she's a catch | benny rodrigu...

By Madison-15

"Hey did you hit that homer?!" The guy nodded and took off his cap. Beautiful wavy hair came... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9 part 1
9 part 2
Important
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22

chapter 3

16.4K 256 375
By Madison-15

I was with my Dad and brothers in the dinning room eating breakfast. This time my brothers were eating at a decent pace.

"So Liv have you made any friend so far?" Dad asks while taking a bite from his pancake.

"I highly dout it Dad." Frankie said before taking a sip from his orange juice. I punched him in the gut making him choke on his orange juice.

"Actually I did. But most of them are guys." I said. I heard Mikey snicker across the table.

"What, you couldn't find a girl to put up with you." I leaned over the table to face Mikey.

"What about you Mickey Mouse. You still can't find a girl to put up with your crappy jokes?" We were ready to jump over the table and fight right there, but Dad stopped us.

"Olivia and Michael sit down now!" Dad bursted making me and Mikey sit down before glaring at each other.

Me and Mikey like to argue all the time. But he was older than me. Alex was the oldest then Frankie, then Mikey lastly me. It really sucked being the baby of the Family.

"He started it." I mummbled under my breath.

"I don't care who started it.
Both of you tell me What are my rules." He demanded.

We both replied with a 'ugh' and then said together, "If we are going to fight not to do it in the house with the important and expensive things." Dad nodded at our answer.

"Good, Now Liv, you and I are going to the store to buy somethings for the house. Boys I want you to clean up the house while we're gone."

The all of them whined while I stuck my tounge out at them. Then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I got out of my chair and walked to the door.

I checked the peep hole on the door to see Benny. I smiled to myself and opened the door.

"Well look who used the front door." I said while holding to door.

"Hi Liv. Are you coming to the Sandlot?" He asked with a pleading smile. I had to suppress the urge to smile like an idiot.

"Sorry Benny I can't today.
My Dad is taking me to the store to buy somethings for the house."
Benny's smile turned into a little frown that kinda made me a little sad.

"Oh, okay." Benny said with a weak smile.

"Don't look to sad. I won't be gone for long, stop by my house in half an hour." I then closed the door.

"Liv go get your shoes on so we can leave." I heard Dad from the other room.

I went up stairs to my room and dressed in denim overall shorts, black shirt, and white convers. I grabbed my Dodgers cap off my bed and put it on. Running into the bathroom I brushed my teeth before running back down stairs.

"Ready Dad?" I asked waiting by the door.

"Lets go." We walked out the house and to the car.

Once we finally got into the city Dad said, "Okay Liv I'm going into the grocery store for maybe 20 minutes. You can go into the sports store and buy what you like." He then took some money out of his pocket and gave me 2$. (a/n It's 1967 in the movie.)

"Thanks Dad." I said then kissed his cheek and left to the sports store.

As soon as I walked in it was baseball heaven. There was baseball gloves, hats, posters, it was amazing. I walked over to the baseball posters and tried to find one that I liked. Hint the word tried. After a few minutes my eyes landed on a Babe Ruth poster that   read 'The Great Bambino!'.

"Are you lost gorgeous?" I turned around to see a group of boys in a baseball uniforms.

"Excuse me?" I said turning my attention over to them.

"Aren't you lost. Your in a sports store." A blonde kid said, who seemed to be the leader of all of them.

"Why would I be lost in a sports. I came for a reason."

"Yeah but your a girl. The clothing store is down the street." He said while pointing out the door.

I chuckled to myself and stepped up to the Blondie so my face was only inches from his. "You know just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't kick your ass in this store right here, right now." He narrowed his eyes towards me.

I turned back at the Babe Ruth poster. "I think I might get this one." I said pointing at the poster. Once I got the posters I passed by the group of boys hiting the Blondie shoulder with mine.

I paid for my poster and left back to the car to find Dad waiting for me. "Ready to leave?"

