Back To The Start (ON HOLD)

By GoddessOfAphrodite

I haven't always been like this. I got straight A's. I never skipped school or even talked back to my parents... More

Chapter 1 - How It Started
Chapter 2- Not Your Ordinary School
Chapter 3- Some Kind Of First Night
Chapter 4- Face to Face With The Devil
Chapter 5 - Hell For Lunch
Chapter 6- Cereal For An Apology
Chapter 7 - Take This Away
Chapter 8 - Throwing Those Two Years
Chapter 9 - Open For 12 Hours
Chapter 10- Matchy Matchy
Chapter 11- Call For Back Up
Chapter 12- Asking Friendship
Chapter 13 - Drunk and High
Chapter 14 - Starting Over
Chapter 15 - Seriously, I Tried
Chapter 16 - My P.O.V
Chapter 17 - Duck Tape My Mouth
Chapter 18 - Proclaimed Ungrateful
Chapter 19 - Surprise Tag-Along
Chapter 20 - Like Nothing Happened
Chapter 21 - Wendy Runaway With Me
Chapter 22 - The Call
Chapter 23 - Back To Reality
Chapter 24 - Unexpected As Heck
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 25 - Then There Was Pain
Chapter 26 - The Feel of The Sun
Chapter 27- Project Make Her Smile
Chapter 28 - Not So Disney Day
I HAVE BEEN TRYING
Chapter 29 - Getting Back Up
Chapter 30 - The Truth
Chapter 31 - Custaroons? I love you.
Chapter 32 - I Beat Jenna Hamilton
Chapter 33 - Biggest Clue
Chapter 34 - Lzaer Tag Disaster
Chapter 36 - What Happens Now?
Chapter 37 - Three Months And Four Days
I HATE TO DO THIS

Chapter 35 - Cannot Be Long Hidden

5.4K 238 32
By GoddessOfAphrodite

Chapter 35 - Cannot Be Long Hidden

Alec's P.O.V.

      "What's up with you?" Tate whispered towards me.

       We were currently ducked under a huge water tank with our lazer guns in hand. Tate was catching his breath from all the running we just did. It was obvious that he was so hyped up by the way he was constantly drumming the side of his gun. But, I, on the other hand, was far from being hyped up.

      There was one thing on my mind and it doesn't really take a genius to know what it was. What happened this morning was just something imprinted in my mind. I was nervous about asking Tori, yes, but I was pretty sure she was going to say yes after all the weeks we've been acting like a complete couple. 

      Tate bumped his shoulder with mine with a questioning look on his face. 

      "Well? Are you gonna leave me with this face?" Tate asked as he scrunched his eyebrows together like he was on the verge of pooping his pants. 

       "I do not look like that," I defended but wondered deep inside if I actually did look like I was about to poop my pants.

       He placed down his gun on the floor and started to sit on the floor. Tate looked up at me with an inviting look.

       "Come on. Sit the fuck down. Its time for a little heart to heart," he said.

       So I did. I sat down beside Tate on the floor and settled my gun on my lap. 

       "You do realize that we're abandoning our game, right?"

       Of course Tate would never admit that he was abandoning a game. Instead Tate shook his head with a gleeful gleam on his face. 

       "Nope. This is simply letting our teammates have the chance to try."

       "Mhm..."

       "Now. Go on and tell, Grandpa Tate."

       I was about to protest about how unnecessary his comment was but whatever I really do need to get things out of my chest.

       "I took Tori on a hot air balloon ride this morning to watch the sunrise," I started.

       "Aaaand?"

       Now that I was finally getting everything out of my chest it was like a free flow of words.

       "I really thought she was gonna say yes. Everything between us changed. We're closer now, Tate. I didn't think it was possible to be more in love with her. And I really did believe that she felt the same way about me just as much or even just half of what I feel for her. But she just said no.

