[ ✓ ] 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 | 𝐛�...

By CharminglySplendid

Hi, everyone! This is one of my first works I've ever published :) One shots of the characters in Bungou Stra... More

Important Rules (Please Read)
My Lie to You (Dazai Osamu)
A Night to Remember (Dazai Osamu)
Pickup Lines 101 (Nakahara Chuuya)
Punishments (Edogawa Ranpo)
A Confession Success? (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)
Requests (CLOSED)
Cooking Fiasco (Kunikida Doppo)
Thank you!!!
Searched For You (Nakahara Chuuya)
Truth or Dare (Mark Twain)
Protection (Miyazawa Kenji)
Couple Challenges (Dazai Osamu)
Summer Festivals (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)
The BSD Hunger Games
Picture Perfect Memories (Nakahara Chuuya)
A Kiss a Day, Keeps the Doctors Away (Nakajima Atsushi)
Trapped (Dazai Osamu)
Late Night Work (Edogawa Ranpo)
Tug-A-War (Dazai Osamu and Nakahara Chuuya)
The Sum of U + Me (Kunikida Doppo)
Cinderella (Dazai Osamu)
Hot Springs (Nakahara Chuuya)
I Waited For You (Nakajima Atsushi)
Fun Parenting (Dazai Osamu)
Not Good Enough (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)
Skinny Love (Tanizaki Junichirou)
Cry For Help (Kunikida Doppo)
Because of Us (Dazai Osamu)
Under Arrest (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)
Never Forget You (Nakahara Chuuya)
You Are Beautiful! (Dazai Osamu)
Boys Who Murdered Love (Dazai Osamu and Nakahara Chuuya)
Sweet Encounter (Edogawa Ranpo)
update! 2020!

More than... Rivals?? (Edogawa Ranpo)

27.8K 693 2.4K
By CharminglySplendid

Requested by Schlafx!! Enjoy Ranpo san~

"Ranpo!" you grumbled angrily as you stomped your way to a certain man with a hat who had his feet up on the desk, reading the daily comic from a newspaper, while eating a bag of chips.

"You've got to stop being a lazy ass and get to work, dummy!" you scolded, taking the newspaper off his hands.

"Now, now, (F/N) chan. Ranpo san is always like this at work, so there's nothing to be angry about." Dazai came in, calming you down. But for some reason, watching Ranpo enjoying the bag of chips at work made you annoyed to the core. You recently joined the Armed Detective Company, looking for a new job. You used to be a high ranked police officer, often pulled in by the detectives to solve difficult cases because just like Ranpo, you were smart, but you weren't an ungifted citizen either.

"Is it really ok to let him lounge like this in the office?! Ranpo doesn't need this job!" you continued to complain while Ranpo was still munching on his potato chips.

"For the love of everything, stop yelling. I'm sure you're aware that we need Ranpo san in the Armed Detective Company, right?" Kunikida stood up from his chair, glaring at you.

You rolled your eyes. "I know that, but you guys have me, right?! I mean, I'm obviously smarter than Ranpo."

There was a sudden silence that filled the room completely and all eyes were glued to you. You squirmed a little in place, feeling a bit uncomfortable as you felt the tension in the room rise.

"She did not just say that." Atsushi whispered over to Tanizaki as he nods in response.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"So you think you're smarter than me, (F/N) chan?" a booming voice from behind made you jump as you spun around to see Ranpo standing up from his comfy chair.

"W-Well, yeah! Yeah I do." you puffed your chest out, like you were trying to pick a fight with him.

"You sure have a boat load of guts to say that, (F/N) chan..." Ranpo's eyes slowly opened, startling you a bit.

"Um, guys? I think we should all settle-" Dazai tried his best to put on a reassuring face until Ranpo interfered.

Ranpo pointed at your face. "I challenge you to a battle, (F/N) chan! If you think you're smarter than me, then I'll give you the hardest, most difficult case that no one could even solve in years!"

"Fine then. I'll stand up to what I believe in and I accept your challenge!" you shouted back.

"Oh, boy..." Kunikida grumbled something as he shook his head and went back to his work.

"Guys." Dazai came in between you two, with his arms extended out. "Please, do not do this in the Agency. We're all nice and friendly here, so let's not have a battle."

"Why don't we have like a citizenship test?" Atsushi chimed in.

"A citizenship test?"

"A test for a citizen. You know, like a test for how to cross the road or buy tickets to ride the train." Tanizaki said.

"What the hell is that kind of thing? They have those?" you look at him with disbelief.

"What?! That's not fair! Obviously (F/N) chan is going to win because I don't even know how to buy a ticket for the train!!" Ranpo wailed.

"Exactly! So that means (F/N) chan is smarter!" Atsushi pointed out. The room was instantly filled with silence once more and you heard a low grumbling sound from Ranpo.

