Once In a Lifetime

By Penny_Princess

More

*1* Once In A Lifetime.
*3* Once in a Lifetime
4 Once in a Lifetime.

*2*Once In a Lifetime

138 5 7
By Penny_Princess

2 Once in a Lifetime.

The bus pulled over at the entrance of the castle and we got out and a middle aged woman was waiting for us outside.

"Welcome new students and welcome back to the old ones!" She smiled with all her lipstick dirty teeth "If you could follow me to the auditorium, the principal would like to say some words for this semester."

She started leading us to where I suppose was the auditorium.

"They do this every year" Jenna whispered in my ear."Nothing to worry about."

We got into the huge auditorium and found seats in the back and waited to the principal started talking.

"Welcome!! To the old students that are already here some time and for the new one who our costumes still have to learn. I am really glad to have you all here. I just want to tell the new students and remember some old ones that students are not allowed to use their powers against each other or to vandalize school propriety.

"No one follow that rule." Tory whispered in my ear.

I silently chuckle. Maybe a superhero high school, but still a high school.

"So all the old student might go to their rooms, you will get your schedules at the door with Mrs. Lock" He said pointing at the woman with lipstick dirty teeth. "And the new ones please stay sited so we can measure your power's strength."

When he said that I could fell tension filling the room from the new students, but no one's nervousness compared to mine because I knew I would get those looks, those looks that I got from everyone that knew my parents and then got to see my power.

Tory and Jenna wished me luck, but I could see the seizure in their faces (I told them about my 'situation' in the ride here). The principal got into a little room besides the stage and started to call students. And I heard them being called and I saw them going in and coming back, some with a smile on their faces and some seemed on verge of tears.

" Kelly Johnson!" I heard them calling and headed to the little room and all the way there I could feel the other people in the auditorium eyes on my back to add to my nervousness.

I got in that room and there was a chair in the middle of it and at the opposite side there was some seats with the principal and who I guess are the teachers.

"Good Evening Mss. Johnson. There is no need to be nervous I am sure you will do great!" He said with a kind smile and I knew that he knew who my parents were and was going to be so disappointed.

"Okay..." I answered even more nervously than before.

"So, darling, what is your power?"He asked and in his eyes I could see so much hope, that was sad.

"I shape shift..." I said vaguely.

"Really..." He said amazed. Everybody always got that wrong idea when I told them that. " Could you turn yourself into a... table so we could see?"

There we go...

"Nope... Only people and animals." I said and he was starting to talk again when I continued. "But not too big animals or too big people."

I could see all the hope vanishing from his face as quick as a blink.

" Could you shape shift into me?" He asked.

"No, sorry, you're too tall... I could shape shift in Mrs. Lock, like, tops, sorry, and as an animal a Labrador tops??" I answered looking at my feet, I knew everybody at that table was looking at me with curiosity.

"So, Kelly, please a Labrador?"

"Sure!" I said happily.

I changed into a black Labrador and then started changing his color to honey, brown and pink and then went back to being a human.

"I can hold my colors and I can change to any color I want, but that's it."

The principal put a fake smile and I smiled back but it soon faded when I heard a teacher whispering to the other.

"Danny's daughter you know? The one she left because wasn't powerful enough?" As soon as he said it he got that he said it to laud and looked down.

I could feel the tears making their way up but I simply swallowed them and smiled brightly at the principal.

"May I go now?"

"Of course, thank you Mss. Johnson." He answered and I left.

I got out of the room and shifted, I shifted into a beagle's puppy and ran through the school lawn.

I like to say that my other superpower was being able to hide my emotions so well from others and when I wanted to cry or something of sort I just shifted into something and no one would ever know it was me.

I hated when people talked about my mom. I knew that she left because of me; I knew that if I was more powerful she would probably still be at home, happily married to my dad...

I was crying so much that I didn't even realize that someone came and sit besides me.

Whoever it was patted my head and I looked up.

"Why are you crying?" Tattoo boy said, like, way more nicely than he was with me during the whole flight.

My first thought was how sweet of him was to ask me what is wrong and my second one remembered me that he wasn't asking me, he was talking with the puppy dog that I looked like.

I looked up at him.

"You know, Kelly, I am not talking to the dog, I know it's you." He said.

I changed back so I could talk.

"How did you know?" I sniffed lightly

"My own powers" he answered me cockily. "And when you see a blue eyed beagle and know that the girl that was sited besides you in a ten hours flight had those same eyes and could shape shift."

"How did you know my name and how did you know I could shape shift?"

"You don't get tired of asking?" He asked, but answered anyway "You were changing your hair color in the plain and I know your name is Kelly because I heard Jenna and Tory talking about you" He putted and arm around my shoulder "Now, why were you crying?"

No it was my turn to answer. Normally I don't like telling people about my mom and I felt the urge to tell him everything and that he could make it okay. But I didn't.

"None of your business!" I said and got up and walked away.

This time I turned into an adult Labrador and ran to the school and went back into the auditorium.

I went to Mrs. Lock and shifted back.

"I would like my schedule please" And she gave it to me, like student in Labrador's form always came to talk to her and thinking straight in this school I don't even doubt.

So I went (as myself this time) to the dorms and started looking, though I didn't have to look much because in the paper there was my roommates names: Jenna and Torrance and to find them I only had to get into the right hallway, because I could hear Tory laughing a mile away.

"Hey, guys!" I called putting a bright smile on my face.

"Took you long enough! So, how was it?" Tory asked.

"Cool..." I lied but they didn't suspect anything.

And as that we started talking unimportant things again.

And after eating a huge pizza we went to sleep.

And by the time I was getting myself ready to sleep I was already feeling better.

***

Hi!

There it's chapter 2!

Quick question i know there is not much to judge by, but who do you like better?

Tatto boy (lol i almost wrote his name, but you cannot know that) or Tyler?

Tell me please!

And i am soo happy about my first chapter to my first story!

110 reads, 16 votes and 16 comments and seven fans!

Thank you guys soo much!

You totally rock!

Let's keep taht number up!

Love

Penny

Continue Reading