Notes of Love [EreRi/RiRen]

By iSilverEmpress646

In the current world, each person is connected to their soulmate by music. A person would hear the last music... More

Chapter 1: A Good Night

Chapter 2: It's Not Called "Jealousy", It's Called "Weirded Out"

138 9 14
By iSilverEmpress646

Eren's POV

My grip on the pick loosened lightly as I strum the last note on the electric guitar. The song we sang had quiet down and everything eventually fell in to silence before somebody spoke.

"Great job, everybody,"

I looked towards the blonde man and gave him a small smile, "It was pretty good, except for horseface, you suck," I said, glaring at the two-toned man sitting by the drum set.

"Shut up, you bastard," he snapped back at me.

I walked over to my guitar case and put my guitar down. Mikasa and Armin followed suit. The ravenette sets down her dark blue bass guitar before turning to me.

"So, how's Levi?" she asked, without turning back I gave her an answer, "Yeah, I guess he's okay? I don't really talk to him that much, plus, he's such a boring person. All he does is play those classical music."

Mikasa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, and somehow, it reminds me so much of Levi. What am I saying, it's not like I have a crush on him or anything.

"You know, he has a performance on tonight," she said, returning to her case to inspect her instrument.

I perked up at her words, "He has a performance? Is that why he's been pretty much isolated in the music room for the entire week?" I said, before adding more words, "Not like I care, or anything,"

"Eren," Armin started, looking up from his guitar, "Do you have a crush on, Levi?" he asked. Jean snorted, "The bastard has a crush on his housemate."

"I do not!" I shouted, feeling the blood rush to my cheek. Why would they even think that I have a crush on that man? These people are delirious.

"Come on, Eren. Stop lying." Armin said in teasing tone and I can feel my face heat up more.

"I'm not lying, Armin. There's no way that I'm going to crush on him. No offense, Mikasa."

"Then why are your ears red?" My hands moved up to cover both of my ears, sending a glare towards Armin's direction.

"Stop it, will you? I don't like him and he doesn't like me either, let's keep it that way." I firmly said, and that seems to shut the both of them up.

It wasn't until another five minutes before one of us spoke again, "Hey, Eren, do you mind me coming over tonight after our performance?" It was Mikasa that talked.

"Uh, no, I don't mind, come whenever you'd like, I guess...?" I said, coming off to a question at the end. Well, I am right, right? It was his brother's house to begin with.

Shrugging the topic off, I closed my guitar case and picked it up before looking at them. "Let's go get some dinner."

*****

Dinner didn't turn out as pleasant as I wanted it to be. With Jean's and I's bickering, Mikasa acting like my Mom and Armin laughing at the sight, it was far from the idea of what an ideal dinner should be.

"Shut the fuck up, Jean or I'll shove those drumsticks of yours down your throat," I hissed at him with a glare in which the bastard returned with a smug look on his face.

"Why? Getting pissed off now, are you? Why don't you just admit that you have a thing for—"

I stood up from my seat and reached over to the other side to reach Jean but before I can, Mikasa grabbed my shirt and pulled me down. "Eren, stop."

Jean snorted and crossed his arms over his chest, the smug look on his face never leaving. "You can't even disobey Mikasa, that's okay though. We don't want to have your ass beaten up by me, do we?"

"Shut up, Jean. If not for the performance tonight, Mikasa would've let the both of you smash each others' skulls. In which I believe, Eren would triumph."

A smug look took over my features as Jean's look morphed into disdain at hearing Armin's words. Hah, eat that, horseface, eat your hay.

After we ate, we went to the place where we're going to perform. We were always playing for more than a month now (name) Bar every night and since then we were gaining popularity.

When we arrived at the bar, the place's already crowded. We went to one of the rooms that are reserved for employees and started to prepare our instruments.

"How do you think tonight's show will turn out?" Armin's timid voice rang out in the silence and I looked up from my guitar to look at him across the room.

"Armin."

He broke his gaze from his guitar and turned to look at me. I let an encouraging smile grace my features to assure the blonde.

"Don't worry, Armin. You're always asking that every night and I'm sure that, as always, it'll turn out great. Don't fret, you'll do an amazing job, I can feel it," I said, the smile on my face turning brighter as I watched him nod, a determined look replacing the anxious one he had earlier. "Good."