        And she said that it was just she needed time to be completely honest with me. I respect that. I know something happened to her in those two years that I was gone. But I was gonna accept her no matter what it is. But I can't get this thing out of my head that I lost my chance with her the moment I left."

      Just as soon as I was done a hard smack came across the back of my head. I yelped out and just as the initial shock has subsided I glared at my so called best friend (guy since Tori is the number one bff). 

       "What the hell was that for?" I hissed at him.

       Tate rolled his eyes at me. "I know it sucks to be turned down. But, Alec, we're talking about Tori here. You of all people should know how fucked up she is."

      "I am giving her time. But what's bothering me the most is her secret and the fact that once I find out I might regret more my decision to leave."

      "Do you have no clue at all?"

       The answer was simple: yes. But I don't think my mind was ready to wrap up to the idea. It was like I know what it was but I just couldn't simply accept it just yet. I know that truth does and will always hurt.

       Before I could even formulate an answer a scream echoed from somewhere.

       "Alec!"

       As soon as I heard it, I was already up on my feet and sprinting towards the direction I THINK it came from.

       Million of things were running in my mind as I tried to locate Tori in the dark maze. My heart was beating roughly against my chest but I just kept on running.

        "Get off her!"

       I turned to a left and the sight that greeted me brought dark colors in my mind. Georgina was standing in front of Tori who was pinned on the wall by Dray. She looked like she was about to sack him by the balls or whatever. It doesn't really matter what I saw because all I was sure about was that everything felt hazy. 

       "What the fuck," someone hissed behind me.

       Anger erupted in me. Next thing I knew, my fist connected with Dray's jaw. The asshole was sent spiralling away from Tori. From the corner of my eye I saw her sliding down to the floor but Georgina was already by her side. It was like I was on autopilot. Everything was just black as I continued to give Dray blow after blow even when he was already blood red and on the floor. It didn't even matter that he was also giving me a few punch.

      Just when my fist was about to land on the asshole's now blood covered face, I felt someone hold me by the shoulder, prying me away from Dray.

      "That's enough, Alec," Tate sternly said to me.

      "Get off!" I hissed.

       I was far from done with Dray. But I was already far away from him with Tate and the blonde guy with a shaved eyebrow holding me and Marcus shielding Dray who was in his girlfriends hands.

      "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kaya, Dray's girlfriend hissed at me. 

       Dray spat out some blood from his mouth. He wiped his mouth off and sent a smirk towards my direction. My blood boiled under my skin. I shrugged the boys' hands away from me just so I could land another punch on the asshole's face. But before I could reach him, Tate was already sending him back down onto the floor.

      "YOU BASTARD!" Tate screamed.

      "Stop! Alec, we need to get Tori to the hospital," Georgina shouted at us. 

       Tori. 

       Her name was enough to make my blood turn cold. I turned around to face them only to see Georgina trying to get Tori in her arms as the girl I love squirmed under her touch. I ran towards her and crouched down in front of her. She was breathing heavily with her face wet from tears. 

       "Tori, clam down. Just breathe," I said.

       I tried to reach out to her but she just swatted my hands away with so much fear in her eyes. The movement made me want to get up and just give another blow to that bastard, but I couldn't leave Tori like this.

       From my back I could hear there was commotion. I hadn't even noticed that all the lights were now turned on which lighted up the whole room. My mind was flying everywhere as I tried my best to calm Tori down. 

       "It's just me, Tori. I'm not gonna hurt you," I said constantly at her.

       But unlike what happened this morning my words didn't snap her back from reality. She was shaking terribly with tears continuing to fall from her eyes. It was obvious that she could hardly breathe anymore. 

        "No please. No," she pleaded.

        "Sir, please step away. Just hold her hand."

<><><><><>

        Everything felt surreal as I sat down at the waiting room with the rest of my friends. No one made a sound as soon as Tori was taken in a room. I could still hear her screams of help and her constant sobbing even though it had been quiet for more than half an hour now. 

