The Catch-Up (Natsu x Reader)

By mYs0309

(Y/N) (L/N) has always had a crush on Natsu Dragneel, the Fire Dragon Slayer. Even though she's only 10 years... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 68

20.2K 498 436
By mYs0309

(3rd PoV)

"Surprise (Y/N)!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she froze. "Oh my Mavis.." She whispered from behind her hands, which were covering her mouth.

The rest of Team Natsu and all of the guild members* were there right in front of her. They are grinned and waved at her. Natsu stood a few feet in front of (Y/N), with a sheepish smile on his face.

(Y/N) dropped her hands as she ran towards Natsu and hugged him tightly. "Like your surprise, Dovey?" Natsu asked as he hugged (Y/N). She nodded before pecking him on the lips, "Of course I do. Thank you so much, Natsu.."

"What? No hugs for us?" A certain ice-mage said from behind Natsu and (Y/N).

(Y/N) broke the hug between Natsu and hugged Gray tightly. "Happy birthday (Y/N)." He said as he ruffled (Y/N)'s hair. "Thanks snowman." She said as she broke the hug, giving Gray a grin.

-—-

"(Y/N)-san!" A familiar voice said as rapid footsteps went towards (Y/N). She was engulfed into a tight hug by a certain sky dragon slayer.

"Woah! I missed you too Wendy." (Y/N) said as she hugged Wendy. "Happy birthday (Y/N)-san!" Wendy said as she broke the hug. "Thanks Wendy." (Y/N) said with a grin.

-—-

"Erza!" (Y/N) exclaimed as she engulfed the red-haired mage into a tight hug. "Happy birthday (Y/N)." Erza said as she squeezed (Y/N). (Y/N) did the same.

"I hope they don't accidentally kill each other.." Lucy whispered. Wendy, Natsu, Gray, Carla, and Happy nodded.

"You've gotten stronger (Y/N). I could feel my bones about to break." Erza complimented as she broke the hug. (Y/N) nodded with a grin plastered on her face, "Thanks. You've gotten stronger too Erza."

-—-—-

After (Y/N) greeted the rest of Team Natsu, she hugged and greeted Mira, Juvia, Gajeel, and Levy.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!"

"Happy birthday, Runt."

"Gajeel be nice, it's her birthday! Happy birthday (Y/N)!"

"Juvia wishes (Y/N) a happy birthday!"

-—-

"It's about time you guys got together. It took a year, but you guys still got together." Gray said, making everyone else nod in agreement.

"Can you blame them? It was Natsu's fault for not confessing earlier." Lucy said with a sigh. "Hey!" Natsu exclaimed. "I didn't know how love felt like, so I wasn't sure! I just thought that I was sick or something!" He added.

"You should've seen him when he confessed though." (Y/N) began with a grin. "He was all nervous and blushing! I think he even stuttered.." She added as she held back a laugh. "Dovey..!" Natsu said as a light blush went across his cheeks. Everyone laughed at Natsu's reaction.

-—-

"You guys made me a cake..?" (Y/N) asked with a surprised tone. Everyone nodded, besides Lucy and Happy. "We couldn't because we were with you for the scavenger hunt. They were making it while we were busy." Lucy explained. (Y/N) made an 'oh' sound as she understood.

"Is it.. Is it edible?" (Y/N) asked nervously as she circled around the cake, examining it. "Of course it is!" Erza said proudly. (Y/N) tensed up at what Erza said. Erza wasn't exactly the best cook.

Mira went over to (Y/N) and whispered to her, "Don't worry, the cake tastes good. Erza just decorated the cake with the icing that I made." (Y/N) sighed in relief after Mira smiled at her.

"Hurry up (Y/N)! I want cake!" Happy said exasperatedly. (Y/N) chuckled as she waved him off, "Yeah yeah, I know." She approached the cake and everyone formed a circle around her and the cake.

Natsu lit up the candles and stepped back. Mira then started singing, along with everyone else, "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear (Y/N)! Happy birthday to you!"

Everyone clapped after (Y/N) blew out the candles. "What did you wish for?" Natsu and Happy asked in unison. (Y/N) shook her head as she grinned, "Ah I can't tell you or it won't come true." At that, Natsu and Happy groaned, causing everyone to roll their eyes.

"You're not gonna bite the cake, (Y/N)-san?" Wendy asked as she stood next to (Y/N). "Yeah go on and take a bite out of the cake." Gajeel said with a smirk as he neared (Y/N). "Um I'm not sure.. I don't exactly trust you guys.." (Y/N) said hesitantly as she eyed Gajeel, Natsu, and Gray, who were near her.

"Please (Y/N)!" Lucy begged. "I don't know.." (Y/N) said as she saw Mira take out a camera.

"C'mon Dovey, just one bite!" Natsu encouraged. (Y/N) sighed in defeat, "Fine.." Everyone cheered.

