The Ninja from Nowhere (Narut...

Od SuziWolfgang

3rd place winner, Naruto Watty Awards, Rising Authors A mysterious girl appears, no one knows where she comes... Více

Chapter 1: White Beast
Chapter 2: Raising Yukana Harugami
Chapter 4: New Sights
Chapter 5: Graduation
Chapter 6: Teams
Chapter 7: Final Test
Chapter 8: Pass, Fail
Chapter 9: Missions
Chapter 10: Demon of the Hidden Mist
Chapter 11: Training
Chapter 12: Bridge Battle
Chapter 13: Questions
Chapter 14: Chunin Exams
Chapter 15: Test 1
Chapter 16: Test 2
Chapter 17: The Snake. . . Man?
Chapter 18: Enter the Tower
Chapter 19: Preliminary Test
Chapter 20: Genin vs Genin
Chapter 21: New Lessons
Chapter 22: Summoning Jutsu!
Chapter 23: Spirit Style
Chapter 24: Test 3
Chapter 25: Betraying One's Values
Chapter 26: What's Loved is Lost
Chapter 27: The Dawn of Red Clouds
Chapter 28: Back on Track
Chapter 29: Izumi's Killer

Chapter 3: Yukana's Story

6.7K 268 69
Od SuziWolfgang

Dull splotches of color surrounded in darkness fills the young girl's vision. She's doing her best at keeping out of sight from the gathering whisper heads in front of her. Those demons don't cause harm, physically that is, but they are mentally damaging and difficult to kill. They look like mushroom caps that are shrouded in long, white translucent sheets and they float around whispering the most terrible things in your ear and you can't help but succumb to their abuse. Yukana decided it would be best not to pick a fight with a group as large as that and continued on her journey in this world of death.

Father told me there is another demon invading his world and that it needs to be rid of. Yukana past a pack of hell hounds who no longer bother her after being defeated so many times in their past fights. They eyed her carefully as she past. Yukana clutched the scaly demon hide around her for protection incase the hounds changed their minds.

There have been many times when Yukana has fought demons much stronger than her, but before she could die her father would come to her rescue, restraining her enemy with his hair and killing it with the knife he always carries between his teeth. After he kills a demon, he leaves Yukana where she is to recover by eating the corpse of the freshly killed demon. When Yukana was too young to fight for her food, she would originally find dead demons left by others and would eat what's left of the rotting flesh. Ever since her first kill, she'll never go back to eating decayed leftovers. She doesn't always eat the whole demon despite it being fresh, because let's face it, it still tastes disgusting.

Yukana followed the sounds of the new intruder and prepared herself to attack. Looking down over a cliff, she saw the biggest demon she had ever seen. Her jaw dropped in awe of the creature. It looked like it had a strong defense system and had three ginormous tails. Yukana barred her teeth and leapt off the cliff onto the demon's back with a battle cry. She ran towards its face and started punching its cheek with all her might. The demon didn't even take notice, which frustrated her and she kicked it right in its eyeball earning a rear of its head and bright light suddenly flashed and surrounded her and the creature. Suddenly, it became extremely cold and darker than it was before and Yukana was floating and couldn't breath! She looked up to see a faint light above her and tried to float up to it, but her heavy demon hide weighed her down, so she ripped it off and struggled upwards towards the light. Finally breaking the surface, she gasped for air until she sunk under again flailing her arms, she broke the surface of the wet substance and kept her head up. Her eyes stung when she tried to open them and in addition to the cold wetness, bright light offended her eyes.

Yukana paddled towards solid ground in a panic before she could fall beneath the watery surface once again. She scrambled out of the large lake and took deep, desperate breaths. Shielding her eyes from the light, she took in her surroundings. She was near a forest edge next to a large lake. Yukana has never seen so much water in one place before.

Forest sounds reached the girls ears causing her to turn her head towards the trees. Now realizing that she no longer could feel her father's presence, a tinge of fear shivered through out her body, but the beautiful sights of this bright world distracted her from immediate worry. Vibrant colors she's never seen before filled her vision and took her breath away, but not like the water did to her earlier. Taking her first step towards the woods, she stopped and looked down to see the same green color on the ground and it was soft to the touch. She rubbed her feet over it and smiled in admiration.