I returned my gaze to my guitar, checking and tuning each strings and after a few more minutes one of the staffs knocked on our door. I watched it as it open and a girl peeked her head inside.

"Your performance will start in three minutes."

"Thanks."

The girl left and closed the door and we all stood up, our instruments in hand before we left the room and went to the stage.

We all settled in our usual places, I sat in front with Armin on my left and Mikasa on my right, horseface sitting near Mikasa. Since tonight we'll play acoustics, Mikasa will handle the keyboard instead of her bass guitar and Jean will be using Cajon Drum.

Clearing my throat , I tapped the mic twice, catching the attention of the audience. I held the neck of my guitar and adjusted the mic before I started speaking. "Uhm, good evening. We're __________, and we are here to perform for you guys tonight. We hope that you'll enjoy it!"

I looked at Mikasa, the band's bassist and keyboardist, and gave her a nod to send her a signal. She started pressing the keys and I cleared my throat once again, preparing myself to sing.

"It feels just like it was yesterday
We were in love, why's it falling apart
I've never been one to walk away
But I've had enough and it's breaking my heart

The other people who isn't listening earlier started to watch us when we started playing and I can feel my pulse quickening because of excitement.

"Cause I want it bad, I want a bad girl, baby, bad
I want a love that's crazy, yeah
I want a bad girl, baby, bad, I want it bad

As the song proceeded, I also started playing my guitar, Armin also started to play his guitar and Jean started to make some beats out of his drum.

"I want a girl who stays out too late
And when I call, she doesn't answer the phone
Oh, I want a girl who likes it her way
And through it all, I know I'll end up alone

Yeah yeah, you love me just the way that you should
It's nothing that you do, no no, it's nothing you say
Oh pretty baby, I know that you're good
But I don't want a good girl, no not today, mmm"

When the song started to get a bit more lively, some people started to clap along, Armin doing the second vocals, and I can see some who are singing along.

"I'm getting sick of predictable, tired of acting logical
Oh yeah, I gotta shake it up tonight
Yeah girl I want something physical
Not something invincible, oh yeah
I'm tired of being good, let's be bad"

My eyes landed on a girl in front of me, staring directly at me with her mouth slightly open. I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable but I didn't show it and winked at her instead. Her face started to get red before she practically ran away.

What was that?

Ignoring what happened, I just returned my attention to the crowd.

"Yeah, I want it bad, I want a bad girl, baby, bad
I want a love that's crazy, yeah
I wanna fight, I wanna rock and roll and party all night
Yeah, I want it bad"

When the song ended, the crowd clapped and whistled, making a wide smile grace my face. I looked at the others and the same look was on their face, totally happy with the audience's response.

"Let's get this show going!"

*****

After we finished the show which consists of us singing a total of seven songs and a little chat with the audience, we took our final bow and left the stage. We went straight to the room we stayed at earlier in silence, closing the door before our cheers exploded.

"Shit, man, that was one of the best performance we ever had!" Jean shouted in amazement, hands flailing widely.

"Yeah, the audience was so cooperative and lively," Armin stated with a bright smile, his eyes shining. Mikasa and I looked at each other and laughed before we started packing our things up.

We were talking and laughing loudly as we made our way out, still feeling the adrenaline from our performance. I came to a stop when I saw the girl from earlier waiting a few meters away from the backdoor, confusion taking over me when I saw her smiled when she saw us.

We watched her as she walked towards us in silence. None of us bothered to speak so I took the lead.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked, my voice reflecting my confusion. She looked up at me, the redness on her cheek contrasting the resting bitch face look on her face.

"You're Eren, right?" Even her voice sounded bland, and my confusion heightened. Maybe she got mad because I winked at her earlier. Does winking offend people?

"Uh, yes...? Do you need something?"

"Can I get your number?"

To say that I was shocked was an understatement. My eyes widen and my breath was caught in my lungs. Jean snorted and I heard Armin chuckled.

"Wait, what?"

"I asked you if I can get your number."

