Falling For Mister Nobody [CO...

By Books_and_nerds

Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is... More

FFMN ❤︎
DISCLAIMER
Ohmigod! Finallyyy❤️
Chapter One- End of Summer
Chapter Two- The video
Chapter Three- You're Michelle Reynold
Chapter Four- He's a real gangster
Chapter Five- I hate movies
Chapter Six- I know karate. Kung-fu thing-y
Chapter Eight- The Tragic death of Iphone 6s
Chapter Nine- Punishment Slip
Chapter Ten- Kill him
Chapter Eleven- I am here to propose a deal of your interest.
Chapter Twelfth- The Brook
Chapter Thirteen- The Fight
Chapter Fourteen- I-- No, everyone saw Nobody shirtless
Chapter Fifteen- What's your favourite colour?
Chapter Sixteen- Evan
Chapter Seventeen- I know you
Chapter Eighteen- I don't bite
Chapter Nineteen- Poor Evan
Chapter Twenty- Mr. Black Richmond
Chapter Twenty One- Heart-attack
Wattys❤️
Not an UPDATE!
Chapter Twenty-Two- Mr and Mrs Reynold
Chapter Twenty-Three-I don't hate you
Chapter Twenty-Four- I never saw that coming!
Chapter Twenty-Five- You're not going anywhere Martin Woodie
Chapter Twenty-Six- And it happened!
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Stupid Building, Stupid street!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nutella
Chapter Twenty Nine- Watch me
Chapter Thirty- I love burgers
Chapter Thirty One- Oops I'm still tipsy
Chapter Thirty two- I thought you would catch me like he did
Chapter Thirty Three- Lost times
Chapter Thirty Four- Rumor
Chapter Thirty Five- This hilarious meeting
Chapter Thirty Six- Ice cream
Chapter Thirty Seven- I couldn't believe this guy!!!
Chapter Thirty Eight- It's nothing. It doesn't matter
Chapter Thirty Nine- Girlfriend
Chapter Forty- Stitches
Chapter Forty One- Hug day
Chapter Forty Two- It's not a goodbye
Chapter Forty Three- Share the same oxygen as her
Chapter Forty Four- Use him
Chapter Forty Five- The Farewell
Chapter Forty Six- Jacket
Chapter Forty Seven- SURE JERK!
Chapter Forty Eight- The winter formals
Chapter Forty Nine- Come to the dance
Chapter Fifty- Lucky me
Chapter Fifty One- I love you Mister Nobody
Epilogue- It's not an End

Chapter Seven- What do you want?

1.7K 99 13
By Books_and_nerds

Chapter Seven: What do you want?

I finally felt my muscles relax and heartbeat dwindling slowly and steadily. It's just one of those childish fears about hospitals. It made me nauseous and want to puke.

But, I was out now, strolling the sidewalk, as I admired the darkness. Suddenly, my mind wondered about the whole today's episode. Did Nobody had any flaws of himself? Did he ever got scared of anything? Didn't he felt bad that he'd got the worst reputation in the school? He got suspended for the week though.

I didn't know if I wanted that. I definitely wanted him to pay for what he did but, maybe by over workload or detention but, suspension will be going to be on his record. But, it could have been worse like getting expelled...

If I'd have an already built up rich future it doesn't mean that I didn't give shit for anyone else's future.

But, why I was even giving him a tad bit of pity when he didn't even seem to mind it at all? And he never apologized for his actions too.

But, then again I come to square one— the same question I'd been asking myself since the fight. What was the reason that they got into the fight?

I looked up at the intimidating sky with numerous shiny stars accompanying the lonely moon. It appeared as if they were all having a hard time too. Just like me, I guess. The wind howled, giving me chills, as the little hair stood up on my arms and bear legs. I wish I had worn jeans rather than shorts.

Pacing up a little, in a hurry to reach home, I walked past giant trees, empty parks and shops, which used to be bustling during the day but, at night everything seemed to be at peace and little frightening. My heels were scraping against the road, making loud noise and it echoed—or so I thought, because there was no other sound on the street.

I dialled kimmy's number to get my way pass. I would've called Sophie but, I knew she had a shoot or some other thing going on—which she did tell me earlier but, I forgot.

"Hello?" Her husky voice reached my ears. It was almost as if I had woken her up from her peaceful sleep.

"How's my girl?"

"I'm okay, I guess. And, I heard about Justin. I feel awful for not being there." She replied in a distressed voice.

