Beauty and the Freak (girlxgi...

By xogossipgirllxo

When queen bee of the school, Kaylee, is forced to be lab partners with the queen of the freaks, Cameron, thi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty: Five years later (ending)

Chapter Two

20.1K 630 409
By xogossipgirllxo

Cameron's POV:

"Cameron." I feel someone lightly shake me. "It's time to get up, sweetie."

I open my eyes, to find my grandmother standing beside me, smiling.

"Five more minutes." I mumble, before closing my eyes again.

"Five more minutes, and that's it. Your breakfast is on the table." She leaves, and shuts the door behind her without saying another word.

Five minutes, feels like five seconds in the morning. I'm sure everyone can relate to that, unless you're a morning person. Gross. I can't stand mornings. That's why on the weekends or during breaks, I usually sleep in past noon.

Just as I start to drift back to sleep, I hear a knock at my door. "Cameron, it's time to get up now dear."

I sigh, and drag my lazy ass out of bed and make my way to the kitchen. At least she made my favorite, pancakes. If it were up to me, I'd skip breakfast and get more sleep. But, my grandmother is always on me about my weight. She insists I eat as much as possible.

I love my grandmother though. If it weren't for her, I'd probably be in foster care. Or dead. She's practically raised me my whole life, and only wants the best for me. She's like the typical grandma. She makes me food, does my laundry, pesters me. She has grey hair that used to be blonde, and glasses. She still has the prettiest green eyes I've ever seen. I've lived with her and my grandfather since I was four, but he passed away two years ago.

I know she misses him deeply, I mean she tells me stories about him all the time. Even though I've heard them about a thousand times already, I still listen. They met when she was fourteen, and he was sixteen. They got married a couple years later. Just like my grandma, he was the typical grandparent. He always bought me candy, toys, basically whatever I wanted. Even if we were short on money, which we usually are. He was skinny, and had grey hair as well. A lot of old people do, but I swear when I get to be that age I'm still going to be dying my hair black. Anyways, they only had one child. My mother.

My mother, had to have been the most beautiful woman ever. She had long brown hair, and just gorgeous brown eyes. She had a nice smile too. I keep a lot of pictures of her in my room, and I wear this heart shaped necklace that belonged to her. I don't remember a lot about my childhood, but I try and remember every moment spent with her. I remember she told me when I got older, she was going to give me this necklace. So no matter where she was, her heart would always be with me. Now I have it, and I know her heart is with me.

She died when I was four. She overdosed on prescription pills, which she was addicted to. She was addicted to various other drugs as well. I know she loved me though, despite everything. It's easy to become addicted to something, I would know. I still remember everything like it was yesterday. She had been in her room for quite awhile, and I just thought she was sleeping. I sat by her side for three days straight, and just held her hand. I just wanted her to wake up, and I had no idea why she was 'sleeping' so long. Eventually after not hearing from us, my grandma called to see if everything was alright. I answered the phone and told her that mommy had been taking a very long nap. A few days later, was her funeral.

I didn't understand what had happened to her, or why she wasn't here anymore. I couldn't even imagine never seeing her again, or never spending another Christmas with her. I don't love many people, but I definitely loved her. I know I was young, but I feel like part of me died with her. Not a day goes by where I don't think about her. I remember a few weeks before she died, she got sober enough to take me to Disneyland for a few days. That was my first time ever going. That had to have been my favorite memory of her. Or maybe when she would read me bedtime stories, or sing to me even though she had a horrible singing voice.

I've never met my dad. I've never even seen a picture of him. I don't have any interest to. He didn't want me then, and he sure as hell wouldn't want me now. I'm surprised my grandma even wants me, I mean no one does. Anyways, like my mom, he was addicted to drugs. He drank a lot too, and would beat my mom nearly to death. When he found out she was pregnant with me, you think he'd be happy right? I mean aren't most men suppose to be when they're bringing a child into this world? He was just the opposite. He tried to get my mom to have an abortion, but she wouldn't. He beat her trying to get rid of me himself, and she protected me as best she could. She finally got up the courage to leave him, and start over. She saved my life, and I only wish I could have done the same for her.

