Midnight Shades

נכתב על ידי zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... עוד

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 53

821 56 24
נכתב על ידי zeebooks

Zayn and I spend the next two hours watching and listening to the royals. To say that it is a surprise to know what they are planning to do would be an understatement, it was like a fucking slap to the face.

What Conall and Ragnar have in store for us is not a surprise, I didn't expect anything less from them, especially when I saw them together in that room. Zayn is enraged, having no idea that they are up to such horrendous things, even though he has this incredible room to know every detail.

By the time we are finished and the royals leave the Main House, me and Zayn are mentally exhausted. Too many things are running through our minds, different ideas on how to end this shit, though thankfully, we both agree on one thing; we will stop this, sooner or later.

On the way home, Zayn and I do some planning for tomorrow and how to break the news to the rest before we both part ways. As I sigh heavily and rub my forehead because of the headache, I spot Sir Boyd and Esme in a tight embrace as he kisses her forehead and hugs her to him.

Smiling a little to myself, I continue on my way towards my house, not wanting to disturb them and cut their moment, and wanting to be home in case Louis comes early or something. It's now eleven—thirty, which means that it's only half an hour till midnight, till Louis comes.

Inside the house, my father and mother are both sitting on the couch and laughing about something that I don't even want to know. I'm so fucking pissed off right now, by just looking at my father. What selfish and unbelievable decisions he has made. I don't know why or how did he do that, it just doesn't make sense, this isn't my father's character.

He can never be hateful, fool or selfish, but what I heard earlier proved me otherwise. It truly did prove to me that people aren't always who they claim to be. They can be manipulative, deceitful and evil.

Fuck. I don't want to judge my father, not so quickly, but what he has done and said today cannot make me do otherwise. It hurts me that he is like that, it devastates me.

"I'm going to sleep." I announce as soon as they notice that I arrived.

Mother raises one eyebrow at me. "You just woke up like, three hours ago."

"I'm tired, mother. I haven't got any sleep in a while." I quickly lie, thanking Lyara for the millionth time that I'm really good at lying.

"Alright, darling," She sighs. "Good night."

I wait for my father to say something, but when he keeps his eyes averted and mouth shut, I shake my head and head towards my room, slamming the door behind me just to let him know that I'm pissed off.

Changing into my pyjamas, I let my hair down and throw myself on the bed with a huff. As I stare at the ceiling, I remember Aaliyah and that Louis should be bringing her number with him. I wonder what she wants and what happened with her, Louis said that she looked like hell, so I can only hope that she is okay.

Do I? Do I want her to be okay? Of course. She might have deceived us by her death, put us all in great pain, along with her widow mother and young brother. She might have acted selfishly, but I cannot help but want her to be more than okay. After all, I know nothing of what she has been through when she was here, I didn't feel what she felt, so maybe it was the right thing for her to do.

Also, I need to tell Louis about everything that is happening, I need to know what will he say and will he agree or not. I think that's what I'm fearing the most; him not agreeing—even though I have this unsettling feeling inside of me that he will not agree.

Do you ever get one of those feelings when you know that something extremely awful will happen so soon, yet you pray that it's not true? That everything will be fine? I have one of those now, a strong one at that, and I cannot help but know that it will happen indeed.

A knock on my window interrupts my inner thoughts, making me get up and see Louis standing there with a wave. Artair must have told him where my house is. Grinning, I get up and open the window for him to get inside.

I shut the window and turn to him, placing my hands on his face. "You're freezing."

"It's bloody cold and windy outside." He nods as I hug him before turning the heater on.

"How are you?" I ask once we sit down on the bed.

"Good, good," He smiles. "Oh, here's Aaliyah's number."

He takes out a folded paper from his pocket and hands it to me. I grab my phone and quickly save her number in my contacts, not wanting to lose it. I fear what she has in store for me. I lay down on the bed and let out a deep sigh, feeling completely exhausted.

"What's wrong?" Louis mutters as he presses a kiss to my forehead, lying on his side and throwing his arm over my waist.

"Will you stay tonight, with me?" I ask, looking at him.

He looks back and forth between my eyes, eyebrows furrowing before he says quietly, "Sure, yeah."

I nod with a smile before pressing a kiss to his lips and getting up to lock the door of my room. Getting back in the bed, we both rest in our previous positions as Louis pushes the hair out of my forehead and presses a kiss to my nose.

"What's troubling you?" He asks quietly, eyes pouring into mine.

I smile a little as I trace his lips with my thumb. "How did you know that there's something?"

He grins and nudges his nose with mine. "You're not talking."

I laugh lightly before asking, "Are you saying that I talk too much?"

"Just a little," He scrunches his nose up and I swat his chest, making him laugh. "But for real though, what's wrong?"

I take in a deep breath, realising that it's time I tell him. "I have to tell you something."

"Mmhmm, what is it?" He waits patiently for me to tell him.

"You remember Conall, don't you?" I ask and he nods. "Well, he sent me another note a few weeks ago, basically telling me that it starts sooner than I think."

"What starts sooner?" He cuts me off.

I keep my gaze steady with his. "Whatever he has planned. Anyway, I thought that I should be ready for whatever he is going to do, and by ready, I mean start knowing my powers, my weakness and training as hard as I can."

He furrows his eyebrows at me. "I thought you have no powers?"

