Unraveling Rosen | ✓

By -chanel

"He said he is scared of commitment, but he has tattoos all over his skin." The day Hazel Stevens moves from... More

Unraveling Rosen
01 | barre
02 | allegro
03 | ballón
04 | terre
05 | tour
06 | soutenu
08 | elevé
09 | grand
10 | en arriére
11 | frappé
12 | brisé
13 | en dehors
14 | adagio
15 | en avant
16 | en dedans
17 | fondu
18 | l'aire
19 | devant
20 | center floor
21 | demi
22 | pas de chat
23 | assemblé
24 | beats
25 | derrière
26 | en pointe
27 | sissonne
28 | la seconde
29 | chassé
30 | cou-de-pied
31 | ronde de jambe
32 | relevé
33 | en croix
34 | arabesque
35 | ballote
36 | developpé
37 | penché
38 | tendu
39 | glissade
40 | pas
Spin-off
Bonus 01 | Christmas

07 | sauté

159K 6.4K 3.4K
By -chanel

0 7 

s a u t é

a simple jump in the vertical direction    

"We should go skinny dipping," Saskia suggests, taking a bite out of her s'more. Rosen's head snaps to Saskia's direction and he furrows his eyebrows. "The water looks and feels so nice, we have to take advantage of this moment since no one's here to spy on us."

"I don't think I'll join, but have fun," Rosen chuckles. Isabella rolls her eyes at Rosen.

"I'll come with you, Saskia," she says, turning towards Sven. "You can come with us too, you know."

Sven snorts, "I'll pass."

"Ugh, you're all such pussies," Isabella groans. "You're gonna join us, right Haze?"

I shake my head at my sister's offer, "No, thank you. I'm not into stuff like that but you two have fun."

Saskia and Isabella leave, leaving me alone with the guys. A silence fills the atmosphere, but it isn't an awkward silence, it's almost comforting, like this was supposed to happen. Sven occasionally picks up small pieces of wood and throws them into the fire in front of us, while Rosen stares at the sky, admiring the thousands of stars above him. As he's not paying attention to the things around him, I use my time wisely and let my eyes linger on his appearance for longer than I anticipated. All the small things about him catch my eye and I can't help but admire all of his beauty.

Looking at Sven, an idea forms in my head.

"You know," I start, looking at Sven who lifts up his head when he hears my voice. "My sister Isabella is madly crushing on you."

"Oh, really," Sven chuckles. "Well isn't that just adorable."

"Yeah, but you didn't hear this from me. I don't think I'm supposed to tell you this."

A mischievous grin appears on Sven's face as we hear the voices of Saskia and Isabella coming closer, both of them have towels wrapped around their bodies and they're just in their bra and some shorts.

Both of them take a seat once again and Sven slowly moves closer to Isabella, leaning closer to her.

"You look really great tonight," he whispers, making us all chuckle. "I should've come skinny dipping with you guys. We would've gotten naughty in the water," he winks, making Bella blush a deep red tone. Isabella tucks a strand of hair behind her shoulder and looks up at Sven.

"We can always have another go," she suggests flirtatiously.

Sven places a hand on Isabella's naked thigh, "we don't have to be in the water to do naughty things, you know."

"Oh, what do you have in mind?"

At that, Sven bursts out laughing, not able to hold himself back anymore. He removes his hand from Isabella as he holds his stomach whilst laughing.

"I'm just playing around," he finally admits. "I'm not interested in children, that would be illegal."

Isabella's face goes blank as she rolls her eyes at Sven. Clearly she was expecting something to come out of this but now that Sven told her that he's just fooling around, she doesn't seem that happy. I guess she should've expected that Sven won't ever be interested in her but at the same time, you can't blame her for getting excited for just one second; Sven is an extremely attractive guy–not as attractive as Rosen in my opinion–and anyone would be lucky to get his attention even for a little while.