After I finish eating, I go and take a shower. When I get out, I wrap a towel around myself and open the medicine cabinet. I look through my grandmother's many, many prescriptions. I find one with a name on the label that I can't even come close to pronouncing. I pour a few in my hand, before putting it back. Hey, don't judge me. I only take from the one's she doesn't use anymore. I pop the pills in my mouth, and swallow. These pills aren't my favorite, but they do the trick. My favorites include Vicodin, Hydrocodone which is basically  off brand Vicodin, and Oxycontin.

I go back to my room, and look for something to wear. Hmm my color choices are black, black, or black. I decide to go with black. There's only one other color I'd even think about wearing, red. Black and red are my two favorite colors, and they look amazing together. It's a bit cold outside, so I decide to just wear a black hoodie, and some black skinny jeans. Fancy, I know. I also decide to wear my favorite black Converse.

I head back to the bathroom, and begin to do my makeup. My hands are a bit jittery. I don't know if it's because I'm cold, or a side effect from the pills. Maybe both. Oh well. I always wear my makeup dark. Nothing but black, but does that really surprise you?

After I finish my makeup, I go to say goodbye to my grandmother. "Later grams, I'll see you after school." I smile at her.

"Wait, I packed your lunch." She hands me a brown paper bag.

I roll my eyes. "Thank you." I kiss her cheek, as I start to walk out the door.

"Make sure you eat all of it! You're so skinny!" She calls after me.

I cram my lunch into my backpack, and put my headphones in. I don't have one of those fancy ass smart phones, I just have a crappy slide phone. I'm forced to use an old iPod from 2014. Gasp, the horror! I don't know if you could tell, but I was being sarcastic. I tend to do that lot.

As I start the somewhat long walk to school, I take out my pack of cigarettes. It's a long walk to me, because I'm one of the laziest people ever. That's another thing you need to know about me. I mean walking is better then getting driven in a limo, by a driver, like a spoiled ass bitch. I light my cigarette, and take a puff of it. I mean, who does she think she is? With a freaking six story house. Her room looked like it came out of barbie's dream house. There was just so much pink and purple, and fluffy rugs and what not. Every little thing in her house looked like it cost a couple thousand dollars, I'm sure it did. After I finish my smoke, I stomp on it with my shoe and continue to walk towards hell.

When I arrive at hell (school), I put my iPod and headphones away in my backpack. No one would bother to steal that crappy thing. They could get like what, maybe five bucks for it? Probably not even that much. I'm grateful for what I have though, and I try and appreciate the small things. I know my grandmother tries to give me everything. Like I said, she's in her seventies, and she still works part time at a grocery store as a cashier. Just to try and provide for me.

I find my friends at our usual spot, behind the school where no one can see us. It's a great place to make out, smoke, deal. Pretty much anything illegal you want to do on campus. That's just the type of people I hang out with.

I'm definitely not popular. Not anywhere close to it. Maybe I'm popular in my circle of friends, the freaks, misfits, socially awkward people, etc? Okay, I know I am. I'm their queen. I take care of them, you know? They're feeling stressed, I give them a little something to calm their nerves. Sometimes, if you're like family to me, I won't even charge you. There's only two people like that to me though. That's Jenny and Cayden.

"Well don't you look snazzy today." Jenny jokes, as I take my place next to her.

Jenny has been my best friend since seventh grade. I met her around the second week. If it weren't for her, I don't know where I'd be. Or if I'd even be the person I am today. Jenny dresses a lot like myself, meaning she wears all black. She has black hair with a red streak in it, and dark brown eyes. She's a little shorter then me, probably around 5'5. I'm 5'7, so yeah. Anyways, she's skinny, and just really beautiful. She also has her lip and eyebrow pierced. A lot of guys in my group try and make a move on her. If not her, then me.

I don't think that they grasp the fact that I'm a lesbian. I'm NEVER going to have sex with a dude. Penis is just gross. I shudder even thinking about it. Like at least once a day this annoying kid Josh tries to hit on me. Like he thinks all of a sudden I'm just going to switch teams and become straight, just for him. I like girls, I've known that since I was thirteen. I don't keep it a secret either. Another thing about me, I don't really care what people think of me.

"Shut up. This sweatshirt looks pretty damn sexy on me." I smirk. "And besides, it's not like I'm trying to impress anyone."

