Napkin Letters

By cacthingfireflies

Sequel to Head Over Boots Not friends, Not enemies, Just strangers, With some memories ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ All Right... More

O N E
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
S I X T E EN
F I F T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
E P I L O G U E

T W O

326 12 1
By cacthingfireflies

"You should get a dog!" April cried.

"A dog." I said looking at her weird.

"Yes a dog, then you wouldn't be so lonely." She said sipping on her coffee.

I shook my head taking a sip of mine. I still didn't really enjoy the taste of coffee. But for some reason I still drank it.

"I mean I would get a dog if I didn't have a roommate." She carried on.

"I'm sure you would April." I laughed as we turned into the HH building.

I was surprised when April still followed me talking nonstop about a dog.

"Don't you have school to get too?" I asked her.

She checked her phone before her eyes went wide.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot." She said hurrying out of the building.

I shook my head at my friend before continuing to the elevator. Where other workers were crowding in.

Each of them saying good morning to me and giving me my own space in the front of the elevator. It was weird. But it is how it has been for years. The sad thing is I didn't even know a single persons name in that elevator as I stepped out.

I walked to my office, glaring at the pile of papers on it.

It is funny how I told myself I was never going to be like this. That I wasn't going to let my mom talk me into taking this company over. That I wouldn't be a lonely girl staying in a clean, cold apartment like my mom. But everything I said I wouldn't be is exactly who I am.

And I hated it.

I hated ever second of it.

I fell back in my office chair pulling out a pen and getting to work on signing papers I didn't even know. There was a few that had a sticky note on them written in Madison's handwriting.

"Don't sign these ones, they will not help the company."

"Whatever, I believe in you Madi." I mumbled putting them in there own pile.

Just then Madison, Navy and my mother all came through the door.

"Oh honey I got some great news!" My mother said.

I placed my pen down.

"What would that be?"

"You know how back so long ago when you first started running this company and Times magazine wanted to do a combination?!"

I nodded.

"I remember."

"But then you turned them down." She said not so happy about that.

"Yes, I remember." I growled.

"Well, they want to try and do it again!" She said happily.

"No."

"Why not, Em?" Navy asked.

"It would help the company a ton." Maddison added.

I looked between the three.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Great I'll let them know." Navy said clapping her hands.

Then they all three left just as fast as they came.

I sighed picking up my pen and going to sign another document when my pen wouldn't write.

I groaned getting my finger wet and trying to get ink to come out but it wouldn't.

"I know your not out of ink." I mumbled at the pen angrily.

I shook it trying to write again but nothing. I quickly checked my phone it was about time for Tate to be calling. But he hasn't yet. I just glared at the pen again.

Trying to make it write on a sticky note.

Nothing.

"Damn pen!" I cried chucking it across the room.

Just as I did my office door opened.

"Bad time?" A familiar voice chuckled.

I looked over to see Tate standing in the doorway. A smile formed across my face. Finally something good happens today.

"Tate! What are you doing here!" I cried getting up and running over to him giving him a hug.

"You know Navy and Mom are in this building somewhere." I warned.

"I know I hide behind a bush."

I shook my head closing the door.

"So you flew clear out from Utah to New York because why?"

"I want you to come back with me." He said.

I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I've just never done any of this before and it is scary that I'm gonna ask Courtney to be my wife. And I don't know I just, I don't think I can do it alone. I need your help. So will you come back with me too Utah for just a few months."

"A few months!" I cried. "Tate you know that is asking a lot right."

"I realize that but-"

"But I need to get out of this hell hole." I said smiling.

"Really?!" Tate said smiling also.

I nodded.

"I'll just put Navy and my mother in charge for a few months what could go wrong?"

Tate laughed and I joined him.

"Yeah I'll leave Maddison in charge." I said.

"That's a better choice." Tate nodded.

"Alright well when do you want me to come down?" I asked going back to sit at my desk.

"How about leave today?" Tate said as he played with something on my desk.

"Today!?"

"Is that asking too much?" He asked wincing.

"Nope. How about we leave right now."

"But Emma your the owner of this you can't just leave."

"I'm them owner I can do what I please." I replied laughing gathering my things.

Tate shrugged following me out.

"Madi I have a huge favor to ask you." I said placing both hands on my desk.

"Anything Emma." She smiled.

"I had a family emergency come up and I have to leave like right now, so do you think you can take charge I don't trust anyone else but you."

Maddison smiled.

"Of course. Are you going to tell your mother and sister?"

"I was thinking of letting them figure out themselves."

She smiled.

"That is what I thought. I will call you if anything goes wrong. And before we make any big decisions." She said as she gathered somethings to move into my office.

"Don't worry Maddison I totally trust you, you don't have to let me know about every little decision you make. You know how to run this business better than I do."

"Thank you so much." I said as Tate and I hurried out of the building.

A smile on my face.

"We just have to run to my apartment to get somethings." I replied getting my keys from Gary the guy who parks everyone's cars in the underground parking.

"You know I've never been to New York." Tate mumbled as I unlocked my car.

"Whoa, this is your car!" Tate said shocked.

I looked at him.

"Um ya." I said opening the door to my red, dodge mustang.

"Whoa! Why don't you share some money." He said climbing in.

"I send you a bunch where does it all go?" I asked.

"Hey in my defense-" I cut him off as I backed out. "I don't wanna hear it. This wasn't even my choice of car. I let Ashton choose."

"You let a 9year old chose what car you bought?" Tate asked.

I nodded.

"Well he was 7 at the time."

Tate shook his head.

"That's crazy. But New York man I could never live here. It is way to crowded." Tate said looking out the window.

"You get use to it." I shrugged stopping at a red light.

"Your on a billboard!" He shouted pointing at the HH co advertisement.

"Well I am the owner of HH co. Tate did you forget?"

"I just didn't think it was this big." He said as I pulled up to my apartment building.

"You live in a hotel room." He asked looking up at the building.

"The hotel rooms are the first two floors the other four are apartments." I informed him handing my keys to Tony.

"I'm going to be gone a while so will you lock my car up good?" I asked.

He nodded getting inside. I lead Tate through the lobby and to the elevator. Pressing the number 6.

"You live on the 6th floor!"

"I do.

"This is so cool!" He said jumping up and down like a two year old.

"Yeah, yeah calm down." I said as the elevator stopped on my floor.

"602. I'll remember that when I need somewhere to crash." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Have you even thought much about the wedding?" I asked as I turned on lights and walked into my room grabbing my suitcases and putting stuff in them.

"Well I still have to ask her."

"Why haven't you!" I asked.

"I'm nervous." He said.

"Tate King nervous? Really."

Did I ever mention that Tate took his fathers last name instead of our moms.

"It is really nerve racking." He said. "You wouldn't get it."

"Your right I wouldn't." I replied.

"Shit sorry Emma I didn't mean it that way!"

"It is fine Tate." I replied.

Zipping up my bags.

"Can you call a taxi." I asked.

"Um I'm not sure I know how to do that."

"Just call the hotel number it is on the counter and ask for a taxi for Emma Hansen."

He nodded walking out of the room. I finished packing in less than 15 minutes to say I was proud was an understatement. I was finally getting to leave this place. Even if it is temporary.

I walked back out to my living room dragging my bags along with me. I looked up and saw Tate holding Cody's hat.

He smirked at me.

"Isn't this Cody's."

I grabbed it from him tossing it back on the table.

"No." I lied turning around.

"Did you get a taxi?" I asked as I started to move my bags towards the door.

"It is Cody's hat!"

"Tate enough." I shouted looking to the ground.

"Right sorry." He said grabbing some bags and helping me.

I locked my apartment behind me and we walked in silence as we made it down to the lobby and into the taxi Tate had called for.

"Airport." I said as I climbed in.

He nodded and took off through the New York traffic. I couldn't get the smile to leave my face. I was really going back to Utah the place I loved so much. The only bad thing was Cody. But I could avoid him. It's not like they live in the same house anymore.

Actually Cody and Tate spilt the ranch and Tate lives on the south side while Cody lives on the north. It is only a few months. I can do this right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 286 73
The flames of my mind, The words of my soul , Read and share, And yeah don't forget to vote.... Please omit the typing mistakes ©are reserved
2.5K 113 17
Disclaimer: I don't own transformers or pics or music.
5.5K 42 17
Read the title and tags
1.3M 77.7K 47
𝐎𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬..