The Icy Beta

By bubblygal

Hailey Winter was abandoned by her parents since young. She had no memories of her parents and had no idea wh... More

The Icy Beta
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Epilogue
Sequel
Side Story - The Wild Gamma

Chapter Nineteen

32.8K 1K 25
By bubblygal

The Icy Beta: Chapter Nineteen

I was in the dark alone. I kept on running and occasionally, I would turn my head to look behind. There were a group of wolves chasing after me. I screamed and shouted for help but there wasn’t anyone. I ran till I came up to this long standing mirror. When I looked into the mirror, I saw my own reflection. However, the reflection started changing. Furs were grown on my arms and legs. My hands started changing into paws. My face, my eyes, my nose, my ears, my mouth… Everything was changing. I stood on the ground on my 4 paws. My eyes were bloody red. My canines were sharp. My whole aura felt murderous. What’s happening to me?! I screamed out loud when I saw my appearance reflected from the mirror. Slowly, everything disappeared.

“My dear Hailey, I will be coming for you soon…” A creepy voice rang in my head. His voice sent fear down my spine. I opened my eyes immediately and I felt myself perspiring.

“Hailey?” I turned my head to see Brayden coming towards me and sat on the side of the bed. I sat up from the bed and threw myself at him, hugging him tightly. Brayden returned the hug and placed his chin on my shoulder.

“Brayden. Brayden.” I gripped him real tight, not wanting to let go of him.

“I’m here. I’m here.” Brayden patted lightly on my back. Brayden let out a sigh of relief.

“You are safe. You are back to ny side.” He said.

"What happened?" I loosened my grip and moved backwards to create a comfortable space between us. I tried to remember what had happened. I remembered about Ethan, Landon and Brandon. Then, Sophia came. I wanted to show them that I know Chloe. After that… blank. I tried to recall what had happened next but nothing came into my mind. There was only one possibility.

“Did I… turn into a beast again?” My voice was trembling when I asked that question. Brayden came forward and pressed my head against his chest.

“Did I… hurt someone again?” I quickly moved away from Brayden and checked whether there were any wounds on him. My eyes landed on his neck. There were a few cuts on his neck. Tears were forming in my eyes. Brayden hugged me once again.

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone. I should have been with you. I shouldn’t have left you alone.” Brayden said. Why was he apologizing to me? I was the one who caused trouble.

“How are Ethan, Sophia, Landon and Brandon? Did I hurt them too?” I looked at Brayden with my teary eyes. Brayden looked away from me and did not give me an answer.

“I want to go and see them.” I flipped away the blanket that was covering me. I must have wounded them. How could I…

“Hailey, you just woke up.” Brayden held me back. “You need to rest.”

“Brayden, please. I need to see them. I need to know if they are fine. I need to see them with my own eyes. Let me go and check on them.” I looked at Brayden pleadingly. “If I go beast while meeting them, then you just hit me hard till I faint or something.”

“It’s not that.” Brayden looked at me with a pair of I-don’t-want-you-to-go eyes. “I just want you to have more rest. Apparently the transforming into beast thing is eating up your energy. Otherwise, you wouldn’t faint previously and yesterday… Hailey, please. You don’t look well. Please rest for a while more.”

“Brayden…” I looked at Brayden. He looked real worry. I must have frightened him yesterday. I lay down on the bed obediently and covered myself with the blanket to keep myself warm. I stretched out my hand and tugged Brayden’s hand.

“Lie down with me.” I requested. Brayden made his way to my side and lie down beside me. I turned to face him and snuggled closer to him.

“Now sleep.” Brayden commanded and pulled the blanket a little higher to cover me. I smiled at him before closing my eyes and rest. Just right before I lose my conscious, I felt a kiss landed on my forehead.

By the time I woke up, I believed it was already the next morning. My eyes fluttered open and I tried to adjust to the bright sunlight that was lightening up the room. I turned my head around and matched my eyes with the guy I loved. I liked this morning. I liked this feeling of being able to look at the person you loved first thing in the morning. It seemed like I could just look at him forever and I won’t get sick of it. I got so so so attracted to his blue eyes. It totally mesmerized me. My heart started beating rapidly.