"Pfft. You're so trying to impress me." She giggles.

"Oh yes." I also giggle.

"How was working with barbie yesterday?" My other close friend Cayden, asks.

Cayden is the typical stoner. He has long black hair that's always covered with a black or purple beanie. He has his nose pierced like me, and his left ear pierced. He's tall, and he has nice blue eyes. He's also really skinny. I don't even know how he is. He eats like a pig. It's even worse when he's high.

Personally, I think that Cayden and Jenny like each other, but both of them are too much of a pussy to do anything about it. I told Jenny I'd try and set them up, but she just blushed and told me to stay out of it. See, that's what you get for trying to help someone.

"It wasn't as bad as I though it'd be." I admit.

Cayden makes a gasping noise. "You guys are actually getting along?"

His noise causes me to roll my eyes. "I wouldn't call it that. We're just tolerating each other."

"What did you guys do?" Jenny asks.

I don't know why they're so interested in this. Maybe they thought we would have killed each other by now. She's not so bad. The fact that she's beyond spoiled gets on my nerves a bit, but other then that she's okay.

"We went to her like, billion dollar house and I explained the cell to her." I reach into my bag, and pull out my pack of cigarettes. I better smoke one last time before school starts. "Anyone want one?" I offer. That's rare for me to offer, because I hate sharing my cigarettes.

Jenny and Cayden shake their heads, and the rest of the group is too busy engaging in small talk to hear me. I light my smoke, and put the rest of the pack along with my lighter back in my bag, and wait for them to ask more annoying questions.

"What did it look like?" Cayden asks.

"Why are you so interested?" I ask, before taking a drag of my cigarette.

He shrugs. "I don't know."

"Well it was huge. There's so many floors, I like got winded going up them all. I'm surprised she doesn't have like an elevator in there or something. She's so rich she could probably afford it." I take another drag. "And well she had pink walls, with a purple bed. A bunch of other pink and purple crap."

"You're very descriptive." Jenny giggles.

"I know." I finish my cigarette before throwing it on the ground, and squishing it with my shoe.

"You know, you should really cut back." Cayden scolds me.

"You're one to talk. How many times did you get high last night?" I respond.

"That's not the point. Weed isn't that bad for you."

I roll my eyes. "Either are cigarettes." I enjoy the occasional puff puff pass as well, but not like he does. It's a rare event to see him sober. Hey, it's a rare event to see me sober as well. I like my pills the best though, he's just always stoned off his ass. Jenny and Cayden both glare at me. Okay so, the cigarette thing was obviously a lie. I know they're bad for you. But who cares? It's my life and I can do what I want. The only person I'd ever listen to is my grandma, just because I love her so much. But I don't think she even knows I smoke.

The bell rings, and I'm just so excited to get to class! There's me being sarcastic again. I say goodbye to Jenny, Cayden, and a few other people, before walking off. I take my time to get there, and walk in about two minutes after the bell rings.

"Nice of you to join us, Miss Klein." My math teacher greets me.

I smile at him. "So sorry I'm late. You know how much I love this class." I roll my eyes. There I go being sarcastic again. I hate this class, I hate all my classes. I hate school in general.

I take a seat in the back, next to my friend Alice.

"And you wonder why he hates you." She giggles.

"What? I didn't say anything that rude." I grin. "I could have been a lot ruder."

"Trust me, I know."

Alice is a good friend. I mean she's definitely not as close to me as Jenny or Cayden, but she's still pretty chill. She hangs out with my group of friends usually. I didn't even pay attention this morning. She could have been there, I don't know. I was too busy talking to Cayden and Jenny about Kaylee. Alice has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She doesn't wear all black like a lot of the people in my group do. She's not 'emo' or whatever people want to label us. She's more of a misfit or socially awkward type. It look her a few months to start warming up to me. She's tall, even taller then me. She's pretty, so I don't know why she's so shy.

"Were you here this morning?" I whisper to her, as she jots down some notes.

I don't take notes. I still do okay on tests though. I get decent grades. I don't think I'm going to go to college though. Why would I want to spend more time going to school if I don't have to? It's just stupid to me. There's also the cost of it. A couple thousand dollars, or more. No way.

