Ten Years- A Dramione One-Shot

By ForeverDramione22

A Dramione One-shot... It has been 10 years. Ten long years since the Final Battle. Hermione Granger hasn't b... More

10 Years...

21.7K 462 441
By ForeverDramione22

May 2nd 2008

Dear Mr Malfoy,

As you know, today is the 10th anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. We would be delighted for you could attend our anniversary Ball tonight in the Great Hall to remember those who we lost that fateful night. Please bring your wife and your children as this will be a family celebration.

Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"Lioness!" A handsome platinum-blonde haired man screamed up the stairs to his wife.

"Yes honey?" she replied as she appeared at the top of the bannister, natural brown curls piled on top of her head.

"I've had an owl...."

"Ooooh, is it a new business deal my love?"

"No. Its an invite. To the annual Hogwarts ball to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle, from Headmistress McGonagall. It says my whole family are invited too, I'm not sure what to do." Draco told her hesitantly.

"Oh. I didn't know she was Headmistress." she paused for a few short seconds.

"We left as soon as it was over and moved here where no one knew us, of course you weren't to know." he reassured her.

"It's been too long. We should go, it will be good for Scorp, Iz and Cissa to get to know the other kids and I want to see my old friends."

She paused again biting her lip anxiously before she spoke once more. "You know I will probably have to change my appearance like I do when we go out. I hate doing it, but I can't stand the rumors, so many rumours about what happened that year, rumours about what happened to me. Even though most of them are probably true." she sighed heavily.

Draco made his way up the stairs, taking her hand gently as he spoke, "Are you sure Mione?"

"You can't call me that whilst we are there. I will have to be known as my pureblood name. I know it's always hard to adjust to but just imagine that you are meeting a new client, introduce me as Cassiopeia Malfoy, no longer Hermione Jean Malfoy." she told him anxiously.

"Of course my love, I know it will be hard to see them again. Its been 10 long years..." he replied kissing her on the forehead.

"Scorpius Blaise! Where is your sister?" Hermione Malfoy cried down the stairs.

A handsome 10yr old boy skulked around the corner, peering his face up the stairs at his parents. His hair was platinum blonde and identical to his father's own hair but his brown eyes resembled those of his mother's. His younger sister was trailing closely behind.

She was a beautiful 8yr old girl with waist-length hair colored like ash. Like her brother, Isabella had gained Hermione's delicate face and it suited her perfectly, but unlike him.

"I will go and wake up Cissy. This is a family meeting." Draco announced leaving her with a swish of his emerald green wizard robes. Although he lived in muggle Sydney and had done for 10 years now, Draco was still not used to their clothing and preferred to go about in his in his robes. Hermione secretly loved this about her husband, it helped her feel connected to the life she once had at Hogwarts.

The husband returned with a small 4yr old girl curled in his arms. Unlike her elder siblings, she was like her mother in more ways than one. Her wavy brown hair fell softly on her shoulders and she had always reminded her grandparents of a baby Hermione.

Her face, however, resembled Draco. Her misty grey eyes were large and complimented her high cheekbones. Overall, the Malfoy's were an extremely good looking family and attracted attention wherever they went. They sat down and Cissy transfered herself into her Mum's lap.

"Guys, we have a small problem that we would like your advice on. See we have had a letter, inviting us to the Hogwarts Annual Ball. But none of us have been there for ten years." Hermione said quietly, scared to face her children knowing the excitement that would arise in them at the thought of a Ball.

"Mummyyyy, is that where you and Daddy went to school?" asked Narcissa Malfoy, the youngest of the trio.

"Yes honey, and it's where Scorp will be going in September." Draco answered for his wife.

"Really! I get to go to Hogwarts!!" the only boy cried happily.

"Daddy can we go to the party, please? Pretty please? Can I wear a pretty dress?" begged Cissa.

"I think so. But darlings, there is something I need to tell you. I haven't always been honest with you about my past and if we are going to Hogwarts, you need to know what happened." Mione said quietly and all of her children sat down, suddenly falling silent. Narcissa snuggled further into her lap looking up intently.

"I am Hermione Granger. War heroine and the brightest witch of her age they called me" they all gasped even the youngest Malfoy (mostly to join in with her siblings, not wanting to be left out), clearly not expecting that.

