CURSED....to be together! (CO...

By HeartfeltFictions

Marriage is the most purest bond that binds two souls forever. But what if it's forced? Will the belief of th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Change of Fate
Chapter 2: Let me go...
Manik's background
Chapter 3: It's a deal!
Chapter 4: How dare you!
Chapter 5: His secretary
Chapter 6: Giving her a chance
Chapter 7: Getting drawn towards her
Chapter 8: Deceived by fate
Chapter 9: Marriage binding us together
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 {Part 1}
Chapter 12 {Part 2}
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
About the story
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66: I was scared!
LAST: Our New Beginning...

Chapter 36

24.2K 1.6K 59
By HeartfeltFictions

Nandani's POV
I had left the house but now what? Where should I go? Just then I got a call.

"Hey Navya, how are you?" I said trying to sound normal.

"Where are you?" She asked in a concerned manner.

I didn't want to tell her about all that had just happened so I sort of lied, "I am at home." Well technically I was still there just outside with my bags.

"Don't move, I will be there in no time." Navya said and cut the call. I couldn't understand what she was trying to say or do. Why is she coming to visit me and when did she come from Shimla? Oh...I had completely forgotten, it was her engagement tomorrow. My life is a complete mess once again.

After about 15mins, a car stopped right in front of me.

"Driver get her language in the car and madam, get in the car now!" Navya said. She seemed annoyed by what I had done.

"Navya, what are you saying and where are you taking me?" I asked as I peeped into the car through the window.

"First get in, then I will let you know." Navya said and opened the door.

I knew it was useless to argue here so I got into the car. "Now will you tell me where you are taking me?" I asked.

"Nandani....!" She wanted to say something but looked away and closed her eyes as if controlling or keeping something in. "You are staying with me." She said but did not look at me.

"What!! No Navya, what are you saying?" I was shocked at her statement. How did she know that I was leaving the house? And how could I stay with her, it's her engagement tomorrow and her house will be busy.

"Nandani, I am really furious at you right now for what you have done but I just want you to stay with me till you find a place. Am I clear." She really did sound pissed off but how did she know all this?

"How do you know what had happened?" I asked. She looked at me for a while and then answered.

"I have my sources." She said. I guess it must have been Mukti.

Manik's POV
My whole world seemed to have fallen apart. What all I had though and what had happened. First when I saw Nandani behaving strangely I thought it was something else but was this the reason. She was right, I really didn't deserve anyone in life. What I had done to her was simply not acceptable. But I just wanted one chance, one chance to tell her what I felt for her, what she meant for me. How could she give me everything in a moment and then take it away in the very next. How could she leave when she promised to stay. I heard a sound and saw mom walking in. I quickly wiped my tears and sat on the bed.

"Manik, I know what happened today was not expected but maybe she needs sometime to understand her own feelings." Mom said taking a place next to me.

"Mom, don't you want to know what I did with her?" I asked mom to give my clarifications.

"Beta I already know everything, I am your mother for a reason." She said leaving me dumbstruck.

"You know how I married her......" I asked being shocked and ashamed at the same time.

"Yes, everything! Mr Sinha had told us everything. We knew it since the beginning. But we lied, because I saw how Nandani was affecting you. How she brought you back to us. I had understood your feelings long back, it's just that you needed to figure them out. How do you think Shimla happened? I mean it was Cabir's idea but I did play a very important role in your love story." Mom said.

"Love story?" I sarcastically laughed at it.

"So you are saying you don't love her?" Mom asked.

"No!! I mean...she doesn't." I said trying to hide my feelings.

"Manik, she got you back to us and got yourself to you too. Do you think she doesn't love you? And you know what now it's your turn to do something for her. She seemed annoyed because she never got to chose anything for herself, then why don't you give her reasons to chose you. I mean she was a little harsh but understand her point of view too. She is frustrated that she can't control her life. Maybe you should apologies for what had happened and propose your love." Mom suggested.

"I tried to tell her today as well, but she just didn't let me." I complained.

"What if she hasn't yet realise that she loves you to? I think you should make her realise her own feelings, maybe then she would understand." Mom said.

I thought about her the entire night, perhaps mom was right. Tomorrow is Cabir and Navya's engagement, maybe I can try then. I need to make her understand that she loves me too. But does she? I let her go today but not because I was hurt or angry but because she had to return back forever to me. And perhaps distance could bring us closer then togetherness at this moment.

Nandani's POV
Life just couldn't get worse, can it! Navya told her parents that I just wanted to spend sometime with her before marriage so I came here to stay till the wedding. But who was supposed to tell them the whole truth? What if they would have problems with me staying here if they got to know that I walked out from my house. I mean Cabir's dad and Manik's dad were like besties, what if this could result problems in Navya's marriage. And on top of that I had to pretend that Manik and I are a happily married couple. Why was I being tested? The engagement had already started and people kept asking me where my 'beloved' husband was and I kept saying that he was on his way but was he even going to come? Cabir, Dhruv,Aaliya and Aryaman had no idea of anything that had happened yesterday so again I had to pretend!
Well I did think it was going to be easy, rather done in few steps; first, ignore the monster, second, hurt him emotionally and third, walk out. But how ironic of me to call him the monster after acting like one.