"Yep." I said poping the 'p'.

When I got home I set my poster on the empty wall. I always loved the Babe. My Mom and Dad took me as a baby to see the game. My Dad was actually on the team with Babe Ruth. I think that's how I started to love baseball.

My thoughts were interupted by a pebble hitting my window.
I think I already knew who it was. I walked over to my my window and opened it to see none other than Benny.

"Ready to play ball?" Gosh is that all he thinks about. What am I saying it probably is.

"Sure let me get my bat and glove. Meet me at my door" I got my bat and glove and ran down stairs.

"Dad I'm going out!" I called out before leaving through the door.
Benny was standing there waiting.

"Let's go." I said with my bat on my shoulder.

After we were walking down the street I saw the kid from yesterday. It looked like he had a black eye. What happened to him. Must have had a very rough day.

"Hey Benny let's invite that kid from yesterday." I said pointing to the kid. Benny shrugged.

"Why not, he seems a little bear up About what happened yesterday."

So when we agreed we walked over to the kid that was sitting on the steps of his house with busted plastic glove.

"Hey kid." Benny said as we approached him.

He looked up at us then back down at his glove.

"We're gonna play some ball. We need an extra guy. You wanna go?" I asked.

"No. Thanks." He answered while shaking his head.

"Why not?"

"Dont you like baseball?" Me and Benny asked.

"Oh, yeah, but--

"But what?" I questioned as I cut him off.

The kid stood up with his glove in his hands. "But my glove--
It's busted." Benny rolled his eyes at his answer.

"Uh, see? Now I can't go. Thanks though."

"It okay kid." I told him.

"She's right. I got an extra one." Benny said then took out a dark brown baseball glove from his back pocket.

"Come on. Lets go." I told him.

The kid opened the front door and yelled, "Mom, I'm gonna go play some ball! I'll be back in a little while." He then threw the busted glove into the house.

"Come on. Lets go." I said as we ran to go get the boys.

Before meeting boys we each other names. Mainly Benny and Me telling Scotty our names and him his. As we were walking out of a store we saw Ham standing infront of the boys with a fake cigar in his mouth.

"I'm the Great Bambino." He muffled out.

"What?" All the boys said at the same time. We could barely tell what he was saying.

"I'm the Great Bambino." He muffled out again.

"What?"

"He's the Great Bambino." I said getting a lot of 'Ohs' from the boys.

"Who's that?" I heard a voice say. And that voice was Scotty's.

Ham turned around and stepped back with the boys. They all looked at Scotty like he was a alien. Couldn't blame them after what he just said.

"What?" Ham said shocked.
"-What did he say?" Ham asked turning to DeNunez.

"What, were you born in a barn, man?" Bertram asked.

"Yeah yeah what planet are you from?" Yeah yeah added.

"You never heard of The Sultan Of Seat?" Squints asked.

"The Titian Of Terror?" DeNunez asked.

"The Colossus Of Clout?"Timmy asked

"The Colossus Of Clout?" Tommy asked copying what his brother said.

"The King Of Crash, man." Benny said.

"The Babe." I added lastly.

Scotty looked like he was trying to find words to say. "Oh, yeah. The Great Bambino. Of course. I thought you said "The Great Bambi"

"That wimpy deer?" Ham asked.

"Yeah. I guess. Sorry."

When it little awkward Benny spoke up. "Anyway, Scott, That's
Timmy and Tommy Timmons."
And they both spit on the ground.

"Mike Squints Palledorous." Squints rubbed his glasses then spit.

"Allan McLennnen, but we just call him Yeah yeah." Yeah yeah was hitting his hand into his glove then spit.

"Bertram Grover Weeks." spit...

"Kenny DeNunez." spit...

"Hamilton Porter, but we call him Ham." Ham spit on the ground glaring at Scotty.

"Guys, this is Scotty Smalls." I said gesturing to Scotty.

"Hi." Scotty said waving his hand.

