Cat Got Your Tongue? (Kenma X...

Autorstwa SleepySugawara

It's your first year at Nekoma high school, and you've landed yourself a spot as the assistant manager for th... Więcej

The New Kid
A New Friend
Lunch
Kuroo
Lunch Pt. 2
First Day Back
Kenma's House
Kenma's House Pt. 2
Author's Notes (The End)
College Surprise

The Practice Match

22.3K 819 1.4K
Autorstwa SleepySugawara

The sun was shining through your bedroom window. Not wanting to get out of bed, you pulled the covers over your head and rolled over.

Right before you could fall back asleep, you felt your eyes snap open. Today was the day of Nekoma's first practice match. You had to get over to the school early, so that you wouldn't miss the bus. Checking the clock, you noticed you were going to be late. With a sigh, you got out of bed and began to get ready as fast as you could.

You were leaving Tokyo and heading to a smaller city, where a school called Karasuno was. You'd heard rumors about how they were "flightless birds," meaning that they were once a great team, but had lost a lot of skill in the past few years.

This should be an easy game. You thought as you pulled your shirt over your head.

"Why are we even going out that far for a match like this?" You muttered.

~~~~

By the time you arrived to the school, almost the whole team was there, packing their stuff onto the bus. Your brother, who had left earlier than you, was already helping everyone prepare for the trip. You walked over to them, ready to help, but they were already finished.

Kenma walked over to you and muttered, "You're late."

"Yeah, sorry." You replied. "I overslept."

"Want to sit by each other on the bus?" He asked, quickly changing the subject.

You were surprised. Normally, you would have expected him to sit with Kuroo.

"S-sure!" You replied, giving a cheerful smile.

The team filed into the bus, and you and Kenma took a seat towards the front. Your brother sat in the seat across from you.

You and Kenma spent almost the whole duration of the ride playing a video game together. This was how you spent most of your time together whenever he wasn't practicing.

You had already built up a pretty great friendship, even though you hadn't known each other for a long time. You were excited to get to watch him play in a game, since you'd previously been told that he really gets into it.

Before you knew it, it was game time. Karasuno had an interesting looking team. Their middle blocker was extremely short, which was unusual. Middle blockers are usually the tallest players on the team.

Brushing that thought aside, you observed their setter. He was a lot taller than Kenma, and had a really gloomy aura around him.

Scary.

The game began with Nekoma's serve. The ball sailed back and forth between the teams a couple of times, before the shrimpy middle blocker suddenly hit a super fast spike. The ball flew past Kenma's head and smashed into the ground.

Your entire team was in shock. Even Kenma looked surprised.

"Woah." You whispered.

The coach chuckled. "'Woah,' is right. That number ten is extremely fast and agile."

"Wait." Said your brother. "Did he hit that with his eyes closed?"

He did that with his eyes closed? How? You wondered.

This went on for a few more volleys, but Kenma decided to stop the momentum by motioning to the coach that a timeout was needed.

You handed out water bottles and towels to the players as you listened to the coach talking to the team. Once a plan was figured out, the players headed back onto the court.

You had to go refill some of the water bottles, so you missed a few minutes of the game. By the time you returned, Nekoma had taken the lead by three points.

Kenma looked over at you and smiled, giving you a thumbs up to let you know it was all going well.

It wasn't much longer till the game was over. It was close, but Nekoma had won by two points. The whole team seemed to have had a lot of fun, and were talking about the exciting day on the way back to the bus.

Almost all of the players fell asleep as soon as they sat down. Even I'm exhausted... I can't imagine how they feel right now.

You and Kenma sat down. He pulled out his video games, but then put them back away, deciding that he would rather sleep.

Within minutes, you felt yourself dozing off. Your head slid from leaning on the seat to Kenma's shoulder. You were only half awake, so you didn't really have much of a reaction to it. Kenma didn't seem to care much either, as he was already falling asleep.

You stayed like that for the whole bus ride. Once you reached the school, you felt a slight movement under your head, which was accompanied by a light tap on your shoulder.

You opened your eyes and looked up with groggy eyes to find Kenma staring back at you, your faces only a few inches apart.

"Gah!" You said, almost yelling. You instantly sat straight up

Kenma smiled. "What kind of a noise was that?"

You laughed. "I was startled."

"You stayed like that for the whole bus ride." He replied.

You were surprised that he didn't push you off. He didn't really give off a vibe that he was a touchy-feely kind of guy. Dismissing the thought from your mind, you stood up and got off of the bus.

After unloading the bus and putting all of the equipment back where it belonged, you looked for your brother so that you had someone to walk home with. When you couldn't find him, you asked one of the players if they had seen him.

"Oh, he already left." They said

Tch. What an annoying brother I have.

Kenma walked over to you. "It's ok, I'll walk with you, at least until where you have to turn."

You smiled. "Thanks."

Both of you were so tired that you hardly talked at all on the way home, but you did have one thing you needed to ask.

"Hey, Kenma," You began. "It didn't bother you that I slept on your shoulder, did it?"

"Oh, no. It didn't bother me at all." He replied.

That's a relief. You thought.

When it was finally time to split ways, you said goodbye and headed down the street to your house. When you stepped inside, your brother was in the kitchen.

He's always so hungry.

"Oh, hey." He said.

"Is that all you had to say?" You asked, irritably. "You left me behind!"

Your brother didn't say anything for a moment. "I figured you'd rather walk with Kenma."

You weren't sure how to respond to this.

"Oh, look at this. I took a picture of you two on the bus earlier." He said, pulling out his phone.

"You did what?" You asked.

He showed you the picture. It consisted of you asleep on Kenma's shoulder while he looked out the window.

So he was awake for part of the trip home and he still didn't push me off? You realized.

Wait a minute...

He's blushing!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

210K 6.2K 23
(Y/N) has joined Nekoma and while she may not be the most confident, her love of volleyball will push her to do new things and meet new people. One o...
136K 3.3K 11
BOKUTO x READER You're now in your first year in Nekoma high. Luckily you got accepted in women's team volleyball and your position is a libero. You'...
23.5K 555 45
Y/n Y/s, a british girl, has the possibility to attend to his cousin's school, Morisuke Yaku, in Japan. When his cousin present her to his volleybal...
391K 10.4K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor 😭😭 super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right 🥵" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...