"I don't," I say in a rush. "I meant inner powers, like, being smart or something." I try to give him an example. I cannot let him know that he is my power, even if he already knows.

"Okay...?" He urges me to continue.

Sighing, I say, "Earlier I... I found out that the royals are going to build a wall, between us and humans. They want us... isolated."

Louis moves away from me and sits up straight on the bed. "A wall?"

"Yes, and they are planning to put strict laws here and other things, so me and a few others are planning to rebel against the royals." I tell him and watch as he raises his eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean by rebel?"

"Fight them and remove them from ruling the village," I answer. "We are going to fight against them. I don't want to live like that anymore and neither does the others."

"Tallulah, if you're doing that on my behalf, then don't do it." He tells me firmly.

"I'm not." I lie—well, half lie. "I'm doing this because I want to be free and I don't even like it here."

He nods slowly before saying, "Continue."

"We are going to fight them, and I will be against Conall first." I say, sucking in a breath.

"Make it clearer, Tallulah." He asks from me.

"Before rebelling against the royals, I'll have to face Conall first on my own." I tell him, looking back and forth between his eyes.

"Why?" He replies quickly.

"Because Conall is somehow the one who created all of this mess, and it's all because of me, he is after me because I'm not pure—blooded. I'm planning on ways to trick him until I have him under my hand." I stop, wanting to know what he thinks.

"Hell no," He scoffs. "You're not going against him on your own, fuck no."

"This isn't why I'm telling you about this," I say, standing up from the bed. "I'm going to need your help against the royals."

"I'm not letting you go against Conall on your own." He seethes, getting up as well.

"I don't want your approval on this, Louis," I say, averting my eyes from his. "I want you to help us with the royals, I just told you about Conall because I don't want to hide anything away from you."

"I'm sorry but you're insane if you think you can take him down on your own," He shakes his head. "The guy is lunatic for goodness' sake! He can kill you for all that I know."

"He won't," I assure him and myself. "Just believe in me, Louis, I can do this."

"Why can't anyone help you? Why can't I help you with this?" He asks, breathing heavily.

"Because everyone else will be busy with the royals, they're a lot and that's why I want you to help them. Each one of us will have something to do, and mine is facing Conall," I clarify. "I'm going to ask for Peter's help as well, and Artair will tell Liam, the more help they get the better."

"Baby girl, I can't let you do this." He says quietly.

I walk over to him and sandwich his face in my palms. "Yes, you can. Just please, Louis, I need you to help them."

"I can't help them without helping you." He shakes his head.

"But you're helping me by helping them." I almost whine, trying to let him agree to this.

He shakes his head again. "You're going to be alone against him, and they're a lot, you're going to need at least anyone, me."

"You know I won't hesitate to tell you if I need you, but please trust me on this." I plea, searching between his eyes.

He drops his forehead against me. "I don't know what to do."

"Then I'll be your guide," I whisper. "Just trust me on this, please."

Silently, he wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me to him tightly. I wrap my arms around him as well, knowing that I'm forcing him to do something that he doesn't want—or rather do something else.

I'm scared. I'm scared of everything that is going to happen from the next minute. Sure, we got everything planned and we are still planning and getting ready for everything, but I have this feeling that what we are getting ourselves into is way bigger than us.

"You know I can't lose you." Louis murmurs against my neck, pressing a kiss there.

"You won't." I don't know if that's true or not.

A few minutes later, we sit on the bed, cuddling while watching the TV. Louis remains silent, speaking only a few words if needed. His mind is troubled and busy with thoughts, and the regret of telling him fills me, but I know that it was a must.

"I can now get my wings out, on my own." I tell him, trying again.

"Yeah?" He looks down at me, voice and eyes empty. "That's cool."

"You don't want to see them?" I ask, voice almost in a whisper.

He smiles slightly and presses a kiss to my forehead. "Later."

I sigh and sit straight on the bed, turning to face him. "Please, just please, stop being mad at me."

"I'm not mad," He shakes his head. "I promise. I'm just thinking about all of that."

"What about it?" I ask desperately.

"It sounds too big, angel," He sighs. "You're rebelling against your own people, fighting them for me, or like humans in general. That's just not right."

I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm not doing that for you, Louis, or anyone else. We're all doing this because we're tired of living here like animals, with no freedom and sound. I'm doing it because I don't want to be like that."

"You're so brave, you know that?" He smiles as he tucks my hair behind my ear.

"I'm not," I shrug and say truthfully. "I'm so scared of everything right now, all is unexpected and you never know what's going to happen or... or who we're going to lose."

The crack at the end makes Louis sit up straight and holds me in his arm, one tear rolling down my cheek as I hold onto his shirt tightly.

"All will be fine, angel, don't worry," He says into my hair, kissing my head. "All will be fine."

"All will be fine." I repeat. All should be fine.

(Thank you for reading! Surprise no.2 shall be here soon, get ready. Don't forget to comment and vote xoxo)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

304K 7.9K 31
I've liked this boy since fifth grade. But he's my brothers friend. His best friend.
616K 37.5K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
61.6K 3K 32
Sequel to Dear Nick. This story continues where Dear Nick left off, in the epilogue. If you haven't read Dear Nick, read it to see how they began. Th...
10.7K 121 33
What if King Agnarr and Queen Iduna were still alive? And what is Elsa and Anna went with their parents on their voyage? Agnarr and Iduna tried to...