Just then the gang entered together as if an international band has come to perform. Me and Navya stood in a corner, stealing glances at our partners respectively. An aunty caught us and sent Navya to her room and dragged me towards Manik.
"Here is your wife, she was stealing glances from behind that pillar. So I thought of bringing her in front of you. After all you have the license to romance openly." My eyes widen in shock at what the aunty was saying. If only I could tape her mouth.

"Yes aunty. I missed him so much. Thank you that you got me here, in front of him." I said holding onto Manik's right hand. Manik just looked at me as a confused soul not being able to understand my bipolar behaviour. The lady admired us and blessed us to be together, forever and went. As soon as she left, I withdrew my hands and whispered softly into his ears, "she was Navya's relative and nobody knows about us. So just play along. I am sure you don't want your best friend's wedding to get ruined." I said and stood awkwardly next to him.

He just kept quite, perhaps trying to figure out everything. "So the married couple had matched their clothes." Cabir teased making it difficult for me. Manik had a weird smirk on his face, as if he had solved his hardest math sum. I just looked down to not show the blush on my face.

Manik's POV
So we had to pretend to be a happily married couple? Thank you God for giving me this chance. I am sure I will be able to make her realise she loves me too and that we are meant to be.
"No, it's just a coincidence." I heard Nandani say it to Cabir, don't know for what reason. She walked away from me when the rest of them laughed at a joke that I must have missed.
The music system was set up but they couldn't find the USB of songs. The crowd seemed to have gotten bored and an idea struck me. I can try convey my feelings for Nandani and cheer the crowd too.

Nandani's POV
I was sitting next to Navya, when I heard Mr Monster's voice on the Mike.

"Welcome everyone to this occasion of my wife's and my best friends engagement. I wanted to make this day special for them and got an idea. Why not sing a song. But this song is dedicated to someone special, who is my life and my wife. So Mrs Malhotra, this song is for you." Manik said looking in my eyes, standing by a distance away.

Why was he making it difficult for me. The more I stopped him from confessing, the more he tried. What will I do now?

The lights went off and then a spot light fell on me.
Aahatein kaisi yeh aahatein
Sunta hoon aaj kal aye dil bata
Dastakein dete hain dastakein
Kyun ajnabi se pal aye dil bata
I saw Manik dreamy walking towards me. Holding a mike in his one hand and offering me the other to place my hand in his. There was no option I had but to place my hand in his. Not just because there were people around us but because his eyes pulled me towards me.

Kuch toh hai jo neend aaye kam
Kuch toh hai jo aankhe hai nam
Kuch toh hai jo tu keh de toh
Haste haste marr jaaye hum
He took me to the centre and made me turn with his one hand to the beats on the music and pulled me closer as he sang the last line. My eyes were just locked with his.

Mujhse zyada mere jaisa
Koi hai toh hai tu
Phir na jaane dil mera kyun
Tujhko na de sakun..
I was lost into his eyes. The lyrics felt as if they were sang right from his heart. I realised that I won't be able to stop if I didn't let go and turned back to leave.

Kuch toh hai jo dil ghabraaye
Kuch toh hai jo saans na aaye
Kuch toh hai jo hum honthon se
Kehte kehte keh naa paaye
But he held my hand and pulled me back. My back touched his front. I closed my eyes as I could feel his breath on my neck. The lyrics were explaining each and every emotion that I was feeling. I actually was breathing hard and almost stopped due to the approximately.

Jo humaare darmiyaan hai
Isko hum kya kahein
Ishq kya hai ik lehar hai
Aao iss mein bahein
He perhaps realised that we were between many other people so he released me. But I had forgotten everything and everyone and just moved as his touch guided me. He made me face him and pulled me by my waist. He sang the whole thing looking into my eyes and meaning each and every word.

Kuch toh hai jo hum hain khoye
Kuch toh hai jo tum na soye
Kuch toh hai jo hum dono yun
Haste haste itna roye
He placed his left hand on my right cheek and cared my face with his thumb. I wish this moment never ended. His eyes reflected every emotion that any girl wishes to see in her companion. Perhaps I was the most unluckiest person to have it all yet not have any of it.

Our trance broke with the claps of everyone and I realised how I had gotten carried away. I ran away from that place hiding all my feelings from that one person to whom it mattered the most....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 30.1K 61
A father who immensely loves his Champ but can't show that. A son who loves his father but thinks that his family hates him. Family who hates him or...
95.5K 7.8K 33
The sequel to MUTUALLY MARRIED ******************************************** Manik and Nandini are finally married but for reasons apart from love. R...
362K 22.2K 39
[ ❤️Winner of mystical awards...] #8 in FF 23/09/17 #5 in Oct 2017 #9 in FF 22/09/17 Copywrite @ 2018 - Smiling Girl_07 This story is from heart n...
131 2 64
"After seeing all this, will you still be able to love me? You surely are not. That's why I was telling you to change your decision otherwise you won...