I knew it was Honey, who else do you know is that short and whines about cakes?

"N-no. They s-said I c-couldn't eat any m-more c-cake Kai-chan!" He wailed.

I pet his head awkwardly as he clung to my dress.

"Where's Mori-senpai?" I asked gently.

"Dunno..."

"Don't you want to find him?" I asked.

"N-no! He's being a m-meanie!" He cried.

I felt a blush rising up and my heart warmed. 'C-Cute...' I thought, hiding my face.

'Be strong Kai!' My mind screamed.

"K-Kai-chan? Can I h-hug you?" Honey asked innocently.

Twitch, twitch.

I kneeled down and buried the smaller boy in my arms. 'S-So c-cute!'

"Um Kai? What exactly are you doing?" Alyssa's voice asked in confusion.

"Hugging Honey-senpai."

"Why?"

"He's cute."

"Y-You think so K-Kai-chan?" Honey sniffled.

"Yes." I said with no hesitation.

"Uwah! I feel better already~! Thanks Kai-chan~!" Honey's beam was clearly evident in his cheerful voice. "I'm going to go find Takashi! You're my favorite Kai-chan!" He cried, pecking my cheek before bouncing away.

"Hey Kai~?" Alyssa sang mischievously. "I thought blushing like a tomato was my thing~?"

"Shut up. Kaoru told me you and Hikaru almost kissed." I growled.

"HE SAW?!?" She cried before her footsteps bounded away.

I smirked victoriously. Even blind girls have their secret eyes.
__________________________

"When did Alyssa and Hikaru become a thing?" I asked Haruhi, innocently aware Alyssa was setting places nearby.

A clang rewarded me along with an, "Romano-san be careful!"

I'm sure my face showed nothing but a facade of innocence but inwardly I was laughing deviously.

"I wasn't aware they were dating?" Haruhi played along, just as someone passed by.

I heard his footsteps freeze.

"I had inner sources tell me Hikaru and Alyssa almost kissed if not for the third wheel host club. Seriously, get a hobby guys."

"Kyaaaa! Hikaru is blushing!" The fangirls squealed.

"Isn't that outlawed Kyoya-senpai?" Haruhi asked in amusement.

"Hm, as long as they keep work and private life separated I don't see a problem." I jumped as his voice appeared from behind me.

"Why didn't you become a ninja Mr. Ootori?"

"Because I have a much more efficient way to get rid of competition Ms. Sakura." His entire being reeked with darkness.

"Mommy why are you writing that in your notebook?" Tamaki asked innocently.

"Because this man annoyed me." Kyoya said simply.

"MOMMY IS SCARY!" He wailed.

"Was it that man who was looking at the same vacation home we were?" I asked, mentally laughing as Tamaki squawked at being ignored.

"Hm yes. He's quite irritable." Kyoya hummed.

"I guess we won't see anymore of him then?" I questioned in a amusement.

"No, don't worry about it. It will seem he has simply...disappeared."

"I expect nothing less Mr. Ootori."

"This changed from Alyssa and Hikaru having an affair to Kai and Kyoya-senpai plotting murder. Don't you guys have guests to attend too?" Haruhi interrupted irritably.

"Host club ended when they overheard Kyoya-senpai and Kai plotting homicide and ran for their life." Hikaru pointed out.

"Ah, really? Terribly sorry Mr. Ootori."

"Hm, club hours were almost over anyhow." Kyoya waved off nonchalantly.

"Ok, what is up with you guys relationship?" Haruhi blurted out.

"What about it?" I questioned, tilting my head in confusion.

"First of all, you've been the most friendly than I've seen either of you act with my one else other than your respective best friends." Haruhi began.

"Kyoya-senpai invited Kai to stay for dinner to talk about business which he never does for anyone else." Hikaru jumped in.

"They plot murder together." Tamaki said wary recognition.

"And they just chased away customers and Kyoya-senpai didn't get mad!" Kaoru said in shock.

"And they always rally like they are flirting..."

"ARE YOU ENGAGED?!?" Tamaki suddenly wailed.

"Yes." Kyoya and I said at the same time.

"WHAAAAAAAT?!?"

"Sorry, just kidding." I laughed. "Kyoya and I are cousins."

"C-Cousins? But you aren't anything alike!" Hikaru protested.

"Well, they both have that ruthless air about them." Haruhi pointed out.

"And their families work in the same field."

"They also plot murder."

"And smile tightly when they don't like someone."

"Okay, I think we get that we are both evil. Moving on." I interrupted scowling.

"I see the resemblance now." Kaoru snickered.

"You are extremely annoying." I muttered.

Suddenly the doors slammed open. I felt a dark aura and shifted nervously. "Is this my cue to leave?" I whispered anxiously.

"No. It's time for you to get mixed into the hosts craziness." Haruhi, grabbed my wrist before I could shoot out the door.

"But I don't want to." I protested.

"Oh well." I sighed and slumped in my seat.

"Honey-senpai? Honey-senpai are you-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Tamaki screamed.

I heard a few words exchanged before loud outburst caused me to jump.

"TAKASHI YOU BIG MEANIE!" A loud thump was heard and I winced, that sounded like it hurt...

