Dramione: Persuasion (Book 1)

By dramione416

Draco and Hermione have been having secret meetings with each other since fourth year, they were sadly torn a... More

1: Into his eyes
2: Once again
3: Of all charges
4: You know where
5: Don't control this
6: The DA meeting
7: Rethinking
8: The Daily Profit
9: Legilemency and Occlumency
10: Expecto Patronum
11: The Quibbler
12: You're a Persuader
13: The Drought of Despair
14: The Christmas Ball
15: Christmas and Unforgivable Curses
Sequel
Delete

16: Farewell Hogwarts

5.1K 154 27
By dramione416

HERMIONE

A few weeks later, I awoke with a grieving feeling. A sick feeling deep in my gut that seemed to be spreading. It was only six o'clock this morning and everyone else was sleeping peacefully.

I rubbed my puffy eyes and ran my fingers through my hair feeling sickened and stressed. My heart was beating wildly and I felt like throwing up.

Getting up from my bed for what was most likely the last time, I frowned remembering so many things that I had taken for granted at the moment being.

I change quickly into my robes, attempting to be quiet so not to wake anyone up. I pull my bag over my shoulder and creep out of the girls dormitories.

Today was the day they were going to run the tests and today we were leaving. We would stay for the tests and if they caught us we would find each other and apparate away, McGonagall had lifted the enchantment from Hogwarts and I could now apparate to and from here.

I curl up on the couch, since the beginning of the year my skin had grown even more pale than imaginable, bags had grown under my eyes making me looked to have aged a few years.
My skin clung to my bones, stretching tightly at joints. I hadn't been able to eat much, I was too worried all the time.

Soon, the rest of the Gryffindors come down the stairs and head to the hall to eat breakfast. It was a cold and brittle Saturday and I had already picked my place of apparition. It was very far away and I'm sure nobody would think to look there.
I wonder around the halls innocently and make my way up to the Astronomy tower to see a pale faced Draco. He was worried sick, not for himself but for me. I tried to convince him that I was fine and I could handle myself but he wasn't having it.

"Draco, give me your bag." I say grabbing my bag and pulling it open. He hands me his bag without hesitation.

"Hermione." He says looking at my dreadful appearance. "Everything's going to be okay, alright?"

I blink quickly to avoid any tears escaping my eyes. For the first time since the war, I was terrified. I was terrified for myself and for Draco and for what lies ahead of us.

"Come on, we don't need to be late." My hand brushes his as I walk past him.

We both walked quickly down the stairs, making our way to the Great Hall as quick as possible.
When we arrive, the four long tables are gone and replaced by seven tiny tables, each with two Aurors. Students stand in lines along each table, separated by year. Everyone seemed to be there already so Draco and I were last in our year's line.

I grew more anxious as the line shrank. Fear grew stronger and stronger in my head and as I was the next one up, Draco gripped my hand tightly. "Everything's going to be fine, it's going to be okay." He whispers into my ears.

I nod as be releases my hand. The auror remains faceless and says, "You must be Hermione Granger." Not seeming to care at all.

I nod my head and take the seat in front of the table, gripping my bag tightly. I can feel Draco's stare on me as I clench my fists tighter and tighter.

The auror says nothing and begins to attempt Legilimency on me but I use my skills in Occlumency to avoid his peering mind. He grunts and mutters something about being stubborn.

"We're just going to ask a few questions after you take this Veritesarum." The slightly taller auror says, giving me a glass of the clear, odorless liquid. I pretend to take a drink of it. Hoping hey don't notice

Suddenly I feel a rubbery stick forced onto my neck, "Lie detector, for precautions." The taller auror explains.

That's when I know it's going downhill from here. I plan to answer the only questions I can answer and grab Draco's hand as soon as possible, apparating us out of here. I see McGonagoll standing nearby with a glint in her eyes that I couldn't understand.

"Have you ever had any excessive feelings of greed or hostility towards innocents."

I consider the question, "Not that I know of." I answer honestly.

He names off a few more simple questions before the big one comes, "Are you a Persuader?"

I'm not sure they could've asked in a more blunt way. Why wouldn't they do that in the first place?

Draco moves quicker than I do, I stand abruptly, surprising the Aurors. We link arms and in a quick flash, the Aurors wands are pulled.

The moment seemed to go in slow motion. Aurors attacking from every end, students and friends turning to see what the commotion was. The horror filled looks on my friend's faces seemed to strike me the most.

In a gut wrenching moment, it felt as though I was being pulled through a rubber tube, squishing my bones and internal organs.

When I stand up, finally landing, I feel beyond nauseous. Those were my final moments in the Wizarding World.

Draco sits beside me, saying nothing. There was nothing to say of course, nothing at all. The place I had chosen to apparate us to was a city somewhere in the United States of America. There weren't many witches and Wizards here so they would be much easier to avoid. I had chosen a small city that's much harder to locate then a national landmark. I couldn't quite remember what it was called now.

We both lay on the dead grass, saying nothing and avoiding eye contact with each other.

><><

GINNY

I gaped at the spot where they once stood, my best friend was running away with him, the one I had chosen to forgive. I looked around frantically hoping she just moved around the room but knew it was a lost cause.

Harry looked just as stunned. The Aurors looked around with baffled looks. They all came together to speak and then came to conclusions on something. The head auror steps up a little to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone, unfortunately the two that have just vanished; Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy have been living a secret life right under your noses. They are Persuaders and they are now wanted to the Ministry." With that, the Aurors apparate away.

Harry and I said nothing. We were too shocked by what had happened. Hermione, who I've known for around six year now, wanted for something as harsh as this?

I refused to believe it, without another word. I rushed to my dormitory.

><><
THIRD-PERSON

"Such fools! They've gotten themselves caught!" He bellowed with enthusiasm. This was going to make it much easier.

"Master, shall I fetch the drinks?" The mousy looking man asked, pleased with his master's attitude.

"Not yet, you fool! There's still many things to be done." His enthusiastic attitude replaced by annoyance.

"I'm sorry, my l-lot-"

"Silence! You mustn't speak back to your master! Fetch Leentir for me, we have a job to do." His raspy voice echoing through the room filled with bodies.

><><

You are really about to hate me... This is the end of Dramione: Persuasion part 1!!!

Oops... Forgot to mention that I was splitting the book into two... Oops!

Honestly this was not planned, I just... Don't kill me now, I have witnesses. I'm also not in charge of any broken phones if you throw it.

I know my story is not that good but I would like to have some more enthusiasm towards it. I have like three comments on all 16 chapters! That's sad.

I want 75 votes on this book and 15 comments, please!!!! This is making me feel pathetic.

And also, thank you so much for the reads!! Oh my gosh I have 212 as of right now and I want at least 250.
So please, tell your friends.

The second story's  first chapter will be released at the end of Summer unless I can't get these votes, comments and reads.

I know it's a lot to ask but I would REALLY appreciate it.
So tell your friends, goals are
75 votes
15 comments
250 reads

Please please please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 9.9K 38
Everyone in seventh year are going back to Hogwarts to finished it. The Golden Trio is backing apart and only Hermione, Ginny, and Ron are going back...
3.8K 370 29
"Draco, I swear, I didn't kiss her back... I like you and I would never do anything to hurt you..." "I am sorry, Potter... but I... I don't..." "I kn...
420K 11K 34
After the war all of the previous 7th years are invited back to finish their year and take their N.E.W.T.s. When they all return some people have cha...
7.6K 114 37
"Do not make the mistake of thinking I care what you think of me." She looked down and saw her book in his other hand. The unexpected kindness in the...