Flower Crowns and Stars. Phan...

By AllTimePhan73

Dan liked to wear black and look at the stars. He always wore a frown, reflecting his loneliness. Phil liked... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 6

5.1K 297 273
By AllTimePhan73

I'm on the way to Thorpe Park!! (With my school) XD

Phil walked through the gates and up to where he was meant to be meeting Louise- by one of the benches. He sat down on the bench and waited for Louise to show up. After about five minutes, Phil could see someone sit beside him out of the corner of his eye. He lifted his head up to see that Dan was beside him. "Dan, you came!" Phil gasped, smiling so wide that his cheeks were beginning to hurt.

"I do need to show up at school sometimes. I don't want to be kicked out." Dan mumbled in response, not even bothering to smile back at Phil.

"Louise should be here soon." Dan took his bag off of his back before unzipping it and pulling out a book. Phil noticed that his bag had planets and stars all over it, somehow it was so much more pretty than Phil's galaxy bag. Whilst most would see the bag as childish, Phil thought it was really cute. In fact, he thought Dan was cuter as soon as he noticed Dan had pulled out a book about space. Dan began to read in silence.

Louise had to double take when she saw Phil sitting beside Dan. She just couldn't believe what she was seeing. She wandered over to the pair and mumbled a greeting to Phil. "Dan's going to be hanging out with us today." Louise just nodded, trying to hide her surprise.

"Hi." Dan mumbled, not looking up from his book.

"What are you reading?" Louise asked, attempting to make small talk.

"You'd find it boring."

"Oh."

"How are you both?" Phil questioned, feeling the awkwardness. He needed to start a conversation before things threatened to silence again.

"I'm good. We have a terrible day lesson-wise.. so I probably won't be good at the end of today." Louise chuckled. Dan just nodded slightly, flicking the page over and carrying on reading.

-

They had English first again. Phil was sat beside Chris and he soon learnt that Dan sat the other side. They were learning about Macbeth and Shakespeare's use of dramatic techniques. It was boring and most of the class were restless out of sheer boredom. "I want you all to work in groups to analyse which techniques Shakespeare uses in this scene. Groups have to be three people, no more, no less." The teacher explained and Phil immediately turned to Dan.

"I'll be with you two!" Chris said unnecessarily loudly, making Dan and Phil stiffen. "Because we're all best friends! Phil, what techniques does Shakespeare use?"

"There's juxtaposition, I guess." Phil mumbled and Chris jotted that down in his book.

"Did you get that, Dan?" Chris asked but he sighed when he saw Dan was just doodling on the corner of his page. "Stop doodling, you need to work!"

"I don't get it."

"What do you mean you don't get it?"

"I don't understand what's going on in the play, okay?" Chris snorted.

"What are you? An idiot?"

"Maybe. I just don't care." Dan then put his head down and carried on drawing his planets. Chris turned back to Phil and pestered him for more answers.

"There's juxtaposition because Duncan calls Macbeth his 'worthy Cawdor' at the beginning of the play."

"How's that juxtaposition?"

"Because being worthy generally means you deserve it. Macbeth definitely did deserve the title at the beginning of the play as he was a good soldier and he fought for his country. However, at the end of the play, he no longer fights for the country but more for himself. Hence why he (SPOILER ALERT) kills the king with only his interests in mind. So who he is at the beginning juxtaposes who he is at the end. (omg I just spoilt the whole plot of Macbeth I'm the worst)."

"Genius. At least you aren't stupid like Howell." Chris muttered as he wrote down what Phil had just said. Dan didn't respond, he just carried on doodling his tiny universe.

-

Phil, Louise and now Dan were sitting at one of the lunch tables, eating their lunch. Phil had pizza (left over from the night before), Louise had a sandwich and Dan.. had nothing. He was just looking down at the table, silently listening to Phil and Louise's conversation. They were talking about what they had been learning in English still which didn't interest Dan at all.

When things silenced, Dan spoke up, surprising everyone, even himself. "Phil, how much do you know about space? I noticed you had a galaxy pattern on your bag."

"Not much," Phil chuckled. "I just thought it looked pretty. How much do you know?" Dan's face lit up: he could talk about something he loved. He enjoyed telling people about space, it made him happy, as much as it bored the other person. "I can tell you all about the planets and the formations of stars. I love space, it's amazing. The fact that it's so huge and never ending is fascinating. Stars are pretty too; I know a lot of constellations." Phil found the way Dan looked as he passionately talked adorable. His eyes were bright and happy, something which was unusual for him. There weren't many opportunities for him to show off his knowledge about space and astronomy.

"That's cool, I guess." Louise mumbled, taking a bite of her sandwich. She wasn't really interested in space at all but she felt rude if she didn't listen.

"It is really cool! Did you know that if a star is big enough, its supernova can cause a black hole? That's insane!"