Squints just spit on the ground another time while the boys gave Scotty a not so welcoming look.

"Yeah, well, He's gonna play with us, because we can always use the extra bodies. Now we're wasting time. Let's go to the Sandlot." Benny ordered.

As we left the little store the boys were complaining about how 'It's 9:00' I just heard Bertram and Squints.
"Benny, 9:00 in morning!"

As we were walking into the Sandlot all the boys were  still complaining. And Scotty stayed behind us the whole time not listening to the conversation.

"- Why'd you bring him Benny?"

"Because there is nine of us and we could always use another person." I said as we kept walking. Yeah yeah ran up beside Benny and I.

"Yeah,yeah so would my sister, but I didn't bring her." I hit him upside the head with my glove for what he said.

"With ten guys we've bigger team
Yeah yeah." I told him. Then Ham walked by Benny and I.

"No. With Elswenger we had a whole team. Elswenger could catch."

"And throw." Bertram added.

"Come on, Benny man. He ain't game." DeNunez said. "you saw the way he threw."

"Yeah, you already filled up all the empty positions since Liv came. He has no use!" Timmy said.

"Right. Now I get to rotate right positions instead of seven. I need the practice guys." Benny told them. Benny was a great baseball player for the age he's at. So I can see why he wants to practice more so he can get even better in the future.

"Other than Liv your the best on the team. You don't need any practice." I looked down and smiled under my cap.

"-No you don't."

"-You're the best man."

"Come on, Benny man. The kid is... A L-7 weenie." Squints said making a L-7 with his fingers.

"Yeah yeah. Oscar Mayer even.
Foot-Long! Dodger Dog! A Weenie!" Yeah yeah yelled making the boys laugh. Benny and I looked back at Smalls who was looking down at his feet embarrassed. I looked back at a laughing Yeah yeah.

"What are laughing about Yeah yeah. I've seen you run before. You look like a Baby Duck." Then all the boys started gigling at Yeah yeah.

"Okay, okay, but I'm-- i'm

"Part of the game, right?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Mmm, yeah."

"Now, how come he don't get to be?"

"-Because the kids a geek, Liv."

"--He can't catch."

I started getting really frustrated and I guess Benny could tell. "Man, base up, you block heads."

Then all the boys left to their positions. "Thanks." I said Benny.

"No problem." I walked over to Smalls with Benny following behind me.

"Smalls, you take left center, okay?" Benny said. Benny turned around walking to home base.

Smalls looked behind him to the field. Then back at Benny and Me.
"Okay. Um, where exactly is that?" Benny stopped walking and turned back to Smalls.

"It's over there, Smalls." I told him. "Benny I'll be with Smalls for today in Left field." I said making him nod and walk back to home base. Smalls ran up to Left field.

"Here Liv?" He asked. I shook my head for no.

"That's left I said left center." The Smalls ran over to left center.

"Here?" I missed my head and walked over to left field.

"-Come on, Benny man. He's never gonna catch the ball anyway. Let's just play." Squints yelled across the field.

"Yeah yeah, get two." Benny said then threw the ball up and hit it over to Yeah yeah. Yeah yeah caught it then throws over to Bertram, who throws it over to Timmy. After Timmy throws it back to Ham. "Nice." Ham said.

"Wow." I heard Smalls gasp. Ham gave the ball to Benny.

"Hey Smalls, throw it to second."
Smalls holds up his hand and gives a thumbs up.

"-Okay."

"Get ready Smalls." I said hitting my glove. He nodded. Benny threw the ball up and hit. All around the field the boys gasped. Along with me to. When the ball came to Smalls he was running backwards then fell on his back.

"Come on, Benny. Why'd you do that?" DeNunez told him.

"A square, Benny, the kid's a square." Squints said taking off his glasses then outing them back on.