"No, I woke up late but still made it to class on time, unlike you." She smirks at me. "But thanks for noticing!"

"Miss Klein, since you're so busy talking, you must get this lesson, right?" Mr. Parks interrupts.

"Nah. But we were busy talking about how bad you need to get that unibrow waxed." I respond, with a smile. "It's very distracting."

That causes a few people to laugh, and others turn around and stare at me with their mouths open. What? I'm a bitch, I know. At least I own up to it. They should be used to it by now considering I've been in class with some of these people since kindergarten.

"One detention for being late, and another one just for that comment." He smiles, exposing his horrid teeth.

"Please, close your mouth. You'll scare away the children." My next comment, causes even more people to laugh.

"Your detentions are now doubled. Another word from you, and it's the principal's office."

If I get sent to the principal's office one more time, for anything, I'm suspended, again. That just tells you how many times a week I go there. I've been suspended two other times this year. One, for slapping a bitch across the face, and two for getting caught smoking on school property. I don't take shit from anyone, and she deserved it. She's just lucky they pulled me off her.

After class, my teacher hands me my detention slips. As soon as I turn the corner, heading to my next class, I rip them up and throw them in the trash. Like he thinks I'm going to go to detention, haha. He must be on something if he thinks that me, Cameron Klein, would respect authority. My grandma doesn't count. I'm just talking about teachers and stuff. I'll always listen to my grams.

My next class is ceramics. I don't actually mind that class. She actually doesn't hate me, like most other teachers do. The only other one who doesn't, is my English teacher. This class is pretty easy. All you do is make shit out of clay, how could that not be easy? All she does is lecture for half of the class, then the other half is spent working on our projects. Right now, we're working on making pots. Pretty boring, but easy.

After this class is over, I have history. Oh the joy of learning about dead people who I don't give a shit about. Like I know that sounds rude, but honestly who cares how this country was created? Like all that matters is that it's here now. I take my seat in the back corner next to my friend Logan. He's busy actually listening to what the teacher is saying. I just zone out, and day dream about almost nothing. I have nothing to dream about. I'm probably going to just be some loser working at Target or Walmart or some other crappy store until I'm old and they lay me off and replace me with some younger, hotter girl.

I dart out of the door as soon as the bell rings. Next, I have gym. Oh so fun! Yup, being sarcastic again. The unfair thing is that at this school, if you're in a sport you don't have to do gym. Yeah, like I would join a sport. Get real. If being a bitch was a sport, I'd sure be great at that. Other then that, I suck at all things physical. I don't even know how I stay so skinny, I don't eat the best, and I hate running. For gym, unfortunately my bitch teacher makes us run a mile. I know for most people that's nothing, but for me I nearly die every time.

I actually used to play soccer, back when I was younger and a brunette. Yeah, I dye my hair black. Black like my soul! Kidding. Well, I'm sure that's how most people view me. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but that's exactly what most people do. Anyways, back to my story. I was horrible at it. I remember the one time I finally made a goal, it turned out that it wasn't our net or whatever that I kicked it in to. Not my team, the other one. So I basically helped the other team win, and I was forever shunned by the rest of the players on my team. Good memories.

I'm not too big of fan of this school. For one, you can't smoke! That gets you an automatic suspension. Like that's bullshit. It's suppose to be a free country or whatever right? So why can't I smoke? Two, this school is full of the fakest, spoiled, dumbest bitches you will ever meet. Three, it's huge! And like I said, I hate physical exercise. The only good part is I have Jenny and Cayden, and a few other close friends.

After running a mile at an extremely slow time, I head to the locker room and get changed back into my clothes. Our gym clothes are so ugly. They make us all wear the exact same thing. A white shirt with the school's logo on it, and some navy blue shorts. I almost never wear shorts, I'm too pale for that.

It's lunch though, so I'm happy. No more dealing with annoying teachers/people, and I get a smoke break. I don't give a shit that I've been caught once before, no one will stop me. For the most part, we're just left alone. But that day a teacher happened to pass by just as I was lighting it. She was just appalled that anyone at this school would smoke.