"Ranpo? You ok???" you tapped the man who had his head down on the desk, sulking.

He suddenly jumped up, making you step back a little. "Alright, (F/N) chan! You might be smarter than me, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb! From now on, you'll be my rival!" Ranpo shouted as he pointed to you.

For some reason, you didn't like the idea of being called 'rival' from Ranpo. You pouted. "Hey. You better not see me as JUST a rival, ok?"

Ranpo shook his head furiously and crossed his arms over his chest. "Nope. You're a rival of mine. Someone I need to defeat and outsmart someday."

"B-but, I..." you felt your lips start to quiver and felt your cheeks being red. There was a fuzzy yet strange feeling in your stomach churning around when Ranpo called you a rival. You didn't care if anyone called you a rival, but you didn't want to hear that from Ranpo because you had feelings for him...

You hoped things would turn back to normal when you entered the agency the next morning. But it still stayed the same. Ranpo announced to everyone that you were his rival that he desperately wanted to beat. But you remained calm and smiled, reassuring everyone that you weren't hurt one bit.

"Um, Kunikida kun? Where's my seat?" you pointed to the seat next to him. Your seat was supposed to be next to Kunikida, but it was sparkly clean like no one was ever sitting there.

"Oh, Dazai moved your seat right across from him along with Ranpo san sitting beside you." Kunikida pointed to the brunette who was waving happily at you and grinning like an idiot.

"DAZAI!!!!" you stomped your way to Dazai, feeling extremely pissed.

"Yes, (F/N) chan?" he smiled up at you innocently.

"Number one, why would you move my seat here, and number two, why would you move Ranpo's seat next to mine?!"

"That's because since you two are rivals, I thought it would be entertaining to watch you two debate over everything!" Dazai answered, clapping his hand together delightfully.

"Kuniki-"

"I tried everything I can to stop him, (F/N). It's no use now." Kunikida replied from across the room.

"Dazai san is an absolute worst..." Atsushi muttered quietly as possible, scared that he would be killed by him.

"What, (F/N) chan? Do you have a problem with it???" he smirked as he raised his eyebrows. You felt your face bloom as it hit you. Dazai knew exactly what you were thinking and he knew your feelings towards Ranpo.

You slammed your hand onto his desk and growled. "No. Problem. At. ALL." you struggled a bit to hide your blush as you walked back to your new seat next to Ranpo. Dazai chuckled as he observed you two throughout the whole day.

Hour number two:

You sighed in relief as you thought the day was going smoothly so far with Ranpo being beside you. All though he did absolutely nothing, you thought he would annoy you endlessly, but surprisingly, he was just reading the newspaper quietly or doodling on a piece of paper.

"Alright... When I'm finished typing in the last few sentences, I'm finally done with this report..." you mumbled to yourself and when you were about to hit enter, your hand accidentally hit Ranpo's making the eraser he was holding drop to the floor.

"Sorry, I'll pick that up-" you bent down to pick it up until Ranpo also bent down to pick it up. You felt his hand grasp on top of yours and the awkward you flipped out of the chair, looking like a complete fool.

"(F/N) chan!! You ok??" Dazai got up from his chair and helped you up.

"She was just being clumsy, that's all." Ranpo shrugged as he continued erasing something on his paper. You glared at him, with your flushed cheeks.

Hour number three:

Things were starting to get awkward between you and Ranpo. Ranpo looks like he doesn't notice a single bit, but you definitely do. You made a fool of yourself in front of him 3 times so far.

"So, (F/N) chan. If you think you're so smart that you can buy tickets to ride the train-" Ranpo asked until you cut off the question.

"Trains? I love trains. I buy like at least 500 tickets a day to ride the trains. Aren't trains fun to ride? Like they can take you anywhere you want basically. There's some days that it's crowded..." you stopped talking and realized that you were rambling on about... Trains.

'I panicked and acted stupid in front of him again!! Shit, shit, shit! I'm clumsy, awkward, dumb-'

"Um, (F/N) chan are you ok?"

"Y-YES!!" you squeaked, feeling the heat rising up to your cheeks. "J-Just ignore me! I was acting dumb and I didn't know what I was thinking and I-"

You literally smacked your forehead against the keyboard. "I did it again..."

Ranpo cracked up. "God, (F/N) chan! I didn't know you were this cute!"

Your face burned up from head to toe. "EH????"

"Believe it or not, (F/N) chan, you're surprisingly cute for an over aggressive girl." he smirked, looking at you with his eyes open.

"SHUT UP! I'M NOT OVERLY AGGRESSIVE!!!"

Hour number four:

It was finally lunchtime and you went up to fill your bottle with water from the water fountain out in the hall. You sighed loudly, thinking about all the embarrassing stuff you did in front of him. You wanted to shout your true feelings to him, but you knew that he only thought of you as a rival.

