Once Again

By paradisewallflower

Alison Vincent leads a normal, ordinary life in Atlanta. What many people don't know about the so-called 'it... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 19

2.4K 66 8
By paradisewallflower

(Ali's P.O.V)

"This is Ali, my best friend. Ali," Ava looks at me, her eyes full of guilt and if they could speak, I'm pretty sure they'd be saying 'I'm sorry',"This is my cousin, Haley Miller."

Haley Miller? Hmm, where have I heard that name before?

"You're introducing us because...?" Haley looks at me with a bored expression and I get an urge to slap her. Why is Ava being so calm and nice to her? If it were me I'd most definitely already be on top of her attempting to gouge her eyes out.

Again, with the violence. I seriously need to stop this.

"Ali is going to be living with us, too." Ava tells her.

"Oh," the dismay is evident in her voice, "well, is that all you wanted to tell me?" 

"Uh, yeah." Ava says awkwardly, twiddling her hair with her fingers, "well, see you later then."

"Ava make me some juice, I'm thirsty. And remember, no pulp this time," Haley demands in a bossy tone and this is enough to make me speak up.

"Can't you do that yourself? You do have legs after all." I hiss, trying to hide the anger in my voice but failing. Haley's eyes narrow at me and I can see rather than sense her anger. Her mouth scrunches up and I notice her hands turn into fists.

Don't back down Ali.

Just before the tension could get any thicker in the atmosphere, Ava's mom steps in just in time for me to not lose my cool and beat the crap out of Haley. Way to go, Clarissa.

*

"What did you think?" Ava asks me, nudging my arm with her elbow.

"She was just lovely," I don't think I could add anymore sarcasm to my tone. Ava laughs and I join her as we step into her bedroom.

"You really should clean up in here," I point out.

"I keep telling myself the same thing," she chuckles, dropping her weight onto her bed. I glance at the clock and notice that it's four in the afternoon. What time will Dylan pick me up? 

I decide it's probably best to ask him.

*What time will you pick me up?* 

His reply is almost instant.

*Around six, is that fine? Oh, and wear something fancy.*

Something fancy? I wonder idly where it is we'll be going. My initial thought was that Mrs. Scott would have cooked something in her own home. But I guess now we're going out for dinner.

"Ava do you have anything fancy?" I ask, briskly looking from my phone to my best friend.

"Why?" her tone is demanding and I know she isn't asking 'why do you want something fancy' but a more inquisitive 'where are you going and who with'.

"I'm meeting Ethan's parents tonight." I mutter sheepishly.

"What? And you didn't tell me this sooner because..." she cocks a brow up and gives me her explain-or-die look. Yes, my best friend can also be brutal at times. Maybe it's where I get it from, or she gets it from me. I don't really know.

"Do you have anything?" I ask again, ignoring her question.

"All of your clothes are already in the guest bedroom," she tells me and an instant feeling of relief washes over me. 

"Come, I'll help you get ready," Ava tugs at my hand and leads me in an unknown direction.

*It's great, I'll see you then x.* I quickly type my response to Dylan before I start to get ready.

*

I have now showered, tried on about ten different outfits, styled my hair in at least twenty different ways and screamed out in annoyance more times than I could count. This is seriously frustrating, but I want to make a good first-- well, kind of-- impression on Dylan's parents.

There are still twenty whole minutes to wait until Dylan finally arrives and I am still obsessing over little strands of hair that could fall out of place in the meantime. I have opted for a curve hugging, pale rose sequinned dress with nude heels that elongate my legs. Now that it's getting cold, just for precaution, Ava suggested that I take a jacket thus I chose to wear the plain white blazer my grandma got me for Christmas last year. Overall, I think I look presentable, lets just hope that Dylan's parents feel the same.

As I head downstairs, much to my dismay, I bump into the she-devil. Luckily for me, Ava is there too just in case I need to be held back from doing anything I might regret later.

"So, are you nervous for your date with the Ethan Chase?" she asks me excitedly. At the mention of the name 'Ethan', Haley looks directly at me and if I didn't know any better, I'd think that anger flashed through her eyes but she quickly covers it up with a mischievous glint. Weird.

Does Dylan mean something to her?