I walk over, to find the rest of my group sitting down, or leaning against the wall. Smoking, talking, or making out. Me, I just prefer smoking. Besides, I don't have a girlfriend anyways. I've been flying solo these days. A lot of relationships are just bullshit anyways. You allow yourself to become vulnerable to someone, just so they can break your heart. I'll tell you one thing right now, that will never be me. I'll never be the stupid girl that falls in love. No one will ever love me that way anyways, I'm too fucked up. I don't know if I even want someone to. People always leave, I've learned that the hard way.

I take out my pack and lighter, only to get a glare from Cayden and Jenny. "What?!" I ask lighting one.

"You're going to get lung cancer." Jenny warns me.

I shrug, and continue to smoke my cigarette.

"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?" I hear Josh's annoying voice.

I roll my eyes. "Oh yes Josh! I've finally realized that... You're my true love! Lets go get eloped!"

Josh would be okay, if he just stopped hitting on me. Even if I was straight, he wouldn't be my type. I don't do annoying people. I mean just his voice, makes me cringe. It's high pitched, even though he's eighteen and will be graduating this year. He also has long, black, greasy hair. And, he's short. Just overall not attractive, in any way.

"Finally, you've come to your senses." He grins all creepy like at me.

I roll my eyes again. I do that a lot, I know. But I just can't help it. people are annoying. "Some people just don't get the fact that, I like girls." I glare at him.

I step on my cigarette, and start to take out a new one but Cayden stops me. "No." He frowns.

"Oh just go make out with Jenny." I smirk. "Or Josh."

Jenny's face turns red, and I get the death glare. "I said or Josh!"

Cayden's face also turns a light shade of red. "Umm I'm going to go talk to Conner." He walks off, without saying another word.

Jenny is still glaring at me.

"What?!" I ask her. "You guys just need to get together already."

"He doesn't even like me that way." She frowns.

"He does. And you're going to get married, then have lots of little emo babies." I grin, because I could actually see that happening.

"Shut uppp!" She playfully hits me, as her face turns even more red.

"Fine, I'll shut up." I'm still grinning. "Even if it's true."

She rolls her eyes.

"Hey, don't roll your eyes. That's my job." I tell her.

"True, you only do it like every five minutes." She smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Shit, you're right. I do."

After I eat my lunch and talk to Jenny for a bit more, the bell rings. Great, I have biology next. With Kaylee. I'm not supposed to like someone like her. She's basically completely opposite of me. Since the beginning of time, it's always been like this. In every school across the nation. Cheerleaders hate the freaks, and the freaks hate the cheerleaders. Who am I to try and live any differently?

As usual, I walk in to class about a minute after the bell rings. I'm known for being tardy, and disrespectful. Oh, and can't forget a trouble maker. I know the type of shit teacher's say about me, and for the most part it's all true.

I take my seat next to Kaylee, and set my bag down on the floor next to me. I run my fingers through my hair, and sigh. Oh how fun this is going to be. It'll even be more fun spending time with her after school! Once again, that's sarcasm.

"Hey, are we still on for tonight?" I ask her. I wouldn't be surprised if she completely forgot and made other plans or something. Like a date with her pretty boyfriend!

"Yeah, but we can't go to my place. I'm having company over."

Her bright pink shirt was distracting me. I've never seen a girl like pink that much, like honestly. She needs some more black to her wardrobe! She's also wearing some short shorts. And some Vans. Fuck Vans, I'm a Converse girl. At least she's not wearing something super, over the top, rich. I can be thankful for that.

"Then where?" I ask.

"Your place?"

"I... I don't know." I respond.

"Why not? You hiding dead bodies in there or something?"

I roll my eyes "Not yet. I'm still thinking of how I'm going to kill you."

She rolls her eyes as well. "So can we go to your place, or what?"

"I... I guess."

"We'll meet by the front steps again?"

"Sure."

Oh great, she's coming to my house.

The rest of the period, is spent with silence between us. I have nothing really to say to her. I just don't want her going to my house. Her mansion or whatever you want to call it is has six floors, her company wouldn't even know we were there. Unless all hell broke out and we started fighting. I don't think there's that much tension between us... Yet.

She actually takes notes throughout the whole period. That surprises me. From what I've heard people say around school, she's smart. But honestly I just thought she paid people to do her work. That's what a lot of 'popular' people at my school do. It's nice to see that she actually does the work for herself.

