The Alpha's Gem

By ThatAlphaGirl

'I stare at him completely mesmerized and I unknowingly start to move towards him. He watches me intensely an... More

Chapter 1: The Home
Chapter 2: The New Friend
Chapter 3: Mr. and Mrs. Robeson
Chapter 4: Mate
Chapter 5: Moving
IMPORTANT
Chapter 6: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 7: Lost, Hurt and Revelation
Chapter 8: Double Trouble
Chapter 10: Mine
Chapter 11: The Pack Houses
Chapter 12: Trouble Near The Border
Chapter 13: Mind Reading
Chapter 14: Feeling Loved
Chapter 15: Having A Mate Like Me
Chapter 16: The Suspicious Alpha
Chapter 17: Friends With Better Lives
Chapter 18: Friends With Better Lives (Part 2)
Chapter 19: How I Met His Aunt, Again (Part 1)
Chapter 20: How I Met His Aunt, Again (Part 2)
Chapter 21: Death
Chapter 22: Never Say Never
Chapter 23: Never Losing You, Ever

Chapter 9: She Knows

144 5 0
By ThatAlphaGirl

   (Picture of Ana)

As promised:

                                                                                           Druce's POV

She knows. That's all I can think about as a look at the brown-eyed beauty before me confused as hell. She is beautiful indeed.

She is short, too short. I tower over her 5 ft. 4inch frame easily. She have to look up most of the time when she is talking to me.

I know that she got me hooked from the moment I saw her. But, she doesn't need to know that. It's bad already that I got a mate, someone I didn't want before. I can't say the same now.

My wolf is the controlling freak. Since he is stronger than me and very attracted to our unfortunate mate, it's hard to reject her, hard to deny that her presence here, in our house, is affecting me. Because it is very much doing that.

I like her, I admit this. But she can never know that. She must never find out.

I am a messed up piece of shit with a lot of baggage, secrets and most dangerously, enemies. They can never find out about her.

That's why I have to push her away, but I can't. It's hard when I have to look at her every day, too scared to let her leave my sight, too afraid something will happen to her in that little time.

I have been getting a lot of war threats over the last few years, mostly from Rogue Blade, the wicked stepson of the bitch who murdered my father, my mother.

That's right, my half-brother wants to kill me and he will stop at nothing to do so. That is why I can't love Gemma. I can't mark her and I can't take her out in public.

If I do, I might as well be signing her death certificates. That cannot happen though, not when I only just found her.

I have to kill that Rogue first. I have to know that he is six feet under before I start doing anything with her. She must be safe at all times, and the best place is with me, where I can see her always.

They say I am indestructible, but I am not. I am a weak, pitiful excuse of a man, I believe.

I watched uselessly as my mother murdered my father in his sleep, stabbing him multiple times in the head with our kitchen knife. I was fourteen then, almost a man. But I cried like a baby.

Apparently he forced her to mate with him. She wasn't his real mate and she hated him for that. She found her real mate a few years later, after me and my sister's birth. He wouldn't let her leave, so she killed him and abandoned us.

And I watched the same events transpire again when I watched my mother's mate, Rogue Slade, Blade's father, murdered my sister out of revenge of me murdering my crazy ass mother. She deserved it though.

My sister, Drea, was the light that kept me sane during those tragic years after my father's death. But that wasn't enough to calm my growing anger. I killed my mother soon after, decapitating her head from her body with the same knife she used to kill my father. I killed her mate, Rouge Slade too.

He too deserved it. He was the one who influenced the woman to murder my father.

I don't feel regret, only satisfaction.

I was seeing blood then, everyone's blood and they cowered away from me, especially after I got my Alpha title four years ago. They still do and I feel pleasure sometimes seeing this. I basked in their fears. Now I just ignore them.

--------------------------------------

I am shaken from my stupor when Julie screams, very loudly, causing me to grab my ears cringing slightly.

"You knew? Why didn't you tell me or atleast said something?" she asks Gemma shaking her shoulders roughly.

I am still in shock after what Gemma said. That was unexpected and she surprised me. Gemma laughs and I look at her. I love her laugh. It is very sensational.

"What was I supposed to do? Come and said hey Julie, you don't have to hide. I know you're werewolves". She laughs louder and I smirk. "Knowing you, you'd probably had a heart attack". I nod my head agreeing with her. Julie is way too dramatic.

"But, how do you know about werewolves?" Aunt May asked her. I immediately sense the decline in her mood.

"My mom told me when I was a child". Gemma answers sadly. I touch her back involuntarily and she leans into my touch. "When I was a child she used to tell me about how she came across a wolf in a forest on one of her many trips. She didn't tell me where though. Only that it changed into a boy. She found out then that he was a werewolf". She clears her throat while everyone look at her pitifully. I growl angrily at them.

Aunt May walks over to Gemma and hug her. "I don't understand why you didn't say something. I am so happy we got to you after your parents death before those stupid Rogues". Gemma pulls away from her quickly and stares at her questioningly.

She steps out of Aunt May's arms with an unbelievable look on her face. "You knew my parents?"

Aunt May nods her head attentively. "Yes we did. But she was in danger, she wasn't supposed to know about werewolves. No humans are allowed to, unless you're the mate of one. But that hardly ever happened and the Rogues made it their mission to kill all humans who knew about us".