"You have got to stop calling him that," I laugh, shaking my head at Ava. Before she could reply, the door bell rings and I know that it's finally time for me to leave.

Wish me luck.

I reluctantly make my way to the front door, clutching onto my handbag-- hard. I don't know why I'm stressing so much, I guess I'm just nervous because in a matter of seconds I will see Dylan again. I'm nervous because in a matter of a good few minutes I will meet his parents. I'm nervous because I want to make a good impression and most of all, I'm nervous because I want them to like me.

Reaching out, I twist the doorknob and pull open the door, revealing an impeccably well-groomed Dylan. He stands confidently in a dark grey shirt and black pants to go with it. His hair is styled in that glorious, floppy mess it always is, but in a sexy way that only he can pull off.

Our gazes meet and his eyes lock onto mine. I hear him inhale sharply and a look of appreciation flashes through his brown eyes. I bite my lip subconsciously and try my best to look calm, although inside I'm a freaking mess. Finally, Dylan opens his mouth to speak.

"You look lovely, Ali." he takes my hand and pulls me to him, inhaling the scent of my hair as he does so. I hug him tight and allow the familiar, heavenly fragrance of Dylan mixed with body wash and cologne fill my nostrils. Hmm, I should bottle this.

"As do you," I smile shyly at him as he pulls back, taking my hand and entwining it into his.

"Are you ready?" he questions, leading me to his car.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I reply, displaying more confidence than I'm really feeling. Am I ready? I guess there's only one way to find out. Let's get this show on the road.

*

"Why do I get the feeling you're actually nervous?" Dylan smirks, looking at me from the corner of his eye. We are now in his car heading towards wherever it is we're having dinner. Apparently this is a 'family dinner' which means there will most definitely be more than just Dylan's mom and dad there.

So that is why I'm so nervous at the moment, just another thing to add to the list. I haven't seen most of them in years, they probably won't even remember me. This being said, I'll probably have to make a good first impression all over again. The last time I saw them I was twelve years old, meaning I couldn't care less if I had made a good impression or not.

But of course, back then I had known them for six whole years so they were used to me always being around. Oh God, what did I get myself into? 

"Well, aren't you?" I ask incredulously. Although it is Dylan's family and he's used to them, this time I'm also here. He will be introducing me as his girlfriend, surely he should be nervous too.

"Ali you don't have to worry about making a good impression, just be yourself and you'll be fine," he squeezes my thigh as an attempt to soothe me. Thankfully it does ease my nerves a little, the key term here being 'a little'. I'm still freaking out inside.

"Can I ask you a question?" I look at him expectantly.

"Sure," he takes his eyes off the road and looks at me, his eyes displaying the curiosity he's feeling.

"Have you ever... um," I'm not sure how to phrase this exactly. I struggle to find my words but Dylan somehow beats me to it.

"Introduced a girl to my family? No." He clarifies and a smile soon dominates my lips. I'm the first.

"How did you know what I was going to say?" I question, looking at him as if he has some sort of mind reading superpowers. The amount of times he has managed to answer my unspoken questions would be more than enough evidence to convince even the toughest of jury. 

"You just had that look about you," he teases and I keep my questioning gaze locked onto his face. He's not giving anything away which is kind of frustrating. To distract myself, I shift my gaze along to the window. The sun has already set and I'm honestly glad Ava told me to bring a jacket because by the look of the way that the trees are shaking maniacally, I can tell it's windy. Looks like there's going to be a thunderstorm.

We drive for a few more minutes until Dylan turns again, leading us up to a tall golden gate. We're in Atlanta's most exclusive Country Club.

I realise this when I notice a big sign with bold letters printed on it reading 'The Golden Gate Country Club'. My dad always used to come here to play golf with his business partners, apparently it's where the best deals were made. I haven't actually ever been here but man is it nice.

As Dylan drives up the long, cobblestone path, I can only just see past the neatly lined trees and out onto the ample field, presumably where the golf playing takes place. The grass looks freshly cut and as vibrant green as grass can get. As we drive further along the road, the actual country house comes into view and my nerves grow bigger than ever.

*

Despite the useless pep talk Ava gave me and the countless number of times Dylan tried to calm me, I am in no way, shape or form, prepared for this. It is at this precise moment that I walk through the doors of The Golden Gate Country Club.