"Hey... don't be. Okay? He's fine and will be discharged by tomorrow morning. You can meet him later. Or we could go to his place after school?" I suggested, worrying about Justin.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Where are you by the way?"

"Almost home."

"Hmm." It was as if we didn't have words to say anymore.

"So what were you and martin doing till nine?" I asked trying to converse some more as I still have few streets to stroll.

"We sat on the couch and watched a movie. He was extremely sweet today. We watched Hunger games—which he despised and then we received the phone call from you about Justin and Nobody's fight."

I could smell something fishy. But, ignored as I thought it was out of question.

"By the way I still don't know why we stole nobody's address, which you pinky swore to tell later?" She added, realising my lack of vocab.

Immediately I pointed out, "First, it was me who stole it. There's no we. You're backstabbing bitch me, who left me alone in our 'together mission'!"

She interrupted before I could recite the second thing.

"I helped you buying time!!  I indulged into a conversation with Mr. Black to get you time to hide!" She defended but, it wasn't justified.

"Om my god! Let me tell you. You talked to him for merely five seconds when you ran out of ideas to stroll him. And birthday excuse? Oh, god that was so lame!!!" I said over the phone, laughing.

Her snorts reached my ears. "Whatever. Second?" She asked with an frowning tone.

"Awe. Fine. Thanks partner for buying me some time." I gave in and I could imagine her little crazy happy dance.

I chuckled, "Stop it."

I added, "And second, I got his address because—"

I halted as soon as I caught the sight of someone, I want to kill right there.

"Elle? You still with me?" I jumped a little and pressed the phone close to my ear again.

I whispered, "Have to go. Will see'ya tomorrow."

"But, why are you whispering? Where are you Michelle Reynolds?" I bet she's glaring at her wall, imagining me there.

"Got to go." And I hung up. I switched off my phone and warily, took few steps.

Nobody was standing in front of the big white house, talking to someone whom I couldn't get a look at. Because, that person was behind the tree. But, with the look on nobody's face, he looked pissed. Very pissed. I tried my best to eavesdrop but, couldn't hear a word.

Jeez! I need to get out of here now! I screamed inwardly to myself.

Slowly, I took off my stilettos and held them in my hand to avoid getting caught by the loud noise they made.

Tip-toeing, I started walking, praying he won't see me passing through.

I barely took few long steps when I heard footsteps getting closer to me.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I started moving faster and faster but, guess he was better than me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in his same gravelly voice, and getting the hold of my arm.

I almost stumbled before standing erect, in front of him. His fingers digging deep into my soft skin. Panic started to rose in me.

"Can't you see? I am going home. And I could ask you the same thing?" I blurted out angrily with a fake brave face. I remembered what he did to my best friend. And that was all to get me grumpy. And, I snatched my arm out of his grip.

I couldn't stand his hands on me. At all.

I noticed he was definitely-out-of-his-way close to me. His caramel yet dark chocolate-ish eyes staring down at me. I could tell he was contemplating something in his mind, as he simply glared at me before finally speaking.

"Why are you really here? Did you follow me?"

Ugh!!! Is he thick-head or something?

"I already told you. And why would I do that? Huh? Unless you have something to hide." I told, pointedly, and crossed my arms before me.

"You should not lie when you have eyes like that..." He whispered, leaning close to me. Did he say that to dodge away the real question?

Lots of shivers ran up and down my spine, my heart thudded loud inside my chest. Why would I lie? I don't need to lie to him!! But, what did he mean with eyes like mine?

"I don't lie. Actually," I took one step towards him, "I hate liars."

He rolled his eyes before staring back at me, deadpanned.

"I didn't really say you lied. Did I?" His spoke, straight-faced, curling me into his cryptic choice of words.

"I—"

"Shush..." Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a tree.

"What the—" Before I could say anything else he collapsed his hand on my mouth.

My back was unbearably touching his front—which I could feel was extremely sturdy and strong.

I shuddered.

His voice broke into my ears while his breath slightly blew the loose strand close to my ear, "Just stay quiet."

HIS HAND WAS ON MY FREAKING LIPS!!

My legs started to shake, literally. I think I might pee right here! My heart was about to explode!!!!!

'You're Michelle Reynold'

I repeated this chant again and again. My mind went blank. I was on a dark empty street with a gangster who might kill me right there. Oh, god...

Jesus! Help please!!

Just then, I heard the rattling of glass–bottles maybe– and then I saw from the corner of my eyes when those two drunk guys–wearing dirty clothes– almost stumbling upon their own feet–sang a who-knows-what-song while passing by.