"That is pretty cool." Phil chipped in and he was actually being genuine.

-

Phil, Louise and Dan were walking out of the school gates, about to go their separate ways when Phil called Dan back. "Can I have your number?" Phil found himself blushing as soon as he asked the question. "You know, because we're friends now and all."

"Yeah, sure." Dan responded as Phil took his phone out of his pocket. Dan recited his number perfectly whilst Phil typed it into his phone.

"Do you want to come over to mine?" Phil wasn't entirely sure why but his stomach was going crazy.. all because he asked Dan that? Surely that wasn't how you were meant to feel about your friend.

"Why?"

"I don't know.. you don't have to come."

Dan sighed, considering the idea. He decided he didn't have anything to lose and he wasn't meant to be doing anything at home so he nodded. "Sure.."

They walked home together in silence. Phil didn't mind the silence because it just meant he could appreciate Dan's presence more. When they reached Phil's house, Dan awkwardly followed behind Phil.

"Mum!" Phil yelled and someone walked into the kitchen where he was standing. It wasn't his mum though, it was Martyn.

"Mum's still at work. She had to do some overtime or something. Who may you be?" Martyn said as he raised an eyebrow at Dan's presence. Dan looked down at his shoes, frowning at the sudden attention. Maybe it was a mistake to go to Phil's house. Maybe he should have just gone home.

"This is Dan. He's my friend."

"You have friends?" Martyn snorted. It was obviously a joke but it made Phil frown slightly.

"I actually do."

"Defensive much." Martyn laughed and Phil soon found himself laughing too.

"Do you want to watch a movie or play video games or something?" Phil randomly asked, turning to Dan with a soft smile on his face.

"Video games." Dan mumbled, making Phil's smile widen.. if that was possible. Phil grabbed Dan's arm and pulled him to the stairs. He practically dragged him up to his bedroom.

"Is Mario Kart okay?"

"Yeah, I guess." Phil chucked Dan a Wii remote and put the disc into the console.

They set up the game and began to play. Phil was Mario because 'he was iconic' and Dan was Luigi because 'he wanted to be'. Dan was ahead, being in first place and Phil was behind, in 5th.

They were coming up to the final part of their final lap when Phil got three mushrooms. He sped with one, then another, and saved the final one. As he approached the finishing line, he was almost neck and neck with Dan. Then he used the final mushroom.

And won.

-

"Would you like me to walk you home? I've got nothing better to do." Phil laughed, turning off the Wii.

"If you want to." Dan responded, standing up from where he was sitting on Phil's bed.

"Okay then." Dan and Phil wandered downstairs to find Martyn and Phil's mum in the kitchen.

"Are you leaving Dan? You can stay for dinner if you would like." Phil's mum said, smiling widely at the boy.

"No thank you. I have to get home." Dan replied, looking down at his shoes. Phil found his shyness very adorable: it made his heart flutter.

"Another time then?"

"Sure."

"I'll be back soon, mum!" Phil said, grabbing Dan's arm and walking over to the front door.

-

They were almost at Dan's when Phil found himself thinking about what it would be like to hold Dan's hand. Admittedly, it was a weird thought but he just wanted to know how Dan's hand would feel in his..

He found himself saying his thoughts out loud. In the form of a question. To Dan.

"Would it be weird if I asked if I could hold your hand?"

"You want to hold my hand?" Dan appeared surprised but he didn't entirely look like he was against the idea.

"Yeah.. It sounds weird now I say it aloud." They walked for another moment in silence until Dan hesitantly slipped his hand into Phil's. Dan's hand was soft, warm and it seemed to fit perfectly in Phil's. It was nice. Pleasant. Calming.

They carried on walking in silence and Phil felt like he was walking on air. Dan's hand was heating up his own.

"Will you be on the hill tonight?" Phil asked, hoping that Dan would say 'yes' because it would mean that they could spend more time together.

"Depends."

"On what?"

"If I need time to think."

"Oh."

Ten minutes later, they were outside of Dan's house. Phil reluctantly released his hand from Dan's and smiled at him. "Bye, Dan." He said. Dan just waved as he walked inside of his home.

I haven't edited this properly because I'm on a coach and I'm paranoid someone is reading over my shoulder XD I promise I'll edit it later though.

Happy Monday! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 28K 14
Sequel to Discovering Love! Dan is only just now aware of the fact that he loves Phil Lester, but at the wrong moment, because Phil hates him. He mak...
118K 5.6K 25
"Why are you always so sad and gloomy?" "What's so wrong with being sad?" "Everything."
90.2K 4K 26
Phil is a guy who likes to wear light pastel colors and flower crowns. Dan is a guy who likes black and is a "punk" When Phil's parents die he is mov...
44.8K 1.8K 21
Pastel!Dan x Punk!Phil Dan Howell was different to say the least, he was the only guy in his school to wear flowers in his perfectly straightened hai...