The young Yukana touched all the trees she walked by and smelled all the new scents overwhelming her nose. There was no smell of death here. The girl stopped her stroll at the sound of a low growl coming from behind her and her fear rose again, along with her guard getting ready to fight this demon who dared to challenge her. A humungous ball of brown fur approached her, baring its fangs. Yukana got in a defensive stance studying this new creature. It stood up on its hind legs and roared at her as it charged. The girl followed suit and lunged at the large pawed creature.

The bear swatted the white haired girl away with a roar and got down on all fours again. Yukana growled in frustration and she spun around, lunging at the bear and grabbed around its neck and swung herself on its back. She dug her fingers into its neck and discovered its hide is as tough as some other demons she's fought. The girl ripped the bears fury skin from its neck earning a roar of pain from her victim. Now that its insides were exposed, she dug her hand into its neck and tore out its throat. The brown bear fell to the ground, dead.

Yukana stood up from her kill and examined the scratch on her arm. Remembering she shed her protection in the lake and was completely naked, she started ripping off the bears hide and tore it into a blanket she wrapped herself with and ripped off a long piece to tie around her waist. She couldn't stop feeling the sensational, softness of the fur coat since fur covered demons were quite rare. After this attack, Yukana deemed all the creatures here to be hostile and she must kill on sight especially now that her father wasn't here to get her out of a bind. The girls stomach started to growl from hunger, so she got down on her knees and ripped off a bloody piece of flesh from her kill and sunk her teeth in it. Her eyes widened at the new taste. This is nothing like the other creatures I've killed, this tastes so much better! Yukana filled her stomach with raw bear flesh, satisfying her hunger.

The young girl kept walking and noticed the bright light starting to go dim, which was welcoming to her sensitive eyes. She kept walking in the dark and came across a few new animals which were also covered in fur and she killed everyone she saw before they could even think about attacking her. She walked, killed and ate all night until the sun started to rise again and she decided now may be a good time to rest. She found a small cave inside a cliff which she curled herself up in and lightly slept through out the day until night time came once again.

Yukana has no idea how long she had been exploring for and eventually came across a new kind of creature she observed from up a tree. They had fur on top of their heads and did not have any fur or scales on the rest of their bodies, but had a different kind of hide which flowed with their movements and the rushing of air. Constant, strange sounds came from their mouths. These were the strangest creatures she's ever seen. She couldn't help but see some slight similarities between them and her father. Trying to get a closer look at them, a limb snapped drawing their attention to her.

"What was that?" Before the people could react a small, white haired girl covered in blood shot towards them from out of the tree, baring her nails and teeth. "Look out!"

Yukana landed on one of their backs and snapped his neck before leaping at the second one, doing the same. She looked around to see if there were anymore threats before examining her new kills. She felt the strange hide covering their bodies and it was kind of soft but, at the same time, kind of smooth. She fiddled with the strange material until she discovered that this wasn't their hide at all, underneath, these creatures had soft, bare skin. I wonder if these things taste better than fury demons. Yukana ripped off a handful of flesh from the creatures shoulder and took a bite. Retching, she immediately spit it out. This tastes worse than old demon carcass! Yukana felt sick to her stomach and threw the disgusting flesh to the side. I will try to avoid fights with this kind so I won't have to eat them. Father always told me to eat what I kill. He said it will make me stronger to fight off more invading demons. So far, Yukana noticed that these soft skinned creatures are not very equipped to be much of a threat judging by the lack of fangs and claws.

Through out Yukana's travels, she's noticed more soft skin creatures and it seemed like they were trying to hunt her now. They carried sharp tools to attack with causing her to change her mind about their threat level, so she killed all she could see. Still wanting to honor her father's orders, as if doing this will transport her back to him, she at least took one bite out of the one's she's killed and tried different parts to see if any tasted better than the other, trying a different internal organ with each carcass. They all tasted equally nasty, but made herself swallow the flesh either way.

One morning, Yukana found a small hollow at the base of a tree to sleep in. Since leaving her father's world, she has never had a more relaxing sleep. The distant sounds of the little demons chirping in the trees were surprisingly soothing unlike the loud, terrifying roars she's used to. During her peaceful slumber, she felt a looming presence making her eyes fly open and lunge at the soft skinned demon who invaded her hidey hole. It was still light out resorting her to cover her eyes in pain at the sudden change of lighting. Owe the light, it hurts so much more after waking up. Yukana dodged some sharp objects making ready to take down her attacker until she was surrounded in smoke only to see stiff bars surrounding her. What is this? What's happening!? Are they going to kill and eat me now? She panicked, but still fought with spirit as if she still had the upper hand, always resorting to fight rather than flight.