Slowly, they walked away. Once they were gone, he took his hand off my mouth, as I gasp a little like a fish for some water. I bet I smelled like cigarettes, just like him.

Ughhhhh!!!

"What the hell!" I almost whispered-yelled at him, as I turned around t look in his eyes.

"A thank you would be nice." He said through his gritted teeth.

I preferred not looking in his eyes. "Whatever." I said.

"Fine." He said, nonchalantly and turned around to leave.

"Wait!"

I. Have. No. Freaking. Idea. Why. I. said. That!!!

He ran a hand through his dark hair—almost as dark as the night, before turning back to me.

I swallowed the lump formed at the back of my throat and looked up at him, in the eyes. He was good four to five inches taller than me. Note—I wasn't wearing heels at that moment. He was kinda towering me, as he came close again.

"What do you want, Reynold?"

I didn't know if he earlier caught my name or not. But, then I knew he did.

"What I want? Seriously? If you really meant what you asked, I want you to stay away from my best friends. From Justin! Understand? Today, because of you he's in the hospital and if mistakenly his dad got hold of everything happened today, trust me, you'll be dead by now!" I lied. Not dead but, behind the bars for sure. Mr. Walker's extremely overprotective of his son and he hardly cared if he screws up few things to get what he wants.

Nobody took one daunting step towards me and with another, he got the hold of my shoulders. He squeezed them a little, as I felt the sharp pang rising in my body.

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Anger could clearly be heard in his voice.

I dug my feet deeper into the ground when I said, "Indeed. I am just stating the truth." I looked right into his eyes and didn't dither my stare.

Oh god! What the fuck am I doing?!!!!

Please say, it's all a nightmare?!

His eyes darted towards my lips. Oh, god... what's he thinking...

But, he soon looked up again, drilling in my eyes. His warm breath fanned over my nose, as he said, "You do realise what I can do to you right here." He was standing awfully close to me, which was a new experience, as no guy ever came that close to me. Our faces few inches apart. Just don't get me started on how my heart was working.

You know the strange thing... I didn't feel scared with his threat. I kinda found it amusing.

I smiled at him, as he seemed to be taken aback.

"Are you trying hard enough to scare me, Royce?" I had no idea to where I got the strength to speak those words to him. But, I did.

I seriously felt as if he was pretending to be scary when he wants the otherwise. His eyes were definitely glaring at me, but, I couldn't see the anger anymore. It almost seemed as if he was trying to shove me away.

I shuddered, again. My whole body had a few seconds electricity run, up and down but, I showed nothing on outside. He absolutely had an effect on me. A very strange one.

But, why?

"I have to go." With a quick smirk, I turned and walked away.

***

I ran all my remaining way to home, reaching close I slowed down, huffing and puffing. I wore my heels back on before rushing towards my front porch.

I rang the bell. While waiting for marissa to open the door, I ran a hand through my hair to settle them, and wiped the beads of sweat resting on my forehead.

Phew!

"Dear Lord!! Finally, you're here. I was just about to call the police."

I plopped down on the couch, exhausted, rubbing my temples.

"First tell me are they here yet?"

She shook her head, "No. Jesus seems to be on your side, I guess." Marissa was a very religious woman. She used to go church every day and especially on Sundays. She started and ended her days with a long thank you prayers. I know that because, in my childhood she was kinda my second mom. So, I got some of her god believes in me too.

"Thank goodness! And why were you at the verge of calling the Police?"

"Elle, you called me forty five minutes ago but, it only takes ten-fifteen minutes to walk back home. Where were you?" She queried worriedly, handing me the glass of water.

Glaring with her brown eyes, she signed, "And your phone was off too. I called around twenty times."

First, I gulped all the water in the glass in one go. I was extremely parched.

"Thanks, Marissa. And, I am sorry, my phone died and I lost the track of time. I met a friend on the way. I'm really sorry. I'll keep this in mind and it won't happen again." I assured her with my grin.

She seemed convinced and nodded. She scurried off to the kitchen.

"Would you like some bacon with the chicken pot pie? And, which friend?"

"He's new. You don't you know him. And yes indeed. I will eat anything right now." I clutched my stomach tightly before letting out a groan for hunger.

I heard her chuckling and then she signed, "So, it's a him... huh?"

OH, fuck!

"No... I mean yes. I mean... I have to go upstairs and call kimmy. Get my dinner in my room. Thanks..." I said, getting up and running the stairs to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...
1.5M 42.5K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
291K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
380K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...