        There was now a little voice in my head telling me what Tori's secret could be. But I waved it off. No, she was allowed to act like that.

        In the other room, Dray was admitted. I was tempted to get inside and just have another blow at him but I couldn't move. I was just too paralyzed by my own thoughts.

        "Tori Adams?" A doctor came in.

        All five of us stood up at the mention of her name. And the doctor went towards us with no expression on his look. Inside I was calming myself and was chanting that nothing major was wrong. It wasn't a life or death situation. 

        "You can all go see here now. But I suggest one at time since she's resting."

        We all went towards her room. But once we got in front of her door no one dared to enter. 

       "I don't know what I'll say to her," Sasha whispered.

       Tate nodded his head and pulled Sasha into his arms.

        "You should go first, Alec," Leo said. 

        And I did.

        Tori was on the bed with her eyes closed. There was a bruising just under her cheek. My heart ached at the sight of her. 

         Taking the seat beside her bed, I cautiously took her hand in mine. As soon as my fingers lightly touched her skin, she jolted with her eyes opening  with so much fear.

          "It's okay. It's just me," I soothed.

          The stillness in her body faded slowly as if she was completely processing me in front of her. But once she was a bit relaxed her fingers tightened around my hand. She closed her eyes as silent sobs escaped her lips.

          My movements were swift and careful. I moved away from my chair and sat on her bed. I took her in my arms and let her cry. Every painful breath she took was like a dagger in my heart. Seeing her hurt was just too much for me.

         "He won't hurt you now. You're here now, love. I'm here. I'm not gonna let him or anyone hurt you," I whispered to her.

         We stayed in that position for a while. I just held her in the most assuring and comforting way as possible as she cried immensely against my chest.

          After a while, she pulled away but tears were still tailing on her cheeks. "I have to tell you something."

         Her words shook. I reached for her face and wiped her tear-stained cheeks with my thumbs.

         "Anything, Tori."

         "Two- almost three years ago," she stopped to take in a shaky breath, "I-I was..." she trailed off.

         I took her in my arms again and let her lay her head against my chest. I know from this position she could hear how hard my heart was beating but I didn't care. I could also feel the way her heart was beating against her chest as if it was matching my heart's fast beating.

        "You can tell me anything," I murmured against her skin as I planted a soft encouraging kiss on her forehead.

        "Do you remember that night you and I had a fight about you not taking the audition Uncle Zach offered you?" she asked with her voice so little it was almost impossible for me to hear.

        "Yes."

         How could I? That was the last fight Tori and I ever had. The morning after she was not answering my calls or texts anymore. 

         "Well, that night," she sucked in a breath as if the memory still hurts like it was just from yesterday.

        I could feel the way her hand clutched my shirt tightly. And I was preparing for whatever she was going to say.

        "I went to a party. It was about 11 pm when I decided that I was not having it. I didn't want to go to some party knowing that you and I were not in good terms. So I left... and stupidly walked to your house."

          Without her even finishing the story just yet I already knew what was coming. The thing that I was pushing at the back of mind was now confirmed. And my heart was just constantly breaking at the idea that I couldn't help but hold on to the girl I love with tears flowing out of my eyes.

<><><><><>

To be honest I stopped here because I couldn't put what happened to Tori into words plus I have school tomorrow and I'm like writing instead of studying lol. NO RAGRETS.

Anyway....

More exciting things to come!

Vote? Comment? Follow?

Thank you!

Always smile :)

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 1 11
Drama. Life. And teens. Hehe :3
11.8M 284K 37
I don't know how it happened. One minute I'm living an extremely lonely life and all it takes is getting lost to change all of that. But, change is g...
18.7K 643 54
Hi! I'm Tyler Marie Delgado . I'm just your average teen with big dreams! And sarcastic attitude and never shuts up. Come join my roller coaster life...
213 16 13
When I was born, I wasn't born with this "Red String" everyone apparently had. It seemed to connect people, to have people's hearts never broken. Wel...