----------

The girl saw strange structures up ahead and upon seeing tall walls, she had to get out of here as quick as she can before she could be trapped for good. Lashing out at all the soft skins to keep them away from her, she felt a strong, familiar evil presence from behind her. Turning around, she saw a young soft skin and narrowed her eyes at him knowing that feeling is coming from him. She made the first move before it could attack her and was glad that she was successful in scaring it away.

Yukana was brought inside an enclosed room where she saw her most hated demon, the whisper head. This one's cap was red, but had the same white flowing tail trailing underneath it. As soon as her cage door was opened, she lunged at the whisper head and knocked off the cap, which fell to the ground. She circled the whisper head making sure it was really dead. I didn't hit it that hard, maybe they are weaker here. She suddenly felt herself flying in the air only to be harshly slammed into a hard object and restrained. She screamed in protest earning her a punch in the face by an abnormally large soft skin. She growled in hatred towards him, disappointed with herself at falling to the mercy of this weak demon species.

Thrashing about, Yukana suddenly heard the most beautiful sound in the world and stopped her fighting. Looking back to where the sound was coming from, a soft skin approached her with a shiny object where the sound was coming from and it knelt in front of her. When it stopped playing she wanted to hear more, but it was like it couldn't understand her, so she made sound come out of her mouth trying to tell the player she wanted more pretty sounds, but instead her hair was removed from her eyes letting all the bright light in. She hissed in pain while shutting her eyes tight. The light hurts!

Many demons left the room and among the ones who stayed was the sound maker. Yukana accepted her fate for now as long as she had pretty sounds to listen too. She was curious about the things the other soft skins were rubbing her with and bit at them. I feel wet again. Water was so scarce in her father's world, she would resort to drinking blood to quench her thirst. When she did find a little water it was always muddy, but tasted better than blood. She never knew too much water could be dangerous until she found herself at the bottom of it.

The white robed demon that had the whisper head attached to him held out a bowl that had a sweet smell wafting from it. He scooped up a ball of small white things as if he thought she knew what to do with it. Yukana stared at the soft skin projecting her thoughts and feelings to him like how she would communicate with her father. What do you want? She was answered with him speaking strange sounds and watched him take a mouth full of the stuff. Oh I get it, I'm supposed to eat it, well it sure smells good. Yukana took a bite only to want more until she finished the bowl.

The demon unrestrained her for which Yukana was grateful and thought it best to stick with the one who's taking care of her, for now, in this strange world.

Yukana was lead to a different room and the sound maker took her to a smaller room with cold hard floors. She watched a large bowl on the ground being filled with what looked like water. What is it doing? The player coaxed her to come closer. Well she doesn't seem like she wants to hurt me, maybe that's not water inside that thing? Yukana approached the tub and stuck her hand in the clear liquid. IT'S WATER!! Yukana screamed in fear and jumped to the other side of the room, gasping in panic.

The soft skin then turned something else on and coaxed her towards it. Yukana felt the falling wet drops. It's water, but it can't hurt me like this. The demon helped shed her smelly bear skin and lead her inside the shower. Yukana liked the warmth of the water and never thought she could feel this good. The soft skin washed off all the blood with pretty smelling bubbles. Yukana was then dried off and she watched the demon point to something on the wall. What is it? She walked towards her and looked at what she was pointing at. Yukana gasped at what she was seeing. What is this? Is this me? She waved her hand in front of the mirror for confirmation. This is what I look like? And the demon, she looks like me! We are. . . we are the same! We are the same kind! She hugged the woman beside her. Father, isn't it great? I found my own kind, I'm safe here, they won't hurt me.

Yukana greeted the old, robed man with enthusiasm like it was the first time. They showed her a soft material she felt compelled to sleep on and drifted off into the deepest sleep she has every experienced.

Music and food. Music and food. Yukana thought she died and gone to heaven. After a while, her two care takers started to try to get her to copy their communication sounds. No, no! They need to learn to talk like me it's a more sincere way of communication. Everything is out in the open. I can't even feel their true selves through sound alone. I know, I must teach them how to talk! Yukana ignored what they were trying to teach her while she tried to speak to them like how she does with her father.

A long time had passed and Yukana, nor her caregivers were making any progress with each other. The girl had started to gradually understand what a lot of their words meant, but refused to try any herself until they understood what she was trying to tell them through thoughts and feelings.