The bell finally rings, and it's time for me to head to my last period of the day, English. I actually don't mind this class. Writing is cool, and well so is my teacher. She doesn't hate me like all my other teachers, and the teachers from my past, do. She encourages me to try harder, and tells me I'm smart and shit like that. I don't believe her, because I really don't believe most compliments I get, but it's still nice to hear it. And it's nice that she cares so much.

I actually get to class on time, and sit towards the back. I always sit in the back. Teachers tend to call on me less, and it's not obvious that I'm not paying attention. Well, I guess it's pretty obvious. But the teachers just don't care. They could care less if you pass or fail. Just as long as they get paid, they're fine. My English teacher is the only exception to that.

Mrs. Chandler is pretty. She's not too old. Probably in her thirties. She has long blonde hair, brown eyes, and a gorgeous smile. She's tall too, which is always a plus. She's married, and has pictures of her husband and two kids all over the room. You can just tell that she's proud of her family and her life.

She passes out some worksheets for us to do, and I actually attempt them. They were pretty easy. They were just on sentence structure and what not, which I could do in my sleep. But hey, I'm proud of myself. I actually did some work in class, which is an accomplishment for me!

The bell rings, and on the way out to class I hand her my work.

"Look at you. You actually did your work... For once." She smiles at me.

"Yup. Don't get used to it." I smirk.

"Have a nice rest of the day, Cameron." She was still smiling at me.

"You too." I respond, before walking out the door.

I head to the front steps, and sit down. It would be awhile before Kaylee finished cheer. I decided to listen to music. Music is like my life. I grab my iPod out of my bag, and put my headphones in. I look through my many, many albums. I usually just listen to screamo/metal/rock, but I have a few quieter songs on here. A few of my favorite bands are Bring me the Horizon, Bullet for my Valentine, Falling in Reverse, Suicide Silence, etc. That's some good shit, bro.

I start doodling on a piece of paper in my notebook, and get lost in my music. About an hour or so later, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I'll admit, it startled me a bit. I'm a jumpy person! You can't just sneak up on me like that.

"You really have to stop doing that." I glare at her.

She giggles. "Sorry. Who knew you were so jumpy."

I roll my eyes. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup." She responds.

As we start the twenty minute walk, I of course need a smoke. I take out my pack, and light one. I know, as Cayden and Jenny say, I smoke too much. A few minutes later when I'm done, I throw it on the ground and squish it. That's how I always put out my cigarettes. Ever since the first time I smoked one. I think I was eleven or twelve.

We walk in silence almost the whole way to my house. I bet this is the first time she's ever walked this much, poor baby. Maybe she should have called her driver. Or had her private jet come pick her up and take her to my house.

I stop in front of my house, and watch her reaction. You can tell she's surprised I live here. My house could fit inside her house like twelve times, it's that small. It was built in the early 1900's, and my grandma has lived here for quite awhile now.

We walk up to the front door, and I reach under the mat and grab my key. I unlock the door, and we walk inside. I watch her reaction as she sees the inside. She's probably never seen a house this small before, and oh my gosh! There's like no pink or purple! I bet she's just dying right now.

My house is pretty basic I guess. It's a four bedroom, two bathroom, one story house. It has a pretty small kitchen, nothing compared to what Kaylee probably has at her mansion. It has lots of old, worn down furniture.

"Grams! I'm home." I yell, to let her know.

She comes out of the kitchen smiling. "Well hello dear." She kisses my cheek. "How was your day?" She asks.

"It was good. And yours?" I smile.

"It was good, sweetheart. And who's this?" She turns her attention towards Kaylee.

"This is umm..." I didn't know what to call her. She's definitely not my friend, so I just go with the next best thing "Kaylee, my lab partner."

"It's nice to meet you, dear." My grandma has a habit for calling everyone that. She's just way too nice.

"It's nice to meet you too." Kaylee smiles at her.

"Well, we need to go work on our project." I tell my grandma.

"Okay, I'll bring you girls some milk and cookies." She smiles.

See, I told you. She's the typical grandmother. She bakes cookies like at least once a week. Which I definitely don't mind. I love my junk food. But, she tries to get me to eat healthy too, gross. She packs an apple in my lunch, every single day.

