The Gilbert Twins: A Looming...

By stvckinmyhead

Originally - Gilbert Twins: Your Face Looks Familiar ✨✨✨✨✨ What happens when a mysterious yet familiar face r... More

Intro
Taster
Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 2: The Names Katalina, Katalina Gilbert
Chapter 3: Saving You Makes Us Cool, Right?
Chapter 4: A Fun Stefan And Dead John? Is It My Birthday(?)
Chapter 5: You Want Me To What Now?
Chapter 6: Your Boyfriends A Suicidal Blood Junkie? Tough Luck...
Chapter 7: How Many Times Do You Have To Stab Your Mom For Bad Karma?
Chapter 8: All That For A Hug?
Chapter 9: Another Me?
Chapter 10: Too Many Vampire's Are My Friends
Chapter 11: Why Am I Going Again?
Chapter 12: Bored
Chapter 13: Lemonade Can Be Poisonous To Your Kind?
Chapter 14: Look What Your ABC's Got Me Into!
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Chapter 15: What's With Me Getting Hurt Now-A-Day's?
Chapter 16: Hello Mr. Fancy Suit!
Chapter 17: Katherine's Not Dead?
Chapter 18: Why Can't I Punch You?
Chapter 19: There's A Hottie At My Door...Trust me, This Isn't A Punishment
Chapter 21: I Would Rather Be Sacrificed Than Be Civil To That A$$hat
Chapter 22: And I'm A Third Wheel Because?...
Chapter 23: Do I Say Hon?
Chapter 24: Freedom Looks Good On You
Chapter 25: I'll Have A Mother Cooked Medium Well To Well Done Please...
Chapter 26: Should I Regret It?...
Chapter 27: Mr. Fancy Suit Ain't Lookin' So Fancy
Chapter 28: Either Way, I'm Not Surviving This...
Chapter 29: The Darkness Is Suffocating...
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 20: Hmph...I Didn't Expect That To Upset Me That Much...

5.5K 122 2
By stvckinmyhead

😿

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md4ssykHPv1qc5exno2_r1_250.gif.

"Anybody here?!" I called out to the Salvatore household upon entering.

"In The Library!" Damon's voice directed me. I entered the room his voice called from, to see him and Rose sitting by the fire, with a nasty a$$ mark on her back.

"How is it?" Rose asked Damon as he looked at the oozing wound.

"Definitely...better" Are you kidding Damon? If I don't believe that then how do you expect the one in pain too? He finally noticed my presence. "Right, Kat?" why drag me into this?!

"It's not bad" I shrugged, hoping to calm any of Rose's worries.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon whispered to me.

"Where's Elena?" I retorted.

"I don't know. But, if you could play nurse for a little while..." Damon started moving towards the library's exit while speaking.

"It's not necessary" Rose denied the help I hadn't even offered.

"It is necessary. Kat's a do-gooder. It's in her nature. She just can't resist" Damon moved around me and out the library.

"Do you even know me?" I turned and followed after him. "Hey, Damon" he stopped and turned back to me when we were in the hallway. 'Is she gonna die?' I mouthed to him.

'Probably' he mouthed. "The wolf bite caused some kind of infection. It's getting worse" he whispered aloud.

"Like poison?" I frowned.

"I don't know, Kat" he shrugged. "I'm not an expert in the field."

"I'm sorry" I replied on automatic.

"Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner she dies, the better" why is he acting like he doesn't care? "It's gloomy as hell in here" with that he turned his back and walked away.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior and walked back into the library. "Looks like you have a nurse for the day."

"You really don't have to, I honestly feel fine" Rose denied the help.

"It's ok, at least by helping you I get out of school for the day and Elena doesn't have a reason to yell at me" I placed my bag on my chair and smirked at Rose, she gave me a smile in return.

-TIME SKIP-

"I hate this" Rose complained as I helped her towards Damon's bed. "I'm a vampire. I haven't had a cold in 5 centuries."

"Just get in bed" I moved to pull off her robe.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness" I cringed slightly when I saw the bite, folding up the robe I placed it on the side table as Rose lay under the covers.

"You're not going to die" I promised her.

"Such a human thing to say" I didn't reply to that. Instead, I looked around the room, not as dark as I assumed Damon's room would be. "You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" I continued to look around, noticing a stack of books just by the bed. I picked up 'Gone With The Wind' by Margaret Mitchell, scoffing at the sight. "Not what you expected?" Rose asked at I put the book back in its original place.