We didn't do much after that as it was getting colder by the minute and our small bonfire was barely warming us. That is why we decided it would be best to take this little party inside and start wrapping things up as it was getting late as well. We put out the fire and carried all of the stuff inside. Saskia and Sven decided to watch a movie while Isabella went to sleep early. That left Rosen and me all alone, trying to figure out what to do next as we weren't in the mood to watch the movie with Saskia and Sven.

We ended up going upstairs to our bedroom and decided to just talk about things and not do anything special. Rosen was quiet most of the time and occasionally nodded his head at what I was saying. He seemed to be in a typical mood of his–very quiet and not social at all. In the end we decided to open up my laptop, which I had brought along with me, and watch some TV series as we were feeling quite bored at some point.

"You wanna watch Gossip Girl?" I ask as I open up Netflix.

"Hell yeah I want to," Rosen chuckles. "Honestly, Blair Waldorf is such an amazing character, I'm seriously in love with her."

"Same," I agree. "She's just so amazing."

"Yeah, I don't like Serena at all."

"Why not?" I ask, chuckling.

"I don't even know, I'm all about Blair."

We open up a random episode from season four and start watching. Both of us are lying on the bed, the laptop placed in between us as we snack on some food and occasionally sip our drinks. Midway through the episode, Rosen's phone starts ringing in his pocket and he takes it out.

I see a name 'Dr. Blakely' flash on the screen and my curiosity grows within seconds. Why is a doctor calling Rosen? Is someone in his family a doctor? But why would he put his mom or dad's name as doctor? Blakely isn't even his last name so that can't be possible.

"Sorry, but I have to take this call, it's kind of important." He pushes himself off the bed and walks to the window before placing the phone against his ear. "Hello, is everything okay?"

I hear a female voice mumbling on the other end but I can't make out a single word.

"Why do you need to do that? Hasn't she gone through enough pain already?"

Who is this 'she' Rosen is talking about?

Rosen sighs, running a hand through his hair, "Yes, I know it's necessary. Can't you do anything else? You deal with these situations on a daily basis."

What situation? What is he talking about?

I notice how Rosen looks very frustrated, almost as if he's going to cry any second now. It pains me to see him like this to be honest.

"I know it's stage four," he sighs. "Just do whatever you have to do. Call me back as soon as possible."

Rosen ends the call and throws his phone on the bed. It lands right next to me. I look back at Rosen who slides down against the wall and places his head on top of his knees, pulling on his hair tightly. A quiet whimper escapes past Rosen's lips as I feel a shot of pain going through my chest from seeing him in a situation like this.

Whoever this girl is, must be really special to Rosen.

Slowly, I push myself off the bed and carefully take steps closer to Rosen. I kneel down next to him and place a hand on his shoulder. His body tenses immediately and he looks up at me, his eyes bloodshot and watery.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

Rosen slowly shakes his head. He suddenly grabs onto me and pulls me tightly against his body, my legs awkwardly placed on his lap as he holds me, his fingers leaving indents on my bare shoulders. Placing his head in the crook of my neck, he starts sobbing once more, showing me just how broken he is on the inside and how he's barely keeping himself together.

"What's wrong, Rosen?" I ask, wrapping my arms around him. "You can trust me, just let me know what's wrong."

"She won't survive, Hazel," Rosen mumbles. "She's going to die."

"Who is going to die?" I question him. "Please tell me."

"Faith."

❀❀❀❀❀

About 40 minutes later, Rosen finally calms down and lets go of me. He pulls away immediately and wipes his face clean from the already dried tears that are permanent on his cheeks. He goes to the bathroom and washes his face, almost like he's embarrassed to show people that he has been crying. Momentarily, he walks out, his face completely clean and a fake smile plastered on his face, like he's almost afraid of showing vulnerability.

The two of us head downstairs to the kitchen. The whole house is dark, showing that Sven and Saskia have gone to sleep already too. Entering the kitchen, Rosen grabs a drink from the fridge, opening it and taking a huge sip.

"Do you want pancakes?" I ask him as I look around and notice we have all the necessary ingredients.