"Get away from me! All of you! If anyone pushes me, you will regret it!" (Y/N) warned as she shooed everyone away from her. Everyone nodded with innocent looks on their faces.

"Carla, I've changed my mind.. I don't want to face (Y/N)-san's wrath.." Wendy whispered to Carla, who nodded in agreement. "I'm with you Wendy." Levy said as she stood next to her and Carla. Mira went over to them and nodded in agreement. Everyone else on the other hand, had smirks on their faces.

(Y/N) quickly looked around and leaned forward to take a quick bite.

Or so she thought.

(Y/N) immediately felt a whole bunch of hands on the back of her head, shoving her forward into the cake. As soon as most of her face was in the cake, the hands disappeared from the back of her head. (Y/N) growled as she leaned back and opened her eyes after wiping away the icing off of her eyelids. She saw a flash go off and looked at where Mira was. Since Mira was using a polaroid camera, the picture instantly came out of the camera.

Everyone laughed and pointed at (Y/N) as they saw her face. Natsu was laughing loudly and obnoxiously.

"Hey Mira, can I see that picture really quick?" (Y/N) asked with a strangely calm voice. Mira nodded with a smile and gave (Y/N) the photo. (Y/N) looked at the picture and froze. She quickly gave the picture back to Mira as she said, "Better get your camera ready."

(Y/N) turned around and faced the crowd that was now in front of her, who were still laughing. The crowd included Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Lucy, Erza, Juvia, and Happy. Everyone else was with Wendy, Carla, Levy, and Mira.

"You guys just made the biggest mistake of your now short lives." (Y/N) said darkly as a shadow went over her eyes. They all stopped laughing and began running as (Y/N) began chasing them. Various flashes went off as (Y/N) chased them.

-—-

"You guys are staying?!" (Y/N) exclaimed. Gray, Erza, Gajeel, Levy, Mira, Wendy, Carla, and Juvia all nodded.

"Of course. We have to find Master Makarov, remember?" Erza said with a smile. "Right!" (Y/N) said with a big grin.

(Your PoV)

"Come on Natsu! You're so slow!" I urged and teased as I dragged Natsu outside. "You're practically dragging me. Anyways, why are we outside?" He asked as we stopped walking. We were standing in front of the big tree that was near the guild.

"I wanted to thank you Natsu."

I faced Natsu and hugged him tightly. "You don't have to thank me Dovey." Natsu said as I felt his arms wrap around me. "Yes I do."

"Those missing people that you were looking for.. They were the our guild mates weren't they?" I asked with a semi-knowing smile. I felt Natsu nod, "Yeah. We couldn't find Gramps though.. But we will."

(Y/N) loosened the hug and looked up at Natsu. "Thank you so much Natsu. This is the best birthday gift that anyone could ever give to me." She said before giving Natsu and loving kiss. After a few seconds, they broke the kiss and leaned their foreheads on each other.

"Hey Natsu?"

"Hm?"

"I love you. Please don't ever leave me."

"I will never leave you (Y/N). I will love you until the day I die. Even then I will still love you. No matter what."

"Natsu Dragneel." "(Y/N) (L/N)."

"I love you."

The End

-—-—-—-
* = I am wayy too lazy to name everyone in the guild, so I will only name a few members.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
(A/N)
Oh my goodness.

I can't believe that I finished this book. I've completed two Natsu Dragneel x Reader books. Way to go me!!

Anyways, ending this book has brought me to tears. I was crying as I was writing the last few paragraphs of this chapter/book. I would like to thank each and every one of you guys who read this book from the start to the finish. Thank you all for sticking with this book. I know that some chapters sucked, but you all stayed with this book and I. Thank you all so much. I could have never finished this book without your guys help, support, and love.

I am so glad that I made a lot of you guys happy with this book.

I apologize in advance for what I am about to announce.

There will be no sequel to this book, The Catch-Up.

I am truly sorry for this, but I do not have the time and ideas to write another book. I am already busy with my 3 other books, so I apologize for disappointing you guys. Please forgive me!

I hope you all enjoyed The Catch-Up with all of it's feels and it's ups and downs.

You are all welcome to message me if you want to say anything or just to talk.

Again, thank you all for this amazing journey and if you want, read my other books!

I love you all!

~ Mrs. Nanase (abc863)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 1.7K 43
-COMPLETED | Dec 31, 2019- BOOK 1 High-school student Lucy Heartfilia doesn't expect life to change much when she moves from sunny Clovertown...
76.3K 1.8K 53
(y/n) Dragneel is the twin sister of Fairy Tail's famous Salamander. Even though they are twins, they are very different. When Natsu got taken in by...
1.1K 32 22
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...
723K 20.6K 45
You're friends with everybody in the guild. Ever since your family abandoned you in the forest, you've been part of Fairy Tail. Before Fairy Tail, y...