Intertwined and Unexpected

By shatteredworlds

Amberlynn is the most popular girl in school. She has everything; the perfect boyfriend, the perfect family... More

Chapter 1: Amberlynn
Chapter 2: Chloe
Chapter 3: Amberlynn
Chapter 4: Chloe
Chapter 6: Chloe
Chapter 7: Amberlynn
Chapter 8: Chloe
Chapter 9: Amberlynn
Chapter 10: Chloe
Chapter 11: Amberlynn
Chapter 12: Chloe
Chapter 13: Amberlynn
Chapter 14: Chloe
Chapter 15: Amberlynn
Chapter 16: Chloe
Chapter 17: Amberlynn
Chapter 18: Chloe
Epilogue: Amberlynn

Chapter 5: Amberlynn

175 5 3
By shatteredworlds

A/N: Danielle

So, there was this glich or something where half of this chapter disappeared. Luckily, I had it saved in my computer. The only thing is, some parts might not make sense, because it wasn't easy getting it from my computer to here.

Just a fair warning for all y'all out there.

----------------------

I close the front door lightly, pulling out my phone and texting my mom that I was at the mall with a new... friend.

Is that what Chloe was? I friend? The thought was odd to me. I ruined her life. We could never have a perfect reletionship. As they say, trust is like a piece of paper. Once its ruined, it will never be perfect again.

Chloe's face was pink. I think she was still embarassed she came over to my house, but it might just be the cold biting at her cheeks. I didn't believe she did this. I mean, she had to know that I did that to her. Porta-potties don't just fall. I think we all know that. But for some reason, everyone trusted me. They didn't think that I would be mean enough to knock someone in a porta-potty over.

I still didn't believe I did that.

"So, the mall, right?" I asked Chloe as we walk down the street.

She nods curtly, her feet glued to the pavement.

"You know," I told her, "You can exchange a few words with me. I don't want to be talking the entire time."

She nodded curtly again, them realized her mistake. "Yes," she said in a tight voice.

"Chloe, look. You and I... don't have the best history. You know that. We don't particularly like each other, but that doesn't mean that we hate each other."

Think about that paper of trust, Amberlynn, I thought to myself. If it rips, there's no chance of survival.

"True," Chloe approved, nodding her head slowly. "But does that mean we have to be friends? Not to be rude or anything, but I don't really want to leave my friends."

"You could be like that friend of yours," I prompted. Wait, what was I doing? Was I trying to convince her to be friends with me? "Um, what's her name... Alexi, right? She comes at sits with us sometimes 'cause she's friends with Maria. So, couldn't you do the same?"

Chloe got a confused look on her face. "I guess, but Amberlynn, we aren't even friends yet."

Yet, I repeat to myself. I smile slyly and look at her. "You said we aren't even friends yet." I mentioned, emphasis feeling nessesary.

She shrugged and her ears tinged a slight red, but I could tell it wasn't because of the cold. Did she want to be friends?

Did I want to be friends?

All these questions raced through my mind as we turned to corner and the small strip mall came into sight. It was long and thin, looking like it was made out of logs. But I knew better. It was probably fake logs, because that was a lot of wood for southern New York.

"Do you have money with you?" I asked her. I always had my silver credit card with me. You never know when something like this would come up.

"Yeah," she said, pulling a gold credit card out of her pocket.

I pulled out my silver one. "Look! They kind of match!" I exclaimed.

Chloe laughs. "Right."

I shrugged. "At least I didn't bring the money I got working at the strip club," I joked.

Chloe's wide eyes mean that she didn't pick up on my sarcasm. "Are you serious?"

I put my hands on my head in exasperation. "No, I'm not serious! I would never work at a strip club!"

Chloe sighed relief. "I really need to get used to your sarcasm as humor."

I nodded my head. "Yup."

We walked for a little and I saw a Sephora. I put my hands above my head agian, this time in happiness.. "Yes!" I reached back and grabbed Chloe's hand. "I need to show you just how beautiful you can be."

"Huh? Amberlynn? What are you doing?" Chloe asked suspiciously.

"I'm going to make you a star!" I quote from Aladdin.

Chloe looked at me, more confused than ever. "I repeat; What are you doing?"

I stare at her, highly unamused.

"Just shut up and follow me."

~.~

Chloe really wasn't that bad looking. She was built like me, but man, Chloe was little. She had to be less than 5 feet tall. I, myself, am 5' 6", and I think it's a good height. But this girl? We both have small frames.

Chloe had a little extra eyebrow. Not like caterpillars crawling on her face or anything, but they could use some touch up.

I grabbed some tweezers and kept walking, Chloe close behind, still confused that she was getting a makeover.