"Mum, why didn't you tell us before? We all know about the war and who the Golden Trio were. Everyone has heard of them." asked Isabella, tilting her head to the side as she looked up at Hermione confused.

"Just hear me out, I need to tell you the complete story. I am a muggle born witch and your father is a pureblood." she began and her eyes glazed over like she was reminiscing in her memories.

"Back when we were 11, only a little bit older than you are now Scorp, purebloods thought they were better then everyone else and Draco bullied me. We were enemies. Until third year after I punched him in the fac-"

"She broke my nose and crushed my pride, that day." Draco chuckled to himself.

"Shut up, you deserved that punch, you prat and if I do say so myself it was a fantastic hit. Anyway when I finally realized he wasn't who everyone thought he was we became good friends, meeting in secret whenever we could. I was best friends with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley during Hogwarts, as you know, and when we were in a 6th year, Voldemort returned and your Grandpa demanded Draco join a group of evil group of wizards who wanted to kill Harry, they gave your dad a horrible task that he couldn't complete."

"However. In that year me and Draco were already dating and I helped him through the task. However Voldemort, the evil wizard, couldn't die so The Golden Trio as we came to be known, went on a journey to kill every piece of his soul. That is when I found out I was pregnant with you, Scorp. I knew I would never be accepted; especially as Ron had just said he loved me, so after the final battle, me and your father ran away. And now we live here in Sydney after we got married and had Iz two years later and then Cissa."

Draco began to roll up his left sleeve until the bold black mark was completely visible on his forearm, slightly faded around the ages from the time that had passed. Draco's once white, pale arm was sun kissed with the golden Australian sun and the fading meant it no longer made people shiver in fear. Scorpius gasped but the two girls looked confused.

"Daddy? What's that?" asked Narcissa quietly.

"That's- that's- that's the Dark Mark..." their son looked terrified as he slowly backed away.

"You know what that is?" Iz asked her older brother. Both girls had always looked up to their brother as a role model and believed he knew everything as he had definitely followed in his mother's footsteps.

"Yeah sis, from the Death Eater's. We all know how you like sports just like Dad, but I love to read just like Mom. I read about Dark Magic and Hogwarts in the library upstairs. Grandpa Lucius made you a Death Eater?" Scorp was evidently horrified now.

"I want you to know there is nothing to be ashamed of that was a Death Eater. It's not something I am proud of but I did it to protect my family. People may tease you or be horrified that the War Heroine married a former Death Eater but no matter what people say, I love your Mum and that's all that matters. Look at Uncle Blaise, he was accepted..." he explained to his kids.

"I love your Dad with all my heart and I wouldn't change falling pregnant with my boy as a teenager for anything. You guys are my world, but now it's time to step back into my old world." Hermione added.

"Eww, Mum that's cute and everything but don't be soppyyyy." Iz grimaced.

"Hahaha, I will laugh and say I told you so when you get a boyfriend honey." her mom chuckled.

"ISABELLA GINNY MALFOY! You will not get a boyfriend, if I see you anywhere near a boy I will kill him. No one is good enough for my baby!" Dray announced.

"Daaaaddd, you can't protect me forever..." she complained.

"I can and I will, this is what being a Dad is about. You are only 8!"

"Anyways, I don't know if we will have time to go to Diagon Alley to get outfits. Girls, do you want something from the Cassiopeia summer range, it isn't out yet so no one will recognize the designs?" Hermione asked her girls and they both looked at each other in shock, grins widening on their faces. Their Mum had never asked if they wanted to wear something from her line before, this must be special.

"Are you kidding me? I would love too!" screamed the eldest daughter and she dashed into her mother's studio.

"Mummy? Could I have that blue spotty one, the one with the pretty bow in the middle? I really like it." Cissy asked Hermione sweetly.

"Of course darling. I designed it for you anyway." Hermione put down her youngest daughter and she ran to join her sister in the studio.

"Ermm what about me?" asked Scorpius awkwardly. He had never been one for social situations or dressing up smartly.

"Honestly. You think I would leave you out, there is a suit hanging up in the studio. I finished it this morning, a bloody good job really, and there is a larger slightly different version for your Dad."

Scorpius smiled at his mum and then abruptly turned and threw his arms around her.

"Mum, thank you for telling us about you're past. I know it was hard to think about all of those memories and I know it will be hard tonight but I believe in you." he told his mother.