"It's just a room with a bed" I turned back to look at her, sitting on a space in the bed beside her. "Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets" I was relieved to hear her laugh.

"You're lucky, you know. No one's ever loved me the way you're loved" she said at random.

"I doubt that" I denied her comment.

"Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more" she answered my unasked question. "I spent all those years on the run from Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire...Why are you so eager to give up?"

"I'm not giving up on anything. Here" I tried to ignore the subject while handing her a glass of blood.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" she took the glass.

"My only hope. The only way everyone gets their wish, and I stop trying to contact Klaus" I answered.

"You really are determined to die, aren't you?" she asked.

"That's not fair" I shook my head.

"You really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?" what is with all the questions today?

"I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch. Assuming it's Elijah's witch, so, no, I don't" I answered.

She scoffed. "At least I ran. You're not even trying...I'm so tired" I took the untouched blood and placed it on the side table. She sighed and closed her eyes, I stood and moved to leave the room. "No, stop, wait" I turned back to Rose."Tell them to prepare the horse" I frowned at her.

"It's ok, Rose. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up" I tried to move again but her words stopped me.

"Trevor, don't be so stupid. We're never going to make it there before the sun" she sat up and lay back down a few times in pain. "Oh, Kat. Kat, I need more blood."

"Yeah, of course, here" I rushed towards the glass and held it out to her. "Here" I sat next to her as she drank, holding her arm and rubbing her back. She gagged and began coughing up the blood onto the other side of the bed. "It's ok, you'll be alright" her gagging continued as I rushed to the bathroom and began to wet a flannel. I looked down at the flannel to make sure the water wouldn't drip everywhere when the gagging stopped, I looked back up for Rose to find she had disappeared from the bed.

I turned back around and came face to face with her, she rushed me to the wall and trapped me before she began shouting. "It's All Your Fault, Katerina!" her vampire features were on full show. "You, Katerina. You Did This!" she blamed.

"It's not Katerina! Rose, Rose, I'm Kat!" I panicked.

"You Traitor!" she growled.

"I'M NOT KATHERINE!" I tried to break through her hallucination.

Slowly she returned to normal and took a step back from me. "Kat?" I nodded with shaky breaths. "Oh, my god."

"It's me, it's Kat" I tried to regain my composure.

"Oh, my god, Kat, I'm so sorry" she apologized. "I don't know what's happening to me."

"It's all right. You're going to be alright" I promised.

"My mind, I'm..." she trailed off and held her head, moving towards the bed she previously threw up on.

"It was just for a second" I reassured.

"I'm sorry. Don't be scared of me" she rushed out.

"I'm not. I'm not" who am I trying to convince here? "But...you need to rest" I reminded as she climbed back into the bed.

"I'm scared" she admitted.

"You're not alone. I'm right here" I sent her what I hoped was a reassuring smile.

"Here, where's here?" she looked around.

"Damon's bedroom. You're in Damon's bedroom" I calmed her.

"I want to go home" she sounded like an upset child.

"Tell me about it" a slight smile took over her lips when I said that.

"St. Austell. 30 kilometers South of London. With fields and trees and horses" her eyes began to droop.

"It sounds beautiful" I whispered.

"When you live long enough, everything disappears. So much time wasted. I just wish I hadn't been so afraid" I lay the flannel on her head, hoping to bring the temperature down. Once I was sure she was calm enough, I left the flannel and started to leave the room, closing the door behind me. My new mission: find clean sheets.

-TIME SKIP-

Walking back in I held my prize. "I brought some clean sheets" I announced with a smile and re-closed the door, looking at the bed I found her gone again. Setting my prize on the bed I looked around the room, where the hell did she get to? I left the room again, moving down the stairs. Checking every room on the first floor, unable to find her.

When I entered the library I rushed towards my bag, pulling out my phone and dialing the first person I could think of.

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Damon? It's Kat. I'm worried about Rose. I think you should come hom--

END PHONE CONVERSATION

I hung up when I heard clattering coming from downstairs? The crypt, of course. I put my phone in my back pocket and cautiously started walking towards the crypt's entrance. "Rose?" I called out, still being careful as I walked down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom I saw an open and half empty blood bag, I picked it up and noticed how carelessly it was torn into. I saw slight blood drops leading around the corner, still holding the bag I followed them. At the end I found Rose messily eating, blood bags littered around her. "Oh. my god" I whispered, she slowly turned her head and saw me.

"Katerina" she dropped her most recent bag and started to move towards me.

"F*ck" I dropped the bag. She stood and I hoped she wouldn't think to use vampire speed because I don't think I could break through her hallucinations this time. I pulled down a stray door and blocked Rose's exit, dashing up the crypt stairs I closed the door behind me. Then I reached the library, but I couldn't open a door to the kitchen and once I turned around Rose was there. "Rose, Stop, Stop, It's Kat" I held my hand out and moved backward as she followed me, vampire features on full show. "I'm not Katherine. You're hallucinating. I'm not Katherine" I promised and she slowly returned to normal.

It was silent. Besides my heavy breathing the room held no noise as Rose looked me up and down, deciding whether to believe me. She chose not to. I screamed as she growled and tackled me, attempting to bite me as I struggled to push her off.

Going on instinct I pulled down the curtain hanging over my head, allowing the sun to shine through and hit Rose's back. She screamed as her skin sizzled allowing me to push her off me and run, out the library and down the hall, right in front of the front door. Pulling it open it was slammed shut, Rose pushed me against it and continued with her attempts to bite me.

I know I'm gonna regret this. To stop her I dug my fingers into her wolf bite, she fell to the floor, howling in pain as I ran past her. Up the stairs and down the hall I entered the first room I saw and locked the door behind me, pushing some Chester draws in front of the door just in case. Watching it for only a second, I didn't hear anything. Running over to the window I pulled open the curtains and opened the doors, looking down from Stefan's small balcony. Too high up to jump down from. Walking back over to one of Stefan's tables, I snapped a leg off and held it towards the door, fearing Rose might run through it any second.

The doorknob began to rattle and I jumped back from the sudden action. "Kat? I know that it's you and not Katherine" there was some coughing and gagging from the other side of the door when Rose had finished speaking, but I couldn't stop shaking. "Kat, please. I need your help..." I felt horrible for ignoring her pleas, but I couldn't help her.

-TIME SKIP-

I hadn't gone back out to her, and it was silent. I couldn't go back out and face her, today was the first time a vampire actually scared me, and that's unnerving. Whenever a vampire threatened me in the past, I always had Katherine to protect me. How could I think that she would always be there? Always keep the monsters away from me? Without her I'm dead...I'm just a fragile human, the easiest thing to kill in the supernatural world...

It had been so long since silence took over the Salvatore household, so I gripped my pathetic stake and pushed the Chester draws away from the door and unlocked it, exiting Stefan's room I saw no sign of Rose. Cautiously I moved down the stairs and hallways of this fricking mansion, finding the main room I turned to see the front door open. Great(!) Rose got out. Those were my thoughts until I felt a presence behind me, I turned with a jump only to see Damon. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You ok?" he eyed my stake. "Where's Rose?" he looked around.

"I don't know" I admitted while dragging a hand through my hair.

"How do you not know?" he gave me a look.

"She started hallucinating pretty badly, she thought I was Katherine. She chased me all over the house, trying to kill me. It's my fault she's out, I should have stayed with her" I dropped the stake and blamed myself.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna go out and look for her, stay here in case she comes back" he ordered before vanishing. I sighed and dragged a hand down my face. Katherine was right, coming back to this town is making me weak.

-TIME SKIP-

I finished washing the flannel I used to clear the blood from Rose's face, Damon brought her back a little while ago. She was in tears, crying about how she never wanted to hurt anybody, how she never meant to. I walked into the room cautiously, not wanting to face the person I allowed to get out and kill people. "I'm sorry, Kat. I don't like taking human life. I never have" her words coaxed me further into the room.

"You shouldn't be here" Damon gave me an angry look.

"That's the worst part about death--the hunt. The need to kill. The thirst. Pleasure, it brings you afterward. I wasn't meant to be evil. It hurts" Rose listed off.

"Well, then stop talking about it" Damon told her before walking slightly away from the bed, allowing me to move closer to Rose.

"Damon's a lot like me. He wants to care, but the minute he does, he runs away from it. I'm sorry for what I've done today" Rose's voice cracked slightly with tears.

"I know. I'm sorry too" I apologized. "I let my own fear get in the way of helping you, I shouldn't have ignored you when you called for my help."

"It's ok, I did try to kill you after all" she chuckled slightly. "But...you need to fight, Kat. I know that you're scared, but you have to do it anyway" she started to cough. I kneeled beside the bed and moved my hand between the gap of her arm and shoulder, she smiled at me and snuggled against my arm. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Us humans(!)" I joked slightly like we're all a pain to deal with, too nice and caring for our own good.

"You can never forget it. What it's like to be human. It haunts me" Rose admitted. "It's the only thing that's kept me going. It doesn't hurt as much anymore" we shared a smile before she started writhing around the bed in pain, groaning and screaming.

I turned to Damon "What do we do?" I asked.

"Go" he instructed and took my place beside her.

"Damon..." I trailed off as he sat beside her on the bed, comforting Rose as she experienced pure agony.

"Just go. I've got this" he promised and I turned my back to leave.

"OH, MY GOD! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! AHHH! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE, MAKE IT STOP!" Rose's screaming pleas echoed behind me as I got closer and closer to the front door, but I couldn't leave, I need to know if he's ok.

-TIME SKIP-

I waited on the couch for Damon to come back, I hid in the library when he left with Rose's dead body, probably went to tell Liz he'd caught the vampire that killed a few people at school. I was about to give up on my wait and leave when Damon finally walked through the door. "You were supposed to leave" he said once he saw me.

"I didn't want to leave you without making sure you were ok" I admitted and stood as he walked towards me, handing him a ready-made bourbon when he stood in front of me.

"I appreciate the gesture. I'm just glad it's over" he finished the drink after saying that.

"You know I don't believe that" I pointed out.

"Go home, Kat. Get some rest. It's a whole new day tomorrow" he pushed.

"Damon, I'm your friend" I tried to comfort.

"I'm well aware of that" he rushed out.

"And a friend usually knows when their friend is hurting" I made clear to him.

"What do you want to hear? That I cared about Rose? That I'm upset? Well, I didn't, and I'm not" he tried to walk away.

"There you go, pretending to turn it off, pretending not to feel. Damon, you're so close. Don't give up" I stopped him.

"I feel, Kat, ok? And it sucks. What sucks, even more, is that it was supposed to be me. Jules was coming after me" Damon admitted.

"You feel guilty" I realized.

"That would be human of me, wouldn't it, Kat? And I'm not human. You're one to talk about giving up. It's all you've done, is give up" he reminded me. "...Go home. There's been enough doom and gloom and personal growth for one night."

I let out a shaky breath and picked up my bag. "Ok. I will" Looking at him I couldn't help but feel a rush of emotions. I get now why Katherine warned me not to get close to either Salvatore, they're ruining me. I couldn't stop myself from wrapping my arms around him in a hug, he didn't respond. But I didn't expect him to, pulling away I saw tears in his eyes, I hope the hug was a comfort. "Good night, Damon" I whispered before moving past him and making my way to my car.

Driving home I couldn't stop thinking about him and every emotion he was forcing through me, without even knowing it. Why is this happening now? At a time when I needed to be the most emotionally detached, why have I become...--intrigued, with this Salvatore? Walking through my front door these thoughts still tormented me, then Stefan came into view.

"Hey, Stefan" I waved "Do you know where Elena is?"

"In her room, she's not very happy with me" he announced.

"Why?" I frowned.

"I, uh, I called Isobel" he admitted.

"Why did you need to call her?" I grew angry in an instant.

"Because Katherine said she could help me try to save you" I gave him an annoyed look. "I'm sorry. I had to" I scoffed when he said that.

"No, you didn't. I have a deal with Elijah now, that makes me safe Stefan" I reminded him. "Did you find her?"

"Not exactly" that voice sounds annoyingly familiar, I looked up to see John, oh joy(!) "Hello, Kat."

"I get why Elena's annoyed with you" I glared at Stefan before moving to go up the stairs, Stefan's hand on my arm stopped me.

"It's to help you, Kat" Stefan defended his actions.

"It's because you all have trust issues, Stefan. My life and safety were forgotten when you decided to welcome that a$$hat into town with open arms" I got out of his hold and stormed up to my room. The brat returns...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0WwlQd5-I... (Guts Over Fear By Eminem Ft. Sia)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

And we're done. Next week we visit Kat's special little place, she has a temporary breakdown and maybe a slight over-reaction against John...maybe...

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment, just to prove to me you have free will.

Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
75.7K 1.3K 17
Sofia is the daughter of the Wolverine. And no he didn't die and believe it or not Deadpool is actually her uncle and Godfather. But one day she find...
640K 18.1K 43
•Humanity means nothing when you don't have someone to care about• Lorelli Mikaelson the most powerful creature of the supernatural world travels to...
113K 1.8K 37
Haven Mallory is daughter of Maleficent, elder sister of Mal. Augustus Philip is son of Queen Aurora and King Philip, elder brother of Audrey. What h...