"I'm so pathetic..." you muttered.

"Who's so pathetic?" a voice echoed and your head shot up to see Dazai, still grinning at you like an idiot.

"Ok, this is all your fault. You set me up with Ranpo and dragged me into this mess. You are such a-"

"I'm only trying to set you two up so you can confess to him."

"So you know, dammit."

"Of course. Oh, (F/N) chan. I wanted to talk to you because we're gonna have a picnic at the park so if you don't mind, can you pick a good spot for all of us under a dazzling cherry tree??"

"Sure, I'll go and find a good spot for us."

"You're the best~" Dazai handed you a mat as you walked outside and entered the park to find a good spot. You glanced around for a new spot, carefully stepping over other people's mats.

'There's a ton of people here...' you thought as you saw someone really familiar not so far away. You squinted your eyes for a better look and you saw Ranpo sitting on a mat under a cherry blossom tree.

"Ranpo! What are you doing here?!" you cheeks tinted with pink a little, yet irritated that he beat you to it.

"What do you mean? Dazai told me to come to the park to pick a spot where we can all sit for lunch. I don't know why you're here though." Ranpo said.

"I'm here because of what Dazai said to you and it was the exact same-" then you remembered what he said to you a few minutes ago.

'I fricken forgot!! He was trying to set us up all along!!' you cursed mentally, smacking your forehead with the mat.

"You've been acting really strange today. Are you sure I'm not smarter than you?" Ranpo teased.

"No." you said flatly as you took a seat next to Ranpo.

"So is it just the two of us?" you asked.

"Well, they said they're gonna take awhile coming here..."

"Why are they going to take a long time?"

"Beats me. Dazai told me so."

'So that means we're alone?? This means it's a date!! No, no (F/N). This is not a date. I don't like him!' you had a back-and-forth conversation to yourself. There was a long awkward silence surrounded between you two and you took the time to absorb all the scenic beauty that were around you. But for some reason, you were staring at Ranpo for a long time.

He looked down at you. "What is it?"

"N-Nothing! Nothing at all!" you shrieked suddenly, blushing furiously. Ranpo shrugged as he stood up and picked a single sakura and twirled it around in his fingers. You couldn't help but to still observe him. You wanted to tell him. Inside you, you were begging, crying, and shouting to say that you love him. Your heart was thumping so loud that you were afraid he might hear them.

'Should I tell him? Should I confess to him? But he only thinks of me as a rival...'

"Wow... Sakuras are more prettier than I thought it would be." Ranpo admired.

You cleared your throat. "T-There's been something I've been meaning to tell you, Ranpo."

"Eh? You can tell me anything you want!" he grinned.

"I like you, Ranpo." you bit your lip as you tried so hard to stop the blushing. Ranpo's face was quite in shock a bit.

"I see..." he muttered.

Your heart sunk when he rejected you. "I knew you only though of me as a rival, so it's ok if you don't-"

"No, (F/N). I like you too."

Your face lit up. "R-Really?"

"Yup! I'm a guy who doesn't show any signs when I have a crush but I could tell you had a crush on me." he grinned mischievously.

"What do you mean by that??"

"First, you didn't like being called a rival from me, and second, you were acting way too awkward and shy around me. Plus, Dazai gave some away too."

'That stupid Dazai....' Ranpo suddenly reached to your hair to put the sakura he was holding. Your face turned pink a little as you looked up at Ranpo who was slightly blushing.

"Just as I thought, (F/N) chan. You look so adorable. I could hold onto you forever." he lifted the hat off his head and put it on your head. "I love you."

You smiled brightly. "I love you too."

Maybe starting off as rivals wasn't so bad as I thought it would be...

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Wow, this is probably the longest one shot I've ever written but I hope it was worth it :)))

I was reading BSD Wan chapter 7 and that's where I got the sakura scene from between Atsushi and Kyouka

I feel like Ranpo san would be the one who has a pokerface around his crush but once he knows their feelings are both mutual, then that's when he starts to get romantic (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959K 20.5K 29
// A collection of Bungou Stray Dogs oneshots; x readers_ || All requests closed ---------------------- • All one-shots are written by me, but I...
879K 14.9K 99
This is my first fan-fiction, so please bare with me. ;) One-shots with the characters from Bungou/Bungo Stray Dogs. I don't own the anime, manga...
279K 4.2K 29
Hi, everyone. This is my first time publishing my works. I've never done this before. And I'm writing a one shots story with the Bungou stray dogs ch...
10.7K 281 30
{Requests: CLOSED} This is a Atsushi Nakajima boyfriend oneshots, I will be doing fluff and angst no smut because smut is weird. I also don't own any...