I also got some crazy sparkley eyeliner, mascara, concealer and coverup.

"To the bathroom! They're actually really nice, you'd be surprised," I mentioned to Chloe after puchasing my items.

We walked around and found a bathroom. Chloe was about to walk in. "Wait!" I shout, pulling out my phone. "We will need a before and after of this."

Chloe stood awkwardly in front of the bathroom, then struck the worst pose I have ever seen. You know, the one with the hands behind your butt out really far.

I smiled and shook my head, snapping the photo. I'd make sure to delete this picture as soon as we're done with this make-over.

"Star making time!" I exclaimed, grabbing her wrist again and pulling her into the bathroom.

There was a little girl washing her hands, taking her time as she rubbed the soap in her hands to make lavender smelling bubbles.

"Beat it, kid," I say harshly, doing my best to scare the girl out.

She looks at me wide eyed and runs out, leaving the water running and soap on her hands.

"Lynn," she said in a mom-voice.

"It's Amb-" I stopped talking. No one had called me Lynn in such a long time. It was the girl I left behind me, so long ago. The girl recently I wanted to be again. Maybe it was in the name, who you were.

What if Amberlynn was a name for a bitch? A girl that did things she regreted but never admited it? Someone that would forget things on purpose to be the cutest she could be?

What if that girl was me?

"What?" I asked.

Chloe looked at me surprised, her yet-to-be-perfect eyebrows arching up. "You let me call you Lynn. You only like being called Amberlynn." She shook her head. "Whatever. You just kicked a little girl out of a bathroom! People can't do that to little girls!" She shouted.

I scratched my forehead saying, "I guess I do."

Chloe looked at me in disbelief. "I can't believe you!" She threw her arms up in exasperation. "You are a hopeless cause!"

"Well, I already knew that."

She shook her head. "You don't have to be like this. You can change."

I smiled at her. "Ah, but you see, you're the one here getting a makeover. Look whose changing now!" I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Okay," she said to me patiently. "I'm open to change. Just get on with my new face."

I gave her famous smile.

"Gladly."

~.~

"And, we're..." I say, putting the last touches on her makeover.

I sat back and smiled. "Done."

Chloe spun around after, turning to her perfect face in the mirror. Her eyes widened and asked, "And I only have to put on a little makeup in the morning to look like this?"

Chloe's lips looked fuller and her skin was flawless; her eyes looked bigger and her eyebrows were high and arched.

I nodded. "Yeah, not too much, but, you know... Some days more than others."

She eyed the bag. "Can I...? Um, keep-"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, you can keep the magic utensils used to make people beautiful."

She smiled, her eyes twinkling wildly. "Thank you," she said, and added afterwards. "I thought I was the lost cause for a little while."

I chuckled. "Hell no, we already knew that I was the one that's cause was lost." I turn from her, the tears stinging in my eyes. Why was I getting so emotional? I don't cry. At least I haven't in a long time.

"Well, yeah," Chloe says, turning back to the mirror and looking closely at her face.

"No one knows anything about my past," I whisper to myself. It felt like I didn't these days.

How could I forget things that were so dear to me? Things that made me who I was, who I am now. No one could know. I changed so much since then. Since those days where I sat alone at lunch. No one knew my name. No one knew my face.

Nobody paid attention to me in class, not even the teacher. I was always working alone, or the last one picked in gym.

"What?" Chloe asked me. "Did you say something?"

"No," I say, my smile returning. I had to fake it for a little longer. "Just missing my me-time; I really needed it."

I could hear her roll her eyes. "Yeah, well, sorry some girl decided she was going to take advantage of some chick that told her to call her."

"You know," I mentioned. "I didn't take the pictures of your house. And I didn't make a post about it all. You know, on Facebook."

Chloe sighed, and turned to me. "Do I look like I care anymore? I'm trying to make this friendship work, and so are you."

I smiled at her. "It's not a friendship yet. You know that. There are still too many secrets and lies floating in the air between us."

Chloe shrugged. "I think you want to keep it that way."

I didn't know anymore. I felt like I could trust her.

However, I wasn't sure if she trusted me.

But really, was she ever going to trust me fully? I didn't know if she would have in the first place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 144 60
chloe is a teen girl. nobody really likes her from all the girls from the orphanage . all her friends are guys. she is always hoping she would get a...
11.2K 426 27
have you ever thought about how mark jefferson got away with everything for so long? maybe he just needed someone to dig up his secrets. maybe that...
1.4K 213 10
When Amber, a seventeen years old girl with perfect grades, great friends, and an organized life, stumbles against her total opposite called Z...
12 0 4
Chloes lived a life of sin, disappointment and secrets. The longer she goes on with her life the more complicated it seems to get. She lies to everyb...