"Honey-senpai!" Tamaki called and the door was slammed shut.

"Kai can you go look for him?" Tamaki begged.

I stared in his direction incredulously.

They wanted to send a blind girl to go look for someone. Are they making fun of me now?

"Please!!!" He whined.

I sighed, definitely making fun of me. Bastards.

"Fine. I just wanted to go home but nooo." I muttered under my breath.

"Deal with it. I go through this everyday." Alyssa said smugly.

"Don't make out with Hikaru while I'm away. Kaoru will tell me."

Alyssa spluttered and the tea set she was most likely holding rattled noisily.

"Mhm." I hummed before feeling my way to the door.

I heard sniffling just a few doors down and my heart clenched.

Stay strong Kai. No matter how cute he is. Don't give in to the urge to baby him!

"Waaaah Kai-chan!"

Never mind. F*** it. Give into the urges and be d*** proud of it.

So that is how I ended up coddling him.

He didn't mind or so he said later.

Right now he was sniffling into my dress mumbling apologies like a mantra.

"I-I didn't m-mean t-to! H-He was just b-being so m-mean!" He cried.

"You know he was trying to help in his own way." I soothed.

"I-I know..."

"And you know Tamaki-senpai doesn't taste very good."

"He tastes like desperation." Honey agreed.

I died internally. Desperation? For Haruhi maybe?

"So if you know you were wrong just go and apologize. They'll forgive you."

"R-Really?"

"Do I even need to answer that?" I smiled despite myself. I wonder what they looked like.

Was Honey as childish in appearance as personality?

Was Mori as stoic and strong as his voice indicated?

Was Tamaki as charming in looks as girls claimed him to be?

Did the twins really look that much alike?

Did Haruhi really look like a boy?

"Thanks Kai-chan. I'll go apologize soon." I smiled at the blank darkness where Honey had to be. Just beyond the concrete that separated me from the rest of the world.

The concrete that separated me from them, the silly hosts, my puppy like friend, and my mother.

The concrete that separated me from any hope of normalcy.

You would think after 8 years, encased in this suffocating, rough concrete, the pain and desperation would dull.

Yet, 8 years later here I am. The words still tear into me. The reminders still spread the gaping wounds. And the knowledge that I would probably never be normal bleeding me dry.

Damn, it hurts.

A pain few would know.

Only those who ate trapped along with me have felt it. The rising throb of need to be free from a life and unending darkness.

There was only one thing I was afraid of after all this time. I simple childish fear that, if I was normal, I would laugh alongside of those who thought how pathetic it was. And I wouldn't  agree.

~Flashback to 'Beach'~
"Hey Kai-chan~!" A voice sang before wrapping around my leg.

"Yes Honey-senpai?" I asked, tracing through my book absentmindedly.

"Are you afraid of anything?" He asked innocently.

I raised an eyebrow,"what brought on that question?"

"Mm well we spent all day trying to find out with Haru-chan is afraid of so I was curious~! If it makes you feel better I'm afraid of the dark~"

I hummed lightly. "I'm afraid of the dark too senpai."

He was silent for a moment.

"Kai-chan, don't you only see the dark?"

"That's right."

"Then how do you deal with it?" He asked innocently.

"I don't deal with it. I'm scared every second of everyday. I've only learned how to hide that fear."

"You're so strong Kai-chan..." He murmured in awe.

"No I'm not senpai. I'm actually, really weak."

I was too weak to break through the dark, black, and blank concrete. Sooner or later I'll eventually suffocate.

__________________________

Ayame: Well that just turned depressing. Great jooob Author.

Me: DAFUQ YOU DOING HERE! YOU LITTLE S***! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN TAMAKI'S SISTER!

Ayame: I got bored 😑

Me: *flips table* that's not my problem!

Ayame-*scoffs rudely*

Me: Why you little...

Ayame: Happy 4th of July!

Me: YOU AREN'T EVEN AMERICAN! YOU'RE FRENCH AND JAPANESE!

Ayame: your point?

Me: I'M SUPPOSED TO SAY IT!

Ayame: Then say it -.-

Me: Happy 4th of-

Ayame: Ouran High School Host Club, Alyssa, and the 4th of July do not belong to the PMSing author. Please like and leave a comment Kai Sakura and Ayame Suoh do in fact belong to the author. Goodbye~!

Me: WHY YOU LITTLE *beeeeeep*

The following has to be sensored for younger viewers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 10K 38
Ranked #1 in ohshcxreader 02-24-19. Due to family issues, you have to live with your cousin Haurhi. It isn't so bad, going to such a rich kid school...
136K 3.2K 40
(Choose your host style.) (Y/N) (L/N) is an old friend of Tamaki's who moves to Japan. She's quite odd, but the Host club comes to love her. She eve...
59.8K 910 18
Your Haruhi's older sister. You in the same year as Honey and Mori. What will happen when You get to help Haruhi pay off her debt? You become a host...
9.4K 235 20
[DISCONTINUED] A/N: Not y'all still reading this in 2022- New student? Check. Not-so-rich girl? Check. Hates wearing giant yellow dresses? Check. We...