The perfectly polished marble floors reflect every hint of light shining from the stunning chandeliers that hang comfortably on the dome-shaped ceiling. There is a bar to my left, and just past it sits an expensive looking grand piano. Who am I kidding? Everything in here looks expensive, even the people.

Outside of the floor-to-ceiling window, my vision stretches through acre after acre of freshly manicured grass that even at night you can still pick up on its vibrant green colour. The men here stand tall, all clean and shaved, clad in crease-free suits. Hanging from their arms-- most of them, anyway-- are beautiful women with flawless skin, enough to make one think this was some sort of fashion show. 

My hands begin to sweat and only now do I realise we've stopped walking.

"Hey," Dylan speaks softly so only I can hear. He places his thumb underneath my chin and tilts my face so we're eye to eye, "you have nothing to worry about Ali, just relax ok?" his voice caresses my ears and I manage to relax a little. Just before I could answer him, I hear the familiar voice of Mrs Barbara Scott, followed by the deeper voice of Mr Christian Scott. Here we go.

"Dylan honey, welcome home." Barbara takes Dylan's face between her hands and kisses his forehead, he visibly blushes but I can tell that her affection towards him comes from a good place, the love in her eyes says it all. As she turns to look at me, her face instantly falls. Oh sweet Jesus.

"We missed you son," Mr. Scott ruffles Dylan's hair in a playful way but I can't help but feel intimidated by the look Mrs Scott is giving me right now. Have I messed this up already?

"Mom, dad, this is Alison Vincent, my girlfriend." Dylan says proudly, pulling me by the waist so I stand closer to him. However, the look I receive from his mom tells me she isn't as pleased as Dylan is. She simply stares at me, anger evidently displayed in her hazel eyes and before I could even make a move, she stomps down the hallway, her heels clicking as she does so.

What just happened?

"Dad, you said you spoke to her," Dylan scolds his father, giving him a disapproving look.

"I did, she said she'd try," Christian runs a hand through his greyish hair, leaving it in a floppy mess just like Dylan's always is.

"I'm so sorry Ali, I'll go speak to her, she's just having a hard time coping with this, excuse me." Mr. Scott turns on his heels and trails behind Dylan's mom. 

Great way to make a second first impression. My subconscious scowls but I shut her out straight away. I have no idea what just happened.

"I'm so sorry Ali, I have no idea why she's acting up like this," Dylan admits exasperated, running a hand through his hair just like his dad previously did. Like father, like son. He sighs then takes my hand, leading me further into the building and I just can't hide the uneasy feeling that's bide deep in my stomach. Way to go, Alison.

*

After Dylan introduced me to the rest of his family, I was kind of put at ease due to everyone else being so kind and welcoming. Dylan and I sat next to each other while his mom and dad sat opposite us. Unfortunately, Jason was also there and also near. 

But it's funny, ever since when I last saw him in Savannah, he hasn't said one mean thing to me. He hasn't tried to put worms in my food, he hasn't thrown paintballs at me, he hasn't even tried the old itching powder prank on me. I really don't know whats up with him lately, but I'm honestly glad he hasn't gotten in my way.

"So Ali, typical relative-to-new-addition-to-the-family question, how do you do in school?" Dylan's aunty-- Jason's mom-- asks me while taking a bite of her fish.

"I think I do ok," I twiddle my thumbs nervously while biting my lip. This is so nerve-wracking. Since I haven't managed to win over Dylan's mom, I figured I'd at least try my best to make the others like me, even though I still can't get that uneasy feeling to go away. Why doesn't Mrs. Scott like me?

"Just ok? Ali, you're class president, editor of the school paper, leader of the debate team and a straight A student, I don't know you, but to me that's more than just 'ok'," Dylan reprimands me and I instantly blush. How the hell does he even know all these things?

"Wow, looks like you've found yourself a keeper," Jason's mom looks impressed and Dylan looks at me knowingly, his expression soft.

"I sure have," Dylan smiles warmly at me and I swear I just heard Jason scoff. We all turn to stare at him and he says nothing, but the annoyance in Dylan's eyes shows me that he's not happy. 

