A Case of Identity [Sherlock...

By Wholockeddemigod123

Sherlock Holmes is back from 'exile', as his plane comes back in to land so he can be reunited with John, Mar... More

Prologue - The Return from Exile
Part 1 - The Cereal Killer
Part 2 - Who's Child?
Part 3 - The Ethanol Solution is the Solution
Part 4 - A Rubbish Kidnapping

Epilogue - A New Beginning

38 4 14
By Wholockeddemigod123

The lounge shone bright in the afternoon sun, as Mary brought a jug of water into the room. Sherlock and John were sat next to each other on one sofa, and one of the two dogs was sat on the other. Mary set down the jug, before moving the dog off of her sofa.

"Help yourselves, boys." Mary gestured to its contents. "Where is Harriet?" She looked around the room, frantically looking for her child.

"She's in the playroom," Sherlock said, pouring himself some water.

"Playing with the dog," John added. "She seemed pretty happy when I left her five minutes ago-"

A blood-curdling howl erupted from the direction of the playroom, along with distinctive child's laughter. Sherlock was the first to his feet, jumping over the sofa in his attempt to get to Harriet.

She was standing in a pool of red, thick, liquid covering the carpet. With smudged blood on her face and a smile, she turned her head to face them. The dog was dead. A knife in Harriet's hand. A smile on her face as if it was her birthday.

"Look, Daddy." Blood dripped from the knife as she uttered her first words. "I killed the dog for you! Aren't I clever? You must be so proud of me!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.4K 37
August was thirteen years old when her life changed completely. Living in Ireland all her life, she was surprised to learn everything she thought was...
15.7K 898 21
To see life fade from your loved one, to not feel their pulse, breaks you and you can never fix it however hard you try, it can never be fixed for as...
16.7K 505 8
Sherlock couldn't believe what he was hearing: what she was asking was the impossible, wasn't it? Closing his eyes again he tried to say it the way...
1.8K 98 3
John wants to get the attention of a woman studying psychiatry, so he convinces Sherlock to do a simple 2 hour question and answer session with him f...