Smalls ran up to the fence and got the ball. But when he did the something behind the fence started to growl. And it was loud. I broke out of my thoughts when Smalls ran up to DeNunez and gave him the ball and ran back to his position. What the hell. I walked over to Smalls and I guess
Benny wanted to come over to talk to him to.

"You can throw it, you know."
Smalls took of his old cap.

"No." He said disappointed. "I can't. I don't know how."

"Didn't anyone teach you?" I asked.

"No. Thanks for taking me here, but I think I'd better go." Smalls was about to walk off but before I could stop him. Benny did.

"Hey, hey. You think too much. I bet you get straight A's and shit, huh?" I playfully shoved him.

"No I got a 'B' once. Actually an A-minus. But it should have been a 'B'."

Really, I only got  and C's.
Me getting a "A" is like me seeing a unicorn. It is rare.

I told him "Smalls, this is baseball. You gotta stop thinking.
thinking. You just have fun. If you were having fun then you would have caught that ball." Smalls did a little nod.

"You ever have a paper route?" Benny asked.

"I helped a guy once."

"Okay. Well, chuck it like you would throw a paper." Benny instucked. Then pretended to throw a ball then stoped arm.
"When your arm gets here, just let go."

"It's that easay, Smalls." I said then messed with hair. Me and Benny were about to walk back our portions but Smalls asked another question.

"How do I catch it?" Benny turned around he looked at Me then Smalls.

"Just stand there and stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it." Benny turned back. Smalls gave me a confused look. I shrugged before running back to my position and waited for Benny.

"About time, Benny. My clothes are going out of style." Squints called out.

"They already are, Squints!" I yelled across the field.

"-Shut up!"

"Then stop complaining!" I shouted back.

When Benny was ready to hit he called, "Smalls throw it to second."

"Okay." Smalls called back. Then held his glove in the air like Benny said. I could hear the boys groaning all over the field. Smalls squeezed his eyes sut and said to himself "Please catch it." Benny spit on the ball then threw it up in the air and hit it.

Everyone on the field gasped at what happened. Smalls caught the ball. After he then threw the ball to second, Bertram's position.

"-Okay. Lets play some ball." He said then threw it back to the pitcher, DeNunez. Smalls gave Me and Benny a thumbs up.

After the game we all went walking home. Me, Smalls, and Benny were walking together. When we all were about to split up Smalls called out.
"Benny, wait! Your glove."

"Keep it, man." Benny told him.

"Thanks!"

When Small was about to run into his house, Benny stopped him.

"Oh, yeah, Smalls. Um, bring
A t-shirt and jeans tomorrow, okay?" Smalls looked down at his clothes.

"Oh, um, you got a fireplace?" Benny asked.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, why?"

"Throw that hat in there, man." Benny told him pointing to his old, worn-out hat.

"Oh, yeah. You know, it was the only one I had." Benny pulled out a blue cap from his back pocket. Gosh how big is his pocket.

"Not anymore." Benny handed Smalls the blue cap, "wear my old hat. 8:00 tomorrow morning." He told him.

"Thanks, Benny. Great 8:00."
Smalls ran into his house the happiest I've seen.

"You know Benny that was really nice of you." I told him as we were walking.

"Thanks. I just thought after today I would just help him adjust to the way things are here."

"Well I think that's very sweet of you." I told then kissed him the cheek. He stood there a little struck. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"See you tomorrow, Benny." And with that I left walking home.

a/n:
o

mg guys 3017 words. That is the longest. Anyway hope you like this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 2K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...
17.7K 106 55
Rowan Hart is the new girl at school, seems like a basic story huh? Not really. She attempts to befriend Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez. Rowan has alwa...
33.6K 299 27
(slow updates) It's not that Y/N hates the sandlot boys, its just that they have never been nice her and she returned the same energy. Always being...
4.3K 43 22
☆FemReader Y/n Y/l/n just moved to San Fernando Valley. Y/n fears she won't know anyone in the town. However, she is surprised to find an old friend...