***

Yesterday, the rest of the meal went surprisingly well. I actually had a few laughs with some of Dylan's other cousins, so overall I was satisfied with myself. Although I still haven't found out what Mrs. Scott's tantrum was all about, I haven't really had the guts to ask Dylan.

I am now in Dylan's car, probably only a few seconds away from arriving at school. Today will be the first day that Dylan and I will attend school as an official couple. It feels kind of weird being back and a sinister feeling still bugs me every time I think about the last time I was here.

A shudder runs through my blood and I force myself to think about something else. That scumbag is locked up already so I know I shouldn't worry, it will just take me a while to get over what happened that day, that's all.

"You ok?" Dylan asks, squeezing my thigh lightly with his strong grip. I nod and he gives me a boyish grin then shakes his head.

"What?" I ask, a hint of amusement to my voice.

"You," he smiles.

"What about me?" I ask, turning fully to face him, my grin widens and shapes itself into a smirk.

"Are you smirking at me, Miss Vincent?" Dylan asks playfully.

"Why yes I am, Mr Scott." I tease in a matter-of-fact tone. He finally parks his car, but in a staff only area. Is he not aware that he just parked in a restricted area?

"You do know this is a teacher-only parking space, right?" I question, looking at him as if he's clueless.

"Yeah, so? I'm Ethan Chase." he states cockily and I give him a disapproving look, "come on look how  convenient this is, the school building is right there." He waves his hand towards the building for emphasis just like I sometimes do and I sigh, rolling my eyes at him. I suppose this way is closer than the student parking round the back of the school.

"Well, come on then Ethan, we've got an English class to attend." I wink at him and smoothly step out of his car, making sure not to let any of my books fall. Within a matter of seconds Dylan is by my side with a protective arm around me.

"Here, let me." He takes my books and I give him a quizzing look. Who knew that one day 'Ethan Chase' would actually offer to carry a girl's books?

"Always such a gentleman," I tease, smiling playfully at him.

"Well what can I say? We aim to please." His signature smirk is once again plastered on his finely sculptured face. I roll my eyes at him and poke my tongue out like only a little kid would. I'm so mature.

"Well come on then Alison, we've got an English class to attend." Dylan mirrors my words and let out a little giggle before we start heading towards the main doors. As soon as we step in, I feel as if I'm an exquisite exhibition at some kind of freak show.

"Everyone is staring at us," I mutter nervously when we finally reach my locker. Dylan looks around us and then back at me, seemingly unaffected by all the eyes solely focused on us. Instead, he just shrugs it off before saying, "Well then, let's give them something to watch."

Before I could even think he grabs me by the waist and glues my body to his, keeping me close as his lips tackle mine, moulding them perfectly together. A shiver runs down my body as our entwining tongues caress each other and our breath mingles. Dylan sure is a hell of a kisser. I grab the lapels of his jacket and reluctantly pull back, gasping for air.

I sheepishly look around, the fire in my cheeks clearly visible to anyone capable of seeing. I notice some girls scowling at me with ugly expressions plastered on their faces. No doubt they wish they had Dylan and not me. I guess I'm going to have to get used to other girls wanting my boyfriend-- however hard that may prove to be.

Well, too bad. I think smugly, taking in the masterpiece that is my boyfriend. His dark gaze is locked on mine, none of us breaking eye contact. The passion that's radiating from his penetrating look is almost too intense but I can't bring myself to look away. He's infatuating.

As soon as the piercing sound of the school bell fills my ears, my gaze is disconnected from his and something in the distance catches my eye. Dereck.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Well there goes another chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed this, comment and vote if you did! I have something to tell you guys though, from now on chapters might take a little longer to be put up because I now have to write them as I have posted all of my previously written ones but I'll try and be as quick as I can for you guys. But yeah, that's all I have to say apart from thanks for reading!! Until next time guys. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
9.5K 374 41
Melissa is an athlete, a girl with a soft heart, and is prettier than she lets herself believe. Daniel is the teacher's son, is introvert but is a ve...
45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
15.8K 603 36
Kyla goes to King, which is the top basketball team in the conference. Courtney and Maya both attend Valley High, who haven't beaten King in ages. Ma...