"It means a lot to hear that from you Scorp." she returned her son's cuddle and he walked towards the staircase before quickly turning around again.

"I don't think you should pretend to be anyone else. I know you don't like it and I think secretly you want to see Ron's face when he realises you married Dad. Go kick some butt Mum!" he encouraged and disappeared up the stairs.

Hermione laughed realizing her son was right. He usually was.

5 and a half hours later Izzie Malfoy was waiting in the foyer for the rest of her family. She was dressed in a long baby pink gown and was wearing an impatient look on her face.

"Mum! Aren't you ready yet?" she shouted.

"10 more minutes!" she shouted back.

"Oh, Scorpius get out of my way, go join your sister downstairs" Hermione grumbled and the blonde haired boy stomped down the stairs wearing a miniature black suit and looking adorable. Iz sat down knowing her parents wouldn't be appearing any time soon.

"Lioness, I'll take Cissy off your hands, just focus on getting ready we need to leave in a minute." Draco tried to calm his wife.

"Yes I know we need to leave in a minute" she snapped and looked sorry when she saw the pained look on her love's face.

"Sorry hun, I'm just stressed about it you know? Scorp gave me an idea- I'm going to be myself- no glamour charms. It's time they realised I wasn't dead." she hugged Draco as if for moral support.

"I'm proud of you Mione." he replied and gliding down the stairs in a typical Malfoy tuxedo; designed by his wife- carrying his youngest daughter on his hip. She looked completely adorable and utterly happy in her new dress.

Finally, a long ten minutes later, Hermione Malfoy flew down into the room where all her children were impatiently waiting, looking flustered but effortless. She wore a beautiful chiffon gown from her new midnight range, it was black and tiny silver beads glittered in the light. However unlike the original that had been released to the public- Hermione had charmed her dress to make it her own. The underskirt was made almost entirely of sequins that glowed gently and changed colour when she danced. There was no denying that Hermione was skilled at her job.

"Wow, mummy you look amazing" her daughter gasped, her eyes widening.

"Mummy looks pwetty!" squealed Narcissa in agreement.

"Thanks girls." their mother blushed furiously until her cheeks matched the colour of her pink, rosy lips. "Anyway Scorp, you come with me and Iz go with your Dad. Ciss who do you want to go with?"

"Mummy!" she squealed and jumped out of her father's arms towards Hermione. Her mother only just catching her before she plummeted to the floor.

"Well then, don't I feel loved" said Draco sarcastically.

"Don't worry Daddy, I still love you" Narcissa explained cutely leaning over to give him a small kiss on his stubbled cheek.

"I just love Mummy a teeny tiny bit more..." she added chuckling as showed them a small gap between her fingers as if that was how much more she liked Hermione. Her siblings couldn't help sniggering at Draco's mock hurt face.

Hermione clutched a hold of her daughter tightly and grabbed Scorpius' arm pulling him to her side, looking over at her husband with a smile. With a crack, both parts of the family apparated and landed with a bump outside the familiar Hogwarts gates.

"Now if anyone asks you don't tell them who you're parents are. People will find out but I want to be the one to do it. Pay back for never making any effort to try and contact me" their mother muttered darkly and all her children nodded.

"Dray, hun I will call you, Isla and Scorp over in a bit. I want to take Cissa with me as she looks the most like my child and hope they realise why she is called Narcissa." she added and her husband kissed her on the forehead.

"Good Luck"

"Mummy? Will Uncle Blaise and Auntie Natalie be there?" Cissy asked.

"Yes darling, and Auntie Pansy and Uncle Theo too"

As soon as she watched her children enter the hall their screams could be heard from outside where Hermione and her youngest daughter were still standing.

"Uncle Blaise, Uncle Theo!" cried her son happily.

"Auntie Pans, Auntie Nat!" came Isabella's voice.

"Ready?" Hermione asked the daughter in her arms.

"Ready" she replied fiercely and together they pushed open the door.

At the sight of Hermione behind the swinging door, the room fell silent all for a few shocked whispers and gasps, except the Slytherins. Seemingly unfazed by the stares, Mione glided over to Pansy and kissed her on the cheek and she did the same to Nathalia- a muggle born witch who was the wife of Blaise and the mother of Esme Zabini. A two year old girl by the name of Aloisia Hermione Nott bounded over to Hermione and wrapped her arms around her Godmother's legs.