One day, Yukana's friend called Izumi did not come over to play her music which didn't go unnoticed. Where is she? Why isn't she here yet? Yukana went to her guardian called Hiruzen to try and find out why. She came into his office and found him in his chair with a forlorn look in his eyes. Why is he sad? Yukana approached him and thought the only way to ask about Izumi was to sing the notes of a song she played. He said a few words in return and showed her a picture of Izumi. Yukana smiled knowing that she was getting somewhere, until a new picture was held up of Izumi, dead and bloodied. No. . . no, this can't be. Does this mean. . . it can't, she can't be. . . . Yukana cried in agony and covered her face in her hands. Tears poured down her cheeks while she curled up against the wall. Why? Why? I never got to teach her how to talk, but I know the words now. Why didn't I just speak to her while I had the chance!? "Iz-u-mi."

"What?" Hiruzen looked at her, puzzled.

"IZUMI!" Yukana yelled. "Izumi Uchi-ha!" Hiruzen rushed over to the crying girl and picked her up to comfort her. I must find the demon who did this. Yukana vowed.

Over time, Yukana gradually healed over the loss of her dear friend and started to talk a bit more for fear of not getting the chance to communicate before losing the chance all together. One day while looking out the window, she saw the demon boy. That must be the one who did it. She growled. Your time will come, demon. She eyed the blonde boy.

"That is Naruto." Yukana heard Hiruzen say beside her. He explained his story which the girl found shocking.

How could they? All the villagers, they treat him like this? They lost their family and they blame it on the boy? Do they not understand that he has to bare the demon who killed his own parents? If anyone should be suffering, it should be him. They shouldn't be allowed to suffer so much if they treat him like that. Yukana thought after hearing his story. From then on, she decided when the time comes for her to meet him, she will do what ever it takes to ease his suffering despite the intimidating demon inside. Yukana liked to watch the people from up in the tower and found some of their actions rather curious, such as a group of girls chasing a young black haired boy through the streets. Maybe he's done something wrong and the girls are trying to punish him?

Yukana attended her usual lessons which were a lot easier to understand now that they can properly communicate with each other. When she turned ten, Hiruzen introduced her to his grandson. He was a cute feisty little boy whom she became close friends with and his sensei, Ebisu, would sometimes train them both in chakra control.

"I just can't seem to get this, Ebisu sensei," Yukana concluded with a sigh. "Maybe I'm not cut out to be a ninja."

"That's because you haven't been training on your own!" The glasses wearing man answered in frustration.

"Psst, Yukana," the boy, Konohamaru, whispered. "I'm not learning anything either, wanna ditch?" A smile came to Yukana's lips. She learned at a young age that pranks are quite fun. "Let's go." The two kids ran through the tower rooms, messing with their sensei who fell for every trick they threw at him.

------------

Yukana learned many new things since coming to this world and even was able to do a successful clone jutsu, although they were merely illusions and not the famed, physical shadow clone jutsu. The transportation jutsu was also quite difficult to learn, while the transformation jutsu was slightly easier. Hiruzen told her she was just as good as the average academy student. This made Yukana proud that she was able to accomplish this much with out being from this world and started learning much later than the other kids her age.

"Now Yukana, I'd like you to tell me about where you came from." Hiruzen requested from the young girl, who told him everything from as far as she could remember. Hiruzen was puzzled through out her entire story and didn't know what to make of it. "Did your 'father' look like this?" He pulled out an old scroll with a picture of the Reaper Death Seal Summoning on it.

"Yes! That's him! How did you know?" Yukana took the scroll from his hands and studied the picture more closely with a small smile on her lips. "He was always there when I needed him the most. He never cared for me like you do, but he kept me alive."

"What do you know of the scar on your stomach? Do you remember how you got it?" Yukana placed a hand on said scar.

"I've had this as long as I can remember. I thought it was just a part of me."

"Well, in the future, I don't want you telling anyone else this. They would either see you as a threat, or just crazy. If word gets out, pray for the latter." The Hokage told her.

"Alright, Hiruzen sensei." The white haired girl agreed.

"Now there's the matter of the academy's graduation test coming up. I'd like you to take it. I'll set up all the papers containing your name, your 'other' back story and that you were home schooled."

"That sounds great! I can't wait to meet more of my kind."  Yukana said with excitement. And the Leaf's young hero.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

71.3K 2.8K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
620K 31.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
199K 7K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
448K 30.4K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...