We head to my room, and I turn on the light before sitting on my bed. I watch her take a look at all the band posters on my wall. Like my walls are literally just covered in all posters. I told you, music is my life. She sits down on the bed next to me, and continues to look around my room.

"Wow, you must really like black." She turns to me.

"You don't say?" I reply, sarcastically.

She's just noticing how there's hardly any other color in my room besides black. That's literally how much I like the color. My walls are black, my sheets are black, my curtains blocking out the sunlight are black, pretty much everything is. Except my desk which is wooden so it's brown, my carpet which is white, my nightstand which is also wooden, and a few other things.

I reach into my bag next to me, and take out my biology book. "Do you have the supplies for the project?" I ask her.

She nods, and reaches in to her backpack on the floor and takes out a bag of stuff. "I have a poster board, glue, markers, foam for the 3D model, and more."

"Alright, cool." I open my biology book to the diagram of the cell.

Before we can even begin, my grandma comes in with a plate of cookies and two glasses of milk, smiling of course. She always smiles, and her smile could just melt your heart. Almost any old person's smile can melt your heart, but hers especially can.

"Here you go." She hands me the plate, and I set it on my bed. She sets the glasses of milk on coasters on my nightstand.

"Thank you." Kaylee smiles at her.

"Yeah, thanks grams." That's my nickname for her. I don't know why, I just usually always call her that.

"Let me know if you girls need anything else." She smiles again.

"We will." I respond.

She leaves, and closes the door behind her.

I grab a cookie, and take a bite of it.

"Your grandma is adorable in an old person sort of way."

I nod my head. "Yeah, she is." I take another bite.

"You're really lucky."

I really am. I don't know what I'd do without my grandmother. I don't even want to think about it. She's always been there for me, through everything. Even when I've done some of the worst things, she's stood by me through it all. In a way, she's kind of my hero. As cheesy as that may sound, it's true.

"I know." I finish off my cookie.

She grabs a cookie and takes a bite. "These are good. Probably like a thousand calories."

I nod my head. "You don't need to worry about burning off calories."

She doesn't. She has an amazing body, I'm not going to lie. She's pretty, but I bet she already knows that. Guys turn their heads when she passes them, she's that attractive. Even some girls do. Kaylee Andrews is just the girl everyone wants to be.

"Did you just say something somewhat nice to me?" She raises her eyebrow, and takes another bite of her cookie.

I smirk. "Don't get used to it." I take a sip of my milk.

She giggles. She reaches over and grabs a picture off my nightstand, and observes it. "Who's this?" She asks. "She's very pretty."

"My mom." I reply.

"Why don't you live with her?" She asks.

"She died when I was four." I tell her.

It's weird I'm even telling her this. She probably doesn't even care. She has a perfect life. Why does she want to hear about mine? Besides, I don't like opening up to people. It's just weird, and makes you vulnerable. And do you remember what I said about being vulnerable? It only leads to getting hurt.

"I'm sorry, Cameron." She looks me in the eyes, and sounds sincere when she says that.

"Can we just work on the project now?" I grab another cookie and take a bite.

The last thing I want, is her pity. I don't need anyone feeling bad for me. I also don't want her to like hug me or anything, or for us to have 'moment.' We're lab partners, not besties! She has her fake ass friends for that.

She nods.

After we work on the diagram for a bit, she has her driver pick her up. Things weren't so bad today, I mean they could have been a lot worse. We could have ripped each others throats out, or it could have just been awkward silence. I still haven't made up my mind about this girl though. I can't tell if there's actually a real human being beneath this plastic barbie, or if she's just as fake as the rest of her bitch friends. Time will only tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 25 25
Eighteen year old Jasper Williams hides his feelings for the same sex from his friends and family, he likes girls but there's something about the sam...
273K 10.6K 22
Completed. Kaitlyn's and Lydia's worlds collide in a way they never imagined. But what will happen when these two meet. War? Lust? Friendship? Will t...
2.6K 304 10
•GirlxGirl• Scout O'Brian hasn't had the greatest start at life. Growing up in countless foster homes, hasn't been her ideal childhood. One of the w...
479 48 25
This is a story about 17-18 year old's lives and how who they are sometimes isn't accepted and how it really affects them. Its also about surprise, a...