Whispers erupted louder throughout the Hall and Hermione's school friends looked shocked. As she changed her mind, in order to minimize suspicion she dropped her youngest daughter and picked up the small girl entangled in her dress.

"Change of plan. Cissy- you stay here with Auntie Nat." Mione whispered.

Casually she walked through the crowd of people, once again chatting loudly, and stood in front of her friends.

"Hey," she greeted them quietly as if it hadn't been 10 years that they had been apart but only 10 days. Her friends looked angry and she shrunk back worriedly.

"Hermione!" cried Ginny, dropping her facade and throwing her arms around her best friend, careful not to crush the small girl cradled in her arms. She pulled back and glared at Harry and Ron.

"Speak to her then you absolute dickheads!" she rolled her eyes but Mione had noticed the two glittering rings on her finger and a matching one on Harry's.

"You got married and you never told me! Congratulations!" shrieked Hermione.

"You had kids and you never told me!" retorted Ginny laughing.

"In our defense we thought you were dead Mione." Harry added quietly.

"Oh no! This isn't my daughter, this is Aloisia- my Goddaughter." she laughed

"So you're still single?"asked Ron hopefully.

"No Ronald! I am happily married, with 3 children. You can't not contact me for 10 years and then ask if I am single!" she burst out before calling for her kids and they all came running, Draco sauntering behind them.

"Meet my children, Scorpi-" but Hermione was cut off.

"Malfoy! Get away from Hermione's children! You have no right to be here! You're a bloody death eater. Wouldn't you're pathetic excuse for a wife have something to say about you being near a mudblood and a couple of blood traitors?" Ron argued causing Harry and Ginny to gasp. But the couple remained unfazed.

A smirk crossed Draco's face. "Why don't we find out then!" he spat back, turning to Hermione, his voice softening.

"My dear darling pathetic excuse for a wife, do you mind me being near a mudblood?"

"I wouldn't expect any less my love, as long as she is the only mudblood who gets to birth your children." Hermione kept a completely straight face as she kissed her husband.

"What? You-you-you traitor!" Ron exploded but she ignored him.

"Let me introduce my children- Scorpius Blaise Malfoy, Isla Ginny Malfoy and Narcissa Pansy Malfoy."

A glistening of tears entered Ginny's eyes " You, you named her after me? she smiled.

"Of course, she couldn't not have her Godmother's name could she?" chuckled Mione.

"You, you, I, she..." words defied the red head as she flung her arms around her best friend for the second time today. Turning to Draco and flinging her arms around him she whispered a thank you. Then she picked up her goddaughter and flung her into her own arms as if she was weightless.

"Hey Auntie Gin" Iz laughed and Ginny began to cry again. However the happiness was short lived.

Ron grabbed the small girl out of his sister's arms and pushed her to the floor, she ran off to Pansy sobbing whilst he stood there with his arms folded.

"How dare you, I waited for you after the battle. I loved you! I still love you! I thought you were dead Hermione. Why? Why did you leave?" he seemed and a loud crack sounded as he slapped his former best friend across her cheek, but she didn't flinch.

"Don't you speak to me like that Ronald Weasley. You hear me. You never ever touch me or Draco or my children ever, ever again. Do you understand me?" Hermione hissed menacingly.

"Draco hun, take the kids to Pans and Theo and stay over there, they don't need to witness this." and she kissed him on the cheek.

"Call me if you need me Lioness" he replied and pulled his children away.

Hermione finally noticed the dress that Ginny was wearing.

"I see you like my designs then Gin?"

"Your designs?"

"Your dress, by Cassiopeia, number 18 from the Winter Wonderland collection."

"How did you?" Gin looked amazed.

With a flick of her wand Hermione changed- her hair grew waist length and turned blonde, her face shape changed and her eyes faded to a light blue.

"I am Cassiopeia Malfoy. No one knows it's me because I had to hide my identity. This is how I go out in public so no one recognizes me."

"Wow." was all Ginny could say.

"Back to the matter at hand. Hermione married a death eater and has been gone to Merlin knows where for 10 years. AND NONE OF YOU ARE COMPLAINING!" moaned Ron as Hermione became herself again.

"Let me start from the beginning."

"Me and Draco have been friends since 3rd year after I punched him and then went to apologize. We have been dating since 4th year. The day before we left to hunt for horcruxes we broke up- because I was trying to protect him. However, I found out I was pregnant. We found each other in the battle and ran away to Sydney after Harry had defeated Voldemort. We married in July that year and Scorpius was born in the August. We have had 2 more kids since."

"Wow, so you were pregnant during the final battle? I salute you- I don't want to get out of bed most of the time and I barely left the house with Albus." Ginny sighed.

"You're pregnant! Congrats guys!" Mione beamed.

"Oh my gosh! Yes I forgot! We have Albus Severus who is 4, James Sirius who is 6 and I am pregnant with a girl."

"You evil backstabbing bitch! I told you I loved you and all that time you were carrying a miniature Malfoy. A death eater's child! Ron shouted.

"Ronald shut up!" came Harry's voice, shocking the girls as he hadn't said much yet but had been observing Hermione and her husband. From across the room Draco was watching worriedly and he didn't notice Astoria Greengrass enter the Great Hall- alone.

"I can easily see how much they love each other. Anyone can. Any other guy would have run a mile at becoming a father at 18. Me included. I think its adorable." he stated.

"NO! I haven't had anyone serious in my life for 10 years because I always thought she was coming back for me." Ron growled.

"TOO BAD! I made it quite clear I didn't love you." Hermione screamed at the retreating ginger as he stormed out of the Great Hall.

"I need to find Draco. Thank you for understanding." Hermione said and spun round to find her doting husband.

"Care to dance m'lady?"

"Obviously."

They swept towards the dance floor together and began to waltz. Hermione's dress glided and the sequins began to glow and slowly change color. They were oblivious to the world when Draco felt a tap on his shoulder. Astoria.

"Hey honey, what are you doing with the mudblood?" she asked her voice as sickly as sugar. Draco didn't answer so she started on Mione.

"Mudblood, what the hell are you doing with my boyfriend." she snarled at Hermione but once again both weren't bothered.

"Nice dress it's a real shame it's too sophisticated for trash like you. A dress isn't going to hide you're flaws, it just outlines them." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"And what would you know about dresses. You couldn't even afford one of the sequins off my dress. It's by Cassiopeia- the World's Best Wizarding Designer."

Both Draco and his wife sniggered at this comment.

"I know a lot more about dresses than you do. Number 34 from the Spring Goddess collection, isn't it. And don't even deny it. I know that because I designed them and then sewed them together. Thanks for the compliment by the way, I didn't know you thought I was the World's Best Designer."

"You are lying! I have met Cassiopeia and you aren't her!" she cried and with another flick of her wand Hermione was once again Cassiopeia.

"Look familiar now Greengrass?"

"Anyone can do that! You are only saying that so you can impress my Drakie. Its not going to work, he won't look twice at someone like you." but confusion clouded her once fearless tone.

"Oh hun, I don't need to impress my husband of 10 years, we already have 3 children together. I am way past the impressing him stage, I can do that in my pyjamas." Hermione smirked.

"Tell me its not true. Drakie why is she making stuff up about you? Tell her to go away so we can spend some time together." Astoria wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and grabbed ahold of Draco's arm. But he tugged it away easily and kissed Hermione passionately.

"Is that enough proof Greengrass?" he laughed at her face as it grew continually more red and angrier.

"No! You blood traitor! I hate you!" and with that Astoria ran screaming from the Hall.

Hermione caught sight of her eldest daughter and Albus Potter dancing together in a corner of the hall and smiled. They looked adorable but she knew that if Draco saw he would protect 'Daddy's Little Girl'. Hermione giggled to herself at the thought.

"Once again, care to dance m'lady?" Draco asked his beautiful wife.

"I would love to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 942 39
Sequel for "Avada Kedavra". If you haven't read that story, I suggest you to read that first because you will definitely get confused with this story...
82.8K 2K 22
© Copyright. 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. zenanda1912. Book 1 of the 'Cobalt and Cyan' series "We so need to hire her as our bodyguard." Niall said. ~ ...
236K 5.7K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
8.4K 331 35
Isabelle is a 4 year old girl who lives in Toronto Ontario. Isabelle just recently moved in with her older sister Brynn, Brynn is a doctor. Isabelle'...