So I heard it right. I just looked at her like she just told me a joke. She's joking, right? There's no way in hell that she'll be interested in me.

"But why are you asking for it?" Jean started to laugh loudly and I elbowed him on his side, immediately quieting him. I continued to look at the girl in font of me before I shook my head. "Sorry but if you're asking for it so that we can go out, I'm going to tell you this now. I don't think that that will work. Sorry."

I quickly walked away and went to the car, hoping that I didn't hurt the girl too much. The three of them followed me and we started to drive away from the place, Mikasa sitting on the passenger seat while Armin and Jean on the backseat.

"I can't believe that someone would ask for your number, Yeager," Jean said and it was followed by a snort. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, gripping the stirring wheel tighter.

"Shut up, horseface. You're just envious since no one's interested in you."

We continued to bicker all the time and thank hell for making Jean the first one we would drop. After we dropped off Jean we dropped Armin at their house and lastly we went home to the apartment.

Mikasa and I are talking as we made our way to the front door, opening it and seeing Levi together with Hanji and some giant with giant eyebrows at the living room. I greeted them with a smile and so did Mikasa, eventually leading to Mikasa forcing me to join them.

Levi is leaning on Erwin, the giant dude with giant eyebrows, the whole time. I stared at the both of them, not used to seeing Levi being that close to someone. I felt Mikasa nudged my side and I turned my head to look at her.

"What?"

"You're constantly staring at them."

"Oh? Am I?"

"Yes."

"I'm just wondering why they're so close to each other."

"Erwin is Levi's boyfriend for five years."

That made sense. What doesn't make sense though is the way I grimaced inside when I heard that they're boyfriends.

"Is that so..."

I don't know why but I can't break my gaze off of them, especially on Erwin's arm which is wrapped around Levi's waist possessively. My gaze traveled from it upwards, my eyes meeting Levi's silver-blue ones when my eyes landed on his face. My eyes widen at being caught but instead of looking away immediately, I gave him a smile first. Shit. Now he'll think that I'm weird.

After that event I felt Hanji practically threw themselves on me, throwing their arm over my shoulder. I looked at them confusedly and they started talking.

"Eren, do you believe in soulmates? Y'know, the one that says that the last song your other half listened to played will be repeating inside your mind?"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, giving in with a sigh. They won't stop unless I gave them an answer. "I actually believe in it. I mean, it must be cool, being able to hear what the other listens to. Music can usually tell you what a person feels so I think it's a great way to communicate."

Hanji just nodded and started talking nonstop. I saw Erwin removing his arm around Levi's waist before standing up, assisting the drunk Hanji and they started to leave, me watching Levi as he trailed behind them. Once they're out of sight, Mikasa nudged me once again, completely gaining my attention.

"You don't like Levi, huh?" A smirk was formed on her lips as she looked at me. I shook my head and gave her an incredulous look.

"I don't."

"Then why can't you strip your gaze away from Erwin and my brother? That's jealousy I saw."

"It's not jealousy, Mikasa, it's called weirded out. I'm not used to it."

She rolled her eyes but the smug and knowing look never left her face. "Whatever you say."

When Levi came back, Mikasa offered Levi that we will be the ones to clean the mess up and told him to go to rest. I didn't complain since I knew that he's been so stressed and tired lately. When he went upstairs, my mouth opened to speak and it's too late to stop it.

"Good night, Levi."

Mikasa just looked at me and rolled her eyes, standing up and throwing a cushion at me.

"Stand up and let's clean up, lover boy."

Groaning, I buried my face into the cushion.

"Shut up, Mikasa."

I will never hear the end of this.

*****

Author's Note

Here's chapter two. POV's will switch between Levi and Eren in each chapter, by the way. We hope you enjoyed this.

---------

You're so lucky I caught the mistakes XD, I mean, a 'batlr'? What the heck is that, ya grumpy Alpha. XD

Anyways, we really did hope all of you enjoyed this, despite our mistakes, watch out for our next update because that's when shit is going to be real, I wish all of you the best luck with the feels. >:-)

And we'll see you, in the next chapter, bye!!

*****

Blame my sick mind, you crazy shit.

'Til next time then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.9K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
609K 30.8K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.3M 56.2K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC