Book Of Ocs Past

By MoonTheNightSandwing

OK so this is now an oc past book. You guys can request an oc of mine and I'll write a past back story for th... More

Authors Note
Who do u want to see next?
White Phantom Blackens
The Path to Destruction

The Glare On The Moon

102 5 4
By MoonTheNightSandwing

A forest so dark and peaceful bordered by the mountains so high. A lake glows from the moons light. A thin layer of mist rises and quickly evaporates on the lake surface. A black dragon lands by the lake, a big black egg held in its talons. It places the egg by the lakes edge and hisses in disgust at the egg.

"You should have never been laid you disgusting egg!" The dragon hisses then leaves the egg under the moons. A few nights pass and the egg is still unharmed. It begins to shake, cracks forming over the black surface. A small rounded white horn pokes a hole through the shell and tears prices off as the small black and purple dragonet forces her way out. The shell falls apart around the dragonet and she looks up at the moons. She stares in awe at the two full moons next to the crescent moon.

She stood and stretches her small wings and looks around at the trees. She saw no dragons that could be the mother. She turns to scan the mountains behind, but stares down. Beside the black and purple dragonet was a much smaller sand colored dragonet. She looks up at the bigger dragonet with her soft black eyes. The black and purple dragonet sees no other egg shells around. The dragonet lies down beside the small sand dragonet and closes her eyes.

"Moonglare and Stardust huh?" The big dragonet heard these voices and she quickly woke up. She looks around but sees no other dragon around. She looks down at her sister. Stardust....a fitting name for her. Moonglare.....I can make it work. The big dragonet thought. Stardust licks her sister's small talon. She smiles up at Moonglare. She smiles back at her sister. She lies down and they fall asleep.

The next morning Moonglare wakes first. She hears her stomach rumble and looks around. She doesn't know what to do. How will she find food? She closes her eyes and an image pops into her mind. She sees a strange and small creature walking through the wood toward the lake she and her sister rest at. She opens her eyes and looks around. The bushes to her right began to rustle as the weird thin two legged creature walks out. Moonglare stands and bears her teeth. She points her barb toward the creature. The creature puts its other limbs up and Moonglare settles a bit. The creature then vanished from sight. Moonglare looked around for the creature but it was gone. She looks down at her sister who was beginning to wake up.

"Morning Moonglare." She said. Moonglare tilts her head in confusion.

"How do you know that name Stardust?" Moonglare ask. Her sister smiles.

"I heard it in my head." She replies. I look back over to where I saw the strange creature, but now I see another. A dragon now stood where the weird little creature once stood. A black and red dragon stood in front of us. A cold chill came off this dragon's scales.

"W-who are y-you?" Moonglare ask, trembling with her tail pointed at the dragon. He looks at them with black eyes.

"I am Bloodquill. I stumbled upon you two last night....so I got you something to eat. I got you guys a cow." He said. He pushes a dead animal in front of him. I cautiously walk toward it. "Go on it's yours." I look back at Stardust.

"Come and get some Stardust." Moonglare said. Stardust looks down at her limbs. She tries to move one but it falls.

"I can't......I can't move my legs..." she said. Bloodquill grabs the cow and pulls it closer to Stardust. He looks over her then Moonglare.

"You hatched from the same egg didn't you?" he asks.

"I guess....why do you ask?" Moonglare replies.

"Well when two dragons hatch from one egg, one is usually stronger than the other, and most times the weaker one may never be able to walk or fly. Maybe with age they could walk, but no promises." He explains.

"So she may never walk? I'm sorry Stardust..." Moonglare says. Stardust shakes her head.

"As long as I'm with you I'll be fine." Stardust says. Bloodquill smiles at the two dragonets in front of him.

"You two are so cute. You make me want to help you for a while. I'll stay with you for a few weeks, teach you how to hunt so you can support your sister. And Stardust, while I'm here I will try to help you walk." Bloodquill said.

"Really?! You'll help us!?" Moonglare asks. He nods. "Thank you so much!"

"By the way I'm curious....but what exactly are we. Moonglare and I are sisters but we are completely different in color and our tails and wings." Stardust asks.

"Hm....you appear to be a hybrid. A night and sandwing hybrid. You two are special." He said. The sisters look at each other and smile.

~A Few Months Later~

Bloodquill stayed with the two hybrids for these few months. With his help, Moonglare is a great hunter and Stardust has been helped to where she can walk on her own now. The sisters are ever grateful to the nice icewing who stumbled upon them the night they hatched.

"Well now you can fend for yourselves. I enjoyed my time with you two. I hope you two will live happy lives. I must go now, I need to go visit an old friend. I hope we meet again." Bloodquill said as he spreads his wings preparing for flight. The two sisters wave bye as he takes off for the skies.

Night was fast approaching the two dragons so they lie down and prepare for bed. Stardust fell asleep quickly. Moonglare lays there with her eyes closed, but something soon flashes through her mind. She sees chopped images of her sister....mangled and bloody. She opens her eyes in a fright and looks down at her sister. She was fine though so she sighed in relief.

~ Five years later~

Moonglare is worried for her sister. Over the years she only sees the vision of her sister's death. And more parts have been revealed over time. She will die in the talons of a group of black dragons. She doesn't know the location or time though, but with how often she sees these visions her death may be close.

"Hey Moon....I want you to know something..." Stardust said.

"What is it?" Moonglare asks a bit concerned.

".....If something ever happens to me....I will always be with you." She said, a small smile on her face. Moonglare wraps her wings around her sister.

"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you." Moonglare said. She looks up at the cloudy sky. The night resembles the one in her visions. "Come, let us find a safe place to sleep.." They began to walk through the forest when a twig snapped behind them. Moonglare looks back, her eyes grew wide when she saw a black dragon with red eyes. It had the sail and barb that she had. Two other dragons come out of the shadows. Both black with red eyes. One had massive wings and smoke rising from its nostrils. The other was massive and bulky, one of the biggest dragons they've ever seen.

"Moon...." Stardust was shaking beside her.

"Stardust run!" Moonglare yells. They both start to run away from the black trio. Moonglare looks back and notices her sister is panting heavily and that she was falling behind. The bulky black dragon caught up to her and tackled her to the ground. Moonglare was about to stop when her sister yelled out to her.

"Run and live!" A tear fell from Moonglare's eye as she stopped to look back. The black sandwing charged at her. It grabbed Moonglare's face with two taloned paws. She clawed at its stomach and it let her go, screeching in pain. Moonglare took this opportunity to hide in the bushes. She watched as the slim black dragon with smoke rising from its mouth began to claw at her sister. It let loose a fury of slashes that were leaving deep gashes. Once it was done, the sandwing stood over her and used its talons to dig deep into her chest and removed her heart. It left it attached and laid the still beating heart down beside her. The three left and Moonglare came out of hiding. She slowly walked over to her dying sister. "M-Moon...."

"Don't t-talk now....this is my fault. I tried to prevent this from happening..." Moonglare breaks down in tears and collapses to the ground beside Stardust.

"I-I knew.....this was...going to...happen. I read it....from your mind. I've been....mentally pre....paring for this....day." Stardust smiles at her sister. Moonglare can't say anything between her sobs. A puddle of blood formed under her sister and the light in her black eyes began to fade. "I-I l-love....you....." She said with her dying breath. Moonglare cradled her sister's head in her talons and wailed into the night.

~A few months later~

Moonglare wanders around, broken hearted and doesn't pay much attention to her surroundings. She sees a small and strange creature again...like that night many years ago. She ignores it though. She continues on but stops. In front of her is a pitch black sandwing with scars on its chest. Her eyes grow wide.

"You....you're the one who killed my sister.....please end my life....I just want to see her again..." Moonglare begs the sandwing. It growls at her and begins to stalk toward her...an evil grin spread across its lips. A cold blast of air flies past her and hits the sandwing right in its face. It claws at its face then falls to the forest floor dead.

"That was a close one. Why go suicidal after your sister's death? If I know your sister enough...she would want you to live on a full life." A familiar voice said from behind. She turns and sees Bloodquill partially visible. Moonglare looks confused. "Oops sorry...forgot to show myself completely." He chuckles. He stops and looks at her with a serious look. "Now live on and don't let your sister's dying wish die." Bloodquill turns invisible and Moonglare is alone again.

~Eight years later~

Moonglare pulled herself together after the night Bloodquill saved her. But another vision has been bothering her. She has been seeing her own death for the past five years now. At the talons of another black sandwing. She sees her death at a lake somewhere. Maybe like her sister, she can't fight her death. She has been alone for a while now. So she has begun to sing a song she has made up.

"Why dear sister must I be alone?

You left me all alone.

When we could have lived and died together,

But you told me

'Run and live!'

I should have stayed with you.

Why did you make me suffer a lonely life

Why did you make me be alone...?"

Moonglare would sing that every day. One day she felt a talon on her shoulder when she was singing. She looked back but saw nothing so she continued her sad song. Again she felt a talon on her shoulder and this time she saw a floating sand colored paw. She jumped away and a dragon began to appear before her. That familiar sand colored scales and deep black eyes.

"Stardust?" Moonglare asks this apparition. She nods a pink aura appearing around her.

"I told you, I'd always be with you and I have. And I've decided to show you I am still here. And listen to this, I can now control ice. After death I got this ability." Stardust said. She glided over to her sister and hugs her with her wings.

"Oh Stardust, I've missed you!" Moonglare says as tears fall down her cheeks.

"I know. And now you don't have to be sad anymore." She said as a tear slid down her fading cheek.

~A week later~

Moonglare travels around knowing her sister is with her. She flies into some trees and sees the lake she sees in her visions. She lands and decides to drink some water. She finishes and looks behind her, wondering where the black sandwing is.

"Guess my vision happens somewhere else..." Moonglare says. She starts to walk toward the tree line and freezes. There was the sandwing from her vision. It growled at her, barb pointing toward her neck. She couldn't move from fear. She closes her eyes knowing death is coming.

"Watch out!" A female voice yells. Moonglare opens her eyes and sees a dark purple nightwing pinned on top of the sandwing, digging her talons deep into its scales. It throws her off and pins her under its talons. It points its barb at her face. Moonglare gains her mobility back and charges at the sandwing, grabbing its tail and pulling it off the nightwing. The nightwing tackles the sandwing and Moonglare takes this chance to stab the sandwing in its chest with her barb. The sandwing dies instantly.

"Are you ok? I'm Moonlight and you are?" The purple nightwing said.

This is where Moonglare finally gain a true family and hope that her visions can be changed.

"Moonglare." She replies with a smile on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.6K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
219K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
662K 24.1K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1M 39.7K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...