Salvation of Ignorance

By theotherday

Phoebe has been encumbered with a task: finding a husband. Of course, it was a rather common expectation for... More

Chapter 1: Yes A Charming Man Indeed
Chapter 2: You Have My Favor
Chapter 3: Your Desire To Deny
Chapter 4: Previous Tomfoolery
Chapter 5: Let This Deter You
Chapter 6: Devious Admiration of Her
Chapter 7: Not Ceased His Rampage
Chapter 8: He Soon Became Haunted
Chapter 9: Can You Not Think For Yourself
Chapter 10: Familiarity With Her Circumstances
Chapter 11: She May Be Educated
Chapter 12: Ignorant To The Taints
Chapter 13: Right To Deny Him
Chapter 14: Find Herself Needing Replacement
Chapter 15: He Played His Role
Chapter 16: Their Identity Means Naught
Chapter 17: How To Be Satisfied
Chapter 18: Ill-Placed Euphoria
Chapter 19: Things She Couldn't Tell
Chapter 20: Conducting Her First Lesson
Chapter 21: His Truest Nature

Character List

2.7K 38 11
By theotherday

Like most historical (and historical fiction) novels, this book succumbs to a mass index of characters that may take up more than one name. To help those that may get confused, I compiled a list that may aid you should you find trouble. To avoid spoilers, the list is ordered in terms of the character's appearance and/or mention within the book. The numbers next to the name are the chapters in which they originally appeared in and/or mentioned. I will add more characters as the story progresses. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy.

Phoebe Mae Barrettmore - (Chapter 1) – The only daughter of a plantation owner in need of a husband to run her family's business. She's our protagonist. Nineteen years of age.

Peter Talwin – (Chapter 1) – The son of a maritime bourgeois who employs in the same craft. He seems to hold an interest in having relations with Phoebe. Is of the age of one and twenty.

Elinor Wade – (Chapter 1) – Childhood friend of Phoebe.

Niall Claremont – (Chapter 1) – A Baron and friend of Peter. He possesses a peculiar hobby. Our second protagonist. Is twenty-seven years of age.

Louisa Emmons – (Chapter 1) – A recently situated widow with a mouth and ear for gossip. In her mid-fifties.

Homer Hans Barrettmore – (Chapter 3) – The owner of a small sugarcane plantation. The father of Phoebe.

Mima/Mary – (Chapter 3/4) – A slave and governess for the Barrettmores.

Lucracia "Nana" Danielle Barrettmore – (Chapter 3) – The mother of Homer and grandmother of Phoebe.

Rastco - (Chapter 3) - A failed hunting dog turned domestic in the Barrettmore household.

Gemma Barrettmore née Carissa - (Chapter 3) - Homer's late wife. Passed away when Phoebe was a child. Homer inherited his plantation from her father.

Nicholas "Lassy" Claremont - (Chapter 12) - The second eldest Claremont son. Half-brother to Niall by their father. Fifteen years of age.

Margaret "Retty" Claremont - (Chapter 12) - Youngest Claremont sibling. Five years of age.

Fanny Claremont - (Chapter 12) - Third eldest Claremont sibling. Half-sibling to Niall and Margaret. Thirteen years of age.

Jonas Talwin - (Chapter 12) - Father of Peter Talwin. A maritime bourgeois.

Eudora Allington - (Chapter 13) - An English girl about Phoebe's age with a dowry of a Baronetcy and a distant relation to a Duke.

Eustace Allington - (Chapter 14) - An English Baron and father of Eudora. Finds friendship in the accompaniment of liquor.

Sarah Cunnington - (Chapter 15) - Niall's fiancée.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 19 16
💌 Y/N, a girl who has no clue about the american revolution, how convenient, Gets gets sent back to the 17th century. Here she decides she is going...
662K 21.2K 21
"I'm assuming you're a pirate, am I correct?" She asked. His smirk turned into a full blown smile, he merely nodded his agreement. "Ah, I see. You're...
492K 8.8K 23
She planned a life alone. He planned a life to own. Only one will get what they plan. Set it Regency England. Erotic content with power exchange in...
53.2K 2K 42
Mature themes, and strong language! 18+ only. It's been 10 years, since Kate chose Logan. 10 years since she broke Rome's heart. As I make my way...