"You don't have to make me pancakes."

Sighing, I reply, "I didn't ask if you want me to make you pancakes. I asked if you want pancakes. I don't mind making them for you."

"Then yes, I want pancakes."

"Great," I smile.

Gathering up all of the ingredients needed, I take out two bowls—one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients. Firstly, I mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in one of the bowls and mix it all around. After that, I crack two eggs into a bowl, add a splash of milk, followed by some vanilla extract and mix it all together. Once I'm done with that, I mix the dry and wet ingredients, and the batter is done.

Rosen comes up behind me and dips his finger in the batter and then licks it clean. At least I'm not the only one who likes eating raw batter.

He does that once again, but this time, he smears the batter on my face with his finger. A chuckle escapes past his lips when he takes a look at my shocked face.

"Oh no you didn't," I say as my mouth drops open.

He takes a step closer to me and closes my mouth with his fingers, "Oh yes I did, what're you gonna do about it?" For the second time in a row, he wipes batter onto my face, laughing as I get angrier.

"Rosen, stop!"

"Nope," he giggles like a child. "You can't tell me what to do."

Even though I am annoyed with the fact that I've got pancake batter on my face, I can't help but feel happy at the sight of seeing Rosen so carefree and silly in front of me. That just shows me that he knows how to have a good time and he isn't always so quiet and closed up.

"We're supposed to be making pancakes, not having a food fight."

Rosen suddenly smiles, "A food fight sounds like a good idea." As he picks up a handful of flour, I raise my hands in defense.

"No, Rosen, don't."

With a flick of the wrist, I have flour all over my hair and a laughing Rosen next to me. A gasp escapes my lips.

"You did not just do that."

"Oops, I did it again."

"Stop quoting Britney Spears," I laugh as I take an egg and smash it onto his head.

Rosen slowly lifts his head as the eggs slides down the back of his neck. He looks shocked at what I just did.

"Two can play this game."

"Bring it on."

An hour later, we end up with a completely destroyed kitchen and no pancake batter left.

After cleaning everything up—which took way longer than I had anticipated—we head upstairs to the bedroom. Both of us take a shower—not together obviously—and lay down underneath the covers. Once Rosen lays down next to me, I feel very uncomfortable but at the same time it feels completely normal; like I'm supposed to sleep next to Rosen for the rest of my life.

"Tonight was fun," Rosen comments. "I needed that small food fight to get my mind off of things."

"You consider that a small food fight?" I ask. "We almost destroyed the entire kitchen."

Rosen laughs, "Yeah, but it was fun nonetheless."

Rosen pulls my computer between the two of us again and we continue watching the episode of Gossip Girl that we watched before. Rosen moves slightly closer to me and places the laptop on both of our legs.

"It's better to watch this way," he explains.

About three episodes later, I could feel my eyes getting droopy and tiredness taking over my body. I could barely keep my eyes open but at the same time, I didn't want to fall asleep next to Rosen in case I started snoring. That wouldn't leave a good impression on him.

Feeling my eyelids getting heavier, I just let myself close my eyes and fall onto the soft pillow.

But instead of the pillow, I fall onto Rosen's chest, sleep consuming me instantly.

Where you can contact me:

Twitter • aulhoei

Instagram • aulhoei

Email • pretenceonwattpad@gmail.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 37 12
Everyone thinks they know Noah.... but they don't. Yes, he's an amazing gorgeous talented actor on the outside, but inside, hes broken, just like Haz...
1.5K 98 28
Sometimes, people aren't what we assume they are. First impressions are never correct. One look at Hazel Cadman, and everybody believes she is the s...
46.3K 1.9K 63
Hazel is a strong-willed, teenager who is sent to a co-ed detention camp. How will she deal with a corrupt warden, abusive teen sergeants and her mys...
1.3K 253 40
WARNING: TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, AND I REPEAT TERRIBLE WRITING AHEAD! It was my FIRST teen romance novel so the story is bad and I mean it... I might ed...