Esdeath x Male Reader - The R...

By TheNinjaAtWar

After battling in Esdeath's special tournament, you're now an official member of the Jaegers. Things go well... More

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI

Part VII(Final)

18.7K 230 82
By TheNinjaAtWar

Imperial Capital

Revolution Day

Hours later....

Man: Is it safe to come out now?

You: Don't know, I'll go check. Stay here.

Man: Right.

You then opened the trapdoor and what you saw next put a look of horror on your face. Every building within the area was completely obliterated and all that's left is debris.

After looking at this sight for a few seconds, you stepped outside and looked around before letting everyone in the basement out so they can head somewhere safe.

You: *You look at a man* Get these people somewhere safe. Don't stop.

Man: *Nods to your order* Will do. *Follows other people*

Elderly Woman: *Walks up to you and you notice her* Thank you young man, we are in your debt.

You: No problem madame. *Elderly woman leaves*

Then, out of nowhere, the ground shook once more and when you looked to your left, you saw a huge ice wall form around what appears to be a destroyed Primus Imperator!!

Upon seeing this, you knew that Esdeath was there, so you began to make your way towards the massive cold wall to investigate what's going on there.

When you arrived there, you saw Najenda standing in front of the wall as the sounds of swords clashing can be heard in the center of the ice structure.

You: Najenda!! *She looks at you and you run up to her* What's going on?

Najenda: It's Esdeath and Akame, their fighting each other in there.

You: Where's Tatsumi and Leone?

Najenda: I don't know.

The ground shook again as Akame continues to fight Esdeath. Attack after attack, the two fierce sword users gave it their all to ensure they don't fall. You knew that you had to stop before it gets worse, so you climbed up the ice wall and land at the other side.

After that, you saw Akame and Esdeath still fighting each other. Seeing an opening in Akame's assault, Esdeath knelt on the ground and summoned an ice pillar at Akame, pushing her away from the general.

Once Akame was open in the air, Esdeath summoned more ice pillars from the walls she made earlier and aimed them at our Night Raid assassin. Luckily, she saw the pillars coming and dodged them all, but didn't see Esdeath coming when she kicked her back to the ground hard.

After that, Esdeath prepared to snap her fingers to use Hagel Sprung on Akame in hopes of finishing her quickly. When you saw this, you began to run towards Akame to save her from turning into a human pancake.

Esdeath: Farewell, Akame. *Snaps her fingers and a giant boulder of ice appears behind her*

You: AKAME!!

Akame: *Hears your voice and looks at you* (M/n)!?

Esdeath: *Hears you too and looks at you as well* What!? Why is he here!?

*Jump towards Akame and get behind her as the massive ice boulder gets closer and closer*

You: There's no way I'm gonna let another friend of mine die!! *You hold your shield in front of you* Not now!! NOT EVER!!

Soon, the massive ice boulder made contact with the ground and made a massive shock wave of dirt and dust that covered most of the area around you afterwards. From here, Esdeath thought she killed you and Akame, but what came next shocked her to her core.

When the dust settled, it was revealed that you and Akame survived the attack!! How you may ask? By your shield of course!! Just before the boulder hit the ground, you activated your Imperial Arm's trump card: Platinum Defense.

A move that can endure any attack and protect it's wielder and anyone else by forming a protective sphere around them.

*Trump Card wears off and your shield goes back to it's original form*

Akame: I can't believe it!! *You help Akame get back on her feet* Your shield can do that!?

You: All Imperial Arms have a Trump Card right? My shield has that too.

Akame: Thanks for saving me though.

You: What are friends for?

Then, your attention was on Esdeath now. When you looked at her, she had a face of doubt and anger after realizing your working with Night Raid. Akame was about to charge in and attack Esdeath, but you told her not too.

Hoping you could change her mind, you slowly and carefully walked up to Esdeath to speak with her.

Esdeath: (M/n), why did you protect her?

You: She's my friend. After I was framed by Minister Honest, I decided to work alongside Night Raid in hopes of clearing my name.

Esdeath: *Her eyes widen in shock upon hearing this* Y-You were framed?

You: *You nod to her question* This battle has already claimed enough lives. So please, don't fight anymore.

Esdeath: *Drops her sword and falls to the ground on her knees* Then was everything I did for peace....worthless?

You: *You look at her with concern* Esdeath....

Esdeath: I never fought to uphold peace. *Tears begin to flow down her face* Instead, I fought to destroy it instead. I'm a bad example of a general.

*You walk up to Esdeath and then hug her so she can stop crying*

You: Your not a bad example of a general. Your a great and caring leader. I saw that in you the first day you took my into the palace. Sure you fought for the wrong cause, but that doesn't mean you can't start over.

Esdeath: *You stop hugging her and she looks at you* You think so?

You: *You nod to her question* Yup.

*You help Esdeath up and you both look each other in the eyes*

You: And Esdeath, I got something else to tell you.

Esdeath: What is it?

You: I love you.

Esdeath: *Blushes upon hearing this and then smiles* Oh you.

After that, you and Esdeath kissed. When Najenda and Akame saw this, they were impressed that you were able to convince Esdeath to revert to the good side and make her come to her senses.

As for the Minister Honest, It has been confirmed that he's been killed by Leone while trying to escape the Capital. The terror of the corrupt government and the prime minister, has finally come to an end.

A new era of order and peace, has just begun.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Later that day....

(Listen to this while reading to the very end of Part VII)

After the conflict between Revolutionary and Imperial forces had ended, all survivors were gathered in evacuation camps that were set up all over the Capital so people have a place to be safe and cared for until the city was restored.

As for Run and Wave? They helped in on finding more survivors and taking the injured to the camps so they can be treated back to good health.

Najenda: We did it. We finally achieved our goal.

Akame: The people can live in peace now.

You: But first, we'll have to rebuild the Capital and the government. Taking one small step after the other.

Esdeath: (M/n). *You, Akame, and Najenda look behind you and see her*

You: *You look at them* I'll catch up with you guys later.

Akame: Okay.

After that, you walked up to Esdeath so you can speak with her.

You: So, how are things going with the search and rescue?

Esdeath: It's going well. So far, Run and Wave have found twenty-nine civilians. Two injured while the rest were fine.

You: That's good to hear.

Run: Esdeath. *You and Esdeath turn to your left to see Run and Wave walk up to you two* We've found as much survivors in the area as possible.

Esdeath: You did good you two. You did good.

Wave: Thanks.

Esdeath: *She looks at you* So what happens now?

You: We stick together. For a brighter future.

After that you and Esdeath began to walk elsewhere while holding hands. The last few months were difficult, but in the end, you and your comrades persevered. As of now, the Capital and the lands around it are on a road to a brighter future.

Sure there'll be challenges ahead, but even that won't stop you and your friends from upholding the peace. Along the way, you did lose people you cared about the most, but what they did for a better tomorrow will never be forgotten.

I'm not sure what the future holds but I do know that I'm going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate. As my dad said 'Nic, it is what it is, it's not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.'

                                                                                   - Nicole Kidman

                                                                                THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 1.6K 42
"I'm giving you this advice for your sake, because in the future you need to make a choice on what you do. He's lost his family and will never truly...
196K 2.8K 54
What if Tatsumi meet Esdeath before Night Raid?? Will he stay by her side after realizing who she truly is??? Or will he join The infamous Night Raid...
64.2K 563 8
Issei finds out the truth about his reincarnation as a devil. See what will issei become and what course of action he takes. This story is similar t...
3K 215 49
Explosions, Guns, Death, Blood, Putting your life on the line. These things were normal to you. Though, that's to be expected when you work as a Secr...