“Hailey…?” Brayden frowned a little while looking at me. I sat up from the bed with him doing the same thing as me. I faced him and continued staring at him.

“MINE!!” I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to me. Without hesitation, I crushed my lips on his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me. Our mouth started to move in synchronal. I could feel myself being lowered down to the bed with our mouth still intacted. His kiss started to get rougher. A low, husky growl rumbled through his chest. When his mouth left mine, I looked into his black eyes and it was filled with needs and lust. My poor little boy. That stupid human girl must have made him wait causing him to suffer.

I flipped us around, with him lying beneath me. I unbuttoned his shirt and plant kisses on his neck, trailing down to his chest. He gripped my hip tightly as I sucked and kissed his nipples. I could hear him breathing heavily and groaning as I teased him. Everything was going smoothly before someone knocked on our room door and spoilt the moment. I took a sniff at the air and caught a sweet scent. It was a feminine scent. I was correct to conclude that the person at the door was a female when she spoke. I growled unhappily towards the door. I got down from the bed and marched towards the door. I was about to twist the doorknob to open the door when he hugged me tightly from the back. He kissed and licked my neck causing me to moan.

“I need you.” His voice came out husky and hoarse. I needed him too. But that female… What does she wants? Is she trying to steal him away from me? I’m gonna rip her apart!! No one else matters to me except for my mate. My one and only mate. I will get rid of anyone who gets in my way. I turned around and faced him.

“MINE!!! You are mine!!” I growled possessively.

“Yours.” He shutted my mouth with his. He carried me back to the bed without breaking the kiss.

“Hailey... Hailey…” He mumbled her name between kisses. No. NO. Look carefully. It’s me!! I’m not that stupid human girl!! I’m stronger, faster and smarter than that human girl!!

“NO!! The one you should look at is me!!! Not HER!!!” I pushed him away and shouted at him.

“I’m your mate!!! Not her!!!” He seemed to be in shock when I said that. He came up to me and hugged me. He stroked my hair gently when I lay on his chest. I was happy. This was the feeling of being loved. This was a new emotion for me.

“I love you.” He said. A smile formed on my face when he said that.

“I love her too.” He continued. What?! I stepped away and stared at him with wide eyes.

“Both of you are my mate.” He said.

“NO! I’m your only mate!!!” I grabbed his arms agitatedly. How could he do this me?

“Hailey…”

“NO!!! I’m not Hailey!!! I’m…” I realised I didn’t have a name. I…

‘You’re just a beast. You don’t need a name. You don’t even need love. He won’t accept you because you are a beast. He will only love the human girl and throw you aside.’ A voice sounded in my head.

What is that…? NO. That’s not true. He loves me. He said he loves me. Being locked inside the body of the human girl for so long, that was the first time ever someone recognized me as an individual and told me that he loved me. I felt arms wrapped around me and it gave me warm.

“I need you. I need her too. Return her to me, will you?” He said. Did he choose her over me? But why?! How could he… I won’t forgive him. I won’t… Just you wait… When that day comes, I will take over her body. You will only look at me. You will only love me. And if anyone is stopping me, I will kill them.

My body was feeling weak. My legs didn’t have any energy left. I could feel myself swaying. As I was about to fall, a pair of strong arms held me tightly. I forced myself to keep my eyes opened to look at that person. He looked worried. I smiled weakly at him.

“I’m tired.” I said softly. I did not know what had happened. I was feeling very exhausted. Brayden lifted me up and placed me gently on the bed.

“Sleep. I’m here with you.” He said as he stroked my head gently. I smiled and closed my eyes to sleep, feeling safe and secure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 14 June 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 15 10
How had he gotten this bad and good luck all in one go? He was the alpha damn it, and she was the human in their pack that had no idea of the shifter...
61K 3.5K 40
For Sage Parker life was all about being unnoticed. She lived her life in the shadow. Every since she could remember it was always her and her best f...
267K 7.4K 34
Victoria is a 16 werewolf but she's not just any werewolf. She comes from a very special bloodline she is half alpha and half beta and on top of that...
598K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...