Gemma starts to shake and I pull her closer to my chest. She sobs softly. "What is that supposed to mean? And how does that explain how you knew my mother?"

"Druce is the werewolf who your mother saw in that forest, right here in Maverly. He was taking a run when he came across her. But a Rogue was there too and he saw everything. Druce tried to kill him but he escaped and told his pack. We tried to protect her but they eventually caught up with her, unfortunately, she was with your father and brother". Aunt May stops and we watch as different emotions come and goes from Gemma's face.

"So, you're telling me that one of your kind killed my family?" She asks angrily and we cringe. I see her Luna voice is coming in already and I watch her fascinated.

Julie shakes her head no, slightly panicking. "No Gemma, Rogues are not the same as us, well physically, we are of the same species, but, mentally, we aren't. They don't stay in packs, but instead make packs of their own. That's not healthy for werewolves. We need an Alpha to remain sane". Gemma nods her head with a look of understanding on her face. She is still hurt though, I can still feel her emotion.

Gemma shakes her head, obviously still confuse. "But how did you know about me before her death?"

I turn her around so that she is looking at me. "Your mom needed protection. We had to make sure we knew about everyone who she might've told about us, for their protection", I say looking at her. "She didn't say anything about telling you but you still needed to be protected, you still do. So, we set out immediately to get you. We received news earlier that the rogues were after your mother. We couldn't get to her, so we got to you. And I am glad we did". She hugs me and cries softly.

I don't why I said that. But I am glad I did. I can tell that it made her happy.

I lift her up and walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. The trio follows behind me quietly.

I sit down on the couch with her still in my lap. I rub her back gingerly and she snuggles into my arms.

-----------------------------------------------

"What the hell are we going to do? What if the Rogues find out that she knows? They'll never stop until they know that she is dead". I growl angrily at Bryce and he backs away with his hands up signaling submission.

Gemma shifts in my arms, pushing herself even closer to me.

She fell asleep thirty minutes ago. I was just sitting here watching her asleep, until my annoying Beta decided to break the moment.

I look at them sternly. "We'll deal with this later. She is already traumatized, she came to know so much in only a few days. Let her rest, and that goes for you too Julie".

She pouts childishly and stomps her feet. "I really wanted to talk to her. We haven't talked in so long". I glare at her and she roll her eyes. "Okay Alpha", she emphasizes.

I look down at Gemma and sigh. I cannot love her, I chant repeatedly in my head. It's too dangerous. But my heart isn't listening. "We'll deal with Blade another day. He can bring his army, but as long as I live he'll never put his hands on her", I promise them. I lean down and kiss her head gently, possessively.

Aunt May looks at me with a motherly expression and I know she is proud of me. For what? I'll ask her that later.

They all seat themselves in the couches in the room, not once making a sound. I know what they are thinking though. I am thinking about the same thing.

"Bryce!" Someone calls loudly. Bryce hold his ears, suddenly looking scared.

He stands up and walk to the door and peeks outside. I watch him amused.

"What the hell are you bellowing down my name for? Are you going mad or something woman?" Bryce yells. Aunt May and Julie laughs loudly causing Gemma to shift again.

I look down at her as her eyes flutters open and gradually begins to get wider when she notices that I am openly staring at her.

She sits up and blush when she realizes that that she is currently sitting on my lap and she scrambles to get up but I hold onto her firmly. She stares at me awkwardly for a while.

Just then an obviously angry brunette stomps her way into the room glaring at a scared looking Bryce. I shake my head. These two though.

Ana, Bryce's current girlfriend and a Runner in the pack, walks over to him and slap him on the head angrily. I say current because she is not his mate, neither of them have found their mate as yet. So, when they do find their mates, if they find them, they'll be pretty much saying goodbye.

The brunette, having ignored all of us, or probably haven't seen us as yet, hugs Bryce lovingly. "Where were you? I was lonely".

Bryce hugs her while patting her back gently. "What are you talking about? It's only two hours since I left you. You are so clingy". Oh no.

Ana pulls back from him and pinches him. "You think I am clingy, huh? Let's see who's the clingy one later, you dog". Julie laughs, and Ana, just now acknowledging our presence, turn and gawk at the brunette in my lap.

A big smile appears on her face and I can see her actions before she do it.

I immediately stand up and push Gemma in front of me with my hands on her waist to prevent her from falling just as Ana's petite but heavy body crashes into hers.

She hugs her tightly and I growl angrily when I hear Gemma's breathing hitch from the tight hug. Ana pulls back with an apologetic look on her face, but then excitement takes over again. Gemma coughs loudly and I rub her back gently.

"You're so pretty. What is your name? I can't believe you found your mate Alpha Druce. You're so lucky", she gushes and Gemma look at her enthusiastically.

Beta Bryce walks over to Ana and grabs her by the arms pulling her to him. "Come on Ana, leave her alone. I'll tell you everything later. Alpha gave us specific orders to let her rest". Ana pouts but go willingly with him.

Gemma turns around and glares at me. I smile nervously and shrugs. What? I am very possessive. Bite me.

---------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

917 12 27
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
317K 8.1K 33
I was looking at world through eyes so innocent they made me disgustingly blind, but thanks to you darling , i'm finally released from my innocent bi...
